No announcement yet.

Auto Expo 2016: Tata Hexa unveiled, launch soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because it is TATA people would not invest hard earned money on HEXA. They have to fight it out with INNOVA and XUV500. If they want to survive the tide they have to swim opposite the tide and prove to the Indian public that they are best.

Comment

We have got information from reliable sources that the testing for the HEXA is 90% complete, and the car is just going in for the final homologation tests.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1450159770_tata-hexa-crossover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	3275

If industry sources are to be believed, the HEXA will go into production by the beginning of May and the launch is kept tentatively for 15th August.

Name:	4081_Tata-Hexa-Spied-at-ARAI-Pune-18.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3276
      No traction, more action!

Comment

Here's a spec comparison of the Tata Hexa vs the upcoming Toyota Innova

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 2.02.58 PM.png
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	3766

Comment

Here's a walkaround video of the Tata Hexa done by Zigwheels and CarDekho

Comment

Originally posted by NikilSJ View Post
            Here's a spec comparison of the Tata Hexa vs the upcoming Toyota Innova
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n7878[/ATTACH]

While it looks great on paper, all these figures won't count for squat when it comes to the customers who're out to buy a car in that price range. Ask them which he would prefer, and most would blindly say Toyota. Even at a price premium and spec deficit.
            That's how the Innova has rolled all these years and in all likelihood will continue to roll in the years to come.

Comment

kaiserketkar yes. You've just spelled out the Hexa's fate in just one post

Comment

Well, I still hope against hope that this is not the case.
                And although it may not dent the Innova's sales, and my guess is it won't really make a difference to the XUV500 either- if priced below the XUV500, it might still be able to make it's own mark.
                But then again... if priced below the XUV500, it'll fall smack in the Storme's territory!
                Will it?..... Won't it?.... ???!?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserketkar View Post

Well, I still hope against hope that this is not the case.
                  And although it may not dent the Innova's sales, and my guess is it won't really make a difference to the XUV500 either- if priced below the XUV500, it might still be able to make it's own mark.
                  But then again... if priced below the XUV500, it'll fall smack in the Storme's territory!
                  Will it?..... Won't it?.... ???!?
                  Tata will hopefully have learned a few things from the follies of the Aria. My guess is pricing would be slightly below that of the Mahindra XUV500 - going by what Tata has been doing with recent launches like the Tiago and Zest. Not the Bolt, which somehow hasn't caught on that well. I don't think Tata would have an issue of the Hexa and Storme being similarly priced, going by how Mahindra has priced the XUV500 and the Scorpio - with quite some overlap. The target buyer for both is likely to be different. That said - there's a significant difference between the XUV500 and Hexa. The former is a monocoque, primarily front-wheel drive, while the latter is a ladder-on-frame, primarily rear-wheel drive. As for a comparison with the Innova - well, it's a Tata Hexa (Six-seater), as against the Innova which is a 7 / 8 seater.
                  Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Roshun View Post
                    I don't think Tata would have an issue of the Hexa and Storme being similarly priced, going by how Mahindra has priced the XUV500 and the Scorpio - with quite some overlap. The target buyer for both is likely to be different. That said - there's a significant difference between the XUV500 and Hexa. The former is a monocoque, primarily front-wheel drive, while the latter is a ladder-on-frame, primarily rear-wheel drive. As for a comparison with the Innova - well, it's a Tata Hexa (Six-seater), as against the Innova which is a 7 / 8 seater.
                    My point exactly.
                    Both Hexa and Storme are ladder-frame chassis based vehicles [same chassis, I might add], both have similar mechanicals, and now with the Aria's transformation into the Hexa, both have SUV styling along with [possibly] 4x4. The similarities are too many. With the XUV500 and the Scorpio, both are completely different vehicles and there is a partial overlap, with the S8 &S10 variants overlapping the W4 & W6].

Which means that the prospective customer has a much more refined Hexa in the same price bracket and out of the same showroom as the Storme. Only Safari loyalists will find some justification to buy the Storme.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserketkar View Post
                      Which means that the prospective customer has a much more refined Hexa in the same price bracket and out of the same showroom as the Storme. Only Safari loyalists will find some justification to buy the Storme.
                      A Tata SUV buyer looking for a 4x4 will still pick the Storme, since the Storme has a low-range 4WD gearbox, which will be good for proper off-roading. It also has better approach / departure angles which can tackle bad roads better. The Hexa will come with an on-demand all-wheel drive system, which is decent for like snowed out roads, some sand-trail driving, but not hard-core off-roading. Plus the overhangs are quite large, so it won't be as capable off-road. Storme is a 7-seater with side facing jump seats in the rear, which aren't comfortable. Hexa is a genuine 6-seater, with three comfortable rows. So I think, that those who were probably looking at the 4x2 Storme, will now definitely look at the Hexa instead. The only way Tata can prevent that cannibalization happening is to keep a significant price gap between the Storme 4x2 and Hexa 4x2 variants - which would mean a steeper price tag, and possibly making it more expensive than the rival Mahindra XUV500. Oh, the dilemma! I'd hate being in the Tata product planner's shoes right now.
                      Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

I strongly feel, Tata should go for a price cut for the Storme to bring it into the Scorpio territory, making it better VFM. This will leave the Storme's current price bracket to the Hexa which makes it great VFM also!

Comment

kaiserketkar I've always felt the Safari was a bit overpriced when compared to a similarly specced Scorpio. Yes, Tata should give it a price cut if it wants the Hexa to do well. From the looks of it, the Hexa looks like it's a much better product than the Safari Storme anyway.

Comment

kaiserketkar Roshun JOY MRC So I was just munching on some dosas when I met this PR guy from Tata. So he confirmed that the Hexa would indeed be priced above the Safari Storme and will go head-to-head with Mahindra's XUV 500. However, he was mum when I asked him if the Safari Storme would get a price cut. This could mean that the Hexa would be priced slightly more than the XUV 500. But that move would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.
                            He also said that the Hexa would be launched in the next quarter and just before Diwali. This could mean that the Kite 5 compact sedan could be launched during the festive run as that is generally the time when people go berserk buying cars. The Nexon, he said, would come only 2017 Q1. So expect the compact crossover to be launched around this time next year.

Comment

This could mean that the Hexa would be priced slightly more than the XUV 500. But that move would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.
                              He also said that the Hexa would be launched in the next quarter and just before Diwali.
                              hmmm... If they really do that, it'd totally defeat the purpose! I was hoping Tata would carry forward its pricing strategy after the Tiago.

The Nexon, he said, would come only 2017 Q1. So expect the compact crossover to be launched around this time next year.
                              The Nexon is one car to watch out for. It has the potential to do for the compact SUV segment what the Tiago is slated to do for the hatches. I just wish Tata had launched it sooner!

Comment

kaiserketkar it's like how Roshun keeps saying time and time again that Tata is always late to the party. Wonder why they do that. The ideal time to launch the Nexon would be right now when the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport are battling out for top honours in the compact SUV segment. Also, just yesterday I read this report on Indian Autos Blog quoting Tata's vice-president of sales and network, S N Barman, saying that the introductory prices of the Tata Tiago are very difficult to maintain in the long term and would have to go sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X