The New Top Gear (Season 22)

The New Top Gear (Se..

• 23 Dec 2015, 9811 Views

I Live For Spee..

Hypercar Boss

Member: 15 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 137

• 23 Dec 2015, 8:04 pm
CHRIS HARRIS AND SABINE SCHMITZ! At least that's what The Telegraph has to say.
Now compared to JC, JM and RH they are obviously not so well known, BUT ( and in the words of JC, it's a BIG, full figured but) they are not exactly nobodys. Both of them are fantastic drivers! Especially Schmitz. And Chris Harris is a great commentator!
Besides, I always thought JC was overrated, so I for one for will not miss him too much.
Oh and a bonus: David Coulthard might be on the show as well!
If I had to pick new hosts for Top Gear, I'd have poached all of the Fifth Gear hosts minus Jonny Smith, plus thrown in a dash of Chris Harris.
Roshun, CorsaVeloce it'd be interesting to know your picks for the show hosts!

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 23 Dec 2015, 8:21 pm
Top Gear isn't Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond and May. However, as they say in showbiz, the show must go on. If I really had to put together a B-Team to host the show (and no, I'm not nominating myself on the list *grin* ), I would go with Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz and probably include this guy from CarBuyer UK - Matt Watson. I wouldn't poach the Fifth Gear team, as Tiff and Vicky and the others do a pretty good job on that show and I like that show too. I want it to stay right there.

NikilSJ

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2354

• 24 Dec 2015, 11:54 am
Chris Harris would do a wonderful job in Top Gear but I'm not quite so sure about Sabine Schmitz. Like Roshun said, Top Gear won't be the same anymore without Clarkson, Hammond and May. I'm surely going to miss all the controversies these three used to bring to the show. They knew exactly how to get ratings even at the cost of being racist at times and thats what I loved about the show. The trio showed how people take things a bit too seriously these days. People have just lost the ability to laugh at themselves and that is quite sad. Back to Chris Harris, I just love his YouTube channel Chris Harris on Cars. He is a super talented driver (have you seen the comparo of Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1 and the Porsche 918; also his review of the Cayman GT4) and a very fluid presenter. Rumors of David Coulthard appearing on the show may be true as he already writes columns for BBC's F1 page. But does anyone if they will retain the Stig and will Chris Evans be upto the task of introducing the Stig every week like JC did?

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 24 Dec 2015, 12:47 pm
Also, Chris Harris and Chris Evans as hosts are still British. But I think Evans is fairly, umm, boring. Now, with Sabine Schmitz also there, how are they going to crack German jokes any more? The Top Gear show is more about the humour and less about the cars in it really. I really wonder if this lot would share the same chemistry.

Stig-Wannabe

Second Gear (Confirmed Member)

Member: 24 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 3

• 24 Dec 2015, 2:01 pm
Chris Harris is alright, but he is no Clarkson or May or even Hammond. He may be a great driver/reviewer, but on all the other counts, I don't think he fits the bill. Both Sabine and David are great drivers, but don't think they quite cut it as presenters, let alone the 'Top Gear' ones. As for Chris Evans, he's plainly annoying.
I think Evans is trying to make Top Gear a 'car-show' back again. That's great news for petrol-heads, but for a majority of viewers it is likely going to get boring over the time. If the show continues with these 4 presenters, it will only be good enough for a Fifth Gear equivalent on the BBC, and not the best factual 'entertainment' show...in the world.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 24 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm
The new Top Gear will be VERY different from the show that we have come to know and love.
It will not be entertaining in the same way as the older show. The brains behind that one was, however hard you disagree with it, Jeremy Clarkson. The verbal and visual puns, the cars/vehicles reviewed, the locations visited and how they were portrayed were all scripted by a very small team led by Jeremy. Read enough articles online or read "And on That Bombshell" by Richard Porter (Top Gear's Script Editor) and you'd know that Jeremy was SO involved that he would make changes till the last moments before the show was recorded. There is so much of Jeremy's character involved in the show that it is difficult for the new one to replicate that.
I have accepted the fact that this new new Top gear will not be like the previous one at all. The Stig has been retained by the BBC for Top Gear - they could have a different segment in the show for him (the Stig's youtube channel may be a pointer in that direction). Chris Evans will not be introducing the Stig like JC did, that would be blasphemous.
I am confused for now - how many presenters are there? Three or Four? Anyway, for those worried about the not-so-well-known lineup there's the fact that JC, JM and RH were not well known themselves when the show began in 2002. Of the three (or four) names I like Chris Harris the most because of his work on YouTube and his articles for Evo, Autocar, Pistonheads, Jalopnik etc. Not sure how good Sabine Schmitz will be as a presenter, haven't seen much of her work except for her appearances on the earlier TG and the youtube videos of her kicking the s*** out of other drivers on track. Do not like Chris Evans, at all. He may be a gearhead, but he is NOT a good presenter. David Coulthard? Meh.
Damn, this is not the best lineup at all!

