No announcement yet.

Convert your Old Petrol or Diesel Car to an Electric Hybrid Legally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimal_George_Thomas yes, it should be possible. I believe the Invader's diesel engine is BS-IV compliant and it's definitely way lesser than 3,500 kilos - so it should be possible. Do you use the Invader for personal or commercial purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by NikilSJ View Post
      Bimal_George_Thomas yes, it should be possible. I believe the Invader's diesel engine is BS-IV compliant and it's definitely way lesser than 3,500 kilos - so it should be possible. Do you use the Invader for personal or commercial purpose?
      My Invader is BS3. I am a planter so I use it for both personal & commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimal_George_Thomas View Post
        My Invader is BS3. I am a planter so I use it for both personal & commercial.
        Converting any old diesel or petrol with this sort of hybrid technology is fairly easy. It involves attaching a starter/generator that looks like an alternator to the side of the engine and connecting it with a small fan belt to the crankshaft pulley. This starter/generator is connected to a higher powered battery. When you start driving off, the starter generator assists the engine with some additional torque provided by the electric motor, which will allow the engine to rev up quicker using less fuel. Once you reach a cruising speed it cuts off allowing the engine to do its work. As you decelerate, it converts the mechanical energy back to electric energy and charges the battery (brake energy regeneration). With the invader, there is more than enough space in the engine bay for this sort of conversion. It can be done. Look up KPIT / Revolo on the net. They provide such kits for about Rs. 70,000
        Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Hi All,
          This is viresh would like to convert my petrol car to electrical , May I know if any body knows the converstion kit avilable in Bangalore
          my mail id vires.sb@gmail.com

Comment

Viresh_Sb Hi Viresh, There is a company named AltiGreen, which offers such a system to convert a petrol or diesel car into a mild hybrid. The installation has now got an ARAI certification and also approved by RTOs. The changes are The system costs around INR 60000 and also adds up a battery pack which may consume some of your car's boot space. As it is a large battery pack, it would not be a great idea to have it on a hatchback where the boot space is already limited. This is a mild hybird system and does not allow plug in charging and depends on regenerative braking. The fuel efficiency gains also would be around 2kmpl. However, your question here is about conversion to pure electric, and unfortunately at this point in time, we do not have any manufacturers offering the same. Considering that this would be a major change, as the entire power train would need a replacement, it would be a better idea to sell the petrol or diesel car and get a electric car instead.
            I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Dear all
              we are retrofitted of electric kits to three wheeler whic is approved by ARAI and we are successfully done. Now we are also trying to install kits to small car which is pure electric and it is possible to do it on any car. But the cost is the concern as the batteries are toooo costly now. Anyone intrested to know more abou this mail me on. umesh@voltaev.in

Comment

Umeshchandra_Basavaraju Can you please share us the details about how this conversion is being done. Post conversion, would you be able to use the car in both electric and IC engine modes, or will it be only electric. Please give us more details how you are changing the power train, and the costs involved.
                I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Praveen
                  yes you are right
                  Running Vehicle on Battery is not the Solution for Green Transport using Green(Pollution free) Energy.
                  But yes this can help you to reduce pollution in air .
                  and to save valuable fuel for upcoming generation
                  To Reuse old Battery = Technology might be use to Convert Waste Battery into Solar panel to generate electricity.
                  we should use a technology which will create energy on demand in controlled manner

Comment

I WANT TO CONVERT MY BACK WHEEL DRIVE CAR TO ELECTRIC HYBRID ON FRONT AXEL WITH SOLAR PANELS ON ROOFTOP ,A DC CONVERTER AND LION BATTERY INSTALLATIONs .
                    ANY SUGGESTIONS MAIL TO sanjaybakshi101@gmail.com

Comment

Rexnamo Electro (of Delhi NCR) has the commercial availability of a complete electric vehicle power system, the "Rexnamo Lite EV Power System," for cars, trucks and utility vehicles with a completed weight under 1130kg / (or 2500 pounds).
                      The system is awaiting approval from the govt. as of Feb 2018. Anyone interested in converting thier vehicles, do message me. Also if this price seems on the higher side then a lower spec kit is also available but it still allows you to own a electric vehicle at a fraction of the cost of buying a brand new EV from a known manufacturer.
                      Priced starts at Rs. 3,50,000 (US$ 5446 )upto Rs. 9,55,313 (US$14,900), the Lite EV Power System enables the conversion of combustion engine vehicles into high performance, clean electric vehicles.
                      For More details www.rexnamo.com

Comment

Arjun
                        Rexnamo is offering complete electric vehicle conversions. Just see their website. There is a EV conversion for each type of vehicle. Be is sedan, SUV, or compact mini.
                        The founder is Ex-Tesla and Ex-Purdue, USA. So you know you will get a great product.

Comment

Working...
                        X