Ford Ikon Engine Misfiring Problems

Ford Ikon Engine Mis..

• 16 Dec 2016, 669 Views

sanjeev_sharma

First Gear

Member: 15 Dec, 2016

Total Posts: 6

• 16 Dec 2016, 11:45 am
Hello all, I own a Ford Ikon 1.3 ROCAM engine car and its a very comfortable and nice car, but with very low fuel efficiency. But I am happy to drive. The only issue is that I have been facing an issue for a long time now. There is an engine issue I cannot try and figure out. The engine works fine all the time, whatever the road condition. But when I turn the AC on, it starts misfiring and then switches off when I press the accelerator. If I turn off the AC, it works perfectly fine without any issue. I just visited the mechanic and everyone is suggesting their own views. Some are saying that the fuel pump in the tank has a very low pressure while others suggest changing the spark plugs. Some mechanic even said that I should change the coils and compressor as well. But no one is sure what may be the exact issue. However, I just changed the fuel pump but nothing has changed. Now my fuel gauge has also stopped working.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2034

• 16 Dec 2016, 12:37 pm
If the engine is running fine when you don't use AC, but begins to misfire when you turn the AC on it can point to one of the following issues:
* The Ford Ikon has something called an idle-air-control valve (IAC valve) which is what prevents the engine from stalling. It is responsible for raising the RPM of the engine when you switch on the AC. It is connected to the ECU. This valve is located at the throttle body and will need to be cleaned / replaced if faulty.
* The mechanics are correct in thinking the ignition coil may be weak. Replace the ignition coil and see if the problem disappears.
* If you replace coil or the IAC, disconnect the battery for half an hour and reconnect it to reset the car's ECU.
* Check the vacuum lines in the car - there may be a leak.
My thought is that it is the idle air control valve that is the problem in the Ford Ikon. Get it checked at a Ford service station.

sanjeev_sharma

First Gear

• 16 Dec 2016, 12:56 pm
Roshun I will check the mentioned points soon.

sanjeev_sharma

First Gear

• 9 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm
Hello Friends

I own ford ikon 1.3 petrol engine. And i love my car as per its features and comfort level but its giving issue now like engine missfire and another average problem and its part are not easliy availble and if took it for long drive there is no assurity that it will get fix if any issue occurs in the midway so i am little bit confused should i countinue with same or should move as other new options are available in the market.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2034

• 11 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm
Sanjeev_sharma
If you are keen on selling it, it's a good time to do so. Parts would become difficult to source for the Ikon soon. As for the misfiring, did you get it checked? I had posted a few points on it above.

Fourth Div