Next-Generation Swift: Pictures Leaked

Next-Generation Swift: Pictures Leaked

Next-Generation Swif..

• 18 Mar 2016, 76739 Views

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 18 Mar 2016, 11:55 am ( 6 Photos )
Pictures of the upcoming third generation Maruti Suzuki Swift, was revealed at a dealer conference in Europe. These shots throw light on how the Swift will evolve, with respect to its current iteration in markets around the globe. After all these years, Swift is still the best-selling B-segment hatchback in India.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

The overall dimensions of the car looks similar, but the third-generation swift is based on Suzuki’s new C-platform. This platform which is significantly lighter, yet more rigid as Suzuki claims, is used in Baleno and the new Vitara Brezza. What has changed? The front fascia gets major updates, with a large hexagonal grille,re-designed headlamps with a lot of detailing , sporty fog lamp enclosures and heavily sculpted bumpers. The bonnet is significantly shorter with bulges near the fender, which gives it a sporty appeal.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

The overall design on car is retained with only the C-pillar getting blacked-out to give it a floating-roof effect (like seen in the new VItara Brezza). The rear door handles have been shifted to the C-pillar. Though, I am not a big fan of it!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

The new-gen Swift loses those lovely curves at the rear, it’s more angular now. New taillights, re-designed bumpers with black diffuser and twin exhausts pipes. All these tend to give it a more mature look. I don't think that will complement its sportier character.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

The interior gets a major revamp, with all of the old panels being ditched to make way for a more contemporary looking cabin. New flat-bottomed steering wheel, circular AC vents and knobs, sportier twin-pod instrument cluster and touchscreen infotainment system makes the cabin looks fresh and modern! Body coloured metal accents are also seen on the dashboard, which looks cool!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

The new generation Swift might get that much more legroom, as it is based on the new platform. The engine options, though too early to predict, might be the updated 1.2 K-Series petrol motor. The diesel is likely to be Maruti Suzuki’s home-grown 1.5 litre diesel (100PS* +) that is being developed. As the Swift was always pitted as a true driver’s delight, the 1.0 litre booster-jet petrol engine is which produces close to 110PS of power is also expected to make it in to the new Swift!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

These range of powerful engines will help Maruti Suzuki in India rival Ford Figo, Honda Jazz (all of it gets a 100PS+ diesel motor!). Moreover, it will help the Maruti to pit the new Swift as a more sportier option, and differentiate it from its own offering, the Baleno. Gradually, Baleno is eating in to the Swift's sales figures in India. Expect even better driving dynamics and improved handling. I am a huge fan of the Swift, right from its launch. Come on Maruti Suzuki! The new gen-Swift is slated for an early 2017 launch in India.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 768

• 18 Mar 2016, 12:31 pm
The Swift has been constantly updated with the new platforms. This time, its a great move that they are moving forward with the new lighter platform on the Baleno. The rear looks quite similar to the Baleno especially the tail lamp and the hatch lid.The side profile seems untouched other than the rear door handle being placed next to the rear widow. The interiors are quite an improvement, and it finally looks like Maruti is going ahead with an entirely new design style when it comes to the interiors. The steering looks sporty and the instrument panel is also entirely different from the ones on the present generation. The hexagonal grill is good to go with the new design style adopted by new cars but they could have reduced the slant in the roof. This would have made the rear window bigger and the rear seat less claustrophobic.

NikilSJ

Total Posts: 2343

• 18 Mar 2016, 12:44 pm
"Originally posted by Arjun"
The hexagonal grill is good to go with the new design style adopted by new cars but they could have reduced the slant in the roof. This would have made the rear window bigger and the rear seat less claustrophobic.
I hope those twin exhaust pipes make it to the final car. Like Arjun said, the problem with the last two generations was the small windows at the back. It felt very claustrophobic sitting in the back and that was a bummer during long distance trips.

JijoMalayil

• 29 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm ( 1 Photo )
Take a look at this rendering of the next gen-Swift, created by Shoeb R Kalania for Indian Autos Blog.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 29 Mar 2016, 12:34 pm
"Originally posted by JijoMalayil"
Take a look at this rendering of the next gen-Swift, created by Shoeb R Kalania for Indian Autos Blog.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7118[/ATTACH]
While I do like some of the renderings that SRK has done in the past, I don't think this one is quite spot on. Look at the first post, and you will see a significant difference to the front end. The new Swift has a shark-like front with a wide open grille, while the render does not capture that.

