X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the report of day 2. Brilliant read as always Roshun
    Be nice

Comment

Roshun Brilliant report Roshun. I surely missed an awesome trip. Waiting for the report for the second day.

Comment

Latest update on Lucknow-Agra Expressway as on 31st Dec'16. From Lucknow, the expressway is open till Karhal(~230 kms from lucknow). Rest 80 kms to Agra is still under construction.

Comment

Nikhil Kalra
          It's great to know that work is progressing at a good pace on this road. Even though it missed the promised deadline to be fully open, one can now catch the Expressway from just before Karhal (before Etawah on NH2). The exact location from where you can get on the Expressway is this: 26.974188 N, 78.806170 E

This is the point where we had also got back on the Expressway earlier, but got stuck with road tarring and bridge repair works ahead. That appears to be complete now.

Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Day 2 of The Great Lucknow Kebab Run
            December 18, 2016 dawned on us. I was up at 5.00 am, considering we were 14 people staying in a house with mattresses spread out in all the rooms. There were only two washrooms, so as they say, the early bird gets the… whatever.
            Today, was going to be another day of gastronomic satiation. In other words, gluttony again! The plan was to head out to Hazratganj again and sample some of Bajpai’s famous poori-chole, aloo-kachori and then head next door to have some hot jalebis in curd.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	10431

But first, we had to get everyone up. Since all I could hear was satisfactory snoring from all corners of the house, I decided I would head out for a walk and check out the neighbourhood we were in, looking for some hot tea or coffee. A 30-minute walk later, I found only one tea stall just opening up. Rounded up a few of the others and we got there for some tea.

Anything passes for a helmet in Lucknow:

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0010.jpg
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	10432

At 9.30am we finally managed to get everyone out of bed and bundled into the cars. We headed straight for Hazratganj and Mr. Bajpai (I assume that’s him) was busy doling out the pooris and kachoris. We had to queue up to get our share. Incidentally, his shop is unmarked and of course, deals only in cash – no cards, no PayTM.

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0019.jpg
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	10433

Want to go there? Navigate to: 26.850003 N, 80.943310 E

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0034.jpg
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	10434

This is right opposite Ram Asrey’s sweet shop. And then some in the group went shopping for Chikan work clothing – again a Lucknow trademark.

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0025.jpg
Size:	558.8 KB
ID:	10435

Shopping:

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0050.jpg
Size:	587.8 KB
ID:	10436

A farewell shot with Yugank's family:

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0058.jpg
Size:	638.8 KB
ID:	10437

We finally headed out of Lucknow at 1.00 pm. We tanked up just outside the city and caught the old NH2, towards Kanpur. Kalyani stayed back, so we were one car short in the convoy. We made our first stop at 3.45pm for lunch at 3.45 pm at Raj Mahal Dhaba, halfway between Kanpur and Etawah. (Location: 26.3782586 N, 79.6229955 E).

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0094.jpg
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	10438

We finally left the Dhaba at 5.06 pm and reached Agra at 8.22pm, getting on the Yamuna Expressway.

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0138.jpg
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	10439

A quick catch up at a Toll Plaza:

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0228.jpg
Size:	542.4 KB
ID:	10440

We reached Greater Noida (Domino’s Pizza) at 10.15pm, having called ahead for some grub. Post the pizzas, it was time to bid farewell and head home.

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0230.jpg
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	10441

Lighting for the above photo provided by Karan's mammoth LED bar:

Name:	The Great Kebab Run-0180.jpg
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	10442

I was back home at exactly 12.06am, well-fed and satisfied from a fantastic road trip.

12.30 am: Zzzzzzzzz.
            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun Great update and lovely pictures to go along.

Comment

Roshun Shall surely learn to have patience to write such a detailed Sooper travelogue like this. Keep writing Bro 👍👍👍
                Warm Regards,
                The Roadographer

Comment

Working...
                X