Don't buy Bajaj V15, number of issues faced

Don't buy Bajaj V15,..

• 16 Apr 2016, 43862 Views

Pawan Yadav

First Gear

Member: 16 Apr, 2016

Total Posts: 1

• 16 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm ( 2 Photos )
Kindly suggest me what should i do legally..... I'd like to mention that I've purchased Bajaj v15 on dt. 28.03.2016 from dealer TCS & sons (Faridabad). Problem faced:- Oil leakage from engine, Noise from engine due to PISTON EXCORIATION, chain set started rattle, shockers have started leaking Very Next day after my purchase I observed that there was problem of oil leakage from engine and then I visited their service center but no serious action taken by them (apart from just clamping the bolts). Then I observed there was different sound from engine as well, and again I took my V15 to service center and mr.sanjay (adviser, +91 8377908776) said it's just a normal sound but it is different then what it should be. Bajaj has really disappointed my eager of buying this bike. My shockers have started leaking, I really don't know whether you people have made "AN INVINCIBLE" or "A PERVERTED" Noise from engine (which I've told adviser Mr. Sanjay) increasing day by day, and I’m sure this noise is due of PISTON EXCORIATION. Its chain set started rattle, I can't believe how a new bike chain start can rattle in just 8 days. If this is the level of their quality standard, I’m sorry and ashamed of myself for being the part of Bajaj Family. I'd like to mention one more issue which I've faced i.e. the Allen bolt you have given for pilot seat cover are just so third class in fact just a day after my purchase the hex socket got wear and now it’s not working. I’ve posted my problem on many sites and I’m suggesting people now to buy it. I’ve also prepared a video which I’m going to post on YouTube as well. So that no one else could bear the pain like I’m facing.

More Photos

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 27 Apr 2016, 4:38 pm
That is really sad to hear. If the problems persists, you are entitled to get the whole parts replaced under warranty. If the dealer refuses to repair it, threaten them that you will take the matter to the consumer court. In order to keep the prices competitive, I guess Bajaj may have skimped on quality! And the engine also is new, built from ground up for this bike. This is not done! Do post your video link here.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 4 May 2016, 1:30 pm ( 1 Photo )
So Bajaj Auto has apparently contacted Pawan Yadav after this complaint and has sorted out his issues with the bike. He has also signed a "satisfaction voucher" saying he is satisfied with the work done. We were emailed a copy of that voucher by the company. Here's the image:
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

In other news, actor Aamir Khan apparently picked up a customized Bajaj V15 which was handed to him by Rajiv Bajaj. More on that in this THREAD.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 4 May 2016, 1:33 pm
Roshun that was a nice and quick response from Bajaj. However, is there anyway to find out what the issue really was and what caused it? Is it possible that other bikes may also have similar issues in case its a manufacturing defect?

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 4 May 2016, 1:36 pm
"Originally posted by Arjun"
Roshun that was a nice and quick response from Bajaj. However, is there anyway to find out what the issue really was and what caused it? Is it possible that other bikes may also have similar issues in case its a manufacturing defect?
I have asked Pawan Yadav to update us on the work carried out on his bike and to let us know what exactly the problem was. Will wait for his reply.

sushant_tag

First Gear

Member: 13 May, 2016

Total Posts: 3

• 13 May 2016, 11:48 pm
I was also looking forward to buying v15, I just love the design. However this thread has made me think about it. I'm also looking forward to Pawan Yadav on the details of the problems rectified by Bajaj.