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 24 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm
Top gear, even though was a car show, had a much wider audience.
I know many people with hardly any interest in the cars who used to watch the show for the British humor. The show was less about facts and more about fun and entertainment.
We all know how exaggerated and inaccurate the reviews were and they are watched for the fun element rather than the actual reviews.
The tests and tasks were more designed for fun than to actually test the ability of the cars.
The main attraction in the show was the craziness shown by the trio, or to be more specific the madness of Clarkson and Hammond. James May, being an opposite here emphasized on how crazy the other two are.
Getting hosts who are good knowledge about cars is an important factor, but the entertainment is another important factor for which most of the audience tuned up to Top Gear.
I hope this show does not end up like "Two and a half men" without Charlie Sheen.

NikilSJ

• 30 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm ( 1 Photo )
So here’s what we know of JC’s new show for Amazon Prime.
The presenters will be the same. So we can expect the same motley crew of Clarkson, May and Hammond.
There will be a scene involving not one but three Reliant Robins - JC’s infamous episode from Top Gear series 15 where he manages to topple a Reliant Robin five times is set for a reprisal. The trio were apparently spotted driving Robins in central London two weeks back. Each of the Robins wore W Chump and Sons Ltd stickers, Clarkson’s new production company.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

The show will be in 4K - Earlier this month, Clarkson confirmed on Twitter that the new show will be made in ‘4K'.
The team tested The Ferrari TheFerrari, a Mac P1 and Porsche 918 at the Algarve International Circuit in Portimao Portugal.
The total budget for the show is £160m and Clarkson is making it himself with his own production company.
New name - While speculation is rife that the new show will be called Gear Knobs, Clarkson, however, tweeted last month, ”I see that many people think our new show is called Gear Knobs. Well you heard it here first. It isn’t."
It will cost you £79 to watch the show in the UK on Amazon Prime.
There will be 36 episodes - Former Top Gear producer Andy Wilmanhas confirmed there will be three series of 12 episodes. However, these will not be released together as is the norm with online streaming services like Netflix (think House of Cards). Instead it will be released one episode a week. The show will not have any ad breaks as well.
Can’t wait till next year for the show to air. All hail Piratebay! (Source - TheWeek.co.uk)

I Live For Spee..

Hypercar Boss

Member: 15 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 137

• 20 Jan 2016, 10:09 am ( 1 Photo )
Apparently Chris Evans got motion sickness while riding shotgun with Sabine Schmitz
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

via metro entertainment's twitter account
Schmitz was apparently behind the wheel of the new R8 V10 plus ( I LOVE the look of the new car , huge improvement over the last gen but apparently it has lost some of it's charm) when Chris Evans' stomach needed a time out.
I am surprised and also not surprised . Not surprised coz your stomach turns into a tumbler if you're riding shotgun with a racing driver in a supercar and surprised coz as someone who's used to driving supercars that shouldn't be the case! Maybe he had a heavy lunch or breakfast?

