Auto Expo 2016: Tata Hexa unveiled, launch soon

Auto Expo 2016: Tata Hexa unveiled, launch soon

Auto Expo 2016: Tata..

• 11 Feb 2016, 27335 Views

NikilSJ

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2354

• 11 Feb 2016, 11:29 am ( 17 Photos )
Tata Motors unveiled the all-new Hexa SUV at the 13th Auto Expo in Greater Noida. The Hexa, when launched in likely to compete with Mahindra’s XUV 500 and Toyota’s upcoming Innova Crysta. The Hexa, thanks to its butch and rugged looks, will be aimed at car buyers who want the practicality of an MPV but need the street presence of an SUV. In that sense, the Tata Hexa hits the sweet spot as not only does it look tough, it will come with All-Wheel Drive as an option for those brief off-road runs.
The Hexa looks like a proper hunk. That model though, not so much
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

What you’ll like about the Tata Hexa
  • The butch design that means business
  • Shift-on-fly All-wheel drive with Terrain Response System borrowed from Land Rover
  • Premium interior
  • ConnectNext Infotainment system developed by Harman
  • Automatic climate control on middle and top variant
  • 154bhp of max power and 400Nm of peak torque
  • 6-speed manual and AMT option available
  • Driving modes
  • 6- and 7-seater option
What you won’t like about the Tata Hexa
  • Steering wheel borrowed from the Zest/Bolt doesn’t look too premium
  • 5-inch screen for infotainment system seems to small for this segment
Exterior
The profile of the Tata Hexa may be quite familiar to some of you. That’s only because the Hexa is based on the now discontinued Tata Aria MPV. The Aria’s biggest failure was it’s van-like proportions. The design and the exorbitant price tag with which the Aria was launched was one of its biggest downfalls and led to poor sales. But one glance at the Hexa and you realise the amount of effort the designers at Tata have made to set the Hexa apart from the Aria. Gone is the van-like proportions. Instead, you get a very rugged looking SUV with a very functional-looking body cladding all around.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

At the front, the Hexa gets a completely reworked fascia when compared to the older Aria MPV. The Hexa gets a large chrome-lined grille with honeycomb pattern with a large ’T’ logo stuck bang in the middle. The bumpers are more squarish and chunkier than the Aria’s. The Hexa gets blackened-out headlamps with classy-looking projector headlamps. The LED day-time running lights (DRLs) with chrome-surround are housed just above the fog lamps on the chunky bumper. The faux air intake on the bumper looks like a design element borrowed from the Tata-owned Range Rover cars. The air dam at the front is quite large and makes the Hexa look more rugged than the Aria.
The profile of the Hexa may be familiar with some of you. That's because the Hexa is based on the now discontinued Aria MPV. The designers have done a splendid job in making the Hexa look less van-like and body cladding and wide wheel arches lend the Hexa a very tough look
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

The clamshell bonnet with a muscular bulge running down the middle adds to the Hexa's imposing street presence. The Hexa's design looks more cohesive than it's main rival - Mahindra's XUV500. The front is more squarish than the Aria's too.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

Here is a shot of the older Aria for comparison

The Hexa gets projector headlamps as standard
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

The LED DRLs and fog lamps are housed in the faux air dam. The overall design feels like it's been lifted off a Land Rover
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

Don't they look a lot like the ones on the Land Rover Discovery Sport below

I guess it's only right since Tata owns Jaguar Land Rover!
The bonnet gets a clamshell design with muscular bulges running right through the middle. The front fascia, in my opinion, is more butch than Mahindra’s XUV 500 and I’d gladly move out of the way if I see one barreling down the road on my rear view mirror. Unlike the XUV 500, there is no mishmash of design elements and looks more cohesive than its rival from Mahindra.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->

The XUV 500 certainly looks like a true blue SUV, the Hexa isn't bad either
A side-on shot reveals the gargantuan size of the Hexa. Since it shares the same platform as the Aria, the dimensions are pretty much the same. The Hexa measures 4,746mm in length, 1,895mm in width and an imposing 1,780mm in height. That means the Hexa is 160mm longer and 5mm wider than the XUV 500. The Mahindra SUV, however, stands a tad bit higher than the Hexa by 5mm.

But more than the dimensions, what grabbed my attention was the changes Tata has made to the side of the car to keep it apart from the Aria MPV. The changes are substantial, starting with the body cladding I mentioned before which are subtle and not too -in-your-face’.
The Aria looked too plain and the van-like proportions didn't help sales either
The Hexa previewed at the Auto Expo was shod with 19-inch wheels with 235/55 rubber. To me, these wheels looked quite large for the Hexa. In fact, it looked like something people would do to their cars on ‘Pimp My Ride’. Expect the final production variant of the Hexa to come with 18-inch wheels as standard with the top-end variant getting the option of 19-inchers.
19-inch wheels look too large. I'd rather prefer 18-inch wheels with chunky rubber
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_8## -->

Dual exhaust outlets scream for attention. This plus a wicked exhaust note should get the enthusiasts' heart pumping
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_9## -->

Tata will also equip the Hexa with ORVMs with integrated turn-indicators as that is the norm in the segment these days. Both the XUV 500 and the upcoming Toyota Innova Crysta will come equipped with ORVMs with turn indicators.

The Hexa’s glasshouse is identical to the Aria’s but to give it a different look, Tata has added a little kink finished in chrome at the C-pillar with the words ‘HEXA’ etched into it. The B, C, and D-pillar get the blackened-out treatment to give the roof a floating effect. The final effect is quite striking and manages to make the Hexa more premium that its rivals.
From the rear, the Hexa looks completely different from the Aria MPV it is based on. Gone are the Indica-like upward stacked tail lights. Instead, the Hexa gets all-new LED tail lamps that wraps around the rear. But the most noticeable feature at the rear are definitely the twin exhaust outlets that just screams for attention. Overall, Tata designers have done a splendid job in making the Hexa look rugged. The macho design is surely going to lure a lot of customers who would otherwise have considered buying the XUV 500. Most importantly though, the design is so un-MPVish that it makes the Toyotal Innova Crysta look like a jaded people carrier.
The Aria-roots are visible only from this angle. But the Hexa has enough elements to set it apart from its predecessor. The 'christmas tree' tail lights on the Aria has made way for a horizontally-placed tail lamps. The chrome bar connecting the tail lamps are a bit too garish in my opinion.
At the Auto Expo, Tata even showcased a special edition version of the SUV called Hexa Tuff. Tata says the Hexa Tuff is a personalised version aimed at “active lifestyle seekers” (read: off-rad enthusiasts). So what do you get on the Tuff variant?
  • A more muscular-looking body kit.
  • 3D mats on the inside
  • Head-up display
  • Tyre monitoring system
  • Navigation system
  • Cycle carrier
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_10## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_11## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_12## -->

