Restoration Diaries - 1995 LML Vespa Select 150 ES

Restoration Diaries - 1995 LML Vespa Select 150 ES

Restoration Diaries ..

• 20 Sep 2016, 19279 Views

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 20 Sep 2016, 4:03 am ( 28 Photos , 1 Video)

"If you ask me, The best back seat ride I have ever experienced on 4 wheels would be that of the Hindustan Ambassador and that on a 2 wheeler will definitely be the LML Vespa."
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

Pic Credits : Team-BHP

The seats are so comfortable with soft cushioning and an additional adjustable backrest(patented hence not seen on any other scooter brand). The suspension was another thing which can put even modern day 2 wheeler's to shame. Riding it was a different story though and one of the main reasons for the downfall of geared scooters. It would need some time to master the art of driving one. especially the unique cold starting procedure(The NASA Rocket and Bajaj Chetak Joke comes to mind ).
The Vespa had a strong influence in my life. I still remember the night when my father brought it home, all shiny and new. It was our family run about and it did all its chores brilliantly be it taking 3 or 4 on board or running with 2 and full loaded Gas cylinder(No agency delivery like nowadays) on the back. The select-I had a wider rear spring loaded carrier and it could be used to carry practically anything tied with some rope .
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

Pic Credits : theautomotiveindia(TAI)

I started off riding standing on the center floor area like any typical 90's middle class family and I enjoyed every bit of it. Why?
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

My dad would occasionally allow me to work on the accelerator. The feeling is beyond words especially for a little kid . Several vehicles came and went over the years but the Vespa is still there in my garage. My dad drove it from the day we got it (24-07-1995) to the day before he passed away(29-04-2007). I was quite shocked with his sudden demise and the Vespa was holding too many memories of him. My uncle drove it for the first few months and later, It was parked in the porch as it started giving out several problems. I had a 2006 Honda Dio...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

which was my daily ride within city limits and the Joymobile for longer distances back then. The scooter by then couldn't be kick started as pedal was moving freely and the self mechanism had died few years after purchase(common issue)[There was a lot of bad surprises during rebuild], so it was kind of in an abandoned stage. Wooden blocks were placed under the engine to avoid over pressure on the tyres in the long run. It started to develop rust issues by late 2009 and I was in Engg. College by that time and on the way to college(~27 kms from the city) we saw several LML and Bajaj scooters left to rot in front of old scooter-bike service centers. I saw what was to become of our scooter if left unattended for longer.
I started to look at the possible options. Even the Honda Dio was unused most of the time as my college run about would either be the Joymobile or the Esteem. So fixing up the Vespa meant it would also be left unused as I am the sole driver at home(me and my mom, sis and family settled in UAE) the vehicle count would now be 4 which is one too many. The scooter was over the 15 year registration period and the re-registration was due. Road Tax, Insurance, Paint and Repair bills etc was already estimated to the tune of 12-14k, which is not a lot but considering the value of the scooter to be 2000-3000/- (offered by many) in the current state, plonking so much money didn't make any sense.
BUT Like I mentioned, the emotional value to us, made it price-less. SO I decided to sell the Honda Dio and use the money for a ground up restoration. I wanted the scooter to feel fresh like when we got it back in 1995. It should also be dependable and something we could pass onto the next generation(The Irony was that I was selling a 9000 km run Bullet proof 'Honda' for a 15 year old 'Italian' Vespa with a broken odometer
).
Now all this was happening in 2010, I posted an ad on olx after getting green signal from mom for the project. Dio was sold very quickly due to its pristine condition. Unlike the usual process of getting vehicle to the mechanic first, I started the hunt for cosmetic parts which was the hardest thing in the entire build. I found most of the parts on the internet but, they were all listed from other countries like UK, Italy, Australia etc. Even sites which were based in India like Bulletwala, RoyalSpares, Vintage Auto Exports and A.S Exports had listed the items with International shipping rates only and prices in dollars which would convert to a lot more than its actual value. I contacted them via email and they were gracious enough to send me the item if I made payment to their respective bank account. I was a bit unsure as I was new to online shopping then but had no other option as some of the parts which I did find locally after tons of searching were of terrible quality and sure to break after a few days of use. Parts like the Self starter wiring(More on that later), Switch, T5 Visor etc were only available with sabs scooters, UK(Exported from India) which were shipped back to me for a bucket load of money.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_8## -->

