Fizzy's love got divided: Story Coming Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fizzy's love got divided: Story Coming Soon

Hi all this is Ronny after a long hectic busy schedule. You all might have read my ownership review & stories of me & Fizzy, her problems, her reviews, her solutions, her makeup & pretty much everything. Now the situation has come that Divides my Love for Fizzy as my better half. Her love has to be shared with someone more. Stay tuned for my latest Acquisition...
    Also see:
    https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...obbling-issues
    https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...w-tyre-options
    https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...queaking-noise
    https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/posts/10583-experience-with-world-of-service-noida-63

Attached Files
    Full Sweep

Ronny
    Waiting to see which other beauty has managed to take your attention away from your Fizzy. Do you want us to guess which one? How about dropping some clues :-)
    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Aprilia SR 150
      Hi to all, sorry for delaying my post a day more than actual. I was supposed to update the thread on thursday but my unforgiving work didn't allowed me. Since it was diwali week busy schedule was expected whether it is cleaning, shopping, gifts distribution, parties & much more. Moreover i have just shifted to my new job & it dosen't allow me to access zigwheels forum or any other sites apart from work related websites. Enough of my busy boring schedule, let me start for what i have created this post. So finally the day has come & i am quite excited to end the suspense of the thread. Due to unforgivng traffic in Delhi NCR i was planning to go for a 2 wheeler from a long time but couldn't make a rigid decision as my earlier job was a mere 13 kms from my home. Though i could travel that much distance with my car but still it was traffic that was wasting my too much time. Moreover my father is regularly found on the passenger seat everyday so as a duty I have to drop him to his office & than move to mine. This double attack traffic just wasted quite a lot of time & eatup approx. 1 hour. My actual travelling time to both the office is just 30 mins & it takes double the time when there is moderate traffic. So the after discussing from Supreme Court (Parents), the plan was straight away rejected as according to them a 2 wheeler is always unsafe & due to some errand drivers on road the risk factor multiplies. I explained politely to all the nowdays all the bikes have ABS which is a life saver feature. After a lot of discussion & argument the plan was finalised that we are buying a 2 wheeler. Now the another chapter starts.... Initial midset was to have a bike which is light in weight, should not be too powerful as i was yet to taste fun driving on a 2 wheeler, should have decent look not a commuter bike look & the on the top of it, it should have ABS optional or Standard. So quickly all the bikes list with ABS feature was made & another discussion started. What to buy? The maximum vote goes to Apache 200V followed by Pulsar RS200. I was also more inclined to Apache 200V as the confusing looks of pulsar was not of my type. Apache looked toned down compared to Pulsar which some how was liking to me. The next phase began to have a look at power specs, gross weight & reliabilty. It was found that all the bikes in ABS category are mostly over powered & have excess gross weight for me. For my Physical Rig i was clear that the vehicle should be light in weight & should be wasy to handle in every traffic. Surprisingly father came with another idea of why not to have a look at scooter market. Here goes the another chapter & bike chapter was closed.... The biggest mistake of every manufacturer in scooter segment is that none of them wants to offer ABS in there product. I know it increases the cost but if we have 1% customers who want ABS why not to make on Made to order basis. Before making the option list Activa was straight away declined. I know i may sound funny but that's the truth. Every third 2 wheeler sold is a Activa & 60% of the 2 wheelers on the road are found Activa which are too much common & hence rejected. I would have picked aviator because of disc brakes but was given lower number in the order. Another contenders came as Jupiter & Gusto 125. Gusto seemed new into the market with a newly developed engine. So the reliability of the motor was in question, hence gusto was dropped down the order. I was following Aprilia launch from a long time but skipped the launch news & specs news due to busy schedule. After the research found Aprilia is on sale with a mesmerising price of 67000 ex showroom Delhi, immediately Aprilia was added to the option list. The top choices of Scooter came as Aprilia SR150 & TVS Jupiter & Gusto 125. I had some experience with Activa & new the technicalities of 110 CC motor. 110 CC motor was felt low on straight roads so the same philosphy was applied to TVS jupiter having 110 CC motor. The list of finaled to Aprilia SR150 & Gusto 125. Quickly called up the respective showrooms & booked a Test drive. The showroom to welcome us was Bhawani Auto, Jagatpuri for Aprilia SR150. He also had Vespa series coupled with 2 Aprilia SR150 on display so the comparison between 2 products was easy. Bhawani auto is also the representative of UM Motorcycles India having Renegade S, Renegade Sport & Commando on display. I must say that Aprilia did look good in personal than the photos. A short test drive was given & the details were registerd. Moved to Mahindra showroom & registered for TD for Gusto125. Surprisingly a long queue was already present for Gusto TD. So dropped the waiting & arranged 110 Gusto TD. Scooter was good in performance, was feature loaded with adjustable seats & had different styling too than the familiar scooters on the road. Aprilia looks was still on mind & the 150cc motor had a major impact on mind. After a lot of debate & discussion plan was finalised made for Aprilia SR150. It was a heart over mind decision. Another story began of booking process. I was came to my notice that most of the dealers were not ready to deliver the vehicle before Diwali & replied that Sir it has a huge 1 month waiting. Booking was to be made on 23 Oct 2016. Finally returned back to Bhawani auto & with a big smile on his face he replied that "we know the vehicle has huge waiting so we had already arranged extra scooters for Dhanteras so the quick delivery was possible. Immediately the token amount of 5000 was paid in cash for the Matte Black color & the delivery option was available for any day, even today, to which i replied that i would take delivery on 25 Oct, Tuesday. Enough of boring text, let the pictures do the talking ahead White Color Option, notice the beefier rubber wrapped in 120 section Vee bee rubber The Rear (has a look of a bike) The side profile The Tachometer Aprila name proudly sitting in between Italian flag My obvious choice of color over white. (SA getting the vehicle ready for delivery). I was continuosly available in workshop for inspecting everything. Checking exhaust node, Electricals, wheels. Checking underside The engine area. Don't miss the Air Filter & Aprilia embedded on engine just beneath the kick. Opening cover for Final idle RPM setting. RPM Adjusted to 740 RPM. External portable Tachometer was attached. The Key. Leather seat zoomed in Scooter ready for Delivery. Notice the 14" wheels standing behind is a Vespa with 12" wheels. Key attached The instruction manual Those who want to decode Engine number VIN Decoding method Official leather cover for keeping manual. The invoice. Scooter didn't came with Side stand & saree guard & was mandatory for every vehicle & was chargeable for approx. INR 1000.
      Last edited by Ronny; 29-10-16, 10:04 PM.
      Full Sweep

