Web Chat With Kartikeya Singhee About The All New Honda Amaze

Web Chat With Kartikeya Singhee About The All New Honda Amaze

Web Chat With Kartik..

• 02 May 2018, 240315 Views
  • 2 May 2018, 2:38 pm

Hi Folks! I am Kartikeya Singhee, Editorial Head, Zigwheels. The much-anticipated 2nd Generation Amaze is finally set to be launched in India. I drove the car and would be glad to answer any questions you may have about the car. Please post your queries, give us a little time to get you the right info. Hit the refresh button to find your answers! And, thanks for joining us here! Let's roll!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:10 pm
Arjun To your question :
Hi Kartikeya, Thanks for starting this thread. Being the first CVT+Diesel combination in the segment, what are your reviews about the automatic variant? Does the turbo lag and rubber band effect of the CVT make a more prominent lag? Also, what is the reason that the CVT variant has lower power and torque numbers even though its using the same engine.
Hey Arjun! Thanks for posting! I had a lot of concerns regarding the diesel and CVT combo too. That was until i drove it. The answer to your first question is linked to your second question. Honda has capped the power and torque of the engine for the CVT variant, be cause the diesel makes a lot of it. At 160Nm it is still 50Nm more than the petrol. The CVT uses the torque which is available from low revs to give you excellent drivability. I was taken aback by how responsive it was. Lag, unless you are at highway speeds, you will barely feel it! It's a definite thumbs up for it as a frugal city commuter that you can use for the occasional weekend trips too.
Hope that helps!
Fire away with any other queries that you might have!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:16 pm ( 2 Photos )
Ronish_Baxter's Question :
What about the mileage in city and highways?
Hey Ronish! I can only help you partially with this question. The company claimed figures are - Petrol 19.5/19(CVT) & Diesel 27.4/23.8 (CVT). We will be able to share real world fuel efficiency figure for the city and highway when we get the car for a complete road test. If you stay tuned to Zig for a couple of more weeks we should be able to share that with you.
If you have any other queries, do let me know!
Sharing a pic from the presentation where Honda showed some of the ways they have managed to improve fuel efficiency.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->
Thanks!
Also to Nishant_Dhingra
  • 4 May 2018, 4:22 pm ( 2 Photos )

Dinesh_Das's to your question : I am looking at buying the petrol amaze, but some of the reviews said that diesel has much better sound proofing compared to petrol.. as you have driven both variants which one you would prefer for ride quality and sound proofing?
Hey Dinesh! First - the petrol is quiet and refined! Honda has made tweaks to the engine to improve it on this count. The diesel uses more sound deadening as it is a louder engine. Thats it. If noise levels are a concern, do not worry, the petrol is just fine.
As for ride quality, the suspension setup on both is very impressive. the diesel is tuned slightly differently because it is a little heavier. Don't worry about the suspension - petrol or diesel - on the drive it proved that it was well tuned for our roads.

Ciao!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:30 pm ( 2 Photos )
Koganti_Dilip
To your Question . :Why does the new Amaze miss out on LED DRLs?
Hi Dilip, The Amaze has LED DRLs on the top two variants for sure. As it hasnt been launched we dont know the exact feature list but it has LED elements at the lower edge of the headlamps.
You can see that here -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:40 pm ( 2 Photos )
Aston_Martin
Hey AM! :-)
Your query -
Is the new Amaze better than the Maruti Suzuki Baleno in rear seat space and overall comfort ?
Also which is a better buy - the Amaze MT Petrol or Diesel? My monthly need is around 1000km, but still will it be beneficial to get the Amaze diesel considering Petrol MT mileage is low (19.5) when compared to the diesel (27.4).
Please advice. Thanks
-
For 1000km buying a diesel wouldn't make much sense. The petrol is isn't a very peppy engine. But, if you are looking for a easy going commuter for the city, it will do fine.
As for backseat space - i can't comment with confidence how much of a difference there would be in terms of kneeroom. But, the Amaze has lots now. To help you understand what all has changed -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->
While these are all numbers and claims, i was pleasantly surprised to find that it felt genuinely spacious and relaxing. So, while we would have to spend some more time with the Amaze doing a complete road test to spell out the space difference there is one area where the Amaze could very well be a benchmark. this is because of the suspension - no longer clunky - actually feels happy over the bad sections. On this front it undoubtedly feels like a proper full size sedan.
Thanks!
  • 5 May 2018, 9:32 pm
Is the new one is better for hill station like The Nilgiris in Tamilnadu. Tell me the new cost for petrol and diesel. Thanks
  • 4 May 2018, 4:45 pm
Muralidhar_Maddipati's question :
I was told the diesel CVT variant produces 20bhp less power than the manual. Won't this affect the pickup of the car?
My take - Honda has developed the CVT on the diesel keeping city use in mind. For this the power and torque with the CVT work beautifully. It really feels very responsive in city conditions. You will only have to worry about the power difference if you intend to spend a lot of time on the highway. Honestly, if your primary usage is highway - go for the diesel manual.
Thanks,
Kartikeya.
  • 5 May 2018, 9:33 pm
Which car is best in this segment?
  • 4 May 2018, 4:50 pm

Pal_Kartik
"Originally posted by Pal_Kartik"
What is the difference between the base model and mid-variant of the Honda Amaze 2018?

Since the new Amaze hasn't been launched yet we don't have detailed variant-wise features. We'll have to wait till the middle of May to get those details.
We know lower variants will get 14" wheels, whereas the higher end models get 15" wheels. The top end also gets the touchscreen infotainment system.
Sorry about this! But, we'll let you know then for sure.
Thank you!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:51 pm
Gaurav_Matta
"Originally posted by Gaurav_Matta"
Is the new Honda Amaze better than the older version?