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 4 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm
So it looks like the short list is not yet done. Guess who's on Top Gear now? Joey, or rather Matt Le Blanc! http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...joins-top-gear

Arjun

• 4 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm
An American hosting top gear??
Are you serious? An American doing a famous British show. This is interesting.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 11 Feb 2016, 4:15 pm ( 1 Photo , 2 Videos )
Hear ye, HEAR YE! The Majesty's own television network has renewed its play with new characters!
(Let's get back to normal English before I embarrass myself further).
So the 'new' new TopGear will have 6 presenters and one mute driver - here's (v) the picture from TG, read more here - http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...ear-presenters
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

From left to right - Rory Reid (auto journalist from UK who has done a gadget/car show for Sky1 and is the editor-in-chief of a gadget/car website called Recombu) - a small sample of the guy's work , Sabine Schmitz (lady who can kick *** on a track in a van), Matt LeBlanc (Joey!), T**t (t*t), Chris Harris (Drift king), Eddie Jordan (real name Edmund Patrick Jordan, owned and ran the Jordan F1 team - interesting history it had) and that guy in the white racing overalls (some say that he's called the Stig, all we know is - he has a full size tattoo of his face, on his face).
Well - what do you think?
My guess is that this will be like the old top-gear - two/three hosts with the others doing the road tests or specific segments. Still confused if I should get excited or not.

Steve

First Gear

Member: 22 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 5

• 23 Feb 2016, 12:19 am
I like Matt le Blanc, personally I think he will do well. I like Chris Harria too. Time will tell how they all bind together though.

NikilSJ

• 1 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm ( 1 Video)
The first official trailer for the all-new Top Gear series with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc is out. Have a look

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 1 Apr 2016, 4:13 pm
I sure miss original teams commentary style especially clarkson's.but visually stunning just like the original show.With this Topgear and Jeremy's new show,Us lot's are in for a treat this year

JijoMalayil

Total Posts: 2293

• 11 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm ( 1 Video)
Right after the Topgear promo, Amazon has released a video teaser of the three hosts brainstorming on what to name the show! Take a look.

JOY MRC

• 11 Apr 2016, 5:59 pm ( 1 Video)
"Originally posted by JijoMalayil"
Right after the Topgear promo, Amazon has released a video teaser of the three hosts brainstorming on what to name the show! Take a look.

Their seating positions are still like doing Topgear News section .Hammond looks a bit more aged than the other two after Season 22 .can't wait to see them back in action

Arjun

• 12 May 2016, 8:19 am
Amazon has revealed the name of the new show starring Clarkson, May and Hammond. It is named "The Grand Tour".
BBC did not lose much time to announce that the new top gear series with new hosts would debut on 29th May.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36267294

JijoMalayil

• 12 May 2016, 10:49 am
"Originally posted by Arjun"
Amazon has revealed the name of the new show starring Clarkson, May and Hammond. It is named "The Grand Tour".
BBC did not lose much time to announce that the new top gear series with new hosts would debut on 29th May.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36267294

This is what they have come up with, after all these months! Gear Knobs sounds way better now Hopefully it will be known as The GT show, ready to kick TG's ***.

JijoMalayil

• 12 May 2016, 11:57 am ( 1 Video)
Here is the extended trailer for the new Top Gear series, debuting on 29th of May. Hardly any chemistry between the hosts. But, the shots are brilliant as ever! Matt leblanc really fits in, just love him!

NikilSJ

• 20 May 2016, 12:39 pm
So the all-new Top Gear returns on May 29th. Here’s some details about what you can expect from the first episode.
Chris Evans heads to Nevada to pay homage to the 1986 classic Top Gun which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year by pitting the 645bhp Dodge Viper ACR against a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 driven by Sabine Schmitz.
Matt LeBlanc takes Ariel’s mad Nomad into Morocco to kick up a storm and back in the UK, LeBlanc and Evans take a rain-soaked road trip to Blackpool in a pair of roofless Reliant Rialtos for a UK vs USA challenge.

NikilSJ

• 20 May 2016, 12:55 pm ( 1 Photo )
The first studio guests for the first episode will be The Social Network and Batman vs Superman star Jesse Eisenberg alongside Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay.