Expect some of these features to make it to the top-end version of the Hexa as well.Images courtesy indianautosblog.com, team-bhp.com

NikilSJ

• 24 Feb 2016, 1:42 pm ( 15 Photos )
Interiors
The Hexa previewed at the Auto Expo came in a 6 seater format (2+2+2) although a seven seater version is also likely to make it to production. The interior quality of the Hexa is a couple of notches above the Aria’s. Tata has used premium materials like soft-touch plastic and chrome surround for the AC vents. The Hexa gets all-black treatment for the interiors. I am a big fan of cars with black interiors as they make the cabin look more cozy and also makes it feel sportier.
The Hexa will come with a 6- and 7-seater option. The captain chairs in the middle are comfortable and there is plenty of room to stretch your foot too.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_13## -->

The Hexa’s closest rival, the XUV500, received a mild update in 2015 with a two-tone scheme for the interiors. The upper portion getting the black treatment and the lower portion getting a beige tone. While that does make the cabin of the XUV 500 more airy, I am not a big fan of it. The Hexa appeals to me more because it feels less quirky inside compared to the XUV 500.
The XUV500's dashboard looks too busy in my opinion. Fit-and-finish of the cabin is decent but the Hexa's cabin is more appealing
As soon as you step inside the cabin, the first thing you tend to notice is the well designed and functional dashboard. The dashboard is an updated version of the one first seen on the Aria MPV. The left side of the dashboard gets soft-touch material and if you look closely you can even spot the word ‘HEXA’ etched into the material. The Hexa gets two glovboxes like the XUV 500, however, unlike the Mahindra, the Hexa gets a deep storage bin above the glove boxes as well. This bin is best used for keeping your mobile phone and other knick knacks.
The upper-half of the Hexa's dashboard is covered with soft touch plastics that feels great to touch. Fit-and-finish is far better than older Tata cars. Also note the words 'HEXA' engrained on the left side of the dashboard. The AC vents get a piano black surround and looks quite nice. But it will definitely be a fingerprint magnet though
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_14## -->

The steering wheel is borrowed from the Zest compact sedan and Bolt hatchback. Tata could have given the Hexa a better wheel to match its premium positioning
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_15## -->

The instrument cluster sits under a hooded binacle. An MID (multi-information display) between the speedo and tacho displays information ranging from trip meter, distance-to-empty, fuel level and also shows what doors are open at any given point of time
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_16## -->

The steering wheels is similar to the one found in the Zest, Bolt and the Tiago hatchback. This, I feel, is just not acceptable because a premium car like this begs for something more upmarket. I for one would feel shortchanged if my premium SUV had a steering wheel from a budget hatchback. But nonetheless, the Hexa’s steering wheel does get controls for the ICE (in-car entertainment) and bluetooth functions for phone calls. The instrument cluster sits under a hexagonal hood and looks classy. The MID (multi-information display) unit wedged between the tachometer and the speedometer is a coloured unit and shows all sorts of information like distance-to-empty, fuel level, trip meter and odometer. It cal also display which of the doors are open at any given time.
The five-inch screen for the ConnectNext infotainment system is way too small for a car this size. The XIV500 on the other hand gets a larger 7-inch screen
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_17## -->

The middle and top-end variant of the Hexa will get automatic climate control. The Terrain Response System can be controlled via the rotary knob just below the AC controls. A USB and Aux-in port is also part of standard equipment. The Hexa will come with two 12V chargers
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_18## -->

The AC vents on the side get a dull chrome finish. Expect Tata to offer the option of customising the colour of these surrounds like on the Tiago hatchback.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_19## -->

Note SD card slot under the infotainment system for storing navigation data and media. The Hexa also gets park assist and Hill Descent Control in the top-end trim
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_20## -->

AC vents get a 'Hexa'-gonal pattern and looks classy with metal rings for controlling air flow
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_21## -->

The ICE (in-car entertainment) in the Hexa is similar to the one found in the Zest and the Bolt. Called ConnectNext, the infotainment system was developed by Tata in conjunction with Harman. Having used the system for a fair amount of time on the Zest, I can confidently say that it is one of the most intuitive systems out there. Pairing a phone to the system takes barely a minute and the system also downloads all your contacts and messages for future use. The best part about the ConnectNext system though is the fact that it stays on even you switch your ignition off, say at like a traffic signal. The benefit of this is that the connected phone needn’t be paired again overtime you switch the ignition on. Also, it can play uninterrupted music even at a traffic signal.
However, Tata has overlooked the need for a bigger screen on a big SUV like the Hexa. So instead of a big 7-inch screen you’d normally find in rivals like the Mahindra XUV 500, you only get a tiny 5-inch screen for all your infotainment needs. But that said, Tata does give you a SD slot other than the standard USB and aux-in ports to access navigation data and also to store some tunes.
The AC vents on the Hexa are neatly designed and chrome surrounds. The rotary knobs to control the flow of air too look premium. The AC vents on the extreme left and right also get a metallic surround. Like the Tiago, these surrounds can either be specced in champagne silver or can even be had in same colour as the body like you get on the new Tiago hatchback.
Like its competition, the Tata Hexa will get automatic climate control on the middle and top-variant. But expect the lower-variant to get manual controls with rotary knobs for AC controls. Below the AC controls you’ll find a 12V charger next to the USB and aux-in slot. On the all wheel drive version, you’ll even find a control knob for the four different driving modes. The knob is quite similar to the Terrain Response System found on Land Rovers and Range Rovers. You can read more on the Terrain Response System here.