NikilSJ

• 31 Mar 2016, 3:34 pm ( 5 Photos )
The next generation Swift has been caught testing. Check out the images courtesy Carscoops.com

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 31 Mar 2016, 7:48 pm ( 1 Photo )
First
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->

and I'm not liking the new renderings/leaked images even a bit. Personally I like it when a new generation of any car looks radically different from its predecessor - it feels like cheating when designers say that 'they took inspiration' and 'it harks back to the legacy of the older car' and shit like that. Give us something new! The 2004-2011 Swift was the best looking IMO - Suzuki, get over it and give us something properly new!

NikilSJ

• 1 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm
MotuSid what about the Ignis then. Don't you think it's a good design and something quirky from Maruti Suzuki?

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

• 1 Apr 2016, 1:43 pm
"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
MotuSid what about the Ignis then. Don't you think it's a good design and something quirky from Maruti Suzuki?
Love it. That is what I am talking about - a completely new design from the ground up. Do it every time you (I'm talking to a hypothetical Maruti top-level management guy here) launch a 'new' car and I will be impressed - and probably put my money where my mouth is and buy the damn car.

JijoMalayil

• 11 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm
Maruti Suzuki Swift sales surpass 5 million units globally, of which 54% was sold in the Indian market. Launched in 2004, it took 11 years to achieve this feat!

JijoMalayil

• 13 Apr 2016, 11:07 am ( 1 Photo )
A rendering done by a Japanese magazine of the next-gen Swift. I really like this yellow shade and those black alloys! The rear three-quarter angle looks nice right?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_8## -->

sm11s

First Gear

Member: 11 Apr, 2016

Total Posts: 3

• 15 Apr 2016, 10:48 am
What is the expected increase in the cost of new swift? Would it get projector headlamps?

kaiserketkar

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 403

• 15 Apr 2016, 11:21 am
I feel the new Swift has got the design features right and will look much better in person than it does in these cropped images.Progressive improvement.
I don't like the front grille & bumper treatment though. Suzuki never that that right... always either looks like some other companies or simply oddball.

JijoMalayil

• 15 Apr 2016, 11:34 am
"Originally posted by sm11s"
What is the expected increase in the cost of new swift? Would it get projector headlamps?
Expect a slight premium, say about 15-20 thousand rupees over the current variants. The new-generation Swift should get projector lamps and DRLs, at least on the top variant!

NikilSJ

• 2 May 2016, 10:57 am ( 3 Photos )
More spy shots of the next generation Suzuki Swift have emerged online courtesy Auto Plus. The 2017 Swift is likely to be offered with three engine options - a 1.2-litre petrol DUALJET, a 1.0-litre Boosterjet from the Baleno and a new diesel engine developed by Suzuki. The Swift Sport version is likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre Boosterjet available internationally on the bigger Vitara SUV.
The front-end of the next-generation Swift looks a lot like the renderings seen above.

The rear door handles are placed on the C-Pillar.

JijoMalayil

• 11 May 2016, 10:41 am
Suzuki has confirmed that the next-gen Swift hatch will be produced at their new upcoming Becharaji, Gujarat plant. The new plant will be wholly owned by Suzuki which has invested Rs 2,500 crore on it.
And in other news, the current Swift is slated to get the AMT treatment by the year end. Dzire got it recently in its diesel variant. Maruti Suzuki reportedly sold more than 54,000 AMT vehicles in 2015-16

NikilSJ

• 16 May 2016, 3:17 pm ( 2 Photos )
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been caught testing again. This time in Crottet, France. The 2017 Swift, in all likelihood, could premier at the Paris Motor Show this year. Based on the same platform as the Baleno, the new Swift is likely to be 50-70 kg lighter than the current car.
The 2017 Suzuki Swift next to a Citroen Xsara Picasso in Crottet, France.