In the meantime, I had found a good mechanic who still does old scooters. The huge disadvantage which was found later was that the best one at the job is always the lazy one . The restoration was stalled to the tune of 6 months altogether(some due to parts availability and mostly due to sheer laziness along with other quick jobs at the shop). When the scooter was dismantled for the first time, we found that many parts including the starter motor, wiring and some stuff's were missing on the scooter(stolen by mechanics over the years ). As I mentioned, the self start conked off after a few years. There was a design flaw with the LML Vespa's battery drain tube placement. the battery water(acid) would spill onto the metal side step and surrounds and start rusting from the inside(not visible due to the left side panel). Most Vespa owners simply got rid of their batteries after sensing the issue as a common fix rather than finding a proper fix(starting is fairly easy even with kick start). Sealed batteries like the Amaron PRO Rider(12V 9Ah) which I have Installed now was not available back in 90's and for the record, electric start was considered as more of a luxury(unwanted) feature back in scooters back then.
Fast forward to 2010, Me and my friends would go parts hunting after college to near by scrap yards and workshops looking for various cosmetic and mechanical parts like electric start motor and stuff. Same plan on weekends too, I would search each and every spare shops and scrap yards(I do the searching most of the time as the shopwallah's never bother to spend more than 10 minutes) and these searches have all been fruitful and very satisfying at the end of the day. I spent the rest of the free time at the workshop doing small tinkering works on the Vespa and persuading the mechanic to work on the scooter.
Over the course of 1 year, the parts kept coming and although slowly, the restoration progressed. The vehicle was fully restored by September 2011. I hand painted all the monograms/badges(filled silver paint inside cleaned whitener pen) and with a lot of retries, was able to do them all. The small Piaggio badge under the headlight was the hardest to do due to the small size and extremely small letters, same goes for the glove box 'V' badge which also had small lettering(Indicative image below- Item procured at a later date). I also redid the paint on the speedometer dials as the colors were faded. also fixed the lights inside the same. Results were quite satisfying since it looked original. The fuel gauge motor inside the speedometer console was in bad shape but it was even terrible in all the other scrap consoles i procured. So finally ended up cleaning the original one thoroughly and reassembled the console panel.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_9## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_10## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_11## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_12## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_13## -->

The original wine factory paint finish was a bit dim in person. I opted for a similar but richer looking metallic 'midnight bronze' shade of paint which didn't require a change of color to be entered in the RC book. The engine was reported to be in good shape so didn't need a full rebuild. Just changed the main oil seals due to excessive smoke and did a proper tune up. I replaced parts like the silencer, headlamps, other lights, cowl etc as a proactive measure. I was successful in sourcing original old stock parts of the same from a local store after quite a bit of searching.
The most tricky part for the mechanic was fixing up of the Electric start mechanism. I was the only customer so far who demanded to fix this on an LML Vespa. He did finally succeed in making the system in working order. He had to make a few in-house modifications to the charging system as the battery was not getting charged from the original setup. Starter motors which were arranged from various scrapyards had one issue or another(replaced almost 7 due to faulty Bendix or bad altogether).

At last..... On a perfect evening in September 2011, the scooter was delivered to me with blank number plates just like a brand new vehicle and I proudly went to the nearest petrol pump for a tankful. It was a 2 stroke scooter, so had to put in 2T oil along with petrol. so for easy math, I decided to fill 5 liters of petrol and 200 ml of oil(40 ml of 2T oil per liter of fuel recommended). Then I discovered that the fuel gauge was not working(It would move just a bit over from empty position), It was a mechanical setup and connections were checked by myself to be good during install. so decided not to nitpick(as i already spent too much time on the build) and continue my journey to home. Took the scooter to my dad's resting place and took the first set of pics. Kindly excuse the picture quality as it was shot from my w960i mobile from back in the day and without any editing. Parts like the wheel caps, under body spoiler were still in transit when the pictures were taken.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_14## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_15## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_16## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_17## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_18## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_19## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_20## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_21## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_22## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_23## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_24## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_25## -->