The middle row seats are quite large but knee room is a bit short. Best suited for kids rather than adults
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_22## -->

Boot space with the last row up is good enough for a weekend getaway...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_23## -->

Second row gets AC vents and a 12V charger as well
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_24## -->

The button on the right spoke of the steering wheel is for activating voice command
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_25## -->

The controls for the ICE is on the left spoke
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_26## -->

Images courtesy: indianautosblog.com, team-bhp.com

JijoMalayil

Total Posts: 2293

• 24 Feb 2016, 3:43 pm ( 2 Photos )
Tata Hexa seen being tested on open roads. Quite nice to look at, it defines the crossover term perfectly for me. Side profile looks neat, with that floating roof look. Alloys & Hexa badging looks odd!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_27## -->

Rear looks interesting, I quite like the wrap-around tail lamps. Large windscreen at the back.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_28## -->

Image courtesy:- mynewcar.com

NikilSJ

• 24 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm ( 2 Photos )
Drivetrain
The Tata Hexa is likely to be powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder VARICOR diesel engine that is capable of churning out 154bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque. The engine is the same as the one found under the hood of the recently launched Safari VARICOR 400. With the recent ban on diesel cars with engines above 2000cc, expect Tata to spec the Hexa with a modified version of the same engine like Mahindra.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_29## -->
The 2.2-litre motor will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and will come with a shift-on-fly 4WD option as well. A 6-speed AMT (automated manual transmission) is also likely to be offered as an option. However, it isn’t clear if this gearbox will get the 4WD option.
The 6-speed AMT gearbox on the Tata Hexa
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_30## -->
Safety
The Hexa, like the Aria it is based on, will get a number of safety features to keep the driver and the occupants safe in case of a crash. The Hexa will get two airbags as standard across all variants, with the higher trims getting upto 6 airbags. The Hexa will also be equipped with ABS, Electronic Stability Program, Traction Control System, seat belts with pretensions and keyless entry with immobiliser.
The Hexa will also get four driving modes which include Auto, Comfort, Dynamic and Rough Road which alters throttle response. Rough Road mode is basically a full-time AWD.
Verdict
The Hexa is likely to be priced in the Rs 13-18 lakh SUV segment which puts it in the same category as the Mahindra XUV 500 SUV and upcoming Toyota Innova Crysta MPV. Other options in the segment are Renault’s Lodgy MPV, Tata’s own Safari VARICOR 400. At this price point, the Tata Hexa would be a worthy alternative to the XUV 500.
The Hexa certainly has all the features you’d need from a premium SUV. The Terrain Response System is also something you’d find on more expensive cars like the Ford Endeavour and Land Rovers.

ksdr

First Gear

Member: 24 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 4

• 24 Feb 2016, 4:41 pm
Will the automatic version come with 4x4 option? What was the tyre size of the HEXA on display? It looks like 235/55 R19.

JijoMalayil

• 24 Feb 2016, 6:32 pm
"Originally posted by ksdr"
Will the automatic version come with 4x4 option? What was the tyre size of the HEXA on display? It looks like 235/55 R19.
Yeah, Tata Hexa will be offered in an AWD 6-speed automatic variant. The production variant will have 235/65/R17 tyres.

ksdr

First Gear

• 24 Feb 2016, 11:04 pm
"Originally posted by JijoMalayil"

Yeah, Tata Hexa will be offered in an AWD 6-speed automatic variant. The production variant will have 235/65/R17 tyres.
But the automatic model displayed at the Auto Expo was a 2wd version did anybody notice that? It also came with fabric seats and the climate control console was different from the manual 4x4 displayed.

rohit247

First Gear

Member: 25 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 2

• 25 Feb 2016, 3:27 am
Has any launch date been confirmed yet? Also, I saw that the price might be in the range of 13-18 lakhs (ex-showroom). Though, I did not see XUV500 being listed as one of the competitors. If this is true, then I don't see a point why a prospective buyer like me would consider this, apart from the additional boot space it offers when compared to 5 double O.

ksdr

First Gear

• 25 Feb 2016, 3:20 pm
"Originally posted by rohit247"
Any launch date that has been confirmed yet. Also I saw that the pricing might be in the range of 13-18 lakhs ex-showroom. Also I did not see XUV500 being listed as one of the competitors. If this is true then I don't see a point why a prospective buyer like me would consider this apart from the boot space it offers as an extra when compared to 5 double oh.
You will be getting better ride quality and much better 3 rd row seats with the additional luggage space in HEXA compared to XUV 500.

Himanshu19

First Gear

Total Posts: 1

• 25 Feb 2016, 6:48 pm
Don't you guys think that this massive car which has 19 inch alloys, JBL, Harmann, Touchscreen infotainment, Automatic climate control, Drive modes, Rear AC vents, SUPERIOR STYLING and A LOT OF FEATURES; SO IT SHOULD START AROUND 18 lakh !!

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 26 Feb 2016, 9:28 am
"Originally posted by Himanshu19"
Don't you guys think that this massive car which has 19 inch alloys, JBL, Harmann, Touchscreen infotainment, Automatic climate control, Drive modes, Rear AC vents, SUPERIOR STYLING and A LOT OF FEATURES; SO IT SHOULD START AROUND 18 lakh !!

Yes, it would have been priced at 18 lakhs if it was a Toyota or a Hyundai. But Tata has always been known for giving more features than all competitors at much lesser prices. I believe that's the reason, they would be pricing lower than 18. The Tata Zest also came with Projector headlamps, DRLs, Harmann Touchscreen Infotainment, AMT and still Tata manged to price it lower than most competition. And I also feel, that they would have a stripped down version of the car too, which would be focused for the taxi segment, which would be the lower priced variant.

kaiserketkar

Total Posts: 403

• 26 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm
"Originally posted by Arjun"

Yes, it would have been priced at 18 lakhs if it was a Toyota or a Hyundai. But Tata has always been known for giving more features than all competitors at much lesser prices. I believe that's the reason, they would be pricing lower than 18. The Tata Zest also came with Projector headlamps, DRLs, Harmann Touchscreen Infotainment, AMT and still Tata manged to price it lower than most competition. And I also feel, that they would have a stripped down version of the car too, which would be focused for the taxi segment, which would be the lower priced variant.

That... and hopefully Tata have learned their lesson after the Aria's disastrous pricing.
I feel the Hexa will undercut the XUV500, it's main competitor by a few k's, making it VFM yet premium. It remains to be seen how effective this strategy will turn out to be.
As far as the stripped down version of the car is concerned, yes, they might do that but I feel they shouldn't. Instead they should continue with the Aria as a taxi variant. That'll help keep the Hexa's reputation as a personal vehicle.

rohit247

First Gear

Total Posts: 2

• 27 Feb 2016, 1:43 am
"Originally posted by kaiserketkar"
I feel the Hexa will undercut the XUV500, it's main competitor by a few k's, making it VFM yet premium. It remains to be seen how effective this strategy will turn out to be.
If they really do this, then I'm game for picking up the mid variant of the HEXA with an OTR of 15-17 lakhs. This post reaffirms my faith to wait for the HEXA to be launched instead of going blind folded with XUV500.

ksdr

First Gear

• 27 Feb 2016, 11:47 am
When can we expect the media drives to happen for HEXA?

