Maruti Vitara Brezza vs the competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOY MRC View Post
    NikilSJ To me,and its only my personal opinion,the Brezza looks a little bit too boxy and plain Jane for a brand new product(May be i have still not forgiven Maruti for changing the gorgeous XA Alpha concept to this).
    That boxy design would have worked well if it was on a true blue purpose driven SUV rather than a compact SUV for the urban masses don't you think?

Comment

Roshun Read the review, Cons- Engine response, "acceptable performance" and is comparable to the likes of Swift & Baleno! With 90PS of power and a good power to weigh ratio, I had honestly hoped for better! And the plastic quality inside, why hasn't Maruti worked on that? (Look at Tata). NVH levels is reportedly bad, when you rev the engine above the 3000rpm mark + wind and tyre noise filtering in at descent speeds.
      Last edited by themallustig; 10-03-16, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I don't have any complaints on the boxy part because we've seen more brick like C.SUV's like the TUV300.We have to remember the Ciaz and S-Cross concepts made it similar to what was shown at the Auto expo-14?,Its Just that showing the XA Alpha and saying that we're building it then giving us the Brezza, is like building the Qutub Minar and ending up with the Renmin Ribao building..Yes Offence .

Making a True blue SUV means it's gonna be a lot more expensive(Product Price and R&D),It Should be as abuse friendly as the competitors and less fuel efficient than what Maruti products usually are(Nobody would buy a 1.3 Multijet ~2 Tonne SUV,putting in the 1.6 would kill the S-Cross as that is the one of its USP) and there's always a chance that it may win/fail in the market.Keeping Brezza under 7-11 lakhs with a 24kpl rating,they have played it smart ensuring mass market sales which would get them steady YOY sales.Besides Compact-everything is the way forward.Solves everything(pun intended).I can't wait to see Compact Lorries,Trains,bikes,etc
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bicymple.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2981

If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

So it will all come down to Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, once the former gets launched in a few months time! So we couldn't wait to compare the two with what available information we have. To the looks, and that is what matters the most in India I guess (everybody just loves SUVs) - Small hatches pretending to be crossovers, crossovers pretending to be compact SUVs, compact SUVs pretending be real SUVs! Vitara Brezza and Nexon are basically crossovers, based on hatch-back platforms. So what you get is rugged looks, good ground clearance, a bit more powerful engines and that much extra space inside - makes sense in India!

Tata has been working on its design, performance & build quality for long. Zica/Tiago was the first out of the factory, with an impressive design, more features and better build quality. Nexon being the next, follows the same trend. Let's look how the upcoming Nexon will fair against the recently launched Vitara Brezza.

The styling of the Nexon is fresh,Tata has kept that family look with that "smiling face", aka humanity line! Looks nice, but, does not have that butch and purposeful look of the Vitara Brezza. Brezza gets a detailed chrome grille that joins the two headlamps, sporty bumper and blacked out air-dam. This is complemented by silver skid-plate, helping it look quite butch when compared to the Tata Nexon.

Name:	Nexon vs Brezza.jpg
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	3006

The side profile of the Tata Nexon has those nice character lines, sloping roof and that dual-tone paint job. The raised ground clearance and muscular fenders do look quite purposeful. Vitara Brezza on the other hand, looks plain - the only saving grace is that floating roof effect and squarish wheel arches.

Name:	Nexon vs Brezza side profile.jpg
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	3007

Nexon at the rear sports clear lens tail-lamps and overall design is quite smart to look at. But, i am not too sure about the mis-match of colours! Breeza has played it safe with wraparound tail-lamps (that look a lot like the ones on the S-Cross), thick chrome bar and a sporty rear spoiler, making it look quite good.

Name:	Nexon vs Brezza rear.png
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	3008

The Tata Nexon's interiors are years ahead in terms of overall design, plastic quality and ergonomics. Don't you guys agree? Both cars are matched even when it comes to equipment. Nexon, surprisingly has more space inside, than the Vitara Brezza.

Name:	Nexon vs Brezza interiors.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	3009

Take a look at this spec comparison. More power and torque will definitely make Nexon an exciting car to drive! Tata definitely has a winner here, hope they price it aggressively (maybe undercut the Vitara Brezza, variant by variant). Of course, we will update this with more specs for the Nexon once we fish them out.

Name:	tata-nexon-vs-maruti-brezza-specs.png
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	3010

Last edited by JijoMalayil; 11-03-16, 06:04 PM.
          if everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane.

Comment

The competition strikes back. Ford, seeing the response to the Brezza's pricing, has slashed prices of the Ford EcoSport by between Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,12,000 on the diesel variants. It has also reduced prices of the petrol variant (remember, Brezza still does not offer a petrol option) by about Rs. 75,000 on all petrol variants.
            See the price chart below.