It took a total of around 19000/- including all the paper work(about 6000/- via broker) plus lot of patience, blood, sweat and elbow grease.
But what good is a story without a twist in the tale. right? There is one here as well.
2 days after the delivery, I couldn't resist myself from taking it out for a quick spin after an hour long wash and polishing session. It was holidays in between and the re-registration was supposed to go on next day. I was doing a 70 kph sprint when suddenly a Verito sedan infront of me decided to brake as it missed a side road to turn. I slammed on both the brakes as a reflex action but unlike the Dio which would have stopped without a fuss(better front to back weight distribution), The Vespa started to shake its booty violently(front is light and rear is heavy) and I fell on to the road right after. Thankfully there was no other vehicle coming from opposite direction or from back. The Verito wallah took me to the nearest hospital and I was left with 3 stitches to the Jaw area and some dings here and there, nothing serious. I was really sad. Not for me, but for the scooter. It was scratched pretty badly on the right with headlamp and the entire cowl completely ripped. But the imports thankfully were unharmed and the scooter was taken back to the workshop for fixing. In Short, I missed the re-test.. again .
After recovering from the incident, I was able to get my hands on the last set of original parts that the shop had and with some nip and tuck, the Vespa Select came back to its former glory. Paper work was completed on October 2011. The scooter was used for short commutes after that and eventually that too became less and less frequent. Now its just a start up once in a while.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_26## -->

Your's Truly(back in 2011)

I would like to thank each and everyone who have been an integral part in completing my long time dream project to reality.
My Mom...
My sis...
My Friends...
My Mechanics...
A lot of LML Vespa's which donated their precious parts for my build from across Kerala...
Scooter Spare Shops all around Trivandrum,Kerala.
SABS SCOOTERS, LONDON(Mr. Saby)...
VINTAGE AUTO EXPORTS, Ludhiana, Punjab
A.S EXPORTS(Spare Parts.Available), Delhi
ROYAL SPARES, Delhi
BULLETWALA, Delhi
For my loving DAD & his ever loving memories...
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
---------------------------------------
  • 149.56cc 2stroke single cylinder,forced air cooled with rotary distribution with 5 transfer ports(3 ports for non electric start models)
  • Max.power - 7.5(+/- 0.3) BHP [5.8KW] @ 5000 rpm
  • Max.torque - 1.3 kgm [13 Nm] @ 3500 rpm
  • CDI Electronic ignition system(Segment First)
  • 4 speed constant mesh transmission, Wet clutch plate
  • Electric Start[Segment First]
  • Front : Single sided trailing link suspension, Rear : Coil Spring shock absorbers
  • Front and Rear Drum brakes
  • Fuel Gauge(Segment First)
  • Adjustable Rear Back rest(Unique Feature)
  • Tire Size - 3.5 x 10 inch
  • Top speed - 95 kph(according to CUNA standard)
  • 5 year standard warranty(Unheard of at that time)
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_27## -->

The 5 year re-registration is due next month(October 2016) and all its needs is a good tune up and polish along with some minor replacements. Will post pics after completion of the same. Thanks for reading.
Regards...

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 20 Sep 2016, 7:00 am
Excellent restoration project Joy. The Vespa looks lovely. Maroon is a colour I love too. I remember when this scooter came out, how it was leagues ahead of the Bajaj Chetak with features such as adjustable back rest, electric start, pilot lamps, fuel gauge etc, which the Chetak didn't have then.

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 20 Sep 2016, 11:11 am
JOY MRC Nicely restored and well-written piece! After reading your post, I feel sad on giving up my 1995 RE Standard Even though we completely restored the bike, it was still giving us troubles - Either an oil leak, cables snapping or failing brakes! Even with all that, it was a JOY to ride it every day

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 20 Sep 2016, 12:31 pm

JOY MRC, thats a wonderful post and seems like you have quite the memories with this beauty! Kudos to you for keeping it's spirit alive.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 20 Sep 2016, 12:52 pm

Well written Joy. The Vespa would bring quite some nostalgia for most of the members here.
As you said the Vespa was one of the most comfortable scooters available. There were many that used to act almost like a family car with patents and two children seated.
We had one in the family, which my father mysteriously managed to get totalled by slipping it over a cliff. How he managed to do it is still a mystery for us. He escaped with a few scratches but the scooter went down.
We then to a Bajaj Super with which he continued his misadventures. As I was too young, I never got a chance to ride the geared scooters ever. Your Vespa gives me an incentive to visit your place next time to experience the 90s once again.

