Renault Kwid - Noise While Starting the Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault Kwid - Noise While Starting the Car

I have Renault KWID 0.8, bought on 21 June 2016. Nowadays when I start my car the engine make some noise when I start the car for the first time in the day, When the engine gets heated this sound stops. I made a complaint to the dealer, they answered me that all Kwids and Dusters make the noise on first start of the day. Is it really the issue?

Taufikshaikh Can you give more details about the sound? If its a rubbing sound or a whistling sound or something else. That would help us understand better.
    I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Taufikshaikh
      If it is a "click-click-click" tapping noise that comes when you start the engine, this is normal. It's minor tappet noise that happens with aluminium block engines, and this does disappear once the engine warms up. Nothing to be alarmed about.
      Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Arjun
        Hey i also have kwid amt car. After inserting key and on it. My car makes some mild sound from engine. i dont understand y this is.

Comment

Mohd_Yunus_Shah Are you talking about a sound before you start the engine or is it after the engine starts? Before the engine start it maybe the FI system starting up. Get it checked by your SA next time you give it for service, but I think it maybe a regular sound.
          I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Working...
          X