No announcement yet.

Types of Automatic Transmissions on Cars in India

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm merging your post on automated manual transmissions with an existing thread we have on automatic transmissions in India. I think the basic premise of AMTs is that it is cost effective.
    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Where is my written post which I posted and you edited?

Comment

Originally posted by jeetan_sunder View Post
        We are some what confused with automatic transmissions found in the new launches in India. The latest trend is AMT ( Automatic Manual Transmission) gearbox, don't get it confused with the manual gearbox, but it is one with automatic actuator clutch and auto gear shift actuator. The automatic transmission is different with the torque converter box and planetary gear set, which gives low power breakup while driving. The new launches like Suzuki Ignis AMT and Maruti Wagon-R Lxi AMT come with auto gear shift technology which provides fuel efficient driving and fewer power losses.
        Here it is ˆIˆ jeetan_sunder
        Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Roshun
          sir is it good in new ecosport AT clutch pedal shaft , are there will be problem like past 2016 model
          Pl conferm about the ecosport dual clutch vehicle
          Can i buy ecosport AT as I am PH

Comment

[QUOTE_NODE]"Originally posted by sai_chakravarthy" Roshun sir is it good in new Ecosport AT clutch pedal shaft, will there be problem like past 2016 model. Pls confirm about the ecosport dual clutch vehicle Can i buy ecosport AT as I am PH [/QUOTE_NODE] sai_chakravarthy The Ecosport has ditched the old Dual clutch automatic transmission and gone with a conventional torque converter automatic Gearbox in the new facelifted model. The engine is also a new 3 cylinder 1.5-litre unit. This type of slushbox is reliable and has low maintenance costs when compared to earlier dual clutch unit. paddle shifters are also there so you can also control gear changes manually in 'S' mode with steering mounted shift buttons. Regards...
            If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

Working...
            X