Awesome and Practical Biking Accessories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome and Practical Biking Accessories

Over the years, technology has grown by leaps and bounds. This has made a significant impact in the world of motorcycling. With the advent of modern technologies, the perception of motorcycles being absolute death machines has changed by quite an extent. Not only safety, the cool quotient of motorcycles have also gone up. Here are some of the best accessories which not only look cool, but are practical as well.

Bolt Charger:
    Bolt is a versatile all-weather resistant mobile phone charger designed specifically for motorcycles. It also comes with a water resistant cover to keep your phone while charged. Brilliant, right? The wires can be connected to the battery terminals and the other end has a clamp which can be attached to the handlebar using nuts and bolts. The Bolt Charger is plugged in and then the phone is connected to the charger.
    PC: Flipkart
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bolt.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	5321

Here's a video on how to install it:

In case you're parking the bike, you can simply unplug the charger and take it with you. Additionally, the bolt pocket can be strapped to the tank, doubling up even as a GPS holder! Bolt comes with a one year free replacement warranty. The energy efficient circuitry and smart circuit protection system ensures there is no harm to our phone. The Bolt is quite affordable at INR 1,699. It is available online in Flipkart. Bolt also comes with an app called "Bolt Riders app" which is bike tracking app and also provides lifetime updates for free.

Eclipse by Summer Mount Upp:
    The Eclipse is essentially a handle bar-end day time running lights (DRL). The white colour acts as the DRL whereas the Amber colour act as an indicator. It is mounted where the bar-end weights are. The wiring is linked to the normal indicator switches. The Eclipse is useful to alert fellow car drivers/ bikers, especially at night and also looks pretty cool! Pretty much like tron, right?

Name:	summer mount upp.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	5322

Name:	summer mount upp2.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5323

PC: Summer Mount Upp

The eclipse comes with a one year warranty and is priced at INR 2,400. It can be bought here.

Lightmode Helmet Lighting System:
    Often helmets are bought in dark colours with various cool patterns. What people don't realise is that helmets are supposed to be brightly coloured so that it doesn't compromise on visibility. Lightmodehelmets.com has come up with a novel way to literally “Light up” your helmet with adhesive LED lighting system. Looks ultra cool, if you ask me.

Name:	Ducati+LightMode+(No+Logo).jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	5337

Pretty sexy, right?

Name:	Proton+Kit+White+Helmet+On+Motorcycle.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	5338
    1. First, mark the light pattern on your helmet with a rope and tapes.
    2. Then remove the rope and follow the pathway with the Electroluminescent (EL) wire and glue it up.
    3. Connect the EL wire to the controller and glue the controller to the side of the helmet.
    4. The controller is powered by two AA size batteries and lasts up to 13 hours of illumination.

Name:	Proton+Kit+Components+(3rd+Iteration)+-+Cropped.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	5339

Name:	Controller+On+Helmet+-+Cropped2.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	5340

Name:	Red+Proton+EL+Wire.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	5341

Here's the installation video:

You can buy this product here. You can also pick up some more cool biking accessories HERE
    Keep the rubber side down!

That Bolt Charger for bikes is really cool. konarktyagi had got one during some event some time back. We were trying to fix it on one of the bikes a couple of weeks ago. The installation is fairly simple and since the charger's got a clamp that you can attach to the handlebar, it is very convenient as well. Not a fan of those Eclipse bar-end lights though. I think they can be quite distracting not only for the rider but for other road users as well.
    As for the Lightmode helmet lightning strip, those are damn cool. Do you know how much they are priced at?

Comment

NikilSJ The prices for the Lightmode helmet lighting system starts at around INR 2,400. I think the bar-end lights will be useful for other road users to figure out the width of the bike, especially at night. I don't think they would be distracting if they're not flashing/ flickering.

Comment

Nice accessories Praveen. But do you know any place where one can get a Bluetooth helmet kit? Something that will easily mount inside of your helmet and be able to pair with either a two-way radio or a cellphone via Bluetooth. The only thing I've come across so far is this "Sena" Bluetooth kit for helmets, priced at about Rs. 5000. It seems a bit clunky though. Any other ideas?
        Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun Thanks. You could check out Scala Rider bluetooth system. Priced at around 270 Euros, it sure is expensive, but offers good range of up to one mile. I think you can get an imported one from stores like Adventure18 or Riderz Planet. Alternatively, you can also check out Bluetooth enabled helmets like this.
          Or, you can use a pair of Bluetooth Earphones and go the jugaad way!

Comment

Praveen the bar-end lights on the picture you posted emits a blue light. Generally, blue light is the most distracting kind as they penetrate all the way to the retina. Studies have shown that blue light can damage light-sensitive cells in the retina. That's the reason why your eye hurts at night when you see bikes with those annoying blinking blue LED lights. If it was a faint orange or a red, then I wouldn't have a problem with the bar-end mirrors.

Comment

Just simply go to spartanprogear website and buy.you can also contact riders planet delhi for the same.
              Priced at 9500.

Comment

The price of Rs. 9500 you have mentioned, is it for the Bluetooth system for the helmet?
                Manu_Raj_Sharma

Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun So I just checked out Spartanprogear website. For INR 9,500, this one fits the bill: The Sena SMH 5 bluetooth headset and intercom for motorcycle riders. It offers 8 hours talktime, 400 meters range in open terrain, noise control, integrated audio booster and even music sharing. Check it out:

Name:	SMH5-1.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	5508

Name:	SMH5-2.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	5509

Name:	SMH5-3.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	5510

Comment

Check out www.bikenbiker.com for comm devices from Sena. you can check a device comparison chart here - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/13...99549802121260

Comment

They cost Rs.4000 Available at District 4

Comment

Praveen Guys I need a very stylish & compact side box/bag for my avenger. Can anyone give me any link or website for that? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Souradip_Bhattacharya You could check out Studds Cruiser Box. The payload capacity is 15 kg, and the storage volume is 23 liters. It also comes with a six lever locking system. It is priced at INR 1,050 in Studds official website. But in Snapdeal the price is INR 1,700. It is better you go to a motorcycle accessories shop, have a look at the product and then buy one. Another, cheaper option is the Vault box from Studds. It has a smaller capacity of only 8 liters with a payload capacity of 6 kg.
                          If you're not looking for a permanent side-box, you could check Viaterra Claw. It is really versatile and is suitable for almost all motorcycle models. The Claw is priced at INR 2,900 The fit and finish is very good and is totally worth the price. You can mount it on your motorcycle, fill it up with stuff and after you're done with riding, you can take it off and carry it like a luggage. It also comes with a rain cover. This one's perfect for touring.

Comment

Thank you very much. But I can't find what I am actually looking for. I went to local stoes too but they also show me the same products. 😟😟

Comment

Souradip_Bhattacharya What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for the leather ones by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                              X