Triumph Bonneville Bobber Custom Unveiled

Triumph Bonneville Bobber Custom Unveiled

Triumph Bonneville B..

• 20 Oct 2016, 3875 Views

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1798

• 20 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm ( 7 Photos , 1 Video)
Triumph says its new custom Bonneville Bobber is 'Brutally Beautiful' and I couldn't agree more! I was drooling looking at the pictures. Have a look at this Brit Beaut:
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

I'd buy two! I'd use one and put the other one for display in my living room!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

The engine is based on the Bonneville T120 platform and uses the same 'High Torque' 1200 cc unit. The engine is tuned to suit the Bobber more as it gets a new pair of air filters, new twin air box, and a revised output shaft. The bike also comes with ride-by-wire throttle with two riding modes (road and rain). Another great thing about this engine is its impressive service interval. The first major service stands at a whopping 16,000 km! The bike also comes with a switchable traction control and torque assisted clutch, which reduces rider fatigue.
True to the Bobber tradition, the ignition barrel is located next to the engine:
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

The single pod instrument cluster hosts myriad information like gear position indicator, odomoter, rev counter, two trip meters, service indicator, range to empty, fuel level, average and current MPG (Miles Per Gallon) readings, clock, traction control settings, your horoscope and your dad's horoscope!!
The chassis, suspension and the frame have been developed solely for this bike. The seating position is bang on bobber-like and can be customized to suit your riding style too. The carefully detailed floating saddle is a four-way adjustable unit. The instrument cluster can be adjusted as well, thanks to a quick release mechanism. The frame gives you that authentic hard-tail look with its concealed monoshock rear suspension. Taking the 'custom' authenticity even further, all the electronic doodads have been cleverly hidden to give you that clean look. Me likey!
The twin exhausts have also gone through the knife to complement the design of this machine as the slash-cut peashooters give out that unique hot-rod sound. To make sure your ride is safe, the Bobber also comes with an engine immobilizer. There is a transponder in the bike's key and it is paired with the receiver in the ignition system. Thus, the bike starts only when the key is present. With brawny style and tech-laden underpinnings, the Bonnie Bobber is indeed one helluva package!
Impeccable attention-to-detail!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

If that isn't enough, Triumph also offers a host of accessories like heated grips, Vance and Hines Exhaust system, clip-on handlebars, ape-hangers, bar-end mirrors, LED indicators, cruise control kit, swingarm-mounted saddlebag and much more! Apparently, there are over 150 accessories to choose from. You can have a new bike every now and then!
I think I've found my soulmate.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1798

• 12 Dec 2016, 5:33 pm
Triumph Bonneville Bobber Custom: India Launch Soon
It is finally happening! According to a report by NDTV carandbike.com, the Bobber is going to be launched in India by Triumph soon. The bike is expected to command a premium over the Bonneville T120 and is likely to be around INR 10-12 Lac range, ex-showroom, Delhi. Over 150 accessories are likely to be offered to customise the bike and enhance the riding experience. The engine is the same as the one in Bonneville T120, but is tuned for more low-end torque and power to conform to the hot-rod custom cruiser style. Time to start saving up!

Fourth Div