Arjun

• 23 May 2016, 2:30 pm
"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
So the all-new Top Gear returns on May 29th. Here’s some details about what you can expect from the first episode.
Chris Evans heads to Nevada to pay homage to the 1986 classic Top Gun which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year by pitting the 645bhp Dodge Viper ACR against a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 driven by Sabine Schmitz.
Matt LeBlanc takes Ariel’s mad Nomad into Morocco to kick up a storm and back in the UK, LeBlanc and Evans take a rain-soaked road trip to Blackpool in a pair of roofless Reliant Rialtos for a UK vs USA challenge.

Do the have a new Stig or are they using some of Stig's cousin for the next season? It would be interesting to see how the new hosts pull off the show.
I hope this does not end up like Two and a half men without Charlie Sheen.

NikilSJ

• 23 May 2016, 2:44 pm
Arjun the Stig is the same I think. I think there were glimpses of him in the extended trailer. But I truly wish the Stig would have quit BBC and joined Clarkson, Hammond and May on their new show.

JOY MRC

• 23 May 2016, 9:12 pm
"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
Arjun the Stig is the same I think. I think there were glimpses of him in the extended trailer. But I truly wish the Stig would have quit BBC and joined Clarkson, Hammond and May on their new show.
'The Stig' is the property of BBC.So Clarkson who came up with the original idea,can't use him in his own show .

NikilSJ

• 31 May 2016, 12:52 pm ( 1 Video)
The first Top Gear episode with the new hosts aired on 29th May. While I’m pretty sure none of us have seen it till now, the crew has introduced a couple of new things in the show. Gone is the old Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and in comes a very exciting Star in a Rallycross Car.
Yup, we’ve introduced some mud, some jumps and lots more oversteer potential around the circuit. And what better way to experience it than to ride onboard with TG and Extra Gear host Chris Harris?
They also have something called Extra Gear hosted by Chris Evans which gives you an inside view of how every episode was made. Seems quite brilliant doesn’t it.
Anyway, Top Gear just released this 360-degree view of the new rallycross track with Chris Evans behind the wheel of a brand-new Mini. Take a look and tell me what you think of the track.

JOY MRC

• 1 Jun 2016, 2:21 am ( 2 Photos )
Just saw the Extra gear episode and the first proper episode of Top gear UK Season 23.First impression is that its missing the X factor the old show had or maybe we got used to the old one,Don't know.Matt is the only good thing of the show from what I saw as Chris is just running around Yapping all the time which was irritating just like Sabine Schmidt's English The Cinematography is excellent as always.I think it will get better in the coming episodes.I cant wait for Clarkson's Show.Its a good year for car guys as we get to enjoy both of these shows.

More Photos

Akshat Pokhriya..

First Gear

Member: 02 Apr, 2016

Total Posts: 94

• 1 Jun 2016, 9:39 am
Just found this article about the ratings and feedback of new top gear, aired on Sunday.
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/31/t...tings-critics/

JOY MRC

• 1 Jun 2016, 10:44 am
Akshat Pokhriyal Thanks for the link.what did I tell ya,that Evan's just wouldn't Shut up
Quote from the site "If critics and fans say you're shouting too much on TV, it's probably best to avoid "shouting" on Twitter, Chris" I also think he would be sacked after the first season like that Fat Guy Jason was replaced by James May in the early Topgear.I think they should bring back Jason.He was a better presenter than Evans

Akshat Pokhriya..

First Gear

Member: 02 Apr, 2016

Total Posts: 94

• 1 Jun 2016, 4:52 pm
Agreed. Jason was a quite a chubby and happy guy, always had a smile and eager to do things. Evans is just too loud for a show like Top Gear. He's better off with some reality TV show where they need drama more and presentation less. Nothing would ever beat the old trio, but there's a lot that'd do better than Evans. Le'blanc is star though, as always.

