Fiat Punto Grande 2010 top model : Should buy or not?

Fiat Punto Grande 2010 top model : Should buy or not?

Fiat Punto Grande 20..

• 26 Mar 2017, 4232 Views

Sharma.neeraj15..

First Gear

Member: 26 Mar, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 26 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm
Hi Team, I really confused over decision, recently got an offer for Fiat Punto Grande top end model 2010 for 1.8 lakh, 38000km done, I am falling for the car looking at the features like climate control and voice control but everybody is suggesting me not to go for fiat punto as it's not good. What is not good nobody knows...kindly suggest me if I should go for the offer or not?
Thanks in advance!

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 27 Mar 2017, 11:02 am
Sharma.neeraj1511 One of the reasons that used Fiat cars go cheap is because of the relatively expensive spare parts price or rather availability of the same. Are you getting the diesel model? Tagging NikilSJ, JOY MRC who are/have been Fiat owners for their take on the same.

anindya.shrivas..

First Gear

Member: 27 Mar, 2017

Total Posts: 2

• 27 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm
Sharma.neeraj1511, get the car checked first before buying, preferably at a Fiat authorised dealership. The parts are not as costly as people tend to think they are..
but the power of the engine and the ride quality is out of this world.

anindya.shrivas..

First Gear

Member: 27 Mar, 2017

Total Posts: 2

• 27 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm
JijoMalayil, brother, Fiat's spares are not costly... The only problem is that not all mechanics are confident enough to diagnose and fix a problem in your Fiat.

NikilSJ

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2353

• 28 Mar 2017, 10:21 am
anindya.shrivastava, I agree with you that the spares are not too expensive. They are similarly priced to other European car manufacturers' products. But Sharma.neeraj1511, I would strongly advise you to take it to a Fiat mechanic before buying one as it's pretty hard to detect problems in a Fiat without the Fiat Diagnostic Scan like the Multicuescan. Also, with the inevitable ban on diesel cars above 10-years of age, do you really want to get one that you could, in all likelihood, use only for the next three years?

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 29 Mar 2017, 1:33 am
@Sharma.neeraj15.. 38k is a low running for a 7 year old car. IF the mileage is genuine, get the car inspected by a professional to find out if there is any major underlying issues with the car. with that odo reading, I'm guessing tyres may be at the end of their usable life(If still on the first set) and the clutch also may need overhaul. but these are normal wear and tear for a car of this mileage. Just make sure there is no other issues like blown suspension(Indicating rough usage), overheating or bad accidental repairs. Spare parts are not an issue at all for FIAT's as you can literally even get the original stickers and monograms from 99rpm.com website. So dont worry about the spare bit, finding an expert and trustworthy mechanic is the key. Also note that the resale would be even lower when you try to sell it afterwards(you are investing more to get it fixed up which you wont get back). If you are not bothered(or affected) by the 10 year ban on diesel cars, you are good to go. The Grande Punto is the best looking Punto till date. Regards...

Sharma.neeraj15..

First Gear

Member: 26 Mar, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 30 Mar 2017, 12:34 am
Thank you guys for the help. 1st thing it's a petrol car. 2nd, I cannot get it checked by authorised Fiat service centre as the seller of the car is a car dealer and will not allow the car to be inspected. Also, I saw an airbag failure message on display console along with steering controls not working or I couldn't get those to work as the dealer is not aware of any functions regarding steering controls. Also, I cannot get the Bluetooth connectivity available in the car. Is there any switch to turn them off and on?, I also saw a new mount being installed on the car which was relatively new. Please provide your thoughts as some of you own one.Thanks

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 30 Mar 2017, 12:34 pm
Sharma.neeraj1511 Simply walk away from that car. it seems to be plagued by electrical problems and my friend, Its worse than having mechanical issues. service centers will ask you to replace the entire wiring($$$) and any auto electrician will test your patience in future and niggling issues will keep resurfacing. the 1.4 petrol any ways is not an engine to die for. it felt lethargic due to the weight of the car and the multijet diesel is much better option of the 2 be it 75hp or 90hp model. a petrol swift is any day a better car than the fiat and not to mention trouble free. if you love the punto, simply raid online classifieds and find a better deal for yourself. Regards..

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 31 Mar 2017, 6:47 pm
Sharma.neeraj1511
I agree with Joy here. The offer is good, but with the condition, i think it would be best to avoid it. The EU cars are far more complicated in terms of electrical repairs and once you start repairing it, it usually continues in a loop going from one fault to the other.
Also, as Joy mentioned, the 1.4 is not the best engine for the Punto. It has very low fuel efficiency and feels underpowered.

Fourth Div

Threads Posts Members