NikilSJ

• 1 Jun 2016, 12:48 pm ( 1 Photo )
More details on the next-generation Swift set to be launched in 2017 have arrived. The Euro-spec 2017 Suzuki Swift will continue to have a ‘Sport’ variant and it’ll be powered by the K14C-DITC 1.4-litre BOOSTERJET turbo-charged four-cylinder petrol engine. This engine develops 138.07hp and a diesel-like 220Nm of peak torque. This is the same engine that powers the Vitara SUV in international markets. This engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The ‘Sport’ variant will also feature a sporty body kit and some weight saving measures. It is expected to have a faster more responsive steering to go with the sporty character as well. The Suzuki Swift Sport will be launched in Europe in the second half of 2017.

Picture courtesy: Indianautosblog.com

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 15 Jun 2016, 1:41 pm ( 1 Photo )
NikilSJ, found some more images of the all-new Swift being tested in Italy. Courtesy ; Indian Autos Blog. It supposed to be based on the light and rigid Baleno platform
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_9## -->

The rear quarter design is very close to the rendering floating around and the alloys are the ones seen on the current Baleno, 16 inchers.
My question here is that why is Suzuki constantly testing their cars in Europe? I think India is one of the largest volume markets for the Swift, along with some other South-East Asian nations. Logic says they should tested in conditions which they would encounter, such as ; roads with only potholes, brake test when a cow jumps in front of you etc. Testing them on the flat, smooth tarmac there won't really tell you much about the car.

NikilSJ

• 15 Jun 2016, 1:51 pm
CorsaVeloce the Swift is one of Suzuki's best selling vehicle in the UK and rest of Europe. Maybe the manufacturer wants it to be perfect for European conditions this time around. I'm sure Maruti Suzuki will soon start testing the next-gen Swift in our country as well and that this version will have a revised steering and suspension setting to cope with our conditions. Why else do you think they've been testing the IGNIS here for sometime now when the car has been on sale for more than six months in Japan.

NikilSJ

• 28 Jun 2016, 12:49 pm ( 2 Photos )
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift was caught testing again, this time in Germany and courtesy of AutoWeek.nl. The next-generation Swift is likely to makes its international debut later this year and will arrive in India in 2017. From the leaked images, it is clear that the design of the next-gem Swift is more evolutionary than revolutionary. It retains familiar styling cues from the current-generation Swift but also gets new elements like a larger, more gaping grille, new headlights with projector units, a floating roof impression, new allow wheel design and new tail lamps as well.

As JijoMalayil and I have mentioned before, the next-generation Swift will be based on the Baleno platform. Sharing the platform with the Baleno means that the next-generation Swift could be at least 50kg lighter than the current-generation hatchback. This weight lose should boost the Swift’s performance and fuel economy too.

Internationally, the next-gen Swift is likely to come with the 1.0-litre Boosterjet turbocharged petrol engine that will soon make it’s Indian debut in the Baleno RS. The other option is like to be Suzuki’s 1.25-litre DualJet naturally aspirated engine with SHVS mild hybrid technology. However, the Indian version will come with the same power plant as before - a 1.2-litre four-cylinder K-Series petrol engine and the 1.3-litre four cylinder DDiS engine sourced from Fiat.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

• 28 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm
My source in Maruti claims that the 2017 Swift will be launched in India by the first quarter of 2017. I hope he is right, I am getting excited for the new one.

Rhythem Raswant

BassHead

Member: 04 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 90

• 28 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm
Waiting for the new Swift

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

• 28 Jun 2016, 1:33 pm
"Originally posted by Rhythem Raswant"
Waiting for the new Swift
Will you replacing yours with the new one?

Rhythem Raswant

BassHead

Member: 04 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 90

• 28 Jun 2016, 4:41 pm
MotuSid
I might give it a thought if they come up with a similar red color as my swift's :P

JijoMalayil

• 27 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm ( 3 Photos )
The interiors of the next-gen Swift was spied and looks more or less similar to the sketches posted above. The all black theme with a panel of brushed aluminum in the center. Rotary air-vents in center and circular ones at the side, twin pod instrument cluster with an coloured MID placed in between. Don't miss out those rotary air-con controls below. That chunky flat-bottomed steering wheel looks sporty! What is missing is the touch-panel in the central console. Looks like a mid-level variant then.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_10## -->

The grille is now wider and hexagonal, whereas the headlamps have shrunk in size and have become slightly stubbier. Notice the projector headlamps and LED DRLs.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_11## -->

The profile reminds me of the first-gen Swift. Definitely the new one has definitely grown in dimensions. The rear door handle has been moved upto to the window (like in Chevy Beat)
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_12## -->

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

• 28 Jul 2016, 5:53 pm
I see a lot of brake dust on the front wheel in that last photo

JijoMalayil

• 25 Aug 2016, 10:52 am ( 2 Photos )
The next-generation Swift Sport was spied for the first time in Europe. Seen are those dual exhaust outlets, bigger air dams, and body skirts compared to the stock version.

