Short Guy Looking fo..

• 11 May 2017, 1279 Views

nahihai420

First Gear

Member: 11 May, 2017

Total Posts: 2

• 11 May 2017, 8:23 am
Hello.
Right off the bat. I'm 5 Feett 3 inches tall, 164cm-ish 25yr old.
Lately, I'm having this feeling of getting myself a proper motorcycle. Growing up all my cousins had bikes, so I got my hands on the most popular of the bunch. That was a very occasional affair though.
But now I can't shake off the feeling of owning my own motorcycle and hitting long roads. As I always had this dream of exploring my country on 2 wheels. I started looking around and decided Bajaj Dominar to be in my budget and etc. Are there any riders here around my stature and can advise me a little bit. Thank You So much!

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 15 May 2017, 6:16 pm
"Originally posted by nahihai420"
Hello.
Right off the bat. I'm 5 Feett 3 inches tall, 164cm-ish 25yr old.
Lately, I'm having this feeling of getting myself a proper motorcycle. Growing up all my cousins had bikes, so I got my hands on the most popular of the bunch. That was a very occasional affair though.
But now I can't shake off the feeling of owning my own motorcycle and hitting long roads. As I always had this dream of exploring my country on 2 wheels. I started looking around and decided Bajaj Dominar to be in my budget and etc. Are there any riders here around my stature and can advise me a little bit. Thank You So much!

Hello there. Don't worry, your height won't be an issue. I am 5'5'' and I ride a Royal Enfield Thunderbird! The Dominar is much lighter than my bike and I don't think you'd find any difficulties in handling the bike. The bike has good value for money considering its price. Go for the ABS variant as ABS is a lifesaver!

vikram_raj_sing..

First Gear

Member: 29 May, 2017

Total Posts: 2

• 29 May 2017, 2:26 am
Praveen try avenger

saurabhreigns

First Gear

Member: 07 Jul, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 7 Jul 2017, 12:25 pm
Nahihai420
Hi There! It is good that you are considering your height is a factor while zeroing down on a bike.
I am 5.4 or so. I Have a Dominar. I am 60 kgs and have clocked about 1Lac+ kms on bikes and about 15k in car.
The problems i face riding dominar are like :
1. rear brake foot rest is little rear set and keeping right leg on ground for shorties like us will make us hit the peg and it hurts! Same is with left side gear pedal footpeg.
2. Sitting on bike and trying to reverse it is a nightmare for me as it weighs 2kgs less than bullet 350 but the seat height is higher and seat is broader so a thin but tall guy would better manage the reverse thing. I dont have issue with it as i get down and do it.
I would suggest if you are a beginner rider , get a lesser capacity bike like avenger or gixxer.
do take a test ride before buying.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 12 Jul 2017, 10:20 am

Saurabhreigns
I agree, height makes trivial things challenging! I own a Thunderbird 350 and you can imagine how energy consuming it is to maneuver the bike with feet!! However, I feel one can get used to it but yeah, beginner riders can take it easy. My first bike was the Yamaha Enticer and how easy it was to maneuver!

Fourth Div