Thanks for posting an easy one man! Yes. On every count - drivability, refinement, space, comfort and features.
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 4:51 pm
Kartikeya
Thank you for the response. Most of the reviewers have compared the diesel CVT with the Swift DZire's Diesel AMT.
However, how does it fare in comparison to the Ameo Diesel DSG? Right now, as the pricing is not out yet, I don't think it would be inappropriate not to compare it to the Ameo DSG, as they are both 1.5l diesel automatics in the compact sedan segment.
If priced closely, which would be your pick?
  • 4 May 2018, 4:53 pm
Sunil_Gupta
"Originally posted by Sunil_Gupta"
Which is better - Dzire or Amaze?

Hello sir! That's a very good question! And i wish i could give you a straight up answer now, but I cant! We don't have prices for the Amaze and we are yet to do a complete Road Test. But one thing is for sure, it will be a close fight.
Take care!
And, thank you.
  • 4 May 2018, 4:54 pm
HI Kartikeya.
How much change transformation is being done to the earth dreams technology?
Are NVH levels of the new amaze better than predecessor?
Is handling and.ergonomics the same or Honda has made further improvements in it?
  • 4 May 2018, 4:54 pm
Srikanth_krishnan
"Originally posted by srikanth_krishnan"
I have decided to go for a Honda. Now that new Amaze is coming, I am confused between the sedan and WR-V. I know they are in different segments, but can you give your opinion on which car is better?

Sir, would you be able share more details? If you are looking at diesel, petrol? will you be driving primarily or in the backseat? This will let us help you better.
  • 4 May 2018, 4:58 pm
What is the petrol CVT milage according to ARAI??
  • 4 May 2018, 5:00 pm
Kartikeya
For the diesel Amaze, how has Honda managed to bring down the NVH levels? Have the made changes to the engine by adding balancer shafts or is it due to the new platform which may have better damping?
Is the engine more silent, or is it the cabin noise that has reduced?
  • 4 May 2018, 5:01 pm
"Originally posted by Surinder_Singh_1"
What is the starting price of the 2018 Honda Amaze?

Dear Surinder sir, the new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
We'll know for sure on May 16th when the Amaze is launched.
Thank you.
  • 4 May 2018, 5:05 pm
Mukul_Chaudhary
"Originally posted by Mukul_Chaudhary"
KartikeyaSir, what is the mileage of the Amaze petrol?

Hey! The mileage as claimed by Honda is 19.5kpl(Manual)/19kpl (CVT). For the record the diesel's fuel efficiency is 27.4kpl(Manual)/23.8kpl(CVT). These numbers are higher than of the outgoing Amaze.
We look forward to completing our very own Road Test to see how it performs in the real world. We'll be able to share that with you in a couple of weeks.
Hope this helps!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:11 pm
Vijay_modi_1
"Originally posted by vijay_modi_1"
Heard that the Amaze petrol CVT does not perform well on the highway, especially around 120kmph. Please advice.

Hey Vijay, if highways are a big part of your intended usage we would recommend the diesel Amaze. The petrol needs to be revved to get going and - packaged with the CVT - it is primarily meant for city use. Expecting peppy performance from it on the highway is a bit of a stretch.
Hope that helps!
Ciao!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:15 pm
"Originally posted by Chandan_Sharma"
Good morning Kartikeya.Which one is better in terms of comfort, technology and mileage - the Maruti Suzuki Dzire or Honda Amaze?

Hey Chandan! That's the question I am also wondering about. The Dzire has been the segment champ, but it is clear to us that the Amaze will be giving it a very close fight. Until we have the prices of the Amaze and manage to test it here at our base in Pune - I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer.
On one front I feel the Amaze will have an advantage is the suspension. Its ride quality over bad roads was very impressive, On the other fronts as asked by you it is very closely matched. Stay tuned. We will clear this up in the coming few weeks
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:15 pm
"Originally posted by sravan_kumar_3"
Why should I buy the new Amaze?

Ermmm.... because you want a good sub-4m sedan? :-)
  • 4 May 2018, 5:19 pm
"Originally posted by Karthik_Sharma"
Why is Honda not offering diesel CVT in top spec VX model?

Its a great question! I dont know for sure what the price point is, but I think it is so that the price tag doesn't become too high. I think Honda will want to keep it under the 10L mark - that's the price of the VW Ameo DSG.
But a lot of people will surely end up asking Honda to bring the diesel CVT in the VX version soon. Let them know how you feel after the prices are announced.
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:19 pm
Sunil_Gupta
"Originally posted by Kartikeya"
That's the question I am also wondering about. The Dzire has been the segment champ, but it is clear to us that the Amaze will be giving it a very close fight. Until we have the prices of the Amaze and manage to test it here at our base in Pune - I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer.On one front I feel the Amaze will have an advantage is the suspension. Its ride quality over bad roads was very impressive, On the other fronts as asked by you it is very closely matched. Stay tuned. We will clear this up in the coming few weeks Thanks!

• 4 May 2018, 5:20 pm
AASHUTOSH_VARMA
That's the question I am also wondering about. The Dzire has been the segment champ, but it is clear to us that the Amaze will be giving it a very close fight. Until we have the prices of the Amaze and manage to test it here at our base in Pune - I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer.On one front I feel the Amaze will have an advantage is the suspension. Its ride quality over bad roads was very impressive, On the other fronts as asked by you it is very closely matched. Stay tuned. We will clear this up in the coming few weeks Thanks!

• 4 May 2018, 5:21 pm
Himanshu_Tiwari

Yes, the new Amaze has a more pliant ride than before.
  • 4 May 2018, 5:21 pm
Manuj_kumar

• 4 May 2018, 5:22 pm
Dear Surinder sir, the new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.We'll know for sure on May 16th when the Amaze is launched. Thank you.

Dilbagh_Grover
  • 4 May 2018, 5:26 pm
"Originally posted by Jeet_Singh"
What's the difference between the old and new amaze - car shape wise and features wise?