The new Swift Sport is likely to come with Suzuki’s new Boosterjet 1.4 litre engine . The 1.4-litre motor produces a healthy 140PS @ 5,500rpm and a peak torque of 220 Nm @ 1500-4000 rpm. In all probability, the next-generation Swift is expected to make its world debut at the upcoming 2016 Paris Motor Show in October, while the Swift Sport is likely to be introduced in 2017.

Image: motor1.com

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 587

• 25 Aug 2016, 11:37 am
The 1.4-litre Boosterjet model, when it finally arrives in India, will definetly be downsized to 1.2-litre or probably have the 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine from the yet to be launched Baleno RS as the powertrains and a lot of parts are shared between these cars. I want the dual exhausts to stay, it looks cool and will be the first in its segment to have it. The torque figure for the 1.4-litre engine @220Nm is the same as that of the 1.4-litre diesel engine of the i20, thats 20Nm more than Maruti's 1.3-litre DDiS with higher tune (90ps 200Nm). Quite impressive. This engine if launched has the potential to kill off all the performance hatches in the country today. The Suzuki Swift badge will make it sell like hot cakes unlike say what happened to the FIAT Punto Abarth.

NikilSJ

• 25 Aug 2016, 12:56 pm
Definitely JOY MRC, although I think Maruti will go for the 1.0-litre Boosterjet from the Baleno RS. Plonking the three-cylinder seems like a cheaper alternative than going through the process of downsizing an engine I think.
The dual exhaust looks damn cool and hopefully will sound good too with a light burble on lift off (wishful thinking!). Even with the 1.0-litre engine, I think the Swift Sport will be plenty quick as the car won't weigh as much. I expect it to be lighter than the Baleno's 865-890 kg. Even though having the Swift nameplate makes it a guaranteed seller, I do hope the price tag won't go above the Rs 10 lakh mark though.

JOY MRC

• 25 Aug 2016, 4:04 pm

"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
Definitely JOY MRC, although I think Maruti will go for the 1.0-litre Boosterjet from the Baleno RS. Plonking the three-cylinder seems like a cheaper alternative than going through the process of downsizing an engine I think.
The dual exhaust looks damn cool and hopefully will sound good too with a light burble on lift off (wishful thinking!). Even with the 1.0-litre engine, I think the Swift Sport will be plenty quick as the car won't weigh as much. I expect it to be lighter than the Baleno's 865-890 kg. Even though having the Swift nameplate makes it a guaranteed seller, I do hope the price tag won't go above the Rs 10 lakh mark though.
I agree. From a logical viewpoint, the Swift should not cost more than their so called 'premium' offering Baleno RS. Two ways out of this is they sell the updated Sport via Nexa (which is unlikely) or increase prices of the Baleno (hope Maruti isn't reading this) to maintain the premium image. Exhaust note should be sweet like all Suzuki petrol's. Even if the burble is given a miss, an aftermarket exhaust will fix it in a jiffy. We can also make both the exhaust pipes functional if Maruti decides to make one a dummy pipe.

Arvind Fluidic

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 150

• 11 Oct 2016, 9:28 pm ( 2 Photos )
AlVolante.it has once again posted the spy images of 2017 Suzuki Swift, spotted doing test rounds in Italy.

A report in Indian Auto Blog states that the new 2017 Suzuki Swift for India, will continue with the current 1.2 litre petrol engine mated to the SHVS (Hybrid Technology) and the 1.3 litre diesel engine, also with the SHVS technology, although both the engines will be tweaked and revamped to face competitions. A more powerful engine is also expected at a later stage!!

