User Review of Maruti Ciaz

User Review of Maruti Ciaz

User Review of Marut..

• 19 Oct 2016, 4674 Views

• 19 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm
I have not found this topic on this forum. So I plan to put my reason for buying the Maruti Caiz and experience till date.
My earlier car (Maruti Swift) has done wonderful service for 1.5 lac km. However, it was now time to upgrade. First, we planned our budget and decided it should be around 10 lacs. I wanted good ground clearance and hence we first looked at the Creta and S-Cross. While the Creta was out of budget, the S-Cross appealed from the inside. However, it lacks AC vents in the rear. To keep rear occupants cools, I felt I would feel cold. Secondly it has a huge hump in the middle, which made it uncomfortable for the 5th passenger. Hence, decided to look for a Sedan.
We shortlisted the City and Ciaz. Having a six footer in the family, you need good cabin space and both these cars can give the next level cars (e.g. Corolla) a run for their money. After the test drive, I was totally confused. Both ticked most of the boxes.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 20 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm
Gautam _67, I was in the same dilemma as you about 6 months back. Did an extensive research on the cars that come under the 10 - 12 lakh sedan segment and finally went ahead and bought the City.
You are right about the fact that both the Ciaz and City offer great value and give the cars of the above segment a run for their money. For me, the deciding factor was the how the Honda drove. For a person who enjoys driving a car, the Ciaz does not even come close to the City. But it you are going to be driven around, then the Ciaz makes sense.
Im also a six footer and I tested both these cars for rear legroom while the front seats were adjusted to my driving position and to my suprise, the City was the better of the two.
To sum all this up, you should buy the Ciaz only if you are extremely concerned about the mileage (not that the City is worse, just that the Ciaz is marginally better) and will be driver-driven most of the times. Otherwise, just go for the City. Will keep you happy.

Total Posts: 31

• 20 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm ( 2 Photos )
Here's how these cars performed at BIC.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

Total Posts: 31

• 20 Oct 2016, 4:02 pm ( 2 Photos )
"Originally posted by gautam _67"Here's how these cars performed at BIC.

First screen shot is from YouTube of AutoX comparing the four cars.
Second is a comment on YouTube of Auto Portal comparing Caiz and City.

• 20 Oct 2016, 4:32 pm
My six footer son found 5th seat space better in Caiz. I went for Ciaz.

Here are my comments based on its use (over 1500 km)
1. The reverse camera with sensors is very helpful.
2. No fogging with auto AC during the monsoons in Mumbai.
3. Performs the duty well in the city. This is where most of the driving happens.
4. On the Mumbai Pune Highway, there were very rare spots when I felt the lack of power.
5. Music system is good.
6. AVN Connects easily through Bluetooth. You can listen to music and receive calls easily.
7. You can make calls through the audio controls on the steering wheel.
8. The drive was comfortable.
9. The rear sun guard screen is very helpful.
10. Controls available for each AC vent.
11. The odometer is showing a mileage of 15.6 km/l. Not sure of its accuracy but surely feel it is above 15.
12. I found the cabin to be quite (petrol version) on the highway. If I didn't watch the odometer, I would easily be causing in triple digits.
13. Boot space inspires for a long journey.

What I didn't like:
1. Navigation system is from Nokia. Google maps is surely better. It is difficult to get the exact location unless you know the geo coordinates.
2. The handrest in the middle is bigger than the City, but in my driving position, I barely manage to keep my elbow on it.

Total Posts: 31

• 21 Oct 2016, 9:57 am ( 2 Photos )
As I mentioned earlier, the navigation is a bit complicated. Attaching a photo. One has to feed state, city, street, intersection and then select from a limited options for house no.
It is also does not show how crowded the route is. However, it does give an estimated time.
I find it useful for long journey where it atleast takes me to the area. I can easily see the screen easily. Also the lady differentiates between a bare left and left. The screen is placed conveniently. For the last part I can use the Google maps, saving my mobile battery.
So if you have to go below a flyover, from the left, it will say Bare left. However, if it is a proper left turn, she will say left turn. Though at times she get confused between left and right.
At one particular point when I connect to the Sion Panvel highway, it show a right turn (correct) in the navigation but says take a left.
Needs some getting used to.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 25 Oct 2016, 8:17 pm
Gautam _67
Which variant of the Ciaz do you have? If you have the ZXI Plus / ZDI Plus, these cars now come with Android Auto integrated in the music system. You can connect your phone via the USB cable to the USB port, download android auto app on the phone and then plug it in. The system will then allow you to use Google Maps with turn-by-turn directions, and will show you live traffic, which is pretty useful.
See this for a comparison: https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/post...ctivity-option

• 26 Oct 2016, 10:00 am
Thanks Roshun. You have tried Android Auto on Hyundai and Chevy. I have Maruti Ciaz ZXI plus. I have downloaded Android Auto on my mobile.
When I bought the car the Sales agent clearly told me that it has only Apple Car play and Mirror Link. Even the booklet gives information of these 2 connectivity options only. I checked https://www.android.com/auto/Suzuki. The site mentions that it will soon be available in newly purchased Suzuki vehicles. No date given yet. www.mirrorlink.com/phones website gives the list of phones on which it would work. The list has some HTC phones, one LG phone, Samsung and Sony phones.So my wait gets a bit longer.

Total Posts: 31

• 26 Oct 2016, 11:34 am ( 1 Photo )

Attaching the photo when reversing. The reverse camera has two vertical lines. This helps the driver know the direction in which the car is moving and what behind and on the sides.
The horizontal lines help with the distance. As soon a sa vehicle is near the yellow line, you hear a beep. If it reaches the red line, the beep is louder and continuous.
This is very helpful in tight parking conditions and while parking parallel to the footpath.

• 29 Nov 2016, 1:08 pm
I recently did 2 trips on the highway. One was to Mahableshwar and the other to Surat.

The Mahableshwar trip is scenic. It involve s a climb up the hill. Got an average of 17.5 kmpl.

The Surat trip is scenic in parts. I reached the highway after an hour of city driving, which was not crowded by Mumbai standards. Once near Vapi, you may feel some chemical smell. I returned an average of 18.5 kmpl.

Fourth Div