No announcement yet.

Auto Expo 2016: Tata Hexa unveiled, launch soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE_NODE]"Originally posted by NikilSJ" All I am waiting for now is to actually see and feel the fit and finish of the cabin. The one previewed at the Auto Expo wasn't bad, but you an never be sure of the cars that you see at these shows. For the production variant, it can go either way - really good or really low-rent quality of materials used inside. Let's wait and see. [/QUOTE_NODE] I guess we will get to know in 10 days (media preview). After Tiago impressed us in every aspect of it (that too built at a cost) , I don't think Tata will skimp on Hexa's build quality, fit and finish. In fact, that would be one of the USPs of the Hexa along with the features and the attractive price tag. I really hope Hexa will give a tough fight to the Innova Crysta and the Mahindra XUV500.
    if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

JijoMalayil
      Although Tata does not want to talk about it for obvious reasons, the Hexa is still a refurbished Aria, at least as far as the body shell, chassis and engine goes. But Tata has put in a lot of work on this vehicle, and it now looks amazing. The styling is far more appealing now. The Aria should have looked like this in the first place. The tall tail lamps and steeply raked front of the Aria didn't look that great - it somehow looked like an oversized Indica. But the Hexa - now that's a looker! The revised front looks good, subtly keeping Tata's new design philosophy in mind. The rear, with the wrap around horizontal tail lamps and fat chrome strip in between is again nice.
      Now about that chrome strip - NikilSJ wanted to black it out. I think it should stay, because it would be a fantastic deterrant to tailgaters driving with high beam. This would reflect the light straight back at them! The interiors look quite nice now and very upmarket.
      Now if only Tata prices the Hexa right - and by right, I mean, it should try and undercut the Mahindra XUV500 on price, variant for variant. That's the only way it will be able to get the Hexa to move out of showrooms. It's got more power and torque than the XUV500, so the Hexa's performance is likely to be better than the XUV. From initial reports, I hear it drives very nicely, so good job there.
      Tata has been steadily working on its service reputation and hopefully, most buyers will grow to trust the brand again. It's a tough task though. Products like the Tiago are slowly changing perception of the brand now.

Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Here are the technical specifications of the upcoming Tata Hexa. As expected, Hexa is powered by a 2.2 litre Varicor 400 motor which produces 156 PS and 400 Nm of torque. 19-inch rims, I guess Tata is going all out with the Hexa! Image: teambhp.com

Comment

Excellent. The JLR ownership has certainly brought winds of change to TATA cars. The step motherly treatment to Indian models is changing too with most of the car makers. Exhibit A, Toyota Innova Crysta. Tiago was just the start of better quality cars from TATA. HEXA can be sold to European markets without much tinkering and could be the most feature loaded yet affordable(?) mass market car from an Indian manufacturer(Even DC Avanti doesn't have this much kit)[XUV5OO was the previous champ in this department]. 19" wheels and 235/55 stock size???, All 4 disc brakes, capable 400nm motor, 6 speed autobox/manual, AWD and 200mm GC, Terrain response , Looks good too(overdone chrome?, yes but seems to be the case with most cars nowadays. New Fortuner, Pajero, Crysta, vcross all point to the same fact). I just love it and sincerely hope it does well in the market.

Valid Concern - More electronics usually mean more trouble especially since its a new car and a TATA one. But let's just think positively for now. Fingers crossed.
          If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

Tata officials have now confirmed that the Hexa will be launched only in January 2017 in India. This news comes in the backdrop of the media preview scheduled for the 3rd week of October. Why this delay then? It looks like Tata wants to collect feedbacks from media guys and improve the Hexa even further. But, isn't it been too long a wait for the Hexa to finally be launched? Remember Hexa was showcased as a near production ready variant at the Delhi Auto Expo in January this year. Tata is taking its own sweet time to launch new products in India, and this may prove to be a very bad move.