NikilSJ

• 8 Dec 2016, 3:05 pm ( 1 Photo )
The next-generation Swift was caught undisguised this time. So how does it look naked?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_13## -->

Look good doesn't it? To me, it looks like Suzuki designers have taken some inspiration from the Jaguar F-Type, especially the grille. The bumpers look sporty too with a small lip. The headlights have now got DRLs like the Baleno and overall profile looks sharper than before. The blacked out A-pillar is a Swift signature. If you look closely, you'll notice that there is a small black portion on the C-pillar that extends into the rear windscreen. The Vitara Brezza was the first Suzuki that received this new design element. The bonnet is flatter and, at the front, it looks higher than the current versions' too/ The doors, on the other hand, looks the same as before.
Sure, this doesn't look as good as the renders that appeared a couple of months back. But it must be noted that the older renders were for the Swift Sport version which, in all likelihood, will be launched in India this time around.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 8 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm
NikilSJ
I don't know if it's just me, but the new generation Swift at first glance looks a bit like Hyundai's Elite i20 and a bit like the Ford Figo. The trouble with Suzuki from what I can see is that there is no consistent design language, like other manufacturers follow. Suzuki goes with various styles of grilles and does not stick to a fixed styling. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Look at all other manufacturers, even those like Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra! They too have tried to have common elements across all the products they make, so when you look at it, you know it's a car from that manufacturer. One of the prominent features is the grille of the car and most manufacturers make that a defining characteristic of their design. But not Suzuki. Don't believe me? Take a look at the new face-lifted Suzuki S-Cross (See this: https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...ross-showcased). I think I still like the current generation Swift and the 1st generation one. The new one seems to be trying too hard.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 27 Dec 2016, 11:43 am ( 9 Photos )
More images of the new-generation Swift have surfaced from the car's brochure in Japan. I stand by what I said about the new Swift not looking very original. However, take a look at the photos and decide for yourself if this design is an evolution of the older Swift or a revolution in itself.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_14## -->

The car looks part Figo, part i20 if you ask me. The design language does not look Suzuki at all. It has retained the Swift silhouette.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_15## -->

The kink above the rear fender and moving the rear door handle to the C-pillar quarter panel doesn't seem like a great idea.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_16## -->

The rear is distinctly Swift. Doesn't seem all that different and is fairly instantly recognisable. Although, the tail-lamps are a little more squared off now.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_17## -->

It looks like a two-door from this angle because the rear door handle has been moved to the quarter panel.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_18## -->

The rear fender bulges outward a lot more, giving this hatchback a notch-back like look.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_19## -->

All black interiors continue. The rear looks slightly more spacious than the current generation car, at least in photos.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_20## -->

An all new design for the dashboard. One can see full-keyless operation with push button start, touchscreen infotainment system which looks similar to the one in the Baleno. Round central AC vents and round AC controls, with rectangular side vents. The car shown here is an automatic. The steering mounted controls look smart - it has scroll type controls like the VW cars.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_21## -->

Red detailing on the gauges. The fuel and temperature gauges sit within the tacho and speedometer gauges. MID screen looks good - probably will function similar to the one in the Baleno.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_22## -->

Boot space seems slightly more than the current generation Swift. However, rough back of the envelope calculations peg it at about 225 litres - so it's likely to be similar to the current car.

NikilSJ

• 3 Jan 2017, 1:26 pm ( 1 Photo )
The 2017 Swift will make its global debut at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The fourth generation of the popular hatchback was unveiled in Japan a couple of days back. The design of the new Swift has split opinions here on the forum. While some like the new design, others say it looks like a cross between the Ford Figo and the Hyundai Grand i10.
Autocar India reported that the Suzuki Swift Sport hot hatchback will finally make its way to India in late-2017 or early-2018. The Sport variant will feature a sportier body kit, rear diffuser, dual exhaust outlets and a rear roof spoiler. X-Tomi Design has rendered what the next-generation Swift-Sport could look like. Looks good doesn’t it?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_23## -->

On the inside, the Swift Sport is likely to feature a black theme with chrome or aluminium inserts to give it a more sporty look. The Autocar India report says that the Swift Sport is likely to come with the 1.4-litre turbocharged Boosterjet engine that makes 140PS of power. This engine powers the Suzuki Vitara in international markets. However, I have a feeling that Maruti Suzuki India Limited will plonk the 1.0-litre turbocharged Boosterjet engine that will make its debut in the Baleno RS in a couple of months. This three-cylinder turbocharged engine makes 110PS. The reason I feel so is that MSIL may position the Swift Sport below the Baleno RS. Only time will tell what the exact specifications of the Swift Sport is going to be. For more details and discussion on the new Swift Sport, click here.