JOY MRC

• 20 Sep 2016, 2:29 pm

Arjun
Sure man, sounds like a plan. Seems like you have a lot of adventurous scooter tales to tell to the young ones.
My dad also had experienced small falls from the scooter but nothing serious than a few scratches. I remember once me,dad and mom were riding and a guy swerved on a bike and we lost control. All 3 of us were thrown out of the scooter. There was a party meeting going on the junction and the people rushed to our aid. Again by God's grace, the speed was low and we made ot without any serious injuries.
My dad also had a chocolate - white combo coloured Lambretta, which he gave away to the mechanic. It would have been definetly restored if it had been with us now.

Mike_Martin

First Gear

Member: 15 Sep, 2016

Total Posts: 15

• 21 Sep 2016, 10:14 am
JOY MRC
Wonderful work done buddy.. U made me remember my old school days when Vespa was a part of our lives... Awsome.. Well done

JOY MRC

• 22 Oct 2016, 12:48 am ( 15 Photos )
The 5 year re-registration is due next month(October 2016) and all its needs is a good tune up and polish along with some minor replacements. Will post pics after completion of the same
The re-restoration went smoothly(well, sort of) this time. Scooter parts are really tough to find in local stores in Trivandrum, Kerala. Luckily my mechanic was gracious enough to donate parts(for a small price though ) for my scooter like the some parts of clutch and Starter motor from his old Select-II scooter. Cosmetic parts like the center floor mat, starter switch, indicator, speedometer lens etc was totally damaged and was not available anywhere. Luckily I ran into M.G. Enterprises(Ludhiana, Punjab) online store which listed LML NV Scooter parts on ebay.in and amazon.in . I ordered parts like Speedometer cable LINK and center floor mat LINK and found the quality to be excellent when compared to the poor quality local make ones I purchased back in 2011. I pinged the seller with my requirements(and link to this restoration thread on whatsapp) and he called me back with good news that he would get me a quote for the required items as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I purchased a pair of original chrome rear view mirrors LINK (The ones on the Vespa right now are mirros made for Kinetic Honda and its just there for looks, can't really see anything out of it as it is too short) and chrome brake, clutch levers LINK which come standard(in other markets) on the LML star scooters LINK. Items are dispatched but yet to reach me(If you want to restore your old scooter please use the links above to place order online or contact the seller for parts). Will post pics after fitment of the same. I would like to mention that I did contact my previous suppliers like Royalspares, A.S. Exports, Bulletwala etc but none responded back. I was really disappointed but that is when I accidentally bumped into M.G Enterprises products. Thank god for that. Total expenses came to about 16000/-(parts yet to arrive are not included) which included paint, mechanical nip and tuck, second hand parts, new spares and RTO charges for re-registration, tax, insurance and agent fees. The quality of work including paint is not up to my standards as i didn't get to spend much time during the work. Even after delivery, I had to go back 2 times, once for replacing the front brake cable and once for replacing the horn and speedometer lights which should have been fixed on delivery itself . There was a missing(loss of power midway during accelerating) and I decided to fix it on my own, cleaned the air filter and carburetor jets and tuned it, The issue seems to be gone for now and I am enjoying the ride
Painting process...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_28## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_29## -->

Electronic components being installed...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_30## -->

The Prodigal Son Returns... The infamous LML-Vespa Electric Starter Motor(Runs on AMARON Pro RIDER 12V 9Ah battery)
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_31## -->

New tyre and tube purchased from Amazon. Decided to do white lettering using paint marker...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_32## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_33## -->

Matching accessories...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_34## -->
First sight after paint and fitments...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_35## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_36## -->

Now for the grand finale. I present to you, my 21 year old fully restored and functional LML-Vespa Select 150 ES...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_37## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_38## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_39## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_40## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_41## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_42## -->

Regards...

