Hyderabad to Kozhikode via Bengaluru & Mysuru

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyderabad to Kozhikode via Bengaluru & Mysuru

I want to visit Kerala (starting point in Kerala would be Kozhikode) via Bengaluru-Mysuru. How is road condition from Bengaluru to Mysuru & Kozhikode. Pl help.

TDSPRASAD Hi, I undertook the same route last month. The roads throughout were pretty good. Bengaluru to Mysuru (NH 275) is four-lane ones. Mysuru to Calicut via Sulthan Bathery is two laned, but the road condition is good. Safe trip
    if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

Thank You very much JijoMalayil Ji..Thanks for your kind advice.

Comment

You're welcome TDSPRASAD. Sorry, I missed the Hyedrabad to Bengaluru part. Tagging Roshun MotuSid who just took that route on their Delhi - Benguluru trip. They will be able to help you in this regard.
        if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

TDSPRASAD I drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad quite often and had just driven down last week on the 2-3rd of June. The roads from Hyderabad to Bangalore couldn't be better. There is not a patch of bad roads in between and its entirely four laned. There is a food court near before Mehabubnagar and another named Hotel Blue Moon near Gooty(250kms before Bangalore) which are nice places to take a break. They have good washrooms and decent food and are pleasent for a short break. Also there are many petrol bunks and also a reliance bunk with A1 food court. The journey took me 6 hours from Airport to airport however enteting the city may take you more time depending on traffic.
          I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Thank You Arjun for your valuable message.

Comment

While going from Bangalore to Kozhikode, there are two route options. You can either go via Mysore-Gundelpet-Sulthanbatthery or you can go via Nagarhole-Irripu-Kotta.
              For both these routes you would have to take the Mysore highway, which is 4 laned and smooth. There are plenty of food joints in between where you can stop for breaks. Adigas at Maddur(a lotus shaped building) and Bencys food court are my usual stops there and have good facilities. If you are going via Nagarhole, there would be more sightings of wildlife as the route is less used and the deer and peacocks are seen near the road. However the road is patchy and also has potholes.
              Via gundelpet-bandipur the road is better and is smooth most of the time. Avoid reaching either of these places at night as the national parks are closed for transit during night time. After Mysore highway ends you may not find any pit stops till you reach Waynad. The evening traffic while entering Calicut near the airport gets bad but once you cross the turn towards the airport it should be smooth. I had done the calicut drive around a year back, so am not sure if the situation remains the same. I usually take Nagarhole route towards and gundelpet route on return.
              I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

We just drove down from Delhi to Bangalore and then on to Coorg, up to Goa, then Pune and back to Delhi. (See details of the drive here: https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...ra-scorpio-4wd). The roads from Hyderabad to Bangalore are butter smooth and well marked. You won't even realize the distance from Hyderabad to Bangalore, and it should take you around 7 hours or so.
                Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Working...
                X