ICED my LUV

ICED my LUV

• 28 Aug 2017, 752 Views

amitkban

First Gear

Member: 17 Aug, 2016

Total Posts: 25

• 28 Aug 2017, 11:00 pm
I am late in posting this. I have installed touchscreen Android device in my Ertiga. Its a 7" Android system. I purchased it online and got it installed by a local car audio mechanic. It was installed in Dec'2016. So far I am happy with the system. The system is integrated with the steering controls and works fine. Sometimes ths FM reception is not good. (If anyone can help it will be usrful). It has rearview camera and is compatible with dashcam. I havnt yet got a dashcam. Planning to get one.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 29 Aug 2017, 10:46 am
Amitkban
Hi, great news.
Can you share the details of brand, and features of the system?
Have you also changed the speaker setup or was the modification limited to the head unit?

amitkban

First Gear

• 29 Aug 2017, 11:38 pm
Arjun
Its a system from Laxo Orbis a Hyderabad based brand which I think sales imported units. No I have not upgraded the speakers. But I am planning to in near future. Actually I am waiting to sell off the original head unit. I have shortlisted JBL / Rockford punch. I dont like very high bass. Any idea which will be better?. Is it very necessary to add Amp. Please suggest if u have any idea.
Thanks.

amitkban

First Gear

• 29 Aug 2017, 11:42 pm
Arjun
Its Android version is 4. But it works quite well. Has two usb ports and one dedicated 32 GB mem card slot. Has dash cam port aswell. But they have not provided the dash cam. Has option for TV input.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 31 Aug 2017, 12:29 pm
Amitkban
Dashcam port would be useful if your dashcam does not come with a built in screen. These cameras are smaller and can be installed more discreetly.
JOY MRC is our expert with ICE modifications. He maybe able to give you suggestions about the speaker setup.

Fourth Div