Shreyans

Member: 27 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 60

• 28 Feb 2016, 12:19 am
Pricing and variants are going to be absolutely critical. A bit too high and prospective buyers will be lured by the Endeavor 2.2, which has similar weight and power output along with A+ looks and street cred plus stellar dynamics. Then, there is the new Innova Crysta lurking around, which will be the go-to vehicle for a majority of buyers. Tata has to walk a tightrope here and I believe it's not a bad idea to hold off the actual launch till after the Crysta, so that they can adjust the pricing accordingly. Tata makes the first move and all Toyota needs to do is go 15-20% above it. Hexa will be dead on arrival and they have another monopoly run.
The market has shown time and again that reputation and perception take you further along than actual capability.

jagadishareddy

First Gear

Member: 10 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 1

• 28 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm
Just because it is TATA people would not invest hard earned money on HEXA. They have to fight it out with INNOVA and XUV500. If they want to survive the tide they have to swim opposite the tide and prove to the Indian public that they are best.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 22 Mar 2016, 5:22 pm ( 2 Photos )
We have got information from reliable sources that the testing for the HEXA is 90% complete, and the car is just going in for the final homologation tests.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_31## -->

If industry sources are to be believed, the HEXA will go into production by the beginning of May and the launch is kept tentatively for 15th August.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_32## -->

NikilSJ

• 8 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm ( 1 Photo )
Here's a spec comparison of the Tata Hexa vs the upcoming Toyota Innova
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_33## -->

NikilSJ

• 12 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm ( 2 Videos )
Here's a walkaround video of the Tata Hexa done by Zigwheels and CarDekho

kaiserketkar

• 12 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm
"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
Here's a spec comparison of the Tata Hexa vs the upcoming Toyota Innova
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n7878[/ATTACH]

While it looks great on paper, all these figures won't count for squat when it comes to the customers who're out to buy a car in that price range. Ask them which he would prefer, and most would blindly say Toyota. Even at a price premium and spec deficit.
That's how the Innova has rolled all these years and in all likelihood will continue to roll in the years to come.

NikilSJ

• 12 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm
kaiserketkar yes. You've just spelled out the Hexa's fate in just one post

kaiserketkar

• 12 Apr 2016, 7:05 pm

Well, I still hope against hope that this is not the case.
And although it may not dent the Innova's sales, and my guess is it won't really make a difference to the XUV500 either- if priced below the XUV500, it might still be able to make it's own mark.
But then again... if priced below the XUV500, it'll fall smack in the Storme's territory!
Will it?..... Won't it?.... ???!?

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 12 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm

Well, I still hope against hope that this is not the case.
And although it may not dent the Innova's sales, and my guess is it won't really make a difference to the XUV500 either- if priced below the XUV500, it might still be able to make it's own mark.
But then again... if priced below the XUV500, it'll fall smack in the Storme's territory!
Will it?..... Won't it?.... ???!?
Tata will hopefully have learned a few things from the follies of the Aria. My guess is pricing would be slightly below that of the Mahindra XUV500 - going by what Tata has been doing with recent launches like the Tiago and Zest. Not the Bolt, which somehow hasn't caught on that well. I don't think Tata would have an issue of the Hexa and Storme being similarly priced, going by how Mahindra has priced the XUV500 and the Scorpio - with quite some overlap. The target buyer for both is likely to be different. That said - there's a significant difference between the XUV500 and Hexa. The former is a monocoque, primarily front-wheel drive, while the latter is a ladder-on-frame, primarily rear-wheel drive. As for a comparison with the Innova - well, it's a Tata Hexa (Six-seater), as against the Innova which is a 7 / 8 seater.

kaiserketkar

• 13 Apr 2016, 10:29 am
"Originally posted by Roshun"
I don't think Tata would have an issue of the Hexa and Storme being similarly priced, going by how Mahindra has priced the XUV500 and the Scorpio - with quite some overlap. The target buyer for both is likely to be different. That said - there's a significant difference between the XUV500 and Hexa. The former is a monocoque, primarily front-wheel drive, while the latter is a ladder-on-frame, primarily rear-wheel drive. As for a comparison with the Innova - well, it's a Tata Hexa (Six-seater), as against the Innova which is a 7 / 8 seater.
My point exactly.
Both Hexa and Storme are ladder-frame chassis based vehicles [same chassis, I might add], both have similar mechanicals, and now with the Aria's transformation into the Hexa, both have SUV styling along with [possibly] 4x4. The similarities are too many. With the XUV500 and the Scorpio, both are completely different vehicles and there is a partial overlap, with the S8 &S10 variants overlapping the W4 & W6].
Which means that the prospective customer has a much more refined Hexa in the same price bracket and out of the same showroom as the Storme. Only Safari loyalists will find some justification to buy the Storme.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 13 Apr 2016, 11:03 am
Which means that the prospective customer has a much more refined Hexa in the same price bracket and out of the same showroom as the Storme. Only Safari loyalists will find some justification to buy the Storme.
A Tata SUV buyer looking for a 4x4 will still pick the Storme, since the Storme has a low-range 4WD gearbox, which will be good for proper off-roading. It also has better approach / departure angles which can tackle bad roads better. The Hexa will come with an on-demand all-wheel drive system, which is decent for like snowed out roads, some sand-trail driving, but not hard-core off-roading. Plus the overhangs are quite large, so it won't be as capable off-road. Storme is a 7-seater with side facing jump seats in the rear, which aren't comfortable. Hexa is a genuine 6-seater, with three comfortable rows. So I think, that those who were probably looking at the 4x2 Storme, will now definitely look at the Hexa instead. The only way Tata can prevent that cannibalization happening is to keep a significant price gap between the Storme 4x2 and Hexa 4x2 variants - which would mean a steeper price tag, and possibly making it more expensive than the rival Mahindra XUV500. Oh, the dilemma! I'd hate being in the Tata product planner's shoes right now.

kaiserketkar

• 13 Apr 2016, 11:27 am
I strongly feel, Tata should go for a price cut for the Storme to bring it into the Scorpio territory, making it better VFM. This will leave the Storme's current price bracket to the Hexa which makes it great VFM also!

NikilSJ

• 13 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm
kaiserketkar I've always felt the Safari was a bit overpriced when compared to a similarly specced Scorpio. Yes, Tata should give it a price cut if it wants the Hexa to do well. From the looks of it, the Hexa looks like it's a much better product than the Safari Storme anyway.

