No announcement yet.

Ford EcoSport (Petrol) - very. very poor mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gautam _67 ARAI measurements are taken under very stable, controlled conditions that are not really reflective of real world driving conditions in most places in India.

Comment

mario Hi poor fuel economy and petrol prices are a bad combination for the wallet indeed. since the entire service center attitude is listed by you and many have commented on same, I am not going to. but just try these small things to see if your mileage improves. 1)Source a can of Iftex System-'G'(system-D is for diesel so be careful) and pour along with petrol @1ml per liter of petrol, since you are trying it for the first time you can be liberal with the dosage(pour it before filling up so that it mixes well with fuel). It works. I used to purchase it from rogermotors.com but now they have stopped selling in single packs and only give in bulk(10nos). so have to source one locally(available in some pumps). 2)Replace the Airfilter(you can do this yourself after buying the spare or any mechanic can do it in minutes) 3)check the tyre pressure and keep it in recommended levels 4)fill petrol from a reputed pump(govt monitored like supplyco if possible) Try these tips and Im sure you can get a small bump in FE as much as 2-3kpl. if it is working, keep using system g till you finish 2 bottles and then stop for a while. Keep us posted. Regards...
      If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

JOY MRC Many thanks for your suggestions. 1. I should try Iftex System G, even though it is something more meant for ageing cars that would have built up deposits in its engine system. My car is not even 1000 km old, so its fuel system and engine would be pretty clean. 2. Same with the air filter. It was last cleaned at that problem visit which the dealer converted into a first service. 4. Tyre pressure - I check and maintain it every week. 5. Petrol - yes, I fill from a reputed pump, and I go to the same one every time so that the mileage measurement efforts are controlled. All these points are good ones, but they are more like little measures I as a customer must put cost, attention and effort into to increase the mileage a tiny bit when the car itself has a significant issue that Ford is not willing to own up to. Unless there are more people with better experiences I would say that the Ford Ecosport petrol version is not suited to mileage-conscious buyers like myself.

Comment

Mario
          It might be because of small nd heavier steel tire, i have a 1.5 p titanium trim, it happily delivers me around 14kmpl, i have achieved a highest mileage of 15.5, according to the trip computer, i think lighter alloys paired with nitrogen can really bost the mileage

Comment

Mario Mario The mileage figure you have quoted is not unusual and not bad either , I am familiar with a similar capacity 1.6 petrol engine in a verna and the figures werent that very different, a 1.5 petrol engine in a relatively heavy car will lead to such fuel consumption figures in heavy city traffic. If the car is in top shape by all means, you maybe able to stretch it by another KM or two in the city traffic with AC, not by a lot.

Comment

Dear, you did a wrong thing. As per the protocol,the testing costs are beared by the company.Its company's responsibility. My cousin also did it with ford and they found themselves guilty that car have some problem. The informed us that they will soon rectify it and resolve it they also 1200 per can charges for offices we feel shy to speak until unless we don't raise nothing will be change

Comment

Mario
                now what milage is u r car giving

Comment

Mario
                  This is pretty much the standard mileage in city conditions. I own the petrol version and I have done the full tank to full tank test. Driving in Delhi the best mileage I got was 9 km/lt.
                  I spoke to the engineer at the service station. He was categorical. The Ecosport petrol version, would not give a better mileage than this in city conditions.
                  We are retired civil servants and our usage is around 300 kms a month. So I did not pursue the matter further. If you have been more successful than me, can you please let me know? My mail id is jpmurty@yahoo.com.
                  Best. JP Murty

Comment

Jp_Murty
                    Hi Murty,

I recently purchased the 1.5 L petrol Manual one, and I'm too encountering the same problem of mileage which u guys are facing
                    the Mileage is not above 8.5 KM
                    I have tested the above twice & got the same result !

Comment

Dipin_sambhyal
                      in 2 months 1000kms and avg is 9kmpl, 1.5 petrol Titanium EcoSport

Comment

I owns a Ecosport Ecoboost which is around 1.2 years old now. I gets mileage of around 14kmpl in city & I have clocked 17kmpl on highway. I takes care of pedal I am pressing to achieve good FE

Comment

Working...
                        X