Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roshun I want to join in my Grand i10, will check if some friends wanna join. So how does the registration work? (just a comment on the post will do?) Any registration fee ? (my first drive, so pardon me)

Comment

If u can come till Hebbal , we can car pool afterwards as my friend is stuck. So I will come alone in my Grand i10

Comment

Kapil_Kumar Hi, there is no registration fee, all you have do is to just show up at the designated spot on time, or you can join the group on the way somewhere. I'm tagging Roshun and Arjun who will be organizing the event, for providing you with further information regarding the selected route. Cheers!
        if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

Kapil_Kumar
          Hi Kapil. Just reach Hebbal at 7.00 am. We will be waiting in the service lane opposite to Esteem Mall. There is no registration fee or anything. It's a drive to meet our forum members and share experiences of our drives and cars.
          Four of us drove down in two cars from Delhi to Bangalore for this event :-) . A 2200 km trip in 30 hours. We loved it, and we hope you will love this small 85 km trip (+ 85 back) to Avalabetta too. Will meet you tomorrow morning.
          Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun
            awesome cya tomoro morning

Comment

After a lovely 2200 km road trip in the Honda BR-V and Mahindra Scorpio 4WD, we were in Bengaluru with a day to spare, before ZigDrive 6. So on the morning of June 19, we were up nice and early to catch up with the Bengaluru community of ZigWheels forum members and friends.
              The occasion was the drive to Avalabetta for ZigDrive 6 - a route that had been scouted out by Arjun and with social activism by Ivee to spread the word about the drive. 26 people, 12 cars and 2 bikes showed up for the drive. I don't know about the others (waiting for their opinions), but I think the place and the drive to and from it was just fantastic. Great stuff Arjun! Thanks for suggesting and organizing this drive.
              Now to put out some photos from the event and I'm hoping Kapil_Kumar, prady VikramShanker and others will add to the list. Oh, and Ivee, do share your set of photos here too. I'm taking one of them anyway to prove to the world that the "cliff-hanging rock" does exist! Apparently, Ivee had to stand in a queue to get to the precipice for a few photos.
              The cars begin lining up at 7 am at Hebbal, opposite Esteem mall. The early birds show up. CorsaVeloce and friend brought a Mercedes A-Class along. prady's Innova up front.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	b2a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	5890

As more cars show up, the service lane begins to get a bit crowded.

Name:	b2a 2.jpg
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	5891

That's VikramShanker with his Laura TSI posing for a photo:

Name:	b2a 3.jpg
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	5892

Continued...​
              Last edited by Praveen; 20-06-16, 03:23 PM. Reason: image broken
              Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

By 7.15 am we had a full convoy of 2 Scorpios, 2 Grand i10s, 2 Figos, 2 Skoda Lauras, 1 Innova, 1 Honda BR-V, 1 Honda Brio, 1 Mercedes A-Class, 1 Pulsar AS 200 and a Thunderbird 350. We set out with Arjun leading the convoy along with Prady in the Innova while I brought up the rear, keeping the whole pack in between. We had to pick up a Rs. 120 round trip toll at the Bengaluru airport.

A quick round of introductions before we set out.

Name:	b2a 5.jpg
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	5901

That's @Arjun's Figo at the back.

Name:	b2a 4.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	5902

The convoy at the airport toll plaza, paying toll.

Name:	b2a 6.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	5903

A shot of the convoy on the highway.

Name:	b2a 7.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	5904
                Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

We then stopped off for Breakfast at Indian Paranthe Company about 10 km after the airport. This place seems pretty popular with Bengaluru residents, as a whole bunch of superbikes and other riders and car groups showed up at the restaurant for breakfast. Our convoy though stood out.

Name:	886eab0e-533d-418a-bdc0-51f764f098e3.jpg
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	5893

A shot of the convoy lining up for breakfast.

Name:	6bd01742-ec0d-4aa2-8c4d-8731f79c4d4c.jpg
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	5894

The gang in Indian Paranthe company. Aloo and other parathas, coffee, lime juice were ordered.

Name:	9872a3a1-0ef7-43f4-973f-9c8e69ef55f3.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	5895

Some decided to stay outdoors and enjoy the pleasant weather.

Name:	3cbdd14e-2f40-4084-9d2b-0e29041b1305.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	5896
                  Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

After breakfast it was time to set out again. From Indian Paranthe Company, it was just another 40 odd km to Avalabetta. The road is just fantastic. This is the NH7 that continues to Hyderabad. We had to turn off just after the Chikballapur turn.

Name:	3ec9c139-5ef5-4d99-842a-e9fefbc05e4d.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	5897

The convoy sets off after breakfast

Name:	7bae051a-920e-4427-93a5-945983f3a3e3.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	5898

The road to Avalabetta is fairly narrow.

Name:	df3be0e2-78e4-4f23-923b-6f88d825771f.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	5899

The last section is a steep climb with twisties.

Name:	f30296a0-1c94-44ba-b149-7294660efb15.jpg
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	5900
                    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

We finally made it to the top. One has to park the cars near a guest house area at Avalabetta and then explore the area.

Name:	5d39f0d3-dccc-4845-99fe-7c15f8808337 (1).jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	5910

We got a quick group shot before heading out to explore the rocks and views in the area.

Name:	4fde5633-edbe-433e-9a1b-7852162e3797.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	5908

That's the Chikballapur lake as seen from the top of Avalabetta.

Name:	64fc613b-6604-4e6d-95b9-0df1784b5537.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	5907

Some wanted to get to that rock at the top, it's a pretty tough climb up.

Name:	3f3b4b22-80ff-4ee6-ba9e-af419b798150.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	5906

See how far it actually is, with VikramShanker pointing towards that rock.

Name:	ef41617d-1aa4-44c4-9516-aed01478e59d.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	5905

Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Ivee and Arjun can you share your set of photos? Especially the one at the cliff hanging rock where you had to wait in a queue to get yourself clicked (@Ivee).
                        Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ivee View Post
                            That is a seriously brave photo Ivee. I wouldn't attempt going out on this ledge the way you did. I get vertigo in such kind of situations, especially if there are others around. The drop below this precipice is over a 100 feet right? I'm surprised there's no one at Avalabetta preventing people from going out on this ledge.
                            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Yeah ... You are right.. There was a lot of crowd standing at the edge.. I felt it was a dangerous spot too and while going there, I kind off did my last prayers. With the wind bowing hard, it is not easy to have balance. And one fall and nothing will remain. I still can't believe I did it, every time i see this pic. I just thank my stars that I am back alive

Comment

Ivee certainly has no Acrophobia Roshun reaching new heights in order to get some network on his phone. The day was cloudy and it drizzled for a minute or two to scare us. But the climate acted in our favour and we were able to have a nice, pleasant trip. The sun got a few minutes to throw some sunshine on us and warm things a little. Long discussion about the trip and the cars
                                I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X