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 22 Oct 2016, 11:40 am
JOY MRC
The LML Vespa Select looks stunning. Just the slight yellowing of the pilot lamps and indicators is a giveaway to the age of the vehicle. Otherwise, looks brand new. Keep her shining. She's a beauty. Do take her for a ride at least twice a week to keep her fit.

JOY MRC

• 22 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

"Originally posted by Roshun"
JOY MRC The LML Vespa Select looks stunning. Just the slight yellowing of the pilot lamps and indicators is a giveaway to the age of the vehicle. Otherwise, looks brand new. Keep her shining. She's a beauty. Do take her for a ride at least twice a week to keep her fit.
Thanks Roshun. I am trying to procure the indicator lens, speedometer lens etc. It was really hard to find good quality ones back then. But now even local makes are tough to find. Hopefully will get the items soon via MGE. Yeah I take it for a spin everyday after 6pm to avoid the sweltering heat. It sure is fun to work the hand gear mechanism. Zigwheels biker stickers are up next. Can't decide on a good spot to fix it though

Ronny

First Gear

Member: 06 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 233

• 23 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm
JOY MRC
Excellent write up & the kudos to the restoration jon done on a precious model Vespa in a Activa loving market. Sorry for being sounding too rude, apologies for that.
I too loved this model as my uncle used to had LML Vespa select II model & i was fond to stand on the footboard area ( a every kid dream of that time). Both Chetak & vespa was the choice of 2 wheeler when India was unaware of of bikes in the segment.
BIKE STICKERS........
DID I HEARD RIGHT??
If true i would be standing ahead of the queue.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 23 Oct 2016, 11:22 pm
Ronny
I will need to get new bike stickers printed. The ones we have right now are transparent - so they show up only on white or light surfaces, or on glass. It won't work on dark coloured bikes or surfaces unfortunately. It was an error when we got the bike stickers printed.
Speaking of bike stickers - we will be organizing a ZigDrive for bikes soon, and hope to see you there for that one - with or without a bike.

JOY MRC

• 24 Oct 2016, 2:57 am ( 1 Photo )
"Originally posted by Ronny"
JOY MRC Excellent write up & the kudos to the restoration job done on a precious model Vespa in a Activa loving market. Sorry for being sounding too rude, apologies for that. I too loved this model as my uncle used to had LML Vespa select II model & i was fond to stand on the foot board area ( a every kid dream of that time).
And people love the Activa for a good reason too. It is quite a handful to drive actually and we need to get used to driving one, especially handling the weight of the vehicle which is more to the right due to the engine placement. sudden braking from 80-90kph(It can do more effortlessly) is a nightmare due to the same. But that said, it is super comfortable(adjustable back rest is still a thing of beauty) and has its own charm. The Electric start function steals the spotlight when you are starting off from a traffic island.
Activa was an instant hit as it was more peppy and 'powerful' when compared to the segment best seller till then, the 75cc kinetic Honda. Other things we had were the Bajaj Sunny, spirit, TVS Scooty etc which were too slow and badged for ladies, older people and teenagers to learn until they get their drivers license . The Activa really did change the entire perspective towards gear less scooters. Even Honda's own geared offering, the "Eterno" failed to the Activa although it was good to drive.
Both Chetak & vespa was the choice of 2 wheeler when India was unaware of of bikes in the segment.
Bike market was very active even back then. Things like RD 350, RX 100 had cult following along with the Royal Enfield's where as CD100, KB100, Rajdoot's were selling like hot cakes. Like I mentioned earlier, bikes were badged for the younger generation to run around while RE was for army men and for the above average built buds The family men, probably wearing dhothi's and having kids found them not practical enough and opted for the scooter's instead.
BIKE STICKERS........ DID I HEARD RIGHT?? If true i would be standing ahead of the queue.
Yeah it was sent to the mods long back along with the standard set. They made it pretty clear that they are impartial and care about all types of 2 wheelers when they designed the biker stickers as you can clearly see from the picture
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_43## -->

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 24 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm
"Originally posted by JOY MRC"
They made it pretty clear that they are impartial and care about all types of 2 wheelers when they designed the biker stickers as you can clearly see from the picture
I know, right. Any resemblance to a specific brand of two-wheeler is purely coincidental.