NikilSJ

• 1 Jun 2016, 5:06 pm ( 2 Videos )
I think Matt Le Blanc should lead the show instead of Chris Evans. He knows more about cars than Evans does and have you seen Matt drive in the old Star In A Reasonably Priced Car? He was just brilliant on that lap. He said, "Just don't use the brakes much, that's all". Now that's my kinda guy. He did a 1.42.1 beating Rowan Atkinson. I think he had the fastest time on the board for a long time.
Take a look:

And now compare Matt's "boring" but tidy lap to this:

'nuff said, I'd say.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 3 Jun 2016, 3:39 pm
If anybody here has not watched the newest Top Gear episode, save yourself the horror and DON'T WATCH IT!
Chris Evans. The man is on the verge of ruining whatever reputation he has with the fake wannabe Jeremy Clarkson attitude and isn't going down too well with anyone. Speedzilla and I were watching it together and were thoroughly dissapointed with how they have tried to maintain the same story line with new hosts and it does not seem to be working. This can be assumed to be a teething problem, similar to the one faced by Top Gear USA when it has first aired. They went to try and imitate the trio and terribly failed at it. Finally, after 2 seasons, they learned their lesson and changed the plot completely from the third season onwards and boy did it become better.
I think BBC should think about the same thing for Top Gear or it'll be history soon. On the other hand, you HAVE TO WATCH ExtraGear - it's this 20-minute show which airs right after Top Gear and has Chris Harris along with the Bonnie fellow (not being able to recall his full name). ExtraGear is actually nice and a pleasant change. Also, Harris is a way better host than Evans.

JOY MRC

• 10 Jun 2016, 1:52 pm ( 2 Photos )
Just Finished watching the Second episode of Topgear Season 23.I had hoped for better performance after seeing the 2nd 'Extra gear' episode and I am happy to report, I was not disappointed The show has switched back to the old format and thankfully it is over the unbearable atrocity that was the First episode.Oh no,Evans has not yet stopped yelling but the overall quality of the show has went up a few notches post the first one and there is no Sabine Schmidt on this one.The Cinematography is stunning as always and Its a Visual Treat for us lot.The Mclaren 675LT stole the show.The SUV tour(Jaguar F-Pace,Mercedes GLC and Porsche Macan) was enjoyable,surprisingly with Diesel Hearts(Only a Rare phenomenon on old Topgear) and the underdog of the pack 'Porsche Macan' proved it was still pretty much game for the newbies .
It was forgotten by many as aptly pointed out by CorsaVeloce .
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

On another note,I hope Evans stop referencing Old top gear with each episode.Earlier it was 'we don't talk about catering now on this show' and Now we don't do 'On that Bombshell' all hinting straight to Jeremy Clarkson.who surprisingly has still not made any comment on the new show as he said he haven't watched because he's busy making 'The Grand Tour' which everyone is waiting anxiously to come out.But if Clarkson decides to mock back,then we all know who will get hit most on the show So he better watch his mouth.Anyways waiting for the next episode.Pour in your views as well.Regards...

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 10 Jun 2016, 4:11 pm
JOY MRC
Now you've given me reason to watch it again. Thanks for that quick review. I will look up the links that CorsaVeloce sent me this weekend.

JijoMalayil

• 21 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm
As expected, the viewership for the Top Gear season 23 have dropped to an all time low since it's revival by Jeremy Clarkson in 2002. The fouth episode of the season only saw a viewership of only 2.3 million, when compared to 4.4 million the first episode witnessed. I could barely sit through the first episode, din't have the courage to watch the second one though I heard that they have switched to the older format.
And statistics from overnights.tv, the audience appreciation index (AI) collected by BBC claims that the first episode scored 60/100 in the AI which is considered poor. The 2nd and 3rd episodes managed scores of 68 and 69 respectively. The average score for a BBC Two show in 82.

Arjun

• 21 Jun 2016, 3:25 pm
As expected, the viewership for the Top Gear season 23 have dropped to an all time low since it's revival by Jeremy Clarkson in 2002. The fouth episode of the season only saw a viewership of only 2.3 million, when compared to 4.4 million the first episode witnessed. I could barely sit through the first episode, din't have the courage to watch the second one though I heard that they have switched to the older format.
And statistics from overnights.tv, the audience appreciation index (AI) collected by BBC claims that the first episode scored 60/100 in the AI which is considered poor. The 2nd and 3rd episodes managed scores of 68 and 69 respectively. The average score for a BBC Two show in 82.
I may be prejudiced, but even though I was a follower of Top Gear and used to watch it as soon as it was available. However, even though I got the news about the new season, I don't have any interest in watching it. Also from the discussions here, there is hardly any motivation anymore. Let's see what the old crew cooks up with Amazon.

