Maruti Baleno suspension -A nightmare

Maruti Baleno suspen..

• 25 Mar 2017, 3662 Views

nagup

First Gear

Member: 25 Mar, 2017

Total Posts: 3

• 25 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm
Hi, I own a Suzuki Baleno and find that the suspension is a nightmare on bumpy city roads.One has to slow down to a stop even over the smallest bumps, otherwise, the rear passengers have a nasty experience. I have talked to a half a dozen other owners who owned a Hyundai i10 or even a WagonR and they have a similar experience.I have got the car to the Maruti dealership and they frankly shared with me off the record that all Baleno owners have reported a similar issue and there is no fix.Mails to Maruti, have their call centre calling back asking me to go back to the workshop.Hoping to get some momentum and Zigwheels to investigate and confirm this forcing Maruti to come with a fix.Otherwise, we all going to have back problems! Maybe a hashtag on twitter I am Maruti Baleno owner please save my back is the next step!

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 26 Mar 2017, 11:58 pm

nagup the baleno suspension is setup a bit firm and since the weight of the car is also low you tend to experience this issue a bit more pronounced. A simpler fix is to check the tyre pressure. even a 5-6 psi increment than recommended can result in jittery ride quality. if your car is brand new then most probably the tyre pressure could be bumped to 40-45 psi(storage tyre pressure). do check this. the correct pressure is given in a placard on the driver side door. you can also lower it by 2-3 psi if you are still not happy with the ride. keep us updated if there is any difference. Regards...

nagup

First Gear

• 27 Mar 2017, 9:31 am
JOY MRC I use 29 kg tyre pressure as per the tyre pressure recommendation. I will lower it by 1 kg/cm2 next time and try the car out.

nagup

First Gear

• 27 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm
Joy oops i meant 29 psi as per recommendation .Can i reduce this to say 27 psi without any affect on tire life or fuel consumption

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 29 Mar 2017, 1:40 am
Yes you can, it wont cause a drastic change in the fuel consumption (but it will be fractionally less) or tyre wear. you can even try 26 psi or try different pressures for the front and back like 27-28 psi in the front and 26 psi on the back since front wheels have to deal with the engine weight and by your description, the rear is giving the harshness to the ride due to low weight. you can play around until you find a comfortable setting for yourself. Regards.

Fourth Div