Purchasing a Second ..

• 17 Oct 2016, 7999 Views

santosh belchad..

First Gear

Member: 17 Oct, 2016

Total Posts: 2

• 17 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm
Dear all
Please advise as i am purchasing a second hand from the 2nd owner bike which is not transferred in his name & still in the name of 1st owner . As the seller 2nd owner has told he will provide the form 28,29 & 30 signed by the first owner. So shall i go for the deal & what are the documents to be taken from him apart from this. Is there any fines I will have to pay because the 2nd owner has not registered in his name. Need your necessary advice

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 17 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm
There won't be any fines that you will have to pay. In fact, if the bike has not been transferred to the second owner, that means you will become the 'second owner' on paper when you transfer the bike to your name. Besides the forms signed by the first owner, also ask for a photo ID of the first owner, just to make sure that it's a genuine deal. This is for your reference only, to make sure the vehicle is not a stolen one or something. Also verify the number on vahan.nic.in

santosh belchad..

First Gear

Member: 17 Oct, 2016

Total Posts: 2

• 22 Oct 2016, 5:48 pm
Thanks Roshun for your advice. There is 1 more query that I had seen another bike Royal Enfield bike in Bangalore of 1988 standard model as i want to use it in Udupi. So in this case as the vehicle is registered in Karnataka state , so I have to just transfer the name of owner with the RTO in Bangalore to get new RC book. As in future for any RTO related work shall I have to approach the Bangalore RTO or Udupi RTO. Because in future when i have to get the fitness passing of the vehicle which expires on 2020, at that time where do I have to pay the tax - Udupi RTO or Bangalore. Please advice.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 23 Oct 2016, 11:20 pm
"Originally posted by santosh belchada"
Thanks Roshun for your advice. There is 1 more query that I had seen another bike Royal Enfield bike in Bangalore of 1988 standard model as i want to use it in Udupi. So in this case as the vehicle is registered in Karnataka state , so I have to just transfer the name of owner with the RTO in Bangalore to get new RC book. As in future for any RTO related work shall I have to approach the Bangalore RTO or Udupi RTO. Because in future when i have to get the fitness passing of the vehicle which expires on 2020, at that time where do I have to pay the tax - Udupi RTO or Bangalore. Please advice.
Since the vehicle is from the same state, you can get the name transfer easily. You can get a fitness certificate from the Udupi RTO in 2020 and pay the tax for the next five years at that RTO. Within the same state this is not an issue. Many years ago, I used to have a Yezdi registered with some RTO in Thirunelveli, and I was using it in Madras. I had to pay yearly tax then and I used to do it every year in Chennai itself.

Fourth Div