NikilSJ

• 13 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm
kaiserketkar Roshun JOY MRC So I was just munching on some dosas when I met this PR guy from Tata. So he confirmed that the Hexa would indeed be priced above the Safari Storme and will go head-to-head with Mahindra's XUV 500. However, he was mum when I asked him if the Safari Storme would get a price cut. This could mean that the Hexa would be priced slightly more than the XUV 500. But that move would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.
He also said that the Hexa would be launched in the next quarter and just before Diwali. This could mean that the Kite 5 compact sedan could be launched during the festive run as that is generally the time when people go berserk buying cars. The Nexon, he said, would come only 2017 Q1. So expect the compact crossover to be launched around this time next year.

kaiserketkar

• 13 Apr 2016, 5:08 pm
This could mean that the Hexa would be priced slightly more than the XUV 500. But that move would defeat the purpose wouldn't it.
He also said that the Hexa would be launched in the next quarter and just before Diwali.
hmmm... If they really do that, it'd totally defeat the purpose! I was hoping Tata would carry forward its pricing strategy after the Tiago.
The Nexon, he said, would come only 2017 Q1. So expect the compact crossover to be launched around this time next year.
The Nexon is one car to watch out for. It has the potential to do for the compact SUV segment what the Tiago is slated to do for the hatches. I just wish Tata had launched it sooner!

NikilSJ

• 14 Apr 2016, 11:17 am
kaiserketkar it's like how Roshun keeps saying time and time again that Tata is always late to the party. Wonder why they do that. The ideal time to launch the Nexon would be right now when the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport are battling out for top honours in the compact SUV segment. Also, just yesterday I read this report on Indian Autos Blog quoting Tata's vice-president of sales and network, S N Barman, saying that the introductory prices of the Tata Tiago are very difficult to maintain in the long term and would have to go sooner rather than later.

JijoMalayil

• 17 Jun 2016, 2:37 pm ( 1 Photo )
Nearing its launch, the Tata Hexa was spotted for the first time in this white shade. Doesnt it look nice?

NikilSJ

• 24 Aug 2016, 12:00 pm
Tata has confirmed that the Hexa will be launched in October. The Hexa, based on the Aria, will be priced a tad lower than the Innova Crysta. So you can expect the pricing to start from Rs 12.9 lakh for the base variant. Will the SUV-like design cues work in Tata's favour. Only time will tell.

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 25 Aug 2016, 1:33 am
I pray to god that the HEXA becomes a success. The Aria was over engineered but failed terribly as it was a confused child and didn't know what segment/product it actually was. The buyers conveniently pitted it against the Innova for the looks and down it went. The niggles associated with the over engineering didn't help the case either. I still remember the 4x4 system on the Aria had TOD (Torque on Demand which sends more/less power to the wheels according to need and also costed Rs 1.5 lakh to replace if went kaput) where as the more expensive SUV-like Fortuner came with a simpler full-time 4-wheel drive system.
Aria owners never took it where it would have done well and it didn't shine doing the daily chores as well. The HEXA seems to have been designed keeping the customers needs in mind and should be given a second look by the Crysta buyers as the pricing will be more VFM. I am not saying it would give a tough competition to the Crysta or anything. But it will do decent numbers and will surpass Aria sales for sure (I really want it to).

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 25 Aug 2016, 9:30 am
"Originally posted by JOY MRC"
The Aria was over engineered but failed terribly
It was a very comfortable and surprisingly cosy vehicle - proper seven seater too! Getting in and out of the third-row was easier than in the Innova.
I will wait and watch, but how may changes can you do to an existing car? I don't think people's perception of the car will change unless Tata does something drastic. Fingers crossed

NikilSJ

• 25 Aug 2016, 1:26 pm
I pray to god that the HEXA becomes a success. The Aria was over engineered but failed terribly as it was a confused child and didn't know what segment/product it actually was. The buyers conveniently pitted it against the Innova for the looks and down it went. The niggles associated with the over engineering didn't help the case either. I still remember the 4x4 system on the Aria had TOD (Torque on Demand which sends more/less power to the wheels according to need and also costed Rs 1.5 lakh to replace if went kaput) where as the more expensive SUV-like Fortuner came with a simpler full-time 4-wheel drive system.
That's the same feeling I had when Tata announched the Tiago. Tata has been witnessing so many bad years lately and I just want them to do well for once. I had no clue that the Aria had the TOD feature. I always thought of the Aria as a van's body plonked on a truck chassis. Never liked the looks or its interior.
The HEXA seems to have been designed keeping the customers needs in mind and should be given a second look by the Crysta buyers as the pricing will be more VFM. I am not saying it would give a tough competition to the Crysta or anything. But it will do decent numbers and will surpass Aria sales for sure (I really want it to).
The Hexa seems well though out. The interior seems premium enough even though it is not on par with the Innova Crysta. If Tata manages to undercut the Innova's price, I think the Hexa will find a few buyers, at least for a couple of months after launch when the buzz is alive.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

• 2 Sep 2016, 2:10 pm
NikilSJ, actually the market in Europe is more condusive for estate versions of sedans rather than SUVs. It is only in there that you will find estates variant sof every car, even the Golf!

JOY MRC

• 2 Sep 2016, 10:13 pm ( 1 Video)
TATA HEXA has been caught without any camouflage on Bangalore-Pune national highway. The launch of the vehicle is just around the corner and by the looks of it, It is a winner. First Impression is that it just doesn't look like a TATA or an Indian Car for that matter(especially the bigger alloy wheel design and twin exhausts). That imported car image, goes away on second glance when your eyes catch the FULL ON BLING chrome treatment on the rear. some may like it (I find it as an overdose to an otherwise good looking car).

Shreyans

Member: 27 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 60

• 2 Sep 2016, 10:39 pm
The Hexa seems well though out. The interior seems premium enough even though it is not on par with the Innova Crysta. If Tata manages to undercut the Innova's price, I think the Hexa will find a few buyers, at least for a couple of months after launch when the buzz is alive.

Tata seems to have burnt a lot of midnight oil to make sure that the vehicle provides best in class comfort. The cabin also looks good. The bigger problem will be the appearence of the vehicle, the old Aria silhouette that is clearly visible. Tata sure wants us to belive that this is an all new car but there is no geting away from the fact that it just is a genuine facelift.
In essence, this is the same Zest/Bolt story repeating itself where everyone could see it was a revised Vista with a new name. It was promised that these 'all new' cars will be targeted at private buyers and will not be sold to fleet operators. But once the Tiago came along, the cars became irrelevant overnight. I sincerely hope this will not happen with the Hexa once the Q501 project comes on steam. The last thing you would want as a customer after spending 17-20L rupees is for the vehicle to become obsolete in a blink.

