Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangalore - Hampi road trip

Hello,

Am planning to drive to Hampi on Friday evening and return Monday morning. Any suggestions on route to be taken, nice places to have dinner/meals?

TIA,
    Piyush

Piyush_Bansal The best route would be the Bangalore -Hiriyur- Bellari-Hospet- Hampi route. I have taken the Chritradurga route last year in December and the route was slow due to road works. The Hiriyur-Bellari route was what I took on the way back and it was much better. For food, there is a Kamat at Tumkur road, and otherwise there would be good options in Bellary. Hospet is a small town and I think there was a hotel named Shanbagh which was a decent one for Udupi food. Mostly Hospet has a few dinner options.In Hampi try the Mango Tree restaurant. Had tried a few more places but can't recollect the names. Hampi is full of old temples and ruins from the Vijayanagar kingdom. There is a lot to see and it would be best to hire a guide there who can tell you the history of all the places. There is a lot of history behind each temple and place, which would be missed if you see them without a guide. You can get a guide from the entrance of Virupaksha temple, where there is a tourism department office. Have a nice trip.
    I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Working...
    X