JijoMalayil

• 19 Jul 2016, 3:20 pm ( 2 Videos )
Teaser time guys. A teaser for the upcoming show "The Grand Tour" is out. Check it out, its hilarious!

Here comes the new tame racing driver.

Niki Lauda

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 65

• 19 Jul 2016, 3:43 pm
Hey! This ain't The Grand Tour. "Get your facts right!" LoL. This is from a live show that the three did for BBC some two years back. These cars were launched some two years back so they would definitely not test them two years later. What ya JijoMalayil

NikilSJ

• 19 Jul 2016, 3:45 pm
Yes. Niki Lauda is right. Besides, to get any kind of leaked video of The Grand Tour would be impossible as the show will debut on the internet through Amazon's services only. So unless Amazon releases a video officially it is impossible for us to even have a vague idea of what the show would be like.

JijoMalayil

• 19 Jul 2016, 3:46 pm
Niki Lauda Yeah, figured it out bro! The AMG GTS was launched sometime in 2015, so it has to be after that, right? I hope the The Grand Tour is as good as this. It really got our hopes high!

Niki Lauda

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 65

• 19 Jul 2016, 4:26 pm ( 1 Video)
JijoMalayil yes it did. How much longer till the show airs man. It's been too long since I saw those three monkeys goofing around with some used cars. I've heard the new show was shot completely outdoors with no segments in the studio. If that's the case, expect Any Wilman to come up with some proper footage. I think this will be even better than the Top Gear show the three of them hosted earlier. Meanwhile,

JOY MRC

• 20 Jul 2016, 3:05 pm ( 2 Photos )
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->
It is from this event.Clarkson,Hammond and May Live.Never got to see the full film but it looks pretty hilarious.Cant wait for the new show.

JijoMalayil

• 1 Sep 2016, 11:44 am
Here is yet an another Grand Tour teaser released by Amazon Prime. Too long a wait it has been!
youtube.com/watch?v=A43xazxHueQ

JOY MRC

• 1 Sep 2016, 12:42 pm
Here is yet an another Grand Tour teaser released by Amazon Prime. Too long a wait it has been!
youtube.com/watch?v=A43xazxHueQ
FAR TOOO LONGGG .Aargh ! torrent ban makes it even worse .

JijoMalayil

• 16 Sep 2016, 3:06 pm
JOY MRC It's official, the Grand Tour will premiere on September 18 on Amazon Prime. How do one see it?

Arjun

• 16 Sep 2016, 4:04 pm
JijoMalayil
I tried it and didn't find a simple way.
The steps are as follows.
1. Download the Amazon underground app
This is not available on the store so you need to download the apk from amazon.com
2. In the underground app, change country to US and go to underground store. Search for Amazon Video.
3. Login to Amazon video using your amazon id.
Watch videos

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 16 Sep 2016, 4:22 pm
Arjun
I am sure you can install a proxy server software like 'Tunnel Bear' on your laptop and then switch country to UK and watch it. That's how I watched the entire Top Gear series on BBC UK's Youtube Channel.

JOY MRC

• 16 Sep 2016, 5:00 pm

JijoMalayil OR... go to torrentz2.eu after premiere and download like good old topgear days. I'm sure somebody will upload. use sites like proxyweb.co.uk to see the blocked torrent sites and get torrent file If you are interrogated by cops, It was all Roshun's Idea

JijoMalayil

• 16 Sep 2016, 5:12 pm
JOY MRC Should we be discussing this on the forum? Torrentz is still illegal in India right? 3-years jail time and Rs 3 lakh fine.

