Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more photos from ZigDrive 7. An interesting sight was this Hyosung Aquila GV250, a pretty rare bike to see.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	zigdrive-7-offroad-ride (36).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	6515

How many people can you fit on a Himalayan? Here's an attempt... or not.

Name:	zigdrive-7-offroad-ride (77).jpg
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	6516

What's my Scorpio doing in the midst of all these bikes? Carrying water and bags...

Name:	zigdrive-7-offroad-ride (64).jpg
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	6517

34 riders. 38 degree heat. 100% fun. ZigDrive 7 left us drained, but yet strangely invigorated.
    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun
      Awesome pictures.. These bikes are giving tough fight to the OTR events happened in earlier Zigdrive's. Double thumbs up
      Let's do a combo event with Cars and Bikes

Comment

Roshun
        We loved it

Comment

Can't believe I missed out on all the fun. The trails look really good and I'm sure many of the riders must have found it difficult to negotiate the loose sand. Must have been a thrills and spills galore last Sunday! I was surprised to see quite a lot of Hero Impulses on this ride. I've always been a big fan of the bike. Like Roshun said, the Impluse could have done with a little bit more power. Once I got a friends Impulse for a short ride on the ECR and I took it to the beach running parallel to the road. It was a lot of fun to ride in the sand. My only grouse with the Impulse was the relatively high saddle height. That's not exactly the Impulses fault because I wish I was a bit taller. I've heard of some riders swapping the Impulses engine with the one powering the old Karizma. Now that would be a fun bike to ride on the trails, won't it?

Comment

Originally posted by NikilSJ View Post
            I've heard of some riders swapping the Impulses engine with the one powering the old Karizma. Now that would be a fun bike to ride on the trails, won't it?
            The Impulse has a very good chassis and suspension. It only needs a more powerful engine. An Impulse 223 with the Karizma engine would work wonders for it. A little better styling also perhaps and it will be a good starter adventure bike.
            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

how often do u plan ZigDrives?
              Rajen
              A Proud KUV100 Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Rajen_Joshi View Post
                how often do u plan ZigDrives?
                We try to get one in every month at least. Initially we managed two a month. I want to have these in other cities too. Looking for enthusiasts who can round up a group in cities like Pune, Mumbai, Trivandrum, etc. Once assured of at least 20 -30 cars, we can organise a ZigDrive.
                Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

JOY, I'll be in Trivandrum from the 14th till the 17th of September. Let's organise a ZigDrive there?

Comment

NikilSJ Zigdrive Kerala edition on "Thiruvonam" , I am booking my tickets straight away! How about Ponmudi?
                    if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

JijoMalayil Trivandrum has many options around. Ponmudi, Thenmala, Poovar, Neyyar dam. All aren't too short or too long a drive and nice destinations.
                      I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Ponmudi is a relatively short drive from the city. Did this a couple of months back and the roads are okish till the top except for some in the city which would have been mended by now. Has some very photogenic locations high up.
                        If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

JOY MRC, being the Trivandrum expert , and with the highest experience living in the city, what places would you suggest.
                          I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

my content didn't show up correctly. sorry about that. Ponmudi is 60kms one way from the city. meenmutty(52-55kms approx) is just before the starting climb to ponmudi which features basically trekking(no cars beyond the entrance) but beautiful scenic place(one of the top rated in tvm). there is a nice foot hill restaurant also for refreshments if needed before getting jiggy with the bends. climbing up to the top, we are greeted by light mist and blinding clouds(seasonal) which makes it a delightful climb. after reacing the car parking area we can choose to walk to the watch tower or catch the air and walk around and enjoy the view. there is govt canteen, playground and merchandise centers too including natural/herbal items. This would be ideal for tvm members as we can go enjoy and make it back by evening before getting stuck in the Onaaghosham traffic(depending on when the event is being conducted)

Comment

JOY MRC isnt Meenmuty waterfalls enroute to Ponumdi?

Comment

I will discuss with my mates and update if there are any other good destinations within reach.

Comment

Working...
                                X