Well, massive. The design, chassis is all new. it has a longer wheelbase, it is lighter. it is stiffer - all of which help to make it more fuel efficient, more spacious and more comfortable.
In terms of features you some of the stand out bits are cruise control, the stylish (shark-fin in brochure speak) antenna, LED DRLs, paddle shifters, reverse parking sensors.
Let us know if you have any more queries.
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:30 pm
"Originally posted by Akaljot_Singh"
What are features of petrol C VT top model. Is it includes GPS back camera etc What about mileage in city and highway.Suggest me which model should I select between CVT petrol or Cvt diesel. CVT diesel has no paddle shifters.

Hi Akaljot, I would definitely recommend diesel CVT. Ye, diesel CVT doesn't have paddle shifters, but i am pretty sure that you wont even feel the need for them in the city. Still if you would like to take control you can do so via the gear lever. A Sport mode also helps out when you need to rush. \
Sadly, the top end CVT models - V - do not get the touchscreen infotainment, reversing camera or cruise control. Bummer!
Hope that helps!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:34 pm ( 3 Photos )
"Originally posted by Mohd_Mohinuddin"
I bought a Honda Amaze diesel version five months back. Please clarify whether the diesel engine in the old Amaze and the new one are the same.

Hey! In many ways they are the same. like the bore x stroke, displacement, power. But the design has been reworked to make it smoother and quieter.
These slides will help you get an idea of the extent of changes.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

Please let me know if any doubts!
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:35 pm
"Originally posted by fadhil_kareem"
If we compare the Vento automatic with the new Amaze CVT automatic, which one is better?

Is this for the diesels?
  • 4 May 2018, 5:43 pm ( 3 Photos )
"Originally posted by Trailokya_Saikia"
Whether is mileage more than previous model.

"Originally posted by Arjun"
KartikeyaFor the diesel Amaze, how has Honda managed to bring down the NVH levels? Have the made changes to the engine by adding balancer shafts or is it due to the new platform which may have better damping?Is the engine more silent, or is it the cabin noise that has reduced?

Broski! I love these questions. Change in block stiffness has reduced NVH levels from the engine. Then Honda has beefed up the NVH dampening measures - engine mounts, additional cover on the engine, more sound deadening - and the new chassis helps too. Check out the slides - i think you'll enjoy them.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

Appreciate you joining in here!
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:48 pm
"Originally posted by Viral_Parmar"
Well I know that people compare sedans with sedans. But when it comes to Honda, I love Honda cars. So, as far as my budget is concerned, I'm confused between Honda Amaze and Honda Jazz. And also the Jazz petrol engine gives more mileage than the Amaze petrol engine. What do you think?

Ahhh!! That's a tough one. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Jazz! So much space. But, no doubt the Amaze offers more. For sure fuel efficiency will be a bit lower since it is a larger and heavier car. Also, the suspension in the Amaze is a big highlight for me!
the design though will be the really confusing part for me. So with this on the table, which would you pick?
  • 4 May 2018, 5:52 pm
"Originally posted by Dilip_Soparkar"
Hi Kartikeya. How is the mid-range performance of Amaze petrol engine when compared to Suzuki 1.2 petrol engine? And what would the real world fuel efficiency be like?

Hey Dilip, While I can't comment on real-world fuel efficiency, yes the 1.2 i-Vtec isn't as peppy as the K12. The i-Vtec needs to be revved up to really get a move on. But on the upside it has become smoother than before which will help if you are a "shaanth" kind of driver. :-)
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:52 pm
"Originally posted by Surinder_Singh_1"
What is the on-road price of the new Amaze?

The new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
  • 4 May 2018, 5:55 pm
Parmeet_Kaur
"Originally posted by Parmeet_Kaur"
Hey Kartikeya, glad to interact with you here. I drive a Hyundai Grand i10 which has clocked 57k so far (bought it on your recommendation earlier). Do you think this new Amaze is a good upgrade?

Sah!
Super glad to have you here! And, thank you twice over! I think the diesel makes for a rock solid option. The backseat will definitely be a big step up and it definitely has the sense of being a proper sedan now. Do let me know what you think when you check it out! Would really appreciate that!
Also, any more queries? do fire away.
Thanks again!
  • 4 May 2018, 5:56 pm
AASHUTOSH_VARMA
Sunil_GuptaHello sir! That's a very good question! And i wish i could give you a straight up answer now, but I cant! We don't have prices for the Amaze and we are yet to do a complete Road Test. But one thing is for sure, it will be a close fight. Take care! And, thank you.

• 4 May 2018, 5:59 pm
"Originally posted by Venkatesh_Dambala"
Diesel CVT is a new concept though it has been introduced in one of the variants of some car by VW. How does it feel like for the passengers when automatic gear change happens in comparison to petrol CVT and AMT?

Hey! The CVT makes the driving experience very smooth. However, it has steps (simulated gears) and so if you want to change pace in a hurry, it can give you a quick boost too. For normal commuting we found this gearbox to be very good to use - snappy and smooth. So, while it may be different from other kinds of automatic gearboxes, it seems to be offering a very sensible solution and a friendly driving experience.
Hope that helps!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:02 pm
"Originally posted by Lingala_RaviTeja"
My question is about the Amaze diesel1.How is the exterior sheet metal build quality?2.What about stability and control of the car at high speed like 110kmph?3.What is the mileage in the city and highway?

Hello sir,
1) Good - we didnt find it to be flimsy.
2) We got a chance to drive it on highways - which had lots of big bumps - the Amaze felt confident. While it has 15" rims - the tyres are still 175 section. But they get the job done. This was with two occupants and some luggage on boards.
I hope that helps.
Thank you,
Kartikeya.
  • 4 May 2018, 6:05 pm
"Originally posted by prabhatkumarguin"
Ground clearance of new honda amaze? Appropriate for Indian road?.

Yes sah! The groundclearance has increased slightly compared to before. We drove it over several odd-shaped speed breakers with two occupants and some luggage - we didn't face any issues.
Hope that helps!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:06 pm
"Originally posted by RiShav_ThAkur"
Is CVT Diesel is same as comfortable to CVT petrol Rishav Thakur Galaxy Honda Jalandhar

If by comfortable you mean - ease of driving - i would say it is even better. If any clarification - please do let us know. Thanks you!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:11 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Trushar K"
KartikeyaWhat would you prefer, petrol or diesel? What'd be the maintenance cost?