Ajit_G_Kansal

First Gear

Member: 25 Oct, 2016

Total Posts: 1

• 25 Oct 2016, 5:08 pm
I am having old Vespa 150 NV scooter in working condition. My father is having all love to ride that scooter even today.Anyone interested in buying at modest price and have good reason for taking care.I believe , probably my father could sell.
May please contact me on whatsapp no.9413356624.

Shailesh_Bekal_..

First Gear

Member: 25 Oct, 2016

• 25 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm
JOY MRC Hi, I want to know whether I can change Bajaj Chetak's rims to steel coated ones? I want to know more as it gets rusted easily, because of the proximity to the seashore. Will you please tell me how to avoid rusting of the rims?

JOY MRC

• 26 Oct 2016, 1:12 pm
"Originally posted by Shailesh_Bekal_Janardhana"
JOY MRC Hi, I want to know whether I can change Bajaj Chetak's rims to steel coated ones? I want to know more as it gets rusted easily, because of the proximity to the seashore. Will you please tell me how to avoid rusting of the rims?
Simple DIY. Remove your old rims and sand down the rusted areas thoroughly. you can use a metal primer or skip and go ahead with spray painting anti rust coat to your rims. 2 coats will be enough 3 coats is ideal. cover the tyres and valve stems with masking tape and news paper before application, buy 2 x 500ml bottles. Product link - HERE

Ronny

First Gear

Member: 06 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 233

• 31 Oct 2016, 12:34 pm
"Originally posted by Roshun"
Ronny
I will need to get new bike stickers printed. The ones we have right now are transparent - so they show up only on white or light surfaces, or on glass. It won't work on dark coloured bikes or surfaces unfortunately. It was an error when we got the bike stickers printed.
Speaking of bike stickers - we will be organizing a ZigDrive for bikes soon, and hope to see you there for that one - with or without a bike.

Sure i would love too if organised in Delhi NCR territory & this time it will not be Fizzy but the Aprilia. I am yet to decide a new name for Aprilia, till then she would be called the way it is called now Aprilia Sr150.
Would absolutely love if the event would be organised on Weekends as in my profession we have very few leaves.

JOY MRC

• 31 Oct 2016, 4:20 pm ( 14 Photos )
UPDATE : The LML Star(Export model) HERE rear view mirrors and brake lever set which I ordered from M.G.Enterprises, Ludhiana has finally arrived and the first thing I have to say is that quality is very very good(Well, It should be. It is priced at 1500/-). I tried to do a DIY Installation but the metal clamps onto which the mirrors are fitted needs some corrections(heat and bend) to make both sides look symmetrical. So I left it to my mechanics. Will post final pics after fitment of the mirrors. The clutch and brake levers can be fitted only after removing of the top cowl/speedo cover(It is a bit cracked after last install) HERE, So will fit that later only after I buy a spare set of top and bottom covers in case this one breaks off during re-installation. Posting Unboxing pics for the time being.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_44## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_45## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_46## -->

The difference in quality levels are evident
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_47## -->

Rear view mirrors are made by Fiem(Indian manufacturer), The glass is E4 rated(Netherlands). Details HERE
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_48## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_49## -->

EDIT : The Vehicle just came back from the workshop after mirror install. Kindly excuse the low light and background. will post good quality pics soon
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_50## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_51## -->

UPDATE : New front and rear Indicator lens and Imported Chrome levers to match the UK Spec LML mirrors. Kindly excuse the quality... Again
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_52## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_53## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_54## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_55## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_56## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_57## -->

Regards...

Shabih_Haider

First Gear

Member: 10 Feb, 2018

• 10 Feb 2018, 10:19 pm
My First Scooter LML Select. I bought Brand New in 1995. with Self Start.
Still I have but now it is not in running condition.
I see your post and now I am going to invest and maintain it again.

JOY MRC

• 13 Feb 2018, 12:50 pm
"Originally posted by Shabih_Haider"
My First Scooter LML Select. I bought Brand New in 1995. with Self Start.Still I have but now it is not in running condition.I see your post and now I am going to invest and maintain it again.
You should definitely do it now as parts are relatively east to come by now. Ping me if any help is required. Regards...

Fourth Div