ICE Upgrade For Premier Rio CRDi4 Poll

ICE Upgrade For Premier Rio CRDi4 Poll

ICE Upgrade For Prem..

• 04 Mar 2016, 1393 Views

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 4 Mar 2016, 1:14 pm
As some of you might know i had installed a Xenos ORCA-A 2 DIN system on my car.I got a bit bored with it and for fun posted an ad on olx just to see the response for such a device.To my surprise since my item was relatively new with service centers around,i was flocked with calls and the deal was done just like that...
Moral of the Story - OLX is not kidding about the 'Bech de' Ad.It does work
Now because of this incident,I dont have phone connectivity,rev cam display or sat-nav(Ununsed) in my car.I have installed my old Esteem's AUZO CD Player +(USB)FM Transmitter temporarily to listen to tunes.and first thing i notice is that the (bass,treble) quality is better in the AUZO and the subwoofer sounds better with this setup than with my Xenos which was a bit MID oriented(Voice boosted even with custom EQ setting)
So i have decided to buy a decent 2 DIN system for my car without breaking the bank(Again).i cant live without phone connectivity and rev cam-in but sat nav is more or less a good to have feature.I am confused with the following models and hence decided to start a poll with my fellow Zigwheel-ians
I will try and list out what i like with each product if it helps..
Clarion AX1- +VE's-Japanese(Parent-Hitachi),Good Quality Audio,Video,Android OS,WiFi,Sat-nav and what not..Fully loaded device of all listed here.sticker price of 57k but getting for 20k.
-VE-NO WARRANTY,Does not support .mkv files
More Info-http://www.clarion.com/in/en/products-personal/multimedia/AX1/index.html
Clarion VX402A-+VE's-Japanese(Parent-Hitachi),Proprietary OS,Good Quality Audio,Video,2 yr manufacturer warranty,15k price
-VE - All goodies expect sat-nav,Doesnot support .mkv files
More Info-http://www.clarion.com/in/en/products-personal/multimedia/VX402A/
Pioneer 289BT/2890BT-+VE-Great Sound Quality(Pioneer has the best in sound quality in my previous experience's),Video Playback,Mirror-link facility for sat nav and other phone apps(Z3-My phone has mirrorlink facility which i've discovered just now :P ),Looks cool,Proprietary OS
-VE - 2yr warranty is not valid for online purchases()snapdeal price is 16k shop quote over 18k,No sat-nav,Mirror link makes the device super laggy.Doesnot support .mkv files
More Info-https://pioneer-india.in/product/avh-289bt/
Pioneer 1790DVD-+VE-Great Sound Quality(Pioneer has the best in sound quality in my previous experience's),Video Playback,Mirror-link facility,Lucrative online price of 11.6k from 19k mrp .Looks good.
-VE - 2yr warranty is not valid for online purchases(),pretty basic model does not even have Bluetooth,Mirror-link has to be done to do even phone calls which is inconvenient,Does not support .mkv files
More Info-https://pioneer-india.in/product/avh-x1790dvd/
Blaupunkt LV530-+VE-Good Sound Quality,Video Playback,Bluetooth,External microphone,1year warranty,online price of 13.7k from 19k mrp
-VE-Looks a bit old fashioned,screen quality is average at best,limited video playback formats,NO sat-nav option
More Info-http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/car-radio/products/single/7579/
Sony 68BT- +VE-Good Sound Quality,Mirror-link facility,Bluetooth,Good screen quality,1 year warranty,online price 14.7k from 20k mrp
-VE- No info on Sony website means it may be discontinued,Look like the blaupunkt(boring),a bit pricey for what it is.Limited video playback formats
MMI ICENAV 101- +VE-Mapmyindia Sat Nav,phone connectivity,rev cam in and many features like any other Chinese 2 DIN,1year warranty,Looks good
-VE-online 16.3k price from 19k mrp(too high for what is essentially a re branded Chinese system),Deckless(NO CD/DVD Drive),Mapmyindia has a tendency to launch new models every fortnight and discontinue existing models,so long term support uncertainty.
More Info-http://www.mapmyindia.com/store/icenav-101-buy-and-review
I am totally lost at this point and i have short listed these models from the ocean of other devices.Why i have included Clarion is becuase we had one cassette player(Imported) in our old Ambassador which was really abuse friendly and trouble free even when the car was rusted out .
Help me pick one guys...

JOY MRC

• 4 Mar 2016, 1:22 pm ( 2 Photos )
Time travel is possible...
Earlier(2014)CD/DVD/MP3/USB/Bluetooth/SAT-NAV/COMPASS/HDTV/REV CAM etc ...

Now(2016)CD Player with remote ...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

Hence Proven...

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 4 Mar 2016, 1:27 pm
I have seen the demo of the Clarion AX1. I had attended the launch of this Android based infotainment system and it is pretty phenomenal. The advantage you would have with an Android based system is that when you use Google Maps on the system, you can also enable traffic updates. That, and the ability to add so many more apps make an Android based infotainment system the ideal upgrade. Getting it for 20k? That's a steal. Go for it.

JOY MRC

• 6 Mar 2016, 12:49 pm
Decided to go for the Clarion AX1.Thanks for the advice Roshun

JOY MRC

• 6 Aug 2016, 5:51 pm ( 15 Photos )
Long term update : The Clarion AX1 turned out to be a pain in the 'you know where' It was full of bugs as this was clarions first shot at building an android car head unit.After using it for a couple of days and a lot of software updates later,The stereo would still crash and restart at times with certain apps and the shop took it back and refunded me the cost.Then I went back to Mapmyindia ICENAV 501 Wince based system. but sold it immediately as once you get to use Android devices,going back to stock Windows CE simply wouldn't cut it.Looked at many and finally purchased one called Exilis droidET.It was an South Indian based company which effectively is a rebranded chinese device like everything out there but the built quality,customer reviews and warranty factor made me go for it.3 months later,I don't regret my decision.Detailed ownership post will be out soon,But a Quick Review can be found HERE.
Meanwhile I have some pics of the Clarion AX1. People of the world,if you see one for sale,Kindly avoid it No matter how sweet the deals may be.
This is how it will look on your console...

The Front End...

Side Fans for extra cooling...

No...I didn't pay the full price.Way Way less

The Harness.Notice the High Speed USB Transfer Cable like with Portable Hard disk's...

Notice the HDMI Port

More Photos

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 9 Aug 2016, 5:52 am
That is good feedback on the Clarion AX1 JOY MRC. Sorry that it was a bad system. The company should seriously work on improving it if it wants to make a mark in Android infotainment. Good that the shop took it back though. Looking forward to an update on the new set up you have.

JOY MRC

• 9 Aug 2016, 10:56 am
Roshun
Already did a quick review on my new setup.you can read it HERE. Its been over 2 months now and there are no issues to report,Thank god.
An active WiFi connection and Playstore/youtube can make boring waiting time in the car quite interesting

Fourth Div