Hey, I would prefer diesel. I don't have the exact maintenance costs. But, here is what Honda shared with us at the drive- they have unlimited warranty and extended warranty options -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:14 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Trushar K"
Which one is preferable- Diesel or Petrol? Do mention maintenance cost and fuel average.

I would pick the diesel! I don't have actual warranty costs, but this slide that was shared with us at the first drive event gives an indication -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->
Take care!
Let us know if any queries!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:18 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Soumik_Aich"
What is the maintanence and warranty of the new amaze?

Hey!
Honda is now offering 3 year/unlimited km warranty with extended warranty options too.
Take a look at these slides from the presentation shared with us on the Amaze drive that lists out the options -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->
Hope that helps!
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:21 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by karthic_chandran"
Rear A/C vent is available..?

Nope. There are no rear ac vents. However, Honda has beefed up the compressor on the Amaze - petrol and diesel - to help it deal with our summers. Check out the details if you are interested - shows how much Honda claims cooling performance has improved -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_8## -->
on the drive we weren't in the 40s, but it was hot - but the air-con cooled down the cabin rapidly and kept it that way all afternoon. In our books, it didn't seem to be a cause for concern.
Ciao!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:23 pm
Pradeep_Jena
"Originally posted by Pradeep_Jena"
Hello, Which colours are available? What's unique in this Amaze than the previous version? How's the petrol engine performance?

Hey,
The Amaze is available in five colours - white, silver, red, brown and grey.
Thanks for joining us here!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:29 pm
"Originally posted by Jerry_sahayaraj"
Hi Karthikeya,I have planned to purchase a Diesel+CVT option. Will it be convenient for a regular highway use? Is it underpowered and is it true that it will be tough for cruising in 3 digit speeds on highways? And will it be comfortable for 4 adults and 1 kid?

Hey Jerry, if you are willing to drive in a sensible manner i dont see any issue. The diesel CVT has its power and torque capped, so you will feel the punch to be lower when making overtakes. Like I said, if you don't drive aggressively and cruise along - you will be able to get along fine. I dont thnk cruising will be an issue. it is that overtaking can't be done suddenly, you will need to build a bit of pace there.
It is definitely spacious enough for 4 adults and a child.
Let us know what you think of it if you chose to test drive it!
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:33 pm
"Originally posted by anandh_vn"
Hai KartikeyaI am presently using swift VDI 2014 and I have done only 50k kms.Since ola's inception, I drive very less.Now looking for car with AT. Either new Amaze or Yaris. Would like to stay around 10 Lax budget.Pls suggest which one is better petrol or diesel ?Advantage with diesel is that during long drive the trip cost becomes lesser...I also hear that diesel vehicles will have to face stricter norms in future sighting pollution issues.

Hey Anandh!
If you are looking for an all-rounder our pick is surely the diesel. Future diesel vehicles will have to meet new emission regulations that come in 2020. This will be applicable for new cars sold then.
It is not a concern for models on sale now.
Hope that helps!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:40 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by sukhpal_singh_chauhan"
What are safety features in new amaze ? Is it safer in collision test ?

Hey Sukhpal! Was waiting for this question!
The new Amaze has ABS with EBD, Dual airbags as standard now. Also, the new chassis is designed keeping crash test compliance in mind. It uses a lot more high-tensile steel - to make it stronger in case of impacts.
I love getting into details - this picture might make it simpler though -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_9## -->
You can see the comparison between the old and the new Amaze clearly here.
Hope that helps clear things up!
Let us know if you have any more queries!
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:45 pm
"Originally posted by Raghu_v_1"
Hi kartikeya.Good afternoon.How did you feel while you are driving new honda amaze CVTVariant? How are the interiors and exterior of the new honda amaze?

Hello Raghu!
Good evening! Diesel CVT was highly impressive - for its smoothness and responsiveness.
As for the interiors - Honda hass made a big step forward - the cabin looks and feels a lot more appealing than the outgoing version. It is also a lot more spacious. So it is a big step up on that front.
As for the exterior - while i sit on the fence about whetehr the design looks good or not - I will admit one thing - it makes the Amaze seem more impozing and actually feel a bit larger than a sub-four metre sedan would. After seeing this the old Amaze seems half a size smaller.
Hope that answers your query!
Take care!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:47 pm
"Originally posted by Charles_Alexander"
Is the new one better for hill stations like the Nilgiris in Tamilnadu?

Heya!
For hill stations i would recommend the diesel. it is peppy and right from low revs.. which makes it great for those terrains. Better suspension will help too!
Ciao!
  • 4 May 2018, 6:52 pm
Surendranath_Chaparala
"Originally posted by Surendranath_Chaparala"
Looking for Diesel Automatic sedan. Does new Amaze offers one?

Yes sir! there is a diesel CVT automatic on offer now! It will be more pricey compared to AMT transmissions but it offers a better drive experience too.
  • 4 May 2018, 6:56 pm
"Originally posted by Arun_Patel"
Hi kartikey,What about the ground clearance of new amaze?

Hey!
The ground clearance of the new Amaze has increased from the 1st Gen's 165mm to 170mm on the 2nd Gen.
Thanks!
  • 4 May 2018, 7:04 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Sumiit_Bhatia"
Hey Kartikey, I am interested in CVT Diesel, how's the performance? Service cost ? Comfort?

Hey Sumit, the diesel CVT is an impressive package. It is great for everyday use, smooth and peppy. Makes it very easy to use. Service cost numbers are not available off-hand but Honda is offering 3 year/unlimited km warranty as standard with optional extended warranty. There is also a maintenance package on offer, details of these can be found here -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_10## -->
Thanks,
Kartikeya.
  • 4 May 2018, 7:11 pm
Hola guys!
Thank you so much for making this discussion happen! We will answer any pending queries shortly.
Take care,
Kartikeya!
  • 4 May 2018, 7:14 pm
Sales_Manager
Hello sir! That's a very good question! And i wish i could give you a straight up answer now, but I cant! We don't have prices for the Amaze and we are yet to do a complete Road Test. But one thing is for sure, it will be a close fight. Take care! And, thank you.

