Maruti Suzuki SX4 Mileage in CNG

Maruti Suzuki SX4 Mileage in CNG

Maruti Suzuki SX4 Mi..

• 12 Jan 2017, 15388 Views

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 12 Jan 2017, 11:15 am
Vishalkushwah85 In the city it should average around 12-13 and you can expect it to go as high up as 17-18 km/kg on highways, and this is with the a/c on. This figure is according to various SX4 ownership reviews with sequential CNG kits. If you are okay with performance and the car in general, go for it. Do check all the service records to figure out if it was serviced regularly. If possible take a mechanic along to figure out other niggles, considering that the car is almost 10 years old now. What is the quoted price?

JijoMalayil

• 13 Jan 2017, 11:37 am
Vishalkushwah85 25kl/kg figure is too good to be true. It has a larger 1.6-litre engine, so expect anything close to 20km/kg in an ideal highway run. The price quoted sounds reasonable. What variant is it?

JijoMalayil

• 13 Jan 2017, 1:01 pm
Vishalkushwah85 Okay. That's great! Do go through this used car checklist before finalizing the car. Do post an ownership review soon afterwards. Cheers!

Anish_Kumar

First Gear

Member: 27 Jun, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 27 Jun 2017, 9:47 pm
I am planning to fit CNG in my SX4 VXI.Can u please suggest which kit I need to fit that I heard that there are two or three types of cng available like sequential and all.Please mention the mileage also

manoj_mohan

First Gear

Member: 06 Dec, 2017

• 6 Dec 2017, 12:38 pm
JijoMalayil
I am writing this review after an year of driving around in a 2010 ZXI SX4 automatic which I got retrofitted with A Lovato sequential CNG kit. My prime requirements in a car were the following
  1. Automatic Transmission
  2. Boot space
  3. Fuel Efficiency
  4. Reliability
I was fortunate enough to get a car that was just 17000 kms driven and was parked in in underground parking all these years. The car was in immaculate condition and I decided to buy it right away. I was still scared of getting a CNG retrofit and I did lot of research after which I found out about Suraj Auto gas in Bandra, Mumbai. These guys had lot of rave reviews in TeamBhp, and they have even fixed CNG on Mercedes cars . I decided to get it done and I have to say that It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The car works perfectly and I can hardly make out the difference between petrol and CNG. The switch between the two is totally unrecognizable. As for the fuel efficiency, I used to get 9 to 10 in petrol, and now I get 17 to 18 on CNG. That’s amazing . Now I have the ease of an automatic, and the fuel efficiency of a wagonR. City driving is a breeze and I no longer have knee pain issues as I used to have in my previous car. The CNG kit works flawlessly and the performance is the same as day 1. As for the boot space, you still have enough space to keep all your big bags and other stuff. And even if SX4 is discontinued, as it is maruti, I have never faced problem with spare parts.

Kamal_Kumar

First Gear

Member: 16 Feb, 2018

• 16 Feb 2018, 4:08 pm
Can we renew registration of a 2008 model car after 2022 i.e. after 15 years. If yes and how much? Please guide and suggest.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 21 Feb 2018, 6:00 pm
Kamal_Kumar
At present, in states other than Delhi, you can re-register a car which is older than 15 years. However, with the NGT rules coming up,and laws getting stricter regarding older vehicles, I cannot vouch for the situation after 4 years. There is high probability that a rule will come soon, asking to scrap all cars older than 15 years, and if that is the case , registration would not be done.

Fourth Div