JijoMalayil

• 5 Sep 2016, 5:11 pm ( 1 Photo )
Tata Hexa has been spotted across the country. This time, it is Manali-Leh highway and looks like it's a photo-shoot. That implies the imminent launch. I really hope they do soon. So if Hexa is priced anything above the Rs 15 lakh mark it will step into the Mahindra XUV 500 and Toyota Innova Crysta territory. If below Rs 15 lakh, it might end up cannibalising Tata's own Safari Storme. What do you guys think?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_34## -->

Image- teambhp.com

kaiserketkar

• 7 Sep 2016, 6:03 pm
Tata Hexa has been spotted across the country. This time, it is Manali-Leh highway and looks like it's a photo-shoot. That implies the imminent launch. I really hope they do soon. So if Hexa is priced anything above the Rs 15 lakh mark it will step into the Mahindra XUV 500 and Toyota Innova Crysta territory. If below Rs 15 lakh, it might end up cannibalising Tata's own Safari Storme. What do you guys think?
I don't think Tata will price it too ambitiously. The XUV has burned it once in it's Aria avataar and Tata won't take the fight to it again. And I think they've learned their lesson from the Tiago. Prospective hatch customers are seriously considering the Tiago, mainly because of what all it offers at the price.
And anyway the Storme isn't doing all that great, so there really isn't anything to cannibalize. I think this is the right time for Tata Motors to phase out the Safari, reposition the Storme in the 8-12 lac range and offer a much more evolved competitor to the Scorpio. That would leave the 11-18 lac segment wide open for the Hexa to claim.
My guess is prices will start around 11-11.5 lacs and go up all the way to about 16-17 lacs. We'll find out in a few days if I'm on the ball or not.
[Lastly, looking at the team bhp photo, I feel that the rear of the car and the tail light cluster could have been done a lot more tastefully. ]

JijoMalayil

• 9 Sep 2016, 11:16 am ( 2 Photos )
Kaiserketkar Here is an another shot of Hexa, possibly shot during the same ad-shoot drive. Projector headlamps with LED DRLs, black plastic cladding, roof rails, chrome embellishments and what looks like 18-inch wheels. With the prices you have mentioned, Hexa is likely to do well.

And I agree the rear could have been done better on the Hexa.

Image: teambhp.com

JijoMalayil

• 19 Sep 2016, 2:22 pm
Finally, Tata Hexa media activities start with a drive on the 15th of October, so expect the Hexa to be launched around October end or the first week of November. Just a little skeptical Hexa's prospect in India, hope Tata price it well, undercutting the Innova Crysta by a good margin.

JijoMalayil

• 30 Sep 2016, 4:16 pm ( 2 Photos )
Tata Hexa has started arriving at different dealerships across India ahead of its possible launch in October. Seen are demo vehicles at a dealership. The media preview for the same is scheduled on the 15th of October.

Image: automotiveindia.com

JijoMalayil

• 3 Oct 2016, 12:09 pm ( 1 Photo )
Tata had organized an exclusive off-road Hexa drive in Jaipur. It's reported the people who test drove the Hexa were impressed with its engine, fit, finish and space it offered.

Though only offered with All-Wheel-Drive, and not with a low-ratio gearbox, the Hexa seems to tackle these minor off-road challenges as seen in the video below.

Image: automotiveindia.com.
Video: Ashutosh Chudiwale (Facebook)

NikilSJ

• 5 Oct 2016, 10:06 am
The Hexa sure looks nice from the front. However, I just noticed that big slab of chrome at the rear. Kind of hate that. I would probably blacken out that portion, but the problem is that chrome bar extends to the sides as well just below the window line. Would need to blacken them out too for symmetry. Overall, the Hexa looks like it can tackle some bad roads and trails with ease. I wouldn't expect too many people to take it off-road though but at leat it's good to know that it can handle some of the rougher stuff. All I am waiting for now is to actually see and feel the fit and finish of the cabin. The one previewed at the Auto Expo wasn't bad, but you an never be sure of the cars that you see at these shows. For the production variant, it can go either way - really good or really low-rent quality of materials used inside. Let's wait and see.

JijoMalayil

• 5 Oct 2016, 10:50 am
All I am waiting for now is to actually see and feel the fit and finish of the cabin. The one previewed at the Auto Expo wasn't bad, but you an never be sure of the cars that you see at these shows. For the production variant, it can go either way - really good or really low-rent quality of materials used inside. Let's wait and see.

I guess we will get to know in 10 days (media preview). After Tiago impressed us in every aspect of it (that too built at a cost) , I don't think Tata will skimp on Hexa's build quality, fit and finish. In fact, that would be one of the USPs of the Hexa along with the features and the attractive price tag. I really hope Hexa will give a tough fight to the Innova Crysta and the Mahindra XUV500.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 5 Oct 2016, 11:42 am
JijoMalayil
Although Tata does not want to talk about it for obvious reasons, the Hexa is still a refurbished Aria, at least as far as the body shell, chassis and engine goes. But Tata has put in a lot of work on this vehicle, and it now looks amazing. The styling is far more appealing now. The Aria should have looked like this in the first place. The tall tail lamps and steeply raked front of the Aria didn't look that great - it somehow looked like an oversized Indica. But the Hexa - now that's a looker! The revised front looks good, subtly keeping Tata's new design philosophy in mind. The rear, with the wrap around horizontal tail lamps and fat chrome strip in between is again nice.
Now about that chrome strip - NikilSJ wanted to black it out. I think it should stay, because it would be a fantastic deterrant to tailgaters driving with high beam. This would reflect the light straight back at them! The interiors look quite nice now and very upmarket.
Now if only Tata prices the Hexa right - and by right, I mean, it should try and undercut the Mahindra XUV500 on price, variant for variant. That's the only way it will be able to get the Hexa to move out of showrooms. It's got more power and torque than the XUV500, so the Hexa's performance is likely to be better than the XUV. From initial reports, I hear it drives very nicely, so good job there.
Tata has been steadily working on its service reputation and hopefully, most buyers will grow to trust the brand again. It's a tough task though. Products like the Tiago are slowly changing perception of the brand now.

JijoMalayil

• 6 Oct 2016, 10:43 am ( 1 Photo )
Here are the technical specifications of the upcoming Tata Hexa. As expected, Hexa is powered by a 2.2 litre Varicor 400 motor which produces 156 PS and 400 Nm of torque. 19-inch rims, I guess Tata is going all out with the Hexa!

Image: teambhp.com

JOY MRC

• 6 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm
Excellent. The JLR ownership has certainly brought winds of change to TATA cars. The step motherly treatment to Indian models is changing too with most of the car makers. Exhibit A, Toyota Innova Crysta. Tiago was just the start of better quality cars from TATA. HEXA can be sold to European markets without much tinkering and could be the most feature loaded yet affordable(?) mass market car from an Indian manufacturer(Even DC Avanti doesn't have this much kit)[XUV5OO was the previous champ in this department]. 19" wheels and 235/55 stock size???, All 4 disc brakes, capable 400nm motor, 6 speed autobox/manual, AWD and 200mm GC, Terrain response , Looks good too(overdone chrome?, yes but seems to be the case with most cars nowadays. New Fortuner, Pajero, Crysta, vcross all point to the same fact). I just love it and sincerely hope it does well in the market.
Valid Concern - More electronics usually mean more trouble especially since its a new car and a TATA one. But let's just think positively for now. Fingers crossed.