• 4 May 2018, 7:14 pm
DIO_Mewat
Hello sir! That's a very good question! And i wish i could give you a straight up answer now, but I cant! We don't have prices for the Amaze and we are yet to do a complete Road Test. But one thing is for sure, it will be a close fight. Take care! And, thank you.

• 4 May 2018, 7:16 pm
Salil_sharma
Ahhh!! That's a tough one. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Jazz! So much space. But, no doubt the Amaze offers more. For sure fuel efficiency will be a bit lower since it is a larger and heavier car. Also, the suspension in the Amaze is a big highlight for me! the design though will be the really confusing part for me. So with this on the table, which would you pick?

• 4 May 2018, 7:26 pm
Sandeep_dudhe
Yes, Honda has increased the ground clearance of the new Amaze by 5mm. It now stands at 170mm, which is plenty for Indian road conditions.
  • 4 May 2018, 7:50 pm
Gnanaprakash Samuel Laxmikant_Sahu Justin_Patel
We'll have to wait till the launch of the second-generation Amaze. Honda is set to launch the sedan on May 16th.
  • 5 May 2018, 4:18 pm
"Originally posted by Anubha_Bhatnagar"
The new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.We'll know for sure on May 16th when the Amaze is launched.

amrik_singh_1
  • 5 May 2018, 4:21 pm
"Originally posted by Anubha_Bhatnagar"
The new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.We'll know for sure on May 16th when the Amaze is launched.

DrNSLakshminarasimhan
  • 5 May 2018, 6:15 pm
"Originally posted by Rachita_Misra"
Dear Kartikeya! What's the one thing that makes the Honda Amaze the clear winner in its segment?

Hey Rachita,
That's a tough thing to pin it down to one aspect. I think the overall package makes it a super strong option now. But there are three things that have really stuck with me after the drive:
1) the combination of the space and the suspension setup - make this a very comfy car! could be the very best. But we'll confirm that once we get it for a complete test.
2) Diesel engine - this engine was always very easy to drive, even in our city conditions, and now that it is so much quieter and smoother - could very well be the pick in the segment!
3) Automatic/CVT - The diesel CVT is the only one in the class -and it is a polished offering.
Hope that helps!
Thanks!
  • 5 May 2018, 6:20 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Nayan_Anthony"
Tell me the specification of basic model of Amaze second generation in petrol

Hey Nayan,
The petrol continues to be the 1.2 litre i-Vtec engine. It makes 90PS of power and 110Nm of torque. While the specs read the same and the engine feels the same to drive, Honda say they have made a few tweaks to it to improve efficiency and refinement. you can check out the details in the slide below.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_11## -->
On our drive, it felt smoother!
  • 5 May 2018, 6:23 pm
"Originally posted by Laxmikant_Sahu"
Please tell me about the features available in Amaze EMT (petrol)Please also confirm the availability of front and rear power windows and availability of central locking in EMT model?

Hello Sir,
I am afraid I can;t help you with that right now. The Amaze hasnt been launched yet and Honda hasnt shared the variant wise feature list.
However, i would expect front power windows to be available in the E variant. On our drive we got to sample the V and VX variants.
The new Amaze will launch on the 16th of May. So we should have more information for you by then.
Sorry to keep you waiting.
Do let us know if we can help with anything else.
Thank you.
  • 5 May 2018, 6:26 pm
"Originally posted by Justin_Patel"
Which variant is good petrol or diesel automatic? Per month 1000 drive. And is it good to use CNG with petrol? Justin_Patel

Hey Justin,
Since your running wont be much the petrol would be better. But, drive it to see if it meets your taste as it is a motor that likes to be driven in a leisurely manner only.
Using CNG - we would only recommend company fitted options. And only-good quality kits as - the lower end ones can compromise safety, performance and reliability.
Again, in your case I don't think fitting a CNG kit would make sense since your running is quite low.
Hope that helps!
  • 5 May 2018, 7:02 pm
"Originally posted by pavetra_venkatesh"
Does the new Amaze have the same features as the Toyota Yaris?

Hello!
The Yaris sits a segment above the Amaze as a result it has features that you will not find on the Amaze. So, no. While some features are common. The Yaris as is expected of a car in a segment above, packs in a bit more. It offers seven airbags as standard which isn't offered by anyone else. It gets rear aircon vents, front and rear parking sensors, special glass for the windows, automatic headlamps and wipers.
Having said that, the Amaze is pretty well equipped now - some special features are - paddle shifters on the petrol auto and cruise control, the infotainment system offers Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
Like the Yaris, the Amaze doesn't get LED headlamps either.
Again, keep in mind they are in two different segments and, while we don't have prices for the Amaze yet, the Yaris will be much more expensive.
Thanks,
Kartikeya.
  • 5 May 2018, 7:03 pm
"Originally posted by ARUN_ARORA"
Is Honda providing an automatic transmission in this version?

Yes sir, Honda is offering an automatic transmission option on diesel and petrol engines.
Thank you.
  • 5 May 2018, 7:33 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by A.V._Kumar"
I’m using Honda Amaze 1st generation and front and back design is superb compare to 2nd generation. In 2nd, front side black body is not look great. And also level 2 gear system is having problem. Is this rectified in 2nd generation? Back side AC point is provided for back seaters in 2nd generation? Back side glass are they provided heaters in 2nd generation? If not, please look above suggestions to improve.Last but not least, Honda is great in the market.

