This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZigDrive 6: Bengaluru to Avalabetta on Sunday, June 19, 2016

Attention all you roadies in Bengaluru! ZigDrive 6 takes you to a lovely hilltop just 85 km out of Bengaluru, a spot called Avalabetta that's not as well-known as Nandi Hills, making it the perfect spot for you to take your cars and bikes out for a long drive on a Sunday morning. The rains are here and that will make this drive even more interesting.

When: Sunday, June 19, 2016
    Where to: Avalabetta
    Meeting point: Hebbal, Service Lane opposite Esteem Mall
    Assembly time: 7.00 am
    Departure time: 7.15 am
    Drive distance (one way): 90 km (Round trip of 180 km)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	avalabetta-8.png
Views:	1
Size:	385.4 KB
ID:	5693

(Image courtesy: Avalabetta Trek)

Drive Details:
    We will be driving up to Avalabetta and back with a stop for breakfast being organized enroute. You are free to carry some snacks and water as well in your individual cars. The road we will take is NH7, the highway to Hyderabad, turning off at Peresandra towards Avalabetta. You will have to pay toll at the airport toll gate (Rs. 120 round trip toll). Driving time is expected to be about 1 hour and 40 minutes, but do factor in a 45 minute halt before that for breakfast. There is a small guest house at the top, in front of which is ample parking. For better views, you will need to walk up the hillside for about half a km.

‚ÄčLocal coordinators in Bengaluru for this ZigDrive are Arjun and Ivee. Tag them for any help with coordination.

Please RSVP in the posts below and share among interested friends. Some photos, courtesy Arjun who took the trouble to recce the spot this weekend. Big shout out to him!

The location:

Name:	avalabetta-2.png
Size:	984.3 KB
ID:	5687

Another view:

Name:	avalabetta-1.png
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	5688

Road to Avalabetta from NH7:

Name:	avalabetta-4.png
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	5689

At the top:

Name:	avalabetta-3.png
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	5690

Car parking area:

Name:	avalabetta-7.png
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	5691

The route map:

Name:	avalabetta-9.png
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	5722

I will also be coming to Bengaluru for this drive. Looking forward to meeting you all. Please RSVP below before Friday, June 17 so we can get a head count of sorts.

Earlier ZigDrives:
    ZigDrive 5
    ZigDrive 4

ZigDrive 3
    ZigDrive 2
    ZigDrive 1
    Drink coffee and drive!

Awesome Arjun. Glad you could pick a fine spot in the end. Would have loved to be there. Anyways enjoy the trip u guys and have a fun and safe trip.
    If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

See you all there !!! Kudos Arjun for all the efforts !! Hope to make this a big drive !!

Comment

Roshun Hello Roshun and Arjun, I am in for the event and exciting to cathc up you guys!! Coming alone with My Innova.

Comment

prady Look forward to seeing you there!
          No traction, more action!

Comment

Folks, the Delhi team is getting quite excited about this ZigDrive in Bengaluru. So much so, they are willing to drive 2,200 km to come and see you. Watch this space for more updates. ‚Äč Arjun, Ivee prady JOY MRC
            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

2200 kms.Sounds like an awesome Plan

Comment

Originally posted by JOY MRC View Post
                2200 kms.Sounds like an awesome Plan
                Driving 2200 km to drive 90 km with the folks in Bengaluru and then driving back another 2200 km. That's close to a 4,500 km round trip! What to say, the boys, they love driving
                Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

@joymrc , that is a hint that you can also join. its a mere 700km journey for you
                  I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Arjun Point taken.but I need to be here 19th as my sister and kid is coming @ 2.30am(early morning 20th).I won't make it back in time if I join you guys.I would definitely miss this drive and seeing all of you guys in person especially our SuperMod as we never met even though we know each other since 2010.Definitely Next time my Brothers

Comment

Guys where is the registration link, cannot find it

Comment

rsaikia A post in this thread is all we need. We will take a count of the unique replies. Please let us know the mode of tranport(car/bike) and number of people accompanying you.
                        I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Hi Arjun, i will be joining with my family (Approx 4) in my car

Comment

Dear Arjun, I will be coming in my Figo, hope to see you folks, Cheers

Comment

Hi all. I will be joining. Will need a place in someone's vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X