Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirtikumar_Gaikwad
    replied
    My method is, I fill exact 10 liters of petrol just after reserve and note the kms reading. Now I note the kms when bike comes to reserve. Subtract the kms and divide by 10 ltrs. For 40kmpl average bike should travel around 400 kms between that 10ltrs till reserve. Assume I have ridden 5kms after reserve to reach petrol pump. Add that 5kms while calculating.
    Eg:
    16685 kms when I filled 10 ltrs
    17075 kms at reserve
    5kms to reach petrol pump.
    (16685 - 17075) + 5 = 395
    395/10 = 39.5 kmpl

Leave a comment:

• Praveen
    replied
    Originally posted by Virupaksha_Ullagaddi View Post
    Hello, I am using an YAMAHA YBR 110 since July-2010, the bike is giving only 40 km per litre. How to improve the mileage figure?
    I think 40 kmpl for a six year old 110cc bike is quite respectable. How many kilometers have you done? You might have to overhaul the engine if it has racked up more than a lakh kilometers. Ensure you maintain the bike regularly. Also, read the above post for more tips on improving the mileage of your bike.

Leave a comment:

• Virupaksha_Ullagaddi
    replied
    Hello, I am using an YAMAHA YBR 110 since July-2010, the bike is giving only 40 km per litre. How to improve the mileage figure?

Leave a comment:

• JijoMalayil
    replied
    Praveen It's not just a feeling, in my opinion. These 93 octane premium petrol (Speed-BP, Power-HP) makes the engine more refined. Not, quite sure of the increased FE figure though. Certain well refined normal fuels also makes a difference. When in Kerala, we always prefer to fill fuel from either Shell, Relliance or HP.

Leave a comment:

• Roshun
    replied
    Originally posted by Praveen View Post
    Roshun ? I use tank full to reserve to tank full method. What are the other reliable methods to check fuel efficiency?
    The most reliable method to check fuel efficiency is the tankful to tankful method. The reason being, you can check exactly how much fuel was used for the number of kilometres you've ridden. How do you do the tankful to tankful method?
    Step 1: Fill petrol at a reputed petrol pump, right up to the brim (not just up to the auto cut level, as that varies with temperature and pressure).
    Step 2: Ride for about 150-200 km.
    Step 3: Come back to the same pump and fill the tank again to the brim.
    Step 4: Divide the number of Km travelled by the Number of litres of fuel used to fill the tank, up to the exact decimal points (Example: 200 km / 9.25 litres of fuel = 21.62 kmpl)

This is about the most accurate method, as it is not dependent on tank capacity or amount in reserve or anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Praveen
    replied
    I use normal fuel, usually from Indian Oil and I get somewhere between 30-35 kmpl with a pillion in a mix of city and highway riding. My commute is 40 km round trip per day. I get 39-42 kmpl riding alone in the highways between 70-80 kmph. Not bad for a Royal Enfield, don't you think Roshun ? I use tank full to reserve to tank full method. What are the other reliable methods to check fuel efficiency?

Leave a comment:

• Roshun
    replied
    Vishnu_M_Nair
    I have tried using Speed 97 and also Speed 93 in my Classic 500. I think the difference is mainly psychological. I found the engine felt a little smoother, starting was easier. No big difference in fuel efficiency really. It still gives about 29-30 kmpl.

Leave a comment:

• Vishnu_M_Nair
    replied
    Does power or speed petrol make any changes to my classic 350? Or ordinary petrol ?which is advisable

Leave a comment:

• Praveen
    replied
    Roshun I think the use of high octane fuel in a comparatively low compression ratio engine won't make any considerable difference because the high octane fuel does not reach it's full potential in a lower compression ratio engine. I feel it is a 'placebo effect' of sorts because we think anything that is costly must be superior, even though practically, they may not be so. All in all, the effect of a high octane fuel can be fully utilized only in an equally higher compression engine. I haven't used high octane fuel personally, but this is what I learnt in my college.

Leave a comment:

• Roshun
    replied
    Does the addition of premium petrol in bikes from time to time help? I've noticed a considerable difference on my Classic 500, when I've filled Speed 97 (High Octane) petrol on a couple of occasions. It's just a couple of litres, added to regular petrol, but I find the bike is more responsive, starts easier and fuel efficiency actually improved slightly, probably because of the easier combustion and better power. Does that work? The economics of it does not add up though, as high octane fuel is pretty expensive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X