Shiva_Ggs

First Gear

Member: 17 Nov, 2016

• 17 Nov 2016, 10:54 pm

Arjun
hi Arjun, Yes there are some minor issues like engine oil leakage, Pillion seat being uncomfortable,
So, after a long research, I'm manufacturing pillion seat without modifying anything. for Pics Call me or WhatsApp: 9035350053

Kumara_N

First Gear

Member: 24 Dec, 2016

• 24 Dec 2016, 1:32 pm
Pawan Yadav
I have had one of the worst experience of life with this service centre. I regret taking my bike from this Popular Bajaj Bannerghatta road. I feel like a fool who had
one of his biggest investment in life being turned into nighmare experience.
All the problems with the bike started after going for the first service to Popular Bajaj Service centre.
They (Popular Bajaj Service center, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru) have the worst attitude towards customer. They just want to get rid of customer who are going for the
free service. They give one or the other reasons for not resolving the problem in the bike:
Eg. When washing is not done properly, executive says, everyone is busy so they might have missed to wash the bike properly and it will be done properly in next time
One executive even told me that they do not get anything out of servicing new bikes, so they will try to add other chargeable services to the free services and bill
the same to the customer.
I have been assigned 3 different executives during each one of the 3 free services i have taken my bike for in this service centre. Currently i have given for the 3rd
service.
I was attended by a executive named Lokesh during my first service. When i tried to contact the executive for my 2nd service, I was told that he has left the job. Same
is the case while going for the 3rd service.
This time i was assigned with new executive named Mr.Yogesh (9591044459). He is very new and young. But with lot of attitude issues. During 3rd service (12-12-2017) he said everyproblem will be solved. And billed me Rs. 1133, even though it was 3rd free service. But the main chain sprocket problem still continued, oil leakge started. Later when i went with a complaint on 24-12-2016, he says he will ask the mechanic to check again and
rectify. Secondly, he asked me write down the problem for him when i tried to explain the gear jamming problem because of which i had 2 minor accidents. He called one
more executive to support him that the problem is written by them as "Gear shift hard" and he doesnt consider gear jamming as problem at all.
He doesn't listen to our issues but assumes what he thinks is the problem. When i tried to explain the oil leakage problem, he says its common in bikes and i should
make much of an issue. I had to make my hands dirty by swiping my hands all over the chain cover and main stand to show him the extent of ol leakage problem. Only then
he reluctlantly wrote down the problem. He
Problems faced till now:
1. Gear gets jammed in between 3rd and 4th while riding, without any hint. I even had a 2 small accident due to this. But i can't prove this to Service centre.
2. Regular Oil Leakage from Engine. Recently oil was so spread that all of the parts below engine were added with a coat of it. Even the main stand and chain case were
covered with Oil.
3. Bad vibration and noicy sound in Chain sprocket. One time it was so bad that whole bike was shaking with huge sound and i had to stop the bike immediately in heavy
traffic. I was little scared at that moment while riding.
4. Auto Start was not working for 10minutes or so in the afternoon (I travelled on the bike for 30km in the morning of that day). Happened thrice already.
5. Washing is done only on the dome and exterior parts. No cleaning of the dust under the engine, chain case etc. If i put my hand below the engine, i was able to find
and show enough dust to prove that washing was not done but water was sprayed over the bike for sake of making it look good.
Overall, i feel bad for myself and i made huge mistake in selecting this so called Indian brand/Vikrant metal made bike. My initial wish was that i somehow in small
way should support and promote Indian brand. But i got to know that this sentimental thing of mine is costing me my time, unnecessary hassle with service centre people
and big betrayal of indian brand. I conclude that people (Read Bajaj) cheat/exploit us by playing nationalist sentiment. I suggest all to don't go for this V15 bike and think with your head and not from sentimental heart.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 27 Dec 2016, 4:24 pm
Kumara_N
It is really unfortunate that you had to face so many woes with the bike and the brand itself. You can fill out this customer complaint form by visiting the following address:
http://callcentermanagement.excelloncloud.com/
We'll try to contact Bajaj officials and sort out the issue from our side. Supermod Roshun, what do you think about this issue?