NikilSJ

• 3 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm ( 1 Photo )
Crossover hatchbacks are becoming more and more popular in the country these days. The Fiat Punto Avventura, Hyundai i20 Activ and the Toyota Etios Cross were very popular when they were launched. This love for crossovers may prompt Maruti Suzuki to introduce a crossover version of the new Swift that was unveiled in Japan a couple of days back. X-Tomi Design has rendered what the crossover version of the Swift could look like.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_24## -->

The Swift Crossover in the image above gets increased ground clearance, silver garnish on the bumpers, silver roof rails and black plastic body cladding. If ever Maruti Suzuki decides on making a crossover version, I would like them to take some inspiration from this. Personally, I’m not a fan of crossover hatchbacks. This design by X-Tomi design, however, is quite subtle and viable for production as well. So if you were planning to buy a Hyundai i20 Activ or a Fiat Punto Avventura, I would suggest you wait for a couple of months to get this instead.

JOY MRC

• 4 Jan 2017, 5:38 pm ( 2 Photos )
The design of the new Swift has split opinions here on the forum. While some like the new design, others say it looks like a cross between the Ford Figo and the Hyundai Grand i10.[/SIZE]
Well, Whenever I see this car I simply can't shake the image of a Datsun GO from my mind. I'm not Joking even the rear tail light shape is a lot similar. It feels like the GO child was adopted by a mediocre family and the Swift baby by a fancy family [Both are not going to win any beauty contests sadly]. People did make fun of the First gen Swift(Like with many Maruti models) when it was first launched , related it to a Frog. But it outsells everything in its segment till date. the same thing will repeat with this car too I guess.

NikilSJ

• 18 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm ( 15 Photos )
Suzuki unveils Swift Racer RS
The 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon that took place last week saw the premiere of a sporty version of the next-generation Swift called the Swift Racer RS. The new Swift was launched officially in the Japanese market on the 4th of January, 2017.

The Suzuki Swift Racer RS that you see here features the colour scheme and team livery of the Suzuki Ecstar MotoGP team. The blue and neon green livery along with the 17-inch allow wheels with neon pinstripes and an aftermarket racing exhaust makes the Swift Racer RS sporty.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_25## -->

The Suzuki Ecstar MotoGP team livery really suits the Swift no?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_26## -->

The neon green amkes the Swift look like it's wearing a high visibility jacket!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_27## -->

LED headlamps and DRLs will make it to the standard variant that will be launched in India as well
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_28## -->

JOY MRC , you are right after all. The rear does look like a
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_29## -->

The taillamps get LEDs now
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_30## -->

The 17-inch wheels get the neon green pinstripe as well. Looks gorgeous, those wheels.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_31## -->

An aftermarket racing exhaust on the Racer RS.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_32## -->

Somehow, I don't like the way the rear ends on this version of the Swift. The first generation had the best butt in my opinion.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_33## -->

The rear door handles are mounted on the C-pillar.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_34## -->

The interior has been stripped out and now gets 4-point racing harness, 6-point roll bar, Recaro bucket seats, multifunction tachometer, metal gear knob and racing pedals.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_35## -->

The aftermarket tachometer stands out and looks odd if you ask me. The new steering wheel looks like it has been borrowed from a modern Audi
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_36## -->

Anyone know where to get gear knobs like these in India?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_37## -->

The Recaro bucket seats and 6-point roll cage
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_38## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_39## -->

The Swift Racer RS is based on the Suzuki Swift RS that is currently available in Japan with two engine options - the K12C 1.2-litre Dualjet VVT four-cylinder petrol engine producing 91PS and 118Nm and the K10C Boosterjet VVT three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 102PS and 150Nm. However, there are no plans of launching this version in the near future - not even as a limited edition model. The good news, however, is that Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is mulling on bringing the Suzuki Swift Sport to India a couple of months after the standard Swift is launched. Read more about that here:

NikilSJ

• 9 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm
It seems like Maruti Suzuki won't be launching the next-generation Swift by Diwali like I thought they would. Latest reports say that the Swift will only be launched at next year's Auto Expo. Maybe they want to sell as many units of the Ignis before the Swift is launched and call the micro-SUV a success.

Fourth Div