Comment

[QUOTE_NODE]"Originally posted by JijoMalayil" Remember Hexa was showcased as a near production ready variant at the Delhi Auto Expo in January this year. Tata is taking its own sweet time to launch new products in India, and this may prove to be a very bad move. [/QUOTE_NODE] I don't think so. I think this is a very smart move by Tata. Yes, the Hexa was showcased in near production form at the Expo and we have seen countless test mules on the Pune-Mumbai highway too. The media drive is a good platform for Tata to get valuable feedback from experienced journalists from across the country. If at all, it only shows how serious Tata is becoming with every new launch. They really want the new models to do better than the older ones and looks like they are close to achieving their target of making a car that meets global standards. Let's just hope the Hexa passes the media test with flying colours for the benefit of Tata!

Comment

More Information on the HEXA surface on Team-BHP. Quoting directly from the website.
                Recent insider information about the upcoming Tata SUV reveals many details about its placement and feature list. Please note that these aren't official revelations, and thus there is scope for some changes in the final feature list. • Tata Hexa will come in 5 manual (XE 4x2, XM 4x2, XM 4x4, XT 4x2, XT 4x4) and 4 automatic variants (XMA 4x2, XMA 4x4, XTA 4x2, XTA 4x4) • All variants will have the 154 BHP power output figure • Entry-level XE trim will have a 5-speed transmission, while all other variants get 6-speed transmissions (manual and automatic) • The automatic gearbox is codenamed "G6450"; G=Gear box, 6=number of gears, and 450=maximum handling torque in Nm • The automatic transmission is a torque converter unit, and follows the P-R-N-D-(+)M/S(-) shift pattern. It weighs 90 kgs and costs Rs. 7 lakhs • If the AT is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Replacing it is the only option • XT and XTA variants will come with 6 airbags, while the lower XM & XE variants will have 2 airbags • ABS is standard across the range • XT trim will also get electronic stability programme (ESP) • Added safety equipment on offer includes EBD (Electronic Brake-Force Distribution), VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control), ROM (Roll-Over Mitigation, with ESP), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), HHC/HDC (Hill Hold Control/Hill Descent Control) & TCS (Traction Control System) • Hill Hold Control (HHC) stays activated for 3 seconds, after which you need to apply the brakes/handbrake • XM and XT variants will get a 10-speaker (6 normal speakers and 4 tweeters) sound system • The instrument cluster and infotainment system on the XM and XT trim levels will support voice-activated commands • Instrument cluster will have different coloured zone display for fuel level - Green, Orange & Red. It will also showcase the Distance to Empty (DTE) reading • The Hexa will get flippy, foldable keys • Higher variants will get 19-inch alloy wheels • 1st Free Service at 3 months/5,000 kms, whichever is earlier 2nd Free Service at 6 months/10,000 kms, whichever is earlier 3rd Free Service at 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever is earlier • Subsequent paid service intervals - 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever comes earlier • Tata will be offering a 3 years/1,50,000 km standard warranty for the Hexa The Hexa will be marketed under the tagline 'Confident Luxury'. Though pricing still isn't finalized, speculations suggest a placement in the range of Rs. 11 lakh - Rs. 18 lakh.

Comment

The automatic gearbox is codenamed "G6450"; G=Gear box, 6=number of gears, and 450=maximum handling torque in Nm

So the gearbox can handle 450 Nm max torque. Excellent scope for future power bumps. 2.2L engine already has 40 Nm more torque than the '2.8L' engine of the Innova crysta.

• The automatic transmission is a torque converter unit, and follows the P-R-N-D-(+)M/S(-) shift pattern. It weighs 90 kgs and costs Rs. 7 lakhs • If the AT is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Replacing it is the only option

That is not very encouraging but since we are used to the DQ200 DSG box, bring it on. I hope TATA offers extended warranty to ensure peace of mind for the customers and stay true to the 'Confident Luxury' tagline. a bill worth 7 lakh is not something you would want to spent for a TATA car repair.

•Instrument cluster will have different coloured zone display for fuel level - Green, Orange & Red. It will also showcase the Distance to Empty (DTE) reading
                  Seems like hangover from the Aria day's. The ARIA had a colour zoned RPM meter which looked toyish and totally out of place in a premium priced vehicle then.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	8987

It will look more relevant for the Fuel level, I agree. but it was not necessary. Reserving my judgement until the official instrument panel pic is released.