Punith_Baskaran

First Gear

Member: 28 Dec, 2016

Total Posts: 4

• 28 Dec 2016, 6:26 pm
Please beware of the quality issues before buying this bike. I bought the bike because of its shared heritage with the Indian Navy but I am 200% sure that this bike is not worth it. I asked their dealer and they said not to exceed 40kph. The vibrations are severe beyond those speeds. I got a back pain because of this bike's vibrations only. When it comes to performance, this bike is not on par with any other 150cc bike. Please beware that you can never connect with the customer service number. If you don't believe me, check their customer support. I have tried multiple times and sometimes I have waited for more than 30 minutes. The V15 is a totally useless machine. True bike lovers, stay away from this bike and do not get cheated like me.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 29 Dec 2016, 7:55 pm
Punith_Baskaran
That is indeed good feedback for Bajaj. I hope the company takes notice of this and resolves the issue, like it did for the original poster in this thread. The company did manage to fix his bike - he had some oil leaking issues with it.

harshitgarg1601

First Gear

Member: 04 Jan, 2017

• 4 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm
I want to ask if Bajaj V15 is good to buy or should I look for some other bike?

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 5 Jan 2017, 11:35 am
harshitgarg1601@gmail.com Depends on what you're expecting from the bike. The V15 is a decent bike for a budget 150cc commuter. However, certain people have faced some issues which can be read in this thread. Please go through this thread and let us know what you decide.

Shrikanth_Kulal

First Gear

Member: 05 Jan, 2017

• 5 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm
Kumara_N
oil leakages in brand new engines is not acceptable,unless accidental reasons. It's because of engine vibration, due to hard gear shifts and heat produced. A delicate engine .
So it's our fault that we buy what's new in market which look gorgeous and well published without comparing and testing or for reviews like urs. No offence.
Company has invested a lot they say so they pressurise the sales management. They can't help it especially service guys who are prompt will be executed by politics inside management.
But there is solution for everything. Those customers who are not happy buy the product and service, management please provide them a special care as service advisor says all the time when we visit this is the first and new complaint so far , so now there is time and man power for that .
These where the suggestions given buy a local mechanic.
Provide equal priorities for sales and service.

boaz

First Gear

Member: 19 May, 2017

• 19 May 2017, 2:10 am
With great sadness I'd like to state that I have been a victim of the issues faced by V15 . It is a good bike I'd say, but only for looks maybe. Some the major issues are the gear jamming problem which is very dangerous and the mechanics in Dewan Bajaj are unable to solve this issue. The oil leakage is also a common problem in V15. Some of the perks I earned with this bike are, when I'm riding 90kmph and my speedometer displays a 130kmph. These are the persistent problems after getting the bike repaired for a number of times at the authorised service center.
I really wonder, at the choice I made when I bought this "so called" Iconic Bike. At around 8000km a surprising noise baffled me. My V15 issue list increased with my silencer hanging off from the joint, the welding was not up to the mark. The vibrations are no wonder mighty. The service center is not equipped with enough equipments and spare parts. It's been a horrible experience.

mani

First Gear

Member: 28 May, 2017

• 28 May 2017, 3:40 pm
Hi
I am aOwner of V15.As every bike owner i am loved and proud to be part of history.There were few issues with my bike as i see in this blog but fortunately were solved by service centres.But new issues which i am facing after each service is a headache for me.After second service i lost my Seat screws which are used to fix seat covers in.Luckily i bought new screws which was available and now i lost the Groove inside the seat cover(One side)which allows to hold the screws inside.When i contacted one of service center they give a crazy answer that those would be only available with only new seats.Its like asking me to change the bike just because a part is not available.This is insane.Now my seat looks terrible from one side leaving a big hole.I need the Groove set to fix the seat cover.After regular service almost all nuts and bolts are getting loosened.
Manikantan-Manikantan5314@gmail.com

A_Aditya_Sharma

First Gear

Member: 15 Oct, 2017

• 15 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm
I'm a proud owner of V15 since 1 and half years and drove nearly 18K KMs which also includes Hyderabad to Chennai(800KM with just 3 stop overs). yet I do not have any issues with comfort/performance/ physical appreances/ mechanics of it.
Apart from that It is giving a fuel economy of abt 55-60KMPL in city and abt 65KMPL on Highways

Abhishek_Kumar_..

