Someone built a Maserati V8-engined bike!

Someone built a Maserati V8-engined bike!

Someone built a Mase..

• 08 Apr 2016, 29727 Views

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 8 Apr 2016, 1:11 pm ( 4 Photos )
There were all sorts of intriguing vehicular contraptions displayed in the 2016 Geneva Auto Show. One of the most ostentatious ones is the Lazareth LM 847 motorcycle. If you feel the name sounds like an aircraft, wait till you see the bike! For starters, the bike is powered by a god-damned four point seven liter V8 from Maserati! The behemoth churns out a staggeringly bonkers 470 hp of power and 620 Nm of torque!! All that power is transmitted by a single speed hydraulic coupler with two final drive chains to the rear wheeels. And yes, it has four wheels. Anchoring is done by a double-disc, 420mm Nissin 8 piston calipers at the front and double disc, 255mm Brembo 4 piston calipers.
Visually, the bike looks like the love child of the Batpod and Dodge Tomahawk. The 'bike' is built on a chassis of carbon-fiber and polyester combination. Weird combination, right? But that has helped in keeping the weight to just around 400 kg! Harleys with a fraction of the power weigh as much or sometimes, even more than this! Lol. The rear cowl is taken from a Ducati. The bike is so beautifully made that you could just spend years ogling, drooling over it. Here are some images:
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Total Posts: 1305

• 8 Apr 2016, 3:52 pm ( 3 Photos , 1 Video)
Damn, that looks brutal!! I think this is one of the few 'vehicles' in the world that I probably would not want to ride.
I would tell the owner - 'Tell me how it was', cause im sure this is a crash-wish!!
Reminds me of another build like this - Aston Martin Engined-Bike. And no, its not a V8. Its a hell-raising V12, made by the owner himself.
Enjoy this treat!
motorot.jpg
Notice how the 17inch wheels look tiny because of the sheer size of that engine!!

5883793712_2779f219a3_b.jpg

V12. BIG AND BOLD.
1291011395_aston-martin-v12-powered-monster-bike-3_i6iqv_3868.jpg

Theres also a video that should watch, and wait for 2:15 for the magic to happen

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 8 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm
CorsaVeloce Damn dude, that is some crazy, crazy stuff!

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 12 Apr 2016, 10:59 am ( 1 Video)
CorsaVeloce Check out the engine sound of the LM 847 by Selleriecimes:

It is so refined that it is almost symphonic! Completely in contrast to the V12 motorcycle!

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 12 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm ( 4 Photos , 1 Video)
Aussies, man...
They made a 1996 cc, V8 powered motorcycle, producing a massive 334 hp and 214 Nm of earth shattering torque. Despite the complicated construction, the engine red-lines at an insane 12,800 rpm! True to its 'Aussie' blood, the official website shows the top speed as 'How brave are you?'
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

The bike, despite the humongous engine, tips the scale at just 242 kg wet! Talk about a GODLY power to weight ratio! This is achieved by a chrome-molybdenum trellis frame and a CNC machined aluminium swingarm at the rear. The bodywork is pure carbon fiber. It also gets top shelf parts like the instrument cluster from MOTEC, custom exhaust system designed by Akrapovic. Damn, Akrapovic designs epic exhausts for almost every other bike! Unlike other custom bikes, this V8 engine was specifically built for this bike and good lord, they havemanaged to make a beautiful bike and how!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->

Drool away!
All image credits: pgmv8.com.au
Here's a video by fullboost.com.au, showing the PGM in all its glory!

If these guys manage to make a track-ready, fully aerodynamic version of the PGM V8, it's gonna slay the competition like crazy!

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 12 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm ( 1 Video)
Here's a video of the LM847 Lazareth V8 ambling around town, makin' jaws drop and whatnot:

Credit: Lazareth Auto-Moto

Fourth Div