Maruti Vitara Brezza vs the competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JijoMalayil View Post
    Take a look at the prices of Viatra Breeza accessories.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n7235[/ATTACH]

Glamour Kit ?? The Alloy wheel pricing looks VFM for a genuine accessory,overall pricing is not as preposterous as usually things go with other manufacturers (READ DC/Mahindra Accessories)
    If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

Here is a very interesting comparison between the Vitara Brezza, Hyundai i20 Active and the Honda City. All from different segments, but similarly priced!

if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

Priced differently, take a look at this comparison by Cardekho- Vitara Brezza vs Hyundai Creta.

Comment

Launched on March 8th, Vitara Brezza recorded sales of 5,563 units, while the Ford EcoSport recorded sales of 4,456 units. That is good 1100 unit margin over its rival! These sales figure are for the month of March.

Comment

I agree the sales for the Ecosport is lesser as compared to the Brezza, but it looks like the sales for Ecosport has improved as compared to last month. The reason here would be the price cut.
            Compared to 2638 units sold last month, in the month of March , Ford has sold 4456 units of the Ecosport, which is more than 60% increase in monthly sale. It is higher even comparing it to the sales for Ecosport in the month of March 2015.
            So, for Ford, this is a good news, that even after its launch, the Brezza was not able to eat into its market.Similarly, the Duster has also reported a better sales figure as compared to last month thanks to the new Duster. However, as compared to the sales last year in the same month, Duster sales has come down a lot.
            Other SUVs like TUV300 and Hyundai Creta also have not lost sales.

Now in terms of losing numbers, it is Baleno who has recorded a fall in its sales, and I believe it can be as people may be converting their booking for the Brezza.

I don't think selling more than the Brezza was what Ecosport aimed.
            The Brezza has managed to pull people from Hatchbacks and also has widened the compact SUV segment.
            Also, as most of the cars dispatched in March, would be bookings done before the launch of the Brezza. It would be the sales for the month of April which may give us a better picture about Brezza's impact on the market.
            I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

CorsaVeloce, konarktyagi and I just took a Vitara Brezza ZDI+ for a short drive. First impressions, the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine (badged DDiS in the Maruti) is a delight on the Brezza. Maruti has tuned the Brezza so well that it feels slightly sporty as compared to other Maruti cars. Turbo lag is still present, but it feels much more contained when compared to the Swift, Baleno, Ciaz and S-Cross 200 DDiS. The suspension is stiffer than the S-Cross but this stiffness bodes well for highway driving where the Brezza feels planted. Body roll is minimal to boot. However, I found the rear to be a bit uncomfortable on slower sections of broken roads with the Brezza hopping about like a mad rabbit. The Brezza feels like a much better handler on the highway when compared to the EcoSport but the Ford feels way better in traffic conditions inside the city.

On the inside, the Brezza feels a lot more spacious than the EcoSport but carrying five onboard will still be a squeeze. The rear legroom is one of the best in class but the bench lacks under-thigh support and the seatback could have done with better bolstering. A central armrest is offered on the ZDI trim. The front seats, on the other hand, are good with enough lumbar support. Thigh support was good for someone my height (5'5) but for a taller person like konarktyagi , it could have been better. Like all Maruti's, the interior doesn't fell all that special with plastic quality being sub-par when compared to the EcoSport. The Brezza shares a lot of equipment with other Maruti cars like the Ciaz and the S-Cross like the power window switches (borrowed from the Swift actually), lamps and sunglass holders (Ciaz and S-Cross) and HVAC unit too. However, the saving grace is the large touchscreen infotainment system which the EcoSport lacks. But that is one thing I don't really mind as I am against touchscreen units on cars as I feel it is a source of distraction in this day and age where everyone is glued to their smartphone even while having dinner :x Also, I find Ford's Sync system's Emergency Assist System a boon in a country like ours where half the drivers are lunatics with no road sense whatsoever. One factor where I think Maruti could have done a better job was the addition of rear AC vents (come on, even the Ciaz has one). If the Brezza had come with the rear AC vents and a much suppler rear suspension, then I'd gladly recommend it to anyone who wants a compact SUV but wants to be chauffeur driven.

The mods will soon be pitting the Brezza against the EcoSport 1.5 TDCi, so watch out for this space for a proper comparison and review of the most sought after cars in the market.

Comment

Vitara Brezza becomes the largest selling SUV in India in the month of May, if you can call it one 7193 units of Vitara Brezza was sold, Hyunda Creta sales stood at 7057 units. Mahindra vehicles such as the Bolero, Scorpio and KUV100 sold somehwere in between 4000-5000 units. So, what happened to the Ecosport then? Close to 3,000 units. No stopping Vitara Brezza then!