Arjun

• 16 Sep 2016, 5:24 pm
Jijo, the ruling is no longer valid. A recent court judgement said that watching and downloading pirated films is not an offence. Distribution of the same is.
Source.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/54013624.cms

JOY MRC

• 16 Sep 2016, 5:34 pm
JijoMalayil
It's apparently safe now as Arjun mentioned. I wouldn't put it up if there was a potential risk. I'm giving out a Statutory message as well.
People of the world... 'DO NOT' FOLLOW THE STEPS above to watch The Grand Tour. There, All good

Arjun

• 16 Sep 2016, 7:10 pm
JOY MRC
You need not worry. Even if the rule applies and you get arrested, we will make sure that the Top Contributor can work from Jail. We will sneak in a Reliance Jio phone so that you can continue posting.

JOY MRC

• 16 Sep 2016, 7:51 pm
"Originally posted by Arjun"
JOY MRC You need not worry. Even if the rule applies and you get arrested, we will make sure that the Top Contributor can work from Jail. We will sneak in a Reliance Jio phone so that you can continue posting.
We will need a lot more than one Jio in that case. I'm not going alone Arjun my partner in crime

Arjun

• 27 Sep 2016, 1:13 pm
Matt LeBlanc will be returning as the top gear host.He has officially signed a two year deal as the host of top gear which returns next year.
Chris Harris and Rory Reid would also be returning as the co-hosts of the show. Chris Evans who was the front man of the show last year would not be returning next year.
The Stig, Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan would continue to have appearance in the show.
Source.
http://movies.ndtv.com/television/ma...ory=Television

JOY MRC

• 4 Oct 2016, 8:16 pm ( 2 Photos )
JijoMalayil Arjun The opening scene to Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May’s on The Grand Tour has been reported to be the most expensive scene ever shown on the small screen, According a report by UK's The Sun, The favorite motoring trio will be amplifying the craziness on display in the old Top Gear, upping the game with the grand opening of the new show with reportedly “150 cars, 2,000 support crew, acrobats, stilt-walkers and six jet planes” set in the desert . They just want everyone to know who is the boss
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->
The trio will be driving three heavily-modified red, white and blue Ford Mustang's alongside $25.5 million worth of Supercars, including a Bugatti Veyron and Rolls-Royce.
The entire sequence is said to cost around $3.2 million (~21 Crore+ INR), which simply is a lot of $$$, Amazon Prime wasn't kidding when they announced it as a big budget launch. I have no idea how this scene is supposed to come together, so let’s hope it’s worth it!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->
The first episode will be up on Amazon on November 18th and I cant wait to see the show(Haven't figured out how yet ).

JijoMalayil

• 7 Oct 2016, 11:31 am ( 1 Video)
The trailer for the first season of the Grand Tour (GT) is out and is reported be hosted at a different location (moving tent) each episode, that too in four different continents. Jeremey Clarkson had recently tweeted that the show will have 12 episodes in its first season with one Christmas special. November 18th it is then, with an episode being released every week!

NikilSJ

• 16 Nov 2016, 4:58 pm
Good News! The Grand Tour will premiere this Friday (18th November) on Amazon Prime. As a publicity stunt, JC, JM and RH have been leaving crashed Prisuses all over the world. Here's one such photo of a crashed Prius from Kings, Cross, London.

It's no secret that the trio hates the Toyota Prius. But they never destroyed one (or three for that matter) in the past as these cars were expensive to purchase and BBC's budget didn't permit it. The BBC budget meant that they could only crash grand pianos on top of cars like the Morris Marina. But now with Amazon shelling out the big bucks for the new show, it looks like the boys have enough dough to crash Priuses across the world. For more updates on The Grand Tour, take a look at their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/thegrandtour

JijoMalayil

• 17 Nov 2016, 10:39 am ( 1 Video)
Putting to rest the speculation of whether The Grand Tour will be available in India at its premiere tomorrow (18th November), the trio has released a video explaining the same. So it turns out it would be available only in the USA, UK, Germany and Japan from the start. The rest of the countries will have access starting from December.

JijoMalayil

• 6 Feb 2017, 3:31 pm ( 1 Video)
With the Grand Tour Season 1 coming to an end with the episode 13, BBC has at the time released a trailer for their 24th season of Top Gear. Three hosts for the season - Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid. No Chris Evans! Trailer in which they sit before an insurance risk assessor, subsequently showing us a glimpse of what to expect for this season. The Stig also makes an appearance. Check it out!

Fourth Div