New Ford EcoSport Prices: (ex-showroom, Delhi)
            Variants Ambiente Trend Trend+ Titanium Titanium +
            Powertrain Combination
            1.5L Ti-VCT (Petrol) 668,800 740,900 NA 856,500 NA
            1.5L Ti-VCT (Petrol) AT NA 961,500 NA
            1.0L EcoBoost (Petrol) NA 818,900 NA 945,000
            1.5L TDCi (Diesel) 728,800 800,900 848,900 916,500 975,000
            To compare, here's a quick look at the Maruti Vitara Brezza variants' pricing:
            (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)
            Vitara Brezza LDi: Rs. 6,99,000/-
            Vitara Brezza LDi (O): Rs. 7,12,000/-
            Vitara Brezza VDi: Rs. 7,62,000/-
            Vitara Brezza VDi (O): Rs. 7,76,000/-
            Vitara Brezza ZDi: Rs. 8,55,000/-
            Vitara Brezza ZDi+: Rs. 9,54,000/-
            Vitara Brezza ZDI+: Rs. 9,68,000/-
            (Dual Tone)
            Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Roshun View Post
              The competition strikes back. Ford, seeing the response to the Brezza's pricing, has slashed prices of the Ford EcoSport by between Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,12,0000 on the diesel variants. It has also reduced prices of the petrol variant (remember, Brezza still does not offer a petrol option) by about Rs. 75,000 on all petrol variants.
              See the price chart below:
              We should thank Maruti to force Ford to bring down the prices. Now, we have a great engine, at a much better price. However, Ford should also make safety features as standard across its variants, at least airbags , like it did for the Figo twins.
              I guess that would be coming with the next refresh or update.
              I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Things get real interesting now! A 1.5 litre diesel Titanium+ Ford Ecosport is now similarly priced as the ZDi+ Vitara Brezza! Ecosport sports a 100PS engine, compared to Brezza's 90PS. Ecosport Titanium+ also gets six airbags, ford's sync voice command system among others. Confused?
                Last edited by JijoMalayil; 11-03-16, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roshun View Post
                  The competition strikes back. Ford, seeing the response to the Brezza's pricing, has slashed prices of the Ford EcoSport by between Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,12,000 on the diesel variants. It has also reduced prices of the petrol variant (remember, Brezza still does not offer a petrol option) by about Rs. 75,000 on all petrol variants.
                  See the price chart below.
                  These are Ecosport launch prices!

My reading is that the reason for this is also the fact that >10L cars will be taxed differently. Ford has expectedly brought all the Ecosport variants below the 10L barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserketkar View Post

These are Ecosport launch prices!

My reading is that the reason for this is also the fact that >10L cars will be taxed differently. Ford has expectedly brought all the Ecosport variants below the 10L barrier.
                    Ford has an updated EcoSport coming next year, but it's going to be an interesting battle to watch for. While the Brezza is going to definitely chalk up good numbers, buyers will probably soon tire of the waiting periods, as is the case with the Baleno and the second de facto choice is likely to be the EcoSport.
                    In other news, here's ZigWheel's video review of the Brezza:
                    Drink coffee and drive!

Comment

Record figures! Vitara Breeza achieves bookings of 25,000 units in just two weeks. Bookings officially opened on the 8th of March, the day it was launched.

Comment

It looks like all the action is happening in the compact SUV segment. On one hand Creta is reaching 1 lakh bookings, and then we have another record breaker Brezza already reaching 25k units. Maruti played it well, by keeping Brezza with the Maruti brand instead of the Nexa brand. This made its reach much wider than the limited Nexa network.
                        I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.

Comment

Here is a video of Vitara Brezza vs Ecosport vs TUV300 by CarDekho:

Comment

Originally posted by JijoMalayil View Post
                            Record figures! Vitara Breeza achieves bookings of 25,000 units in just two weeks. Bookings officially opened on the 8th of March, the day it was launched.

Even after this great figures, and maybe long waiting lists, Maruti is not leaving any stone unturned to advertise the Brezza.
                            I received a Brezza poster with today's Times of India.
                            Folded Poster

Name:	IMG_20160328_194625.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	3397

Half Unfolded

Name:	IMG_20160328_194457.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3398

Full Poster

Name:	IMG_20160328_194556.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	3399

Comment

Originally posted by Arjun View Post

Even after this great figures, and maybe long waiting lists, Maruti is not leaving any stone unturned to advertise the Brezza.
                              I received a Brezza poster with today's Times of India.
                              Folded Poster[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7085[/ATTACH]

Half Unfolded

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7086[/ATTACH]

Full Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7087[/ATTACH]

That Blue-white dual shade is starting to grow on me
                              If "Plan - A" didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay Cool...

Comment

Take a look at the prices of Maruti Vitara Brezza accessories. These can be bought directly from the showroom. These would mainly be useful for the LDI / VDI variants, as some of these things are standard on the ZDI / ZDI+ variants.

Name:	Maruti-Vitara-Brezza-official-accessories.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	3528

Image courtesy: rushlane

Comment

Working...
                                X