1. The Diablo Roadster followed by the Murcielago Roadster and now finally the Aventador Roadster. How will the new car carry forward this amazing lineage?
The design of a Lamborghini model is always unique. The expression of its form is ahead of its times, it inspires trends and, like the entire car, is uncompromising. Even at launch, a new Lamborghini model bears the signs which will turn a beautiful car into a future legend and a sought-after classic.
2. Big normally aspirated V12’s have always defined Lamborghini Supercars, however with the world moving to Hybrids and Electrics, can we foresee a ‘green’ Lambo soon?
Lamborghini has always been ahead of its time and innovation is our inspiration. Currently, due to the size of the cars and due to the weight of hybridization, the Gallardo and the Aventador do not have a plug-in hybrid variant option.
Lamborghini has always looked to define and redefine the models we have put forth, so I will not rule out a ‘green’ Lamborghini in the future. We believe that power to weight ratio and weight reduction are the best way to achieve efficiency while preserving the brand’s DNA. We are working on decreasing vehicle mass, improving combustion, reducing friction, start-and-stop systems, hybrid drive train solutions, biofuels. However, the Aventador demonstrates perfectly how lightweight technologies provide a significant step towards CO2 reductions.
3. Considering quite a few major Supercars are already in India, how do you see an exotic manufacturer like Lamborghini fairing against more known counterparts like Mercedes-Benz (SLS AMG) and Ferrari?
Lamborghini has and always will stand apart from other brands as it is the epitome of a supercar. We have always had a keen interest in coming to India, more so after we established our presence in 2006. The entry of other luxury car brands of course has an impact, but India is going through an amazing period now and we hope to be a part of that.
4. With recent news of Lamborghini seeing an increase in sales in China, which is the most popular Lambo there?
The most popular model range is the Gallardo (coupe versions in particular).
5. The era of big engines in Formula One is finally coming to an end with the 2014 regulations. Do you think this completely eliminates the possibilities of Lamborghini returning as an engine supplier in F1 in the future?
Our current focus in Motorsport is the one make series Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo that takes the world’s most extreme super sports car brand to the racetrack. The LBST has been launched at the end of 2008 and since then it has been growing constantly and successfully. The European series exists since 2009, Asia since 2012 and the USA series will be launched in 2013.
6. The Sesto Elemento is pretty much one of the most radical cars to head out of the gates of Sant’Agata. Does this design pave the way for future Lamborghini cars? More importantly for the long due Gallardo successor.
The Sesto Elemento is an Engineering marvel is based on the Gallardo platform and will see only 20 owners’ worldwide. The Sesto Elemento is an extreme example of the performance and design achievements this technology can lead to. It boasts of 0-100 in just 2.5 Secs and weighs just 999 KG. We are yet to decide if there could be synergies for our future products but it will be difficult to replicate the exclusivity of the Sesto ELemento.The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento was developed as a demonstration platform for our materials’ technology, including new approaches in the use of carbon fiber. The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento shows how the future of the super sports car can look – extreme lightweight engineering, combined with extreme performance results in extreme driving fun.
Iconic Lamborghini Concept Gets A New Lease Of...
All-New BMW X3 India Launch On April 19
Plush New Mahindra XUV500 Launched At Rs 1232...
Refreshed Hyundai i20 Active Launched In India
Hyundai Tucson Facelift Unveiled
This Evoque With A Magical Roof Costs Rs 6953...
All-New Honda Amaze Launched
2018 Honda Amaze Launch Date Confirmed
Honda Amaze Bookings Open To Launch In May
This Is The All-New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
Be the first to get latest news and updates about Lamborghini. Click Allow