New BMW 5 Series (G30) Coming Soon

New BMW 5 Series (G30) Coming Soon

New BMW 5 Series (G3..

• 09 Sep 2016, 3633 Views

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1268

• 9 Sep 2016, 1:23 pm ( 6 Photos , 1 Video)
After the successful launch of the new BMW 7 Series (G11/G12), BMW is all set to go the extra mile with their most popular executive sedan - the 5 series. The current generation 5 (globally known as the 'F10'), got it's last face lift in 2015 and has been due for an update. Earlier on, BMW teased the web with some images of the new 5er being tested under heavy camouflage, it go the whole world thinking and curious. They went ahead and did something marvelous with the 7 and hopes are that they will carry on this to the 5 as well.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

These images have been taken at he Research facility of BMW in Munich
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

From these images, it is clear that the 5 has definitely grown in size. The rear lights are also similar to the ones seen on the 7.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

The car has gotten longer as well and now sports more curvy lines
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

This facility is the 'Optical Measurement Centre, Munich'. This car seems to have seen a lot of wind tunnels, can be seen with the sculpted hood and OVRMs.
The photograph below is the most interesting one. If you notice carefully, you will see that the new 5 will get laser lights. The curvature of the glass inside the headlamps is the same as seen on the new 7 as well.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

The have also come out with a short video, teasing the car. Although it's in German, it had me drooling the whole time!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

Have a look :

This car is expected to debut at the Paris Auto Show. If you have google translate and are as excited as I am about this car, you can check out - http://www.bmw.de/de/neufahrzeuge/5e...nen-blick.html
Can't wait for the M5 version of this one :P

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2036

• 15 Sep 2016, 11:36 am ( 2 Photos )
With the new generation of BMW 5-series weeks from its world debut. AutoBild magazine has created renderings based on prototype pictures and from the select media drive that was organized by BMW in Germany. Looks fairly accurate!

Into its seventh generation, the new BMW 5-Series borrows design cues from the sixth generation BMW 7-Series that was introduced last year.

NikilSJ

Total Posts: 2117

• 12 Oct 2016, 11:10 am ( 4 Photos )
Some photos of the upcoming BMW 5 Series (G30) have made its way onto Germancarforum a day ahead of its official world premiere (October 13). From the looks of it, the design of the new G30 looks like an evolution of the car it replaces and slots right in between the 3 Series and the larger 7 Series. Even though the design may seem evolutionary, the new G30 will now be based on the CLAR (CLuster ARchitecture) rear-wheel drive platform of the 2016 BMW 7 Series.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

The new 5 Series is expected to be up to 100kg lighter than its predecessor. Changes to the exterior include a larger kidney grille connecting the headlight clusters, sportier bumpers with larger air dams, tighter crease lines along the side along with LED taillights that have a more rounded-off look than before. The new 5er certainly looks more proportionate than the car it replaces although I feel BMW could have stepped up the design a couple of notches more.

On the inside, the new 5 Series also borrows a lot of design cues from the current 7 Series. Changes to the inside include a slimmer steering wheel, a fully digital instrument cluster and a larger iDrive monitor which could feature gesture controls as well.

In terms of powertrains, the new 5 Series is expected to come with petrol and diesel engines with displacements ranging from 2.0-litre to 4.4-litre. A plug-in hybrid version will also be launched at a later date. However, it remains to be seen how many of these engines will make its way to our country.