Hello Sir,
Thank you for sharing your queries.
AC - no there are no rear ac vents. But Honda has put in a more powerful compressor. Honda claim that it is much faster in cooling the cabin. On our drive it proved to be quite effective. You can see what Honda say about changes in cooling performance -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_12## -->
About the rear defogger - it was offered on the Amaze earlier and on 2nd gen as well.
Please could you explain what you meant by "level 2 gear system"?
  • 5 May 2018, 7:38 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Shiva_Danam"
Hi,I am driving old Amaze, Model 2014. Is the new Amaze more spacious than the older model?I would like to upgrade to new Amaze, Is Company offering any benefits to upgrade old Amaze to a new one? I will plan if Company provides and give me best deal.

Hey Shiva, the new Amaze is a lot more spacious than the 1st Gen.
The wheelbase is longer by 65mm, the width has been increased by 15mm. And that has increased rear kneeroom by 40mm.. you can see the details in this pic..
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_13## -->
I am not aware of the deals offered by Honda delaers. Would make sense to check with your dealer.
Thank you,
Kartikeya.
  • 5 May 2018, 7:46 pm
Honda Amaze or Tata Nexon
I am confused between these two. Plz suggest me
  • 5 May 2018, 7:57 pm
"Originally posted by Gaurang_Haldankar"
Hi Kartikeya,This is a rare scenario but could be life-saving and is in general for automatic cars. During rains when the roads are waterlogged and water level reaches above the exhaust pipe, in case water enters the exhaust, the engine will die. So when we have manual transmission we put it in first gear and control acceleration using the clutch. How do we use a CVT transmission in such a scenario?Also, can we use paddle shifters in the new Honda Amaze to reduce the rubberband effect?

Hey Gaurang,
I think the important thing is to be smooth on the throttle. In manual you choose a low gear so that you have the max torque available to push through the water. - you can never tell from just looking at the water how deep it is. Also it means you won't have to downshift while water is at/above the exhaust level. Because when you clutch-in to change gears will allow the water to rush in.
Tackling water logged areas in a CVT/or automatic is easier. Make sure that the water isnt too high and that you stay smooth on the throttle. If need be you could use the paddles - but as there won't be a drop in revs the problem you would face with a manual wont apply here. Better still, the L mode on the transmission will let you stick to low gear to help along.
Hope that helps!
Take care!
  • 5 May 2018, 8:15 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by DrDeepak_Soni"
Hi kartikeya..I want to ask you in short about it's safety features and NCAP score

Hi Sir,
There is no NCAP score available as of now. However, the Amaze is designed to meet upcoming crash test norms.
Here is a slide that was shared with us at the drive event - it shows the various tests and the speeds for crash safety testing and the various safety features -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_14## -->
The Amaze gets ABS with EBD and dual airbags as standard too.
Thank you,
Kartikeya.
  • 5 May 2018, 8:21 pm ( 4 Photos )
"Originally posted by Anil_Kumar_31"
Hi ...what is the ground clearance of new honda amaze petrol and what is the milage of that car?

Hello Sir, the Amaze's ground clearance is 170mm now. used to be 165mm earlier.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_15## -->
Honda claim a fuel efficiency of 19.5kpl for the manual variant and 19kpl for the automatic variant of the petrol.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_16## -->
We will only be able to confirm real world fuel efficiency once we get the cars for test at our offices in Pune.
Thank you,
Kartikeya!
  • 5 May 2018, 8:38 pm ( 5 Photos )
"Originally posted by Vijay_P_8"
1. When can I get the vehicle for a test drive?2. Any improvements in petrol mileage, comparing the existing one?3. Any engine specification changes?4. Does it have UV protected glasses?5. What is the approximate price for MT top-end petrol and top-end diesel?6. What would be the approximate waiting period to get it, if we do early booking?

Hey Vijay,
1 - The launch is on 16th May - a visit to the dealer should sort that out
2 - Fuel efficiency has increased for the petrol manual to 19.5kpl - used to be 17.8 I think - these are company claimed figures.
3 - Engine specifications remain the change - but a few structural and several material enhancements have improved efficiency and refinement -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_17## -->

changes on diesel to make it smoother and quieter -
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_18## -->
and it works! we were surprised by how much quieter the engine is now!
4 - Im pretty sure it does.
5- we expect prices to remain largely unchanged - so petrol manual VX should be around 7.5L, the auto would be around 8.5L. The diesel automatic we feel should be around 9.5L
6 - That I am not sure of. Will try to enquire about that.
Thank you.
  • 7 May 2018, 1:26 pm ( 2 Photos )
Aston_Martin's query:
Is the new Amaze better than the Maruti Suzuki Baleno in rear seat space and overall comfort ?
Also which is a better buy - the Amaze MT Petrol or Diesel? My monthly need is around 1000km, but still will it be beneficial to get the Amaze diesel considering Petrol MT mileage is low (19.5) when compared to the diesel (27.4).
Please advice. Thanks

For 1000km, buying a diesel wouldn't make much sense. The petrol is isn't a very peppy engine. But, if you are looking for an easy-going commuter for the city, it will do fine.
As for backseat space - I can't comment with confidence how much of a difference there would be in terms of kneeroom. But, the Amaze has lots now. <!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_19## -->
While these are all numbers and claims, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it felt genuinely spacious and relaxing. So, while we would have to spend some more time with the Amaze doing a complete road test to spell out the space difference there is one area where the Amaze could very well be a benchmark. This is because of the suspension - no longer clunky - actually feels happy over the bad sections. On this front, it undoubtedly feels like a proper full size sedan.
Thanks!

• 7 May 2018, 7:07 pm
"Originally posted by Gnanaprakash Samuel"
Can you give the details about the features available in each of variants E, S, SX, and VX?

Since the new Amaze hasn't been launched yet we don't have detailed variant-wise features. We'll have to wait till the middle of May to get those details.
We know lower variants will get 14" wheels, whereas the higher end models get 15" wheels. The top end also gets the touchscreen infotainment system.
  • 7 May 2018, 7:10 pm
"Originally posted by Laxmikant_Sahu"
Please tell me about the features available in Amaze E MT (petrol). Please also confirm the availability of front and rear power windows and availability of central locking in AMT model?

• 7 May 2018, 7:46 pm
"Originally posted by Tc_sharma"
What is the cc & bhp of the engine?