JijoMalayil

• 13 Oct 2016, 11:12 am
Tata officials have now confirmed that the Hexa will be launched only in January 2017 in India. This news comes in the backdrop of the media preview scheduled for the 3rd week of October. Why this delay then? It looks like Tata wants to collect feedbacks from media guys and improve the Hexa even further. But, isn't it been too long a wait for the Hexa to finally be launched? Remember Hexa was showcased as a near production ready variant at the Delhi Auto Expo in January this year. Tata is taking its own sweet time to launch new products in India, and this may prove to be a very bad move.

NikilSJ

• 13 Oct 2016, 12:55 pm
Remember Hexa was showcased as a near production ready variant at the Delhi Auto Expo in January this year. Tata is taking its own sweet time to launch new products in India, and this may prove to be a very bad move.

I don't think so. I think this is a very smart move by Tata. Yes, the Hexa was showcased in near production form at the Expo and we have seen countless test mules on the Pune-Mumbai highway too. The media drive is a good platform for Tata to get valuable feedback from experienced journalists from across the country. If at all, it only shows how serious Tata is becoming with every new launch. They really want the new models to do better than the older ones and looks like they are close to achieving their target of making a car that meets global standards. Let's just hope the Hexa passes the media test with flying colours for the benefit of Tata!

JOY MRC

• 16 Oct 2016, 1:22 pm
More Information on the HEXA surface on Team-BHP. Quoting directly from the website.
Recent insider information about the upcoming Tata SUV reveals many details about its placement and feature list. Please note that these aren't official revelations, and thus there is scope for some changes in the final feature list.
• Tata Hexa will come in 5 manual (XE 4x2, XM 4x2, XM 4x4, XT 4x2, XT 4x4) and 4 automatic variants (XMA 4x2, XMA 4x4, XTA 4x2, XTA 4x4)
• All variants will have the 154 BHP power output figure
• Entry-level XE trim will have a 5-speed transmission, while all other variants get 6-speed transmissions (manual and automatic)
• The automatic gearbox is codenamed "G6450"; G=Gear box, 6=number of gears, and 450=maximum handling torque in Nm
• The automatic transmission is a torque converter unit, and follows the P-R-N-D-(+)M/S(-) shift pattern. It weighs 90 kgs and costs Rs. 7 lakhs
• If the AT is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Replacing it is the only option
• XT and XTA variants will come with 6 airbags, while the lower XM & XE variants will have 2 airbags
• ABS is standard across the range
• XT trim will also get electronic stability programme (ESP)
• Added safety equipment on offer includes EBD (Electronic Brake-Force Distribution), VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control), ROM (Roll-Over Mitigation, with ESP), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistance), HHC/HDC (Hill Hold Control/Hill Descent Control) & TCS (Traction Control System)
• Hill Hold Control (HHC) stays activated for 3 seconds, after which you need to apply the brakes/handbrake
• XM and XT variants will get a 10-speaker (6 normal speakers and 4 tweeters) sound system
• The instrument cluster and infotainment system on the XM and XT trim levels will support voice-activated commands
• Instrument cluster will have different coloured zone display for fuel level - Green, Orange & Red. It will also showcase the Distance to Empty (DTE) reading
• The Hexa will get flippy, foldable keys
• Higher variants will get 19-inch alloy wheels
• 1st Free Service at 3 months/5,000 kms, whichever is earlier
2nd Free Service at 6 months/10,000 kms, whichever is earlier
3rd Free Service at 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever is earlier
• Subsequent paid service intervals - 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever comes earlier
• Tata will be offering a 3 years/1,50,000 km standard warranty for the Hexa
The Hexa will be marketed under the tagline 'Confident Luxury'. Though pricing still isn't finalized, speculations suggest a placement in the range of Rs. 11 lakh - Rs. 18 lakh.

JOY MRC

• 16 Oct 2016, 2:28 pm ( 1 Photo )
The automatic gearbox is codenamed "G6450"; G=Gear box, 6=number of gears, and 450=maximum handling torque in Nm

So the gearbox can handle 450 Nm max torque. Excellent scope for future power bumps. 2.2L engine already has 40 Nm more torque than the '2.8L' engine of the Innova crysta.
• The automatic transmission is a torque converter unit, and follows the P-R-N-D-(+)M/S(-) shift pattern. It weighs 90 kgs and costs Rs. 7 lakhs • If the AT is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Replacing it is the only option

That is not very encouraging but since we are used to the DQ200 DSG box, bring it on. I hope TATA offers extended warranty to ensure peace of mind for the customers and stay true to the 'Confident Luxury' tagline. a bill worth 7 lakh is not something you would want to spent for a TATA car repair.
•Instrument cluster will have different coloured zone display for fuel level - Green, Orange & Red. It will also showcase the Distance to Empty (DTE) reading
Seems like hangover from the Aria day's. The ARIA had a colour zoned RPM meter which looked toyish and totally out of place in a premium priced vehicle then.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_35## -->

It will look more relevant for the Fuel level, I agree. but it was not necessary. Reserving my judgement until the official instrument panel pic is released.
• 1st Free Service at 3 months/5,000 kms, whichever is earlier 2nd Free Service at 6 months/10,000 kms, whichever is earlier 3rd Free Service at 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever is earlier • Subsequent paid service intervals - 12 months/20,000 kms, whichever comes earlier

20,000 km is a bit too long considering indian conditions. good for cabbies though

JijoMalayil

• 18 Oct 2016, 10:33 am ( 3 Photos )
The media preview/drive for the Tata Hexa has begun in Hyderabad and here are a few more facts that have been revealed about the Hexa.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_36## -->

Your smartphone can be doubled up as a remote control for mood lighting and the infotainment system.
The sound system is 10-speaker JBL unit which Tata claims that 1000 hours have gone into custom tunning it.
Hexa was tested over 8 lakh kilometres across Europe, Asia and Australia where the temperatures varied from -20 to 50-degree celsius.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_37## -->

The Hexa Automatic has a Race Car sensing function that adjusts gear shifts to ensure the engine stays in the 3000-4000 rpm band.
Hexa carries a kerb weight of 2280 kilos and has a ground clearance of 200 mm. The fuel tank capacity is 60 litres.
6-speed Auto gets two driving modes- Eco & Sport. The 6-speed Manual gets four- Comfort, Dynamic, Rough Road & Auto.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_38## -->

Hexa comes with all-black interiors and is offered in 6/7/8 seat configurations.
Bookings open from 1st of November and will be launched in January 2017.
Quite impressive, If priced in the expected Rs 12-18 lakh mark, it would be a great VFM product.