Comment

Perhaps, the first modified Vitara Brezza! This is the one shade in which the black contrast roof makes the vehicle look elegant. Now, to this particular car. Seen are new black grille, blackened headlamps and Land Rover like Vitara badging on the bonnet. Vitara Brezza also sports new cladding on wheel arches while aftermarket tyres with Vossen multi-spoke wheels are also add to overall appeal. Like it?

Comment

The Vitara Brezza lends itself to quite a few customization ideas, half of which Maruti already has. I mean, I really like the dual tone colour on the Brezza - and I'm glad that it comes as original fitment that way. The person who has modified the Brezza above, has done a neat job of getting rid of that excess chrome. However, I just wish he had removed that chrome strip from the side cladding as well. Just matt black and red all around would look fantastic. I still don't get this obsession with chrome that manufacturers have these days. That grille looks pretty neat and a bit Skoda-like if you ask me.
                    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Waiting periods for the Maruti Vitara Brezza compact SUV may come down. According to a report in the Economic Times, Maruti is planning to increase production of the Vitara Brezza to 10,000 units a month, starting July. Initially, Maruti had planned to produce only about 80,000 Vitara Brezza compact SUVs a year, a number it had to soon revise to 100,000 because of the demand.
                      Waiting periods had gone up to nearly 9 months in some cases for the Vitara Brezza. With this revised production figure, Maruti will be able to make about 120,000 cars a year. It still has over 50,000 bookings pending - and it has to deliver Brezzas to these customers.
                      As mentioned elsewhere in the forum, the Brezza is also likely to get a petrol engine later this year. That engine is likely to be the 1-litre BoosterJet (turbo-charged petrol engine) that will also come in the Maruti Baleno RS.

Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Vitara Brezza which is currently the "largest selling SUV" in India has clocked over 95,000 bookings. Maruti Suzuki has managed to sell about 27,000 thousand of them, and the backlog currently stands at 68,000 units. No wonder the waiting period for the same have shot upto 9 months.

Comment

How is the driving experience of the vitara brezza?

Comment

Batong_Perme
                            The Maruti Vitara Brezza feels good to drive. The engine is the tried and tested 1.3 DDis 200 diesel, putting out 90PS of power and 200 Nm of torque. I did find it a bit noisy though, as the sound insulation in the cabin is not that great. You can hear the diesel clatter quite significantly, but its not really a bother. The engine is responsive and turbo-lag is not that bothersome either, and gears are pretty slick. The suspension is slightly on the stiffer side, so it does tend to pitch about a bit at the rear. Yet, it can handle bad roads quite well without the fear of it bottoming out.
                            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Just to add to what Roshun said, the Vitara Brezza is amazingly stable at high speeds and is very confidence inspiring even when taking corners hard Batong_Perme. I think it is because of the stiffer springs.
                              Be nice

Comment

Right after the official announcement of the Baleno crossing 1 lakh milestone in India, It seems Maruti Suzuki has more news to celebrate. This time for their Vitara Brezza. It is currently the top-selling sub 4 meter compact SUV in India. The car has crossed 50,000 sales milestone in wait for it.. 7 months. Launched in March 2016, the Vitara Brezza has been receiving heavy demand due to the country's SUV Craze and have already received over 1 lakh bookings. The trust of people in the Maruti badge and the fact that it is sold through regular Maruti dealerships and not through NEXA(like the Baleno) has helped in garnering more bookings in record time.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	maruti-suzuki-vitara-brezza-blazing-red-with-midnight-black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	8732

However, Fact is that Supply is not happening according to the rising demand. The Vitara Brezza currently comes with a waiting period of 120-150 days(4-5 months), depending on the variants. Maruti has also revealed that a substantial amount of the bookings are for the top end ZDI+ variants with "dual tone" colors. The company is quite literally flooding with heavy backlog of orders and is behind schedule on deliveries of nearly 50,000 Vitara Brezzas out the one lakh bookings received so far.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	MAruti-suzuki-vitara-brezza-unveiled_-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	8733
                                Maruti Suzuki's quick fix is to make the upcoming plant near Hansalpur, Gujarat up to speed as soon as possible. They are planning to start trial productions of the Baleno hatchback from the first quarter of 2017 in this facility. This will bring down the waiting periods of the Baleno and the Vitara Brezza. It will also take away the heavy work pressures off its plants in Gurgaon and Manesar.

Source -auto.ndtv
                                If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

Working...
                                X