The Honda Amaze petrol is powered by a 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine that puts out 90PS and 100Nm of torque whereas the diesel version gets a 1.5-litre i-DTEC that produces 100PS and 200Nm in manual guise and 80PS and 160Nm with the CVT. Hope this helps!
  • 7 May 2018, 8:09 pm
"Originally posted by Gautam_Kumar_2"
Hi,I have already booked Petrol CVT. I requested for the top model, i.e V X,I suppose. Just wanted to confirm whether petrol CVT is available in VX model. Thanks

Sadly, no. However, if there's enough demand for a fully-loaded variant with the CVT gearbox, Honda might consider introducing one.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:38 pm
Originally posted by Dr Naresh Jha"
Price Honda Amaze diesel
We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:41 pm
Originally posted by DrNSLakshminarasimhan"
Please let us know the launch date of Amaze 2nd Generation& the cost price of the variants Petrol as well the Diesel.
Launch Date is set for 16th may
We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:45 pm
"Originally posted by Matha_Priyan"
Hi Sir, do you know launching date of new amaze?

The new Amaze is set to be launched on May 16th. Stay tuned to Zigwheels for a comprehensive review.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:47 pm
"Originally posted by Ashok_Loganathan"
Hi, am speculating between Baleno CVT and Amaze CVT diesel. I find Baleno a lot spacious and the seating is also very good. How would Amaze fare when compared to these aspects? Also, how is the Diesel CVT refinement level and pick up? Could you please provide some pointers?

"Originally posted by Swapnil_Sharma"
Hello Kartikeya,Greetings!I want to know that in this new Honda Amaze 2018, is there any Petrol Model offered by Honda which has Automatic Transmission + Touch Infotainment + Rear Camera + Cruise Control + other VX variant features?if yes, please also share the price.Thank you.

Its a great question! I dont know for sure what the price point is, but I think it is so that the price tag doesn't become too high. I think Honda will want to keep it under the 10L mark - that's the price of the VW Ameo DSG.
But a lot of people will surely end up asking Honda to bring the diesel CVT in the VX version soon. Let them know how you feel after the prices are announced
  • 7 May 2018, 8:48 pm
"Originally posted by GP_SINGH"
What are the differences between Amaze and Jazz?

Ahhh!! That's a tough one. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Jazz! So much space. But, no doubt the Amaze offers more. For sure fuel efficiency will be a bit lower since it is a larger and heavier car. Also, the suspension in the Amaze is a big highlight for me!
  • 7 May 2018, 8:50 pm
"Originally posted by Himanshu_Tiwari"
Hey,For regular office use which car is better Dzire or Amaze?Also, earlier there were some issues with suspension, have they been improved?

Hello sir! That's a very good question! And i wish i could give you a straight up answer now, but I cant! We don't have prices for the Amaze and we are yet to do a complete Road Test. But one thing is for sure, it will be a close fight.
That's the question I am also wondering about. The Dzire has been the segment champ, but it is clear to us that the Amaze will be giving it a very close fight. Until we have the prices of the Amaze and manage to test it here at our base in Pune - I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer.
On one front I feel the Amaze will have an advantage is the suspension. Its ride quality over bad roads was very impressive, On the other fronts as asked by you it is very closely matched. Stay tuned. We will clear this up in the coming few weeks
  • 7 May 2018, 8:51 pm
"Originally posted by Umang_Soni"
Hello i am planning to buy sedan and this is my first car. I am comparing between Dzire petol manual and Amaze Petrol Manual. Please advice.

That's the question I am also wondering about. The Dzire has been the segment champ, but it is clear to us that the Amaze will be giving it a very close fight. Until we have the prices of the Amaze and manage to test it here at our base in Pune - I wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:53 pm
"Originally posted by PROSENJIT_BHATTACHARJEE"
Hi may you provide some specification of Engine of New Amaze Petrol CVT . Is it the old one or some modifications are done . How different or alike compare to Jazz

Hey, that's a good question. The engines are the same as before - a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel. However, Honda has stated that they have improved the NVH levels of the diesel motor for a more relaxed driving experience. As for the Jazz, I have a bit of a soft spot for it! So much space. But, no doubt the Amaze offers more. For sure fuel efficiency will be a bit lower since it is a larger and heavier car. Also, the suspension in the Amaze is a big highlight for me!
  • 7 May 2018, 8:55 pm
"Originally posted by Shivshankar_Kamath"
While bookings have started when is the car due to be seen on the road for a test drive?Looking for a automatic sedan with lesaa than 7000 KMS per year of usage. What would suggest?

The new Amaze will be launched on May 16th. So you can expect to test drive around the same time. As far as choosing between the petrol and diesel CVT models, I'd suggest you choose the petrol version since your average daily usage is pretty low.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:57 pm
"Originally posted by Mudassar_Panhalekar"
I want to know about new Honda amaze diesel price millage .

Hey Ronish! I can only help you partially with this question. The company claimed figures are - Petrol 19.5/19(CVT) & Diesel 27.4/23.8 (CVT). We will be able to share real world fuel efficiency figure for the city and highway when we get the car for a complete road test. If you stay tuned to Zig for a couple of more weeks we should be able to share that with you.
We expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
  • 7 May 2018, 8:58 pm
"Originally posted by Koshinder_Vats"
Hi Kartikeya . I am interested in petrol automatic .will I get infortainment system navigation and reverse camera in it?

No, the petrol CVT variant is only available with the Amaze V variant, which misses out on both the features you've mentioned.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:00 pm
"Originally posted by Deepesh_Aswani"
Hii kartikeya. You drove the car so how did you feel about the cars suspension it's ability to drive in the city's bad roads and about the interior the cabin noise u felt or any other glitch in the sustems or anything.