Arvind Fluidic

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 150

• 18 Oct 2016, 10:39 am
Indian auto blog has reported that a new micro site for the upcoming Tata Hexa is live now. It also further states that the new website allows interested customers, to enter their personal details so that they can be intimated upon the car's launch as well as for requesting a test drive upon the car's launch.

But i searched for the micro site, but unable to find it. If anyone finds it, it would be helpful if you post a link of it here. Image: IAB.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

• 18 Oct 2016, 3:08 pm
If the Cartoq article is to be trusted, the Hexa will be priced below the Innova Crysta and XUV, thereby giving it an edge. The Hexa is going to sell around Rs. 17.49 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end XT 4×4 MT variant and INR 17.44 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end automatic variant, the XTA 4×2 AT. Both, AT and MT variants will feature a 6-speed boxes, which could be the game changer for Tata.
Arvind Fluidic, the website link is this - "http://hexa.tatamotors.com/" Also, prospective customers can give a missed call on to 8306688282 and drop in their details.

JOY MRC

• 19 Oct 2016, 1:24 am ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by Arvind Fluidic"
Indian auto blog has reported that a new micro site for the upcoming Tata Hexa is live now. It also further states that the new website allows interested customers, to enter their personal details so that they can be intimated upon the car's launch as well as for requesting a test drive upon the car's launch.

But i searched for the micro site, but unable to find it. If anyone finds it, it would be helpful if you post a link of it here. Image: IAB.
HEXA microsite is now live - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_39## -->

kaiserketkar

• 19 Oct 2016, 1:25 pm
HEXA microsite is now live - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/

I somehow really like the way the Hexa has turned out, especially if you look at it's precursor. This blue color really looks appealing, I'm loving it. Hope it looks just as good in person.
Roshun who from Zigwheels is at the #HexaExperience drive today?

NikilSJ

• 19 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm
Kaiserketkar, I think Abhay is at the Hyderabad drive and so is Karthikeya Singhee who recently joined our company after quitting Autocar

NikilSJ

• 19 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm
I somehow really like the way the Hexa has turned out, especially if you look at it's precursor. This blue color really looks appealing, I'm loving it. Hope it looks just as good in person. Roshun who from Zigwheels is at the #HexaExperience drive today?

Yes, I saw it at the Expo and it looked really good in the flesh. However, the 5-inch touchscreen is a bit too small for an SUV this size. I really liked the effort Tata has put in to make the Hexa's interior premium. It looks way better than the Aria for sure.

NikilSJ

• 19 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm

"Originally posted by CorsaVeloce"
If the Cartoq article is to be trusted, the Hexa will be priced below the Innova Crysta and XUV, thereby giving it an edge. The Hexa is going to sell around Rs. 17.49 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end XT 4×4 MT variant and INR 17.44 lakhs, ex-Showroom, Pune for the top-end automatic variant, the XTA 4×2 AT. Both, AT and MT variants will feature a 6-speed boxes, which could be the game changer for Tata. Arvind Fluidic, the website link is this - "http://hexa.tatamotors.com/" Also, prospective customers can give a missed call on to 8306688282 and drop in their details.

Yes, the Tata Hexa will surely be priced below the Innova Crysta. If Tata can convicne prospective customers about the reliability of these new Tata products, then I'm sure they will be able to take a good slice of the MUV/SUV segment. But I'm not sure if it will be cheaper than the XUV 5OO. I think it will be more or less on par with the Mahindra.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 19 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm
NikilSJ
Tata has a lot riding on the Hexa. Like I had said earlier, it would do well to price it at a very attractive introductory price, below the XUV and Innova, to get back in the game. The Aria hangover is still there, so if buyers even sniff anything Aria with the Hexa, it wouldn't work quite well for the company. The reviews are still not out because of an embargo, and a lot is riding upon what the media says about the Hexa. I guess that's why there is a huge gap between the media reviews appearing and the actual vehicle launch, which I hear is to take place in January. If there are any negatives that come out during the media review, Tata would likely work on fixing it before the actual launch of the vehicle. It really has thrown in all the chips on this one. As far as the design goes, it so far has been getting good feedback. Let's wait and see what the drive reports say.
kaiserketkar
Abhay_V and Karthikeya are at the media drive of the Hexa. All reports will appear tomorrow.

JOY MRC

• 19 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm
kaiserketkar I too love the blue shade and the overall looks of the vehicle(still, too much chrome at the rear for my liking). I hope people too feel the same way and HEXA manages to sell in good volumes like the Zica. oops... Tiago

Arjun

Total Posts: 807

• 19 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm
JOY MRC
I really hope the Hexa picks up sales. Though, I won't be buying this car now( strict used car only policy) , after 2 years (2018/9) , when my next car is up for replacement, this is the kind of vehicle I would like to replace it with.
I am sure Tata will surprise us(pleasently) with the Hexa. They have managed to do that with the Zest, Tiago and I am sure theu wouldn't disappoint us with the Hexa. From what I have seen till date, Tata always undercuts the market predictions with regards to pricing. The gap between the launch and media drive maybe for the same reason.Tiago would have raised their spirits and also would help mend their market image.
If they manage to get one successful car each in both ends of their portfolio, they will be able to get more successful products into the portfolio bases on the image built by these two.

themallustig

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 57

• 21 Oct 2016, 10:43 pm ( 1 Video)
After a really long wait, the reviews have started pouring in after the Hexa's media preview. Here is Autocar's take on the same. Minor ergonomics niggles, heavy steering and notchy manual gearbox. But according to the reviewer, the automatic impressed them, along with the ride quality and features on offer.

Ativeer

First Gear

Member: 12 Jun, 2017

Total Posts: 9

• 14 Jun 2017, 10:04 pm
NikilSJ Sir the back look is very dated and is not eye catching. The automatic gearbox is not smooth and the interiors make u feel like u r in zest or bolt.or tigor

Ativeer

First Gear

Member: 12 Jun, 2017

Total Posts: 9

• 14 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm
kaiserketkarSir XUV is much better than Hexa. HEXA,s interior looks dated and the design also adds to the drama Hexa's poor sale is making it worse than the XUV. XUV gives u a lot of feature even more than the Fortuner.

Fourth Div