Comment

Ronny
        Hey Ronny, great to see this post on the Aprilia SR150. This little scooter is arousing a lot of curiousity and does come as a breath of fresh air among all the Hondas, Suzukis and TVS scooters.
        Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Ronny Good to know that you've bought something interesting. Looking forward to a long-term review as only then we'd all know how good the Scooter really is. If it doesn't have enough legroom, then I really wonder how those leggy lasses managed to sit during the expo. No wonder they were sitting like this! On a serious note, the scooter did come with a center stand, right? Only the side stand was optional, right? By the way, does it get an under-seat USB port? I heard that's being offered as an option.
          Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Praveen No the center stand & saree guard is a mandatory accessory over and above the OTR price. This has been done not to spruce up the advertised cost of 65000 ex showroom. Talking about under seat USB port so its a big NO. You only have provision to install the charging socket to battery that you had to purchase seperately. Since it was not available at the time of delivery so couldn't tell much about the price of charger. Space is definitely an issue for this scooter as u can't fit a full size helmet under the seat & as mentioned tall heavily build rigs would find themselves uncomfortable in that short footwell. Pillion seat is Not India Friendly. Though aprila had though of offering saree guard for this scooter but totally missed footboard for rear pillion. To all saree wearing ladies you won't be able to sit as pillion unless to dress something western. Regards
            Full Sweep

Comment

Working...
            X