Bangalore - Hampi ro..

• 07 Feb 2017, 1341 Views

Piyush_Bansal

First Gear

Member: 07 Feb, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 7 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm
Hello,
Am planning to drive to Hampi on Friday evening and return Monday morning. Any suggestions on route to be taken, nice places to have dinner/meals?
TIA,
Piyush

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 7 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm

Piyush_Bansal
The best route would be the Bangalore -Hiriyur- Bellari-Hospet- Hampi route.
I have taken the Chritradurga route last year in December and the route was slow due to road works. The Hiriyur-Bellari route was what I took on the way back and it was much better.
For food, there is a Kamat at Tumkur road, and otherwise there would be good options in Bellary. Hospet is a small town and I think there was a hotel named Shanbagh which was a decent one for Udupi food.
Mostly Hospet has a few dinner options.In Hampi try the Mango Tree restaurant. Had tried a few more places but can't recollect the names.
Hampi is full of old temples and ruins from the Vijayanagar kingdom. There is a lot to see and it would be best to hire a guide there who can tell you the history of all the places. There is a lot of history behind each temple and place, which would be missed if you see them without a guide. You can get a guide from the entrance of Virupaksha temple, where there is a tourism department office.
Have a nice trip.

Fourth Div