Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerala Trip - August 2016

Dear Experts,

I have planned for Kerala Trip during August 2016. We are 7 people in total.
    I will board on train from Surat on 12th Aug, Friday. will reach Ernakulam at or after 11:30 a.m. on 13th Aug.

Then onward, following is my travel plan:

13th Aug : Kochi to Munnar - Hotel Not Decided (Pls suggest a good hotel. How is Grand Plaza? Ambady Estate?)
    14th Aug : Munnar
    15th Aug : Munnar
    16th Aug : Munnar to Thekkady - Booked KTDC - ARANYA NIWAS. How is this hotel for family? I can cancel it if it is not preferable.
    17th Aug : Thekkady
    18th Aug : Thekkady to Alleppey - Booked Ramada Alleppey for 1 night.
    19th Aug : Check-out from Alleppey hotel, and move to Kochi. Kochi sight seeing for entire day, and board on train to Surat at 8:00 p.m. from Ernakulam.

I have booked 1 Nissan Evalia from Ernakulam for entire trip. Train tickets are booked.

Is this plan good? Do I need to change something? or a place?

Please write your view based on your experience.

Thanks in Advance!

Finally, I booked hotels for Munnar. For first 2 nights, I have booked Elysium Garden. Will move to the Sienna Village in chinnakanal for 3rd night in Munnar. For first 2 nights, I wanted to stay at Ambaddy Estate, but could not get 3 rooms there through MMT. MMT has only 1 room for this hotel. So, booked and cancelled twice. Then, I contacted Ambaddy directly, but they provided very high rate, so, i decided to go with Elysium Garden.

Still, I will welcome suggestions by experts. All the bookings can be cancelled for FREE. No cancellation cost will be levied.

Comment

Originally posted by tush.desai View Post
      Finally, I booked hotels for Munnar. For first 2 nights, I have booked Elysium Garden. Will move to the Sienna Village in chinnakanal for 3rd night in Munnar. For first 2 nights, I wanted to stay at Ambaddy Estate, but could not get 3 rooms there through MMT. MMT has only 1 room for this hotel. So, booked and cancelled twice. Then, I contacted Ambaddy directly, but they provided very high rate, so, i decided to go with Elysium Garden..
      Sounds like you already have a pretty decent plan in place. I am just tagging Jeep Captain and HVKumar as they will be able to give you some local intel on the area. Jeep Captain is based in Kerala and travels around quite a bit. Also JOY MRC is based in Thiruvananthapuram, and may be able to give you some advice on your plan. Tagging all.
      Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Dear Experts,

I have planned for Kerala Trip during August 2016. We are 7 people in total.
        I will board on train from Surat on 12th Aug, Friday. will reach Ernakulam at or after 11:30 a.m. on 13th Aug.

Then onward, following is my travel plan:

13th Aug : Kochi to Munnar - Hotel Not Decided (Pls suggest a good hotel. How is Grand Plaza? Ambady Estate?)
        14th Aug : Munnar
        15th Aug : Munnar
        16th Aug : Munnar to Thekkady - Booked KTDC - ARANYA NIWAS. How is this hotel for family? I can cancel it if it is not preferable.
        The best location you can get. And assured seats in the boat safari. Note to take the earliest morning & latest evening safaris for best viewing.
        But pointless to stay 2 nights.

17th Aug : Thekkady
        18th Aug : Thekkady to Alleppey - Booked Ramada Alleppey for 1 night.
        19th Aug : Check-out from Alleppey hotel, and move to Kochi. Kochi sight seeing for entire day, and board on train to Surat at 8:00 p.m. from Ernakulam.
        Better to cruise around the backwaters - many choices for day cruises. Kochi does not have much to offer.

Comment

Thank you Roshun HVKumar !

Originally posted by HVKumar View Post

The best location you can get. And assured seats in the boat safari. Note to take the earliest morning & latest evening safaris for best viewing.
          But pointless to stay 2 nights.

Better to cruise around the backwaters - many choices for day cruises. Kochi does not have much to offer.
          Now, when the hotel is liked by the Chief, I have no reason to worry regarding KTDC Aranya Niwas! and yes, as suggested by you, we will plan around 3 hours of day trip in backwaters, and then proceed toward Kochi after lunch.
          Many Thanks again!

Comment

HVKumar Sir,

Now, only this thing needs your review.
            Finally, I booked hotels for Munnar. For first 2 nights, I have booked Elysium Garden. Will move to the Sienna Village in chinnakanal for 3rd night in Munnar. For first 2 nights, I wanted to stay at Ambaddy Estate, but could not get 3 rooms there through MMT. MMT has only 1 room for this hotel. So, booked and cancelled twice. Then, I contacted Ambaddy directly, but they provided very high rate, so, i decided to go with Elysium Garden.

Still, I will welcome suggestions by experts. All the bookings can be cancelled for FREE. No cancellation cost will be levied.
            What is your view on Elysium Garden, and The Sienna Village? Please don't hesitate. I will not feel bad. I can still cancel the rooms and get full refund.
            Thanks!

Comment

HVKumar Sir,

Now, only this thing needs your review.

What is your view on Elysium Garden, and The Sienna Village? Please don't hesitate. I will not feel bad. I can still cancel the rooms and get full refund.
              Thanks!

Sienna Village is a lovely location, but no idea about its quality. Never heard of Elysium Garden, hence no comments

Comment

Ok, fine. I booked that hotel after going through online reviews on various site. But, I trust you more than those 100+ reviews. Anyways, I have no reason to cancel the booking so far. So, I will stick with the bookings made.

Thank you!

Comment

Tush.desai
                  Hi..
                  Good trip plan.
                  If you want to know more about Kerala tourist places ,visit :http://tourstokerala.org/
                  Have a happy and memorable holiday!!!

Comment

Hi Guys, I am back home. Kerala was amazing. Everything was fresh and green due to the ongoing rain. As per the plan, I stayed in Munnar for 3 days. 2 Nights in Elysium Garden, 1 night in Sienna Village in Chinnakanal area. Both the hotels are amazing. In fact, I will recommend all the hotels where I stayed during my entire trip, including Thekkady and Alleppey. The Sienna Village offers great views from sitting areas of cottages, and from common gazzebo area. In nearby area, you can enjoy Kathakkali show, Martial Arts show, you can go to Kolukkumali in a jeep. In Thekkady, I stayed in Aranya Nivas inside the Reserve. It is located at a good place, just besides boating point inside the Reserve. I enjoyed a lot in Thekkady. It was worth spending 2 nights there becase of activities like boating, trekking, jeep safari, elephant riding etc. In Alleppey, we stayed in Ramada Alleppey. It is a costly hotel, I must say. But, lake facing rooms have splendid views. It is located just besides ending point of Nehru Boat Race. The highlight of my trip was the DEEP FOREST TREKKING in Thekkady along with a guide. I will post some pics later on. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Tush.desai Wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Kerala. Thekkady and Allepey are just too beautiful to be ignored. Waiting for your travelogue and pictures from the trip. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X