• 1st Free Service at 3 months/5,000 kms, whichever is earlier 2nd Free Service at 6 months/10,000 kms, whichever is earlier 3rd Free Service at 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever is earlier • Subsequent paid service intervals - 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever comes earlier

20,000 km is a bit too long considering indian conditions. good for cabbies though

Comment

The media preview/drive for the Tata Hexa has begun in Hyderabad and here are a few more facts that have been revealed about the Hexa.

Name:	Tata_hexa-infographic_Exteriors.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	9042
                    Your smartphone can be doubled up as a remote control for mood lighting and the infotainment system. The sound system is 10-speaker JBL unit which Tata claims that 1000 hours have gone into custom tunning it. Hexa was tested over 8 lakh kilometres across Europe, Asia and Australia where the temperatures varied from -20 to 50-degree celsius.

Name:	Tata_hexa-Interiors.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	9043
                    The Hexa Automatic has a Race Car sensing function that adjusts gear shifts to ensure the engine stays in the 3000-4000 rpm band. Hexa carries a kerb weight of 2280 kilos and has a ground clearance of 200 mm. The fuel tank capacity is 60 litres. 6-speed Auto gets two driving modes- Eco & Sport. The 6-speed Manual gets four- Comfort, Dynamic, Rough Road & Auto.

Name:	Tata_hexa-infographic_Engine.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	9044
                    Hexa comes with all-black interiors and is offered in 6/7/8 seat configurations. Bookings open from 1st of November and will be launched in January 2017. Quite impressive, If priced in the expected Rs 12-18 lakh mark, it would be a great VFM product.

Comment

Indian auto blog has reported that a new micro site for the upcoming Tata Hexa is live now. It also further states that the new website allows interested customers, to enter their personal details so that they can be intimated upon the car's launch as well as for requesting a test drive upon the car's launch. But i searched for the micro site, but unable to find it. If anyone finds it, it would be helpful if you post a link of it here. Image: IAB.

Comment

If the Cartoq article is to be trusted, the Hexa will be priced below the Innova Crysta and XUV, thereby giving it an edge. The Hexa is going to sell around Rs. 17.49 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end XT 4×4 MT variant and INR 17.44 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end automatic variant, the XTA 4×2 AT. Both, AT and MT variants will feature a 6-speed boxes, which could be the game changer for Tata. Arvind Fluidic, the website link is this - "http://hexa.tatamotors.com/" Also, prospective customers can give a missed call on to 8306688282 and drop in their details.
                        No traction, more action!

Comment

Originally posted by Arvind Fluidic View Post
                          Indian auto blog has reported that a new micro site for the upcoming Tata Hexa is live now. It also further states that the new website allows interested customers, to enter their personal details so that they can be intimated upon the car's launch as well as for requesting a test drive upon the car's launch.

But i searched for the micro site, but unable to find it. If anyone finds it, it would be helpful if you post a link of it here. Image: IAB.
                          HEXA microsite is now live - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/

Name:	TATA.jpg
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	9041

Comment

[QUOTE_NODE]"Originally posted by JOY MRC" HEXA microsite is now live - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/ [/QUOTE_NODE] I somehow really like the way the Hexa has turned out, especially if you look at it's precursor. This blue color really looks appealing, I'm loving it. Hope it looks just as good in person. Roshun who from Zigwheels is at the #HexaExperience drive today?

Comment

Kaiserketkar, I think Abhay is at the Hyderabad drive and so is Karthikeya Singhee who recently joined our company after quitting Autocar

Comment

[QUOTE_NODE]"Originally posted by kaiserketkar" I somehow really like the way the Hexa has turned out, especially if you look at it's precursor. This blue color really looks appealing, I'm loving it. Hope it looks just as good in person. Roshun who from Zigwheels is at the #HexaExperience drive today? [/QUOTE_NODE] Yes, I saw it at the Expo and it looked really good in the flesh. However, the 5-inch touchscreen is a bit too small for an SUV this size. I really liked the effort Tata has put in to make the Hexa's interior premium. It looks way better than the Aria for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X