The suspension setup on both the petrol and diesel Amaze is very impressive. The diesel is tuned slightly differently because it is a little heavier. Don't worry about the suspension - petrol or diesel - on the drive it proved that it was well tuned for our roads. As far as cabin noise is concerned, the petrol variants are quiet to start with whereas Honda has improved the NVH levels on the diesel variant as well.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:01 pm

"Originally posted by Animesh_Kumar_Tewary"
Would like to know if new Amaze z coming in automatic gear shift only? I am gonna buy amaze for commercial use would like to know for sure that does new amaze has automatic gear shift only. Pls rply ASAP YOU SEE MY MSG. MY EMAIL ID - animesh_kumar18@yahoo.com. Thanks

The new Amaze is available with both manual and CVT automatic gearbox options. If you plan on buying the Amaze for commercial purposes, I'd recommend buying the diesel MT variant.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:03 pm
"Originally posted by Rishi_Behal"
Could you please tell me the price model wise.

The new Amaze has not been launched yet. However, we expect Honda to price the Amaze quite aggressively. We wouldn't be surprised if prices remain largely unchanged. Which would be in the region of 6.9L - 8.5L, for the Diesel and manuals. And Rs 9.5L for the diesel auto. For the petrol we expect prices to stay in the Rs5.7L - 8.5L range.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:08 pm
"Originally posted by PRIYANK_KUMAR"
Is cvt diesel costly to maintain.?

I don't have the exact maintenance costs. But, here is what Honda shared with us at the drive they have unlimited warranty and extended warranty options. We'll share the details with you once the sedan is launched on May 16th.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:10 pm
"Originally posted by Neeraj_jindal"
Which is a better car to go for ? Toyota Yaris or Honda Amaze ?

Both cars belong to different segments. Hence, it's quite to hard to compare the two. The Honda Amaze will definitely be more affordable than the Toyota since it's a sub-4 metre sedan and gets excise benefits for small cars.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:12 pm
"Originally posted by Nazar_Azeez"
HAI KARTHIK,I AM HAPPY CUSTOMER OF AMAZE 1.5 SMT (I-DTEC) 2013 MODEL.LET ME KNOW PERFORMANCE AND PRICE RANGE OF AUTO MODEL DIESEL.THANK YOU,NAZAR

I had a lot of concerns regarding the diesel and CVT combo. That was until i drove it. Honda has capped the power and torque of the engine for the CVT variant, because the diesel makes a lot of it. At 160Nm it is still 50Nm more than the petrol. The CVT uses the torque which is available from low revs to give you excellent drivability. I was taken aback by how responsive it was. Lag, unless you are at highway speeds, you will barely feel it! It's a definite thumbs up for it as a frugal city commuter that you can use for the occasional weekend trips too.
Hope that helps!
Fire away with any other queries that you might have!
  • 7 May 2018, 9:12 pm
"Originally posted by Shailesh_Jagtap"
Give the detailed model wise features.

• 7 May 2018, 9:14 pm
"Originally posted by kiran_Prasanth"
What is the petrol CVT milage according to ARAI??

he mileage as claimed by Honda is 19.5kpl(Manual)/19kpl (CVT) for the petrol variant.
  • 7 May 2018, 9:14 pm
"Originally posted by kiran_Prasanth"
What is the approx EXSHOWROOM price of VCVT Diesel variant??

• 14 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

Hi Kartikeya,
No Customer reviews yet but yes initial expert reviews and car reviews are good. I was waiting for this one and took a test drive. No wonder car is spacious from inside and good for a 9.5 cost car since reviews state that the engine is good and better. Contrary to that polo Gt (which is no doubt superior) but costs 11 which is extremely high.
But disappointed with two things. I loved old Amaze look but there were some features missing including Hill Assist so was waiting for new Amaze.
But New Amaze is very bulky wrt looks, I am really not liking Amaze exterior. Earlier it had Aero dynamic shape now changed to a bulky one.
Hill Assist is still missing so feel should have bought old Amaze as even looks are disappointing now.
I had thought I would be booking New Amaze as soon as it is launched but this has again impacted my decision.
I could have gone without hill assist as there is no point expecting it in below 10 car maybe. But looks not sure why Honda felt this is better than the one Amaze sported earlier.
Can you comment/guide please.
Also took test drive of Etios but it does not have Auto version which is a big negative plus has old features again which is not good. Liked the look of the car though and is a sedan in 9.4, plus is Aero Dynamic. Polo as I mentioned no use as cost is really too very high. Now the only other option is New Honda Jazz which is expected by month end.
Can you please share your point of view here aswell. If I have to choose bet New Amaze and New Jazz.
Overall your perspective please. Or then better to wait for any new launch.
Awaiting your update.
Thanks and Regards,
Reshma
  • 25 Jul 2018, 9:06 pm
Hi Kartikeya,
No Customer reviews yet but yes initial expert reviews and car reviews are good. I was waiting for this one and took a test drive. No wonder car is spacious from inside and good for a 9.5 cost car since reviews state that the engine is good and better. Contrary to that polo Gt (which is no doubt superior) but costs 11 which is extremely high.
But disappointed with two things. I loved old Amaze look but there were some features missing including Hill Assist so was waiting for new Amaze.
But New Amaze is very bulky wrt looks, I am really not liking Amaze exterior. Earlier it had Aero dynamic shape now changed to a bulky one.
Hill Assist is still missing so feel should have bought old Amaze as even looks are disappointing now.
I had thought I would be booking New Amaze as soon as it is launched but this has again impacted my decision.
I could have gone without hill assist as there is no point expecting it in below 10 car maybe. But looks not sure why Honda felt this is better than the one Amaze sported earlier.
Can you comment/guide please.
Also took test drive of Etios but it does not have Auto version which is a big negative plus has old features again which is not good. Liked the look of the car though and is a sedan in 9.4, plus is Aero Dynamic. Polo as I mentioned no use as cost is really too very high. Now the only other option is New Honda Jazz which is expected by month end.
Can you please share your point of view here aswell. If I have to choose bet New Amaze and New Jazz.
Overall your perspective please. Or then better to wait for any new launch.
Awaiting your update.
Thanks and Regards,
Reshma

Fourth Div