First Gear

Member: 11 Nov, 2017

• 11 Nov 2017, 8:31 pm
I am also having v15 since Apr 16 bought from Deewan Bajaj, Nawada. My bike is having issue of getting switched off automatically anytime. I have complained about it during my 3rd free service, the technician said it is due to the gas formation in fuel tank and I have to open the fuel tank lid everytime it gets off. This is very annoying. Very disappointed from bajaj... My bike number is DL 9S BB 7661.

phaneendra_p

First Gear

Member: 22 Nov, 2017

• 22 Nov 2017, 9:35 pm
Abhishek_Kumar_5
i am experiencing. Same problem even changed battery on suggestion of a mechanic still problem exists . Does it work for you every time when you open the lid and how much time you wait before starting it again .

Subhash_MP

First Gear

Member: 09 Jan, 2018

• 9 Jan 2018, 11:55 pm

Boaz
Hi,
I am from Chennai.
This bike v15 is new version 2017 Dec purchase.
As soon as I bought this bike the issue which I have faced and still facing is Gear slip and very important Gear jamming and second is the fuel reading.. on my 1000kms first service I informed khiviraj Chennai service about the gear slip and jamming issue.. they said after service it is taken care of but I am still facing it and I am scared note to ride this bike as many times while riding I had this issue and would have met with accident... I want to return this bike and take some other bike...
Servings is the fuel reading which is absolutely non sense..I hadn't no words for it.. It is as good as to not have or when consider seeing the fuel reading meter as it always shows wrong reading.. for example, while I am running on reserve the fuel meter shows full tank.. can you imagine this.. Bajaj hats of to you, I mean I cant understand if you want to reduce the cost, it is as good to not put this stupid reading meter on the bike.
But now my serious and very important issue is the GEAR SLIP AND JAMMING..
I DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THIS BIKE AS IT IS RISKY ..
I AM PLANNING FOR CONSUMER COURT AS THE SERVICE CENTER IS OF NO USE TO ME..

Sharath_Pawar

First Gear

Member: 30 Jan, 2018

• 30 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm
Hi am too a Bajaj v15 victim
from the date I bought it I hv issues n issues n issues got fedup with this bike it’s just 1year and 8 months my bike is giving problems like a 5year old cheap bikes
dont know why I became so patriotic that I spent my money on this failed product

Jeevanism

First Gear

Member: 08 Feb, 2018

• 8 Feb 2018, 2:19 pm
I have mixed feeling about BV15. I bought this one on August 2017 and so far now it gave me satisfaction. But after the 3rd free service, which was in January last week of 2018 , bike started to show off issues. I noticed the 1) oil leakage over the engine after a ride, 2) engine got auto acceleration when its on neutral gear, I intimated the service center, and they did some thing, now the engine gets turn off whenever I take hand from acceleration 3) The mileage ; BV15 was giving me nominal 50KMPL until the 3rd service but now it fell down in below 20KMPL or some thing !, I dont know, I put fuel for Rs100 and engine cries for reserve when after 20KMs
I am about to put an official complaint to Bajaj website the funniest part, they are not listing the Dealers name which I bought this bike in the form dropdown ! ( Kallingal Bajaj in Attingal, Trivandrum, Kerala) is the dealer.
Apart from these, I am satisfied with machine, its worth for the money, no need to complain for the build quality etc in a sub-70K price tag commuter segment.

Ashwini_Padhi

First Gear

Member: 10 Feb, 2018

• 10 Feb 2018, 12:05 pm
I'm facing seviour back pain after riding this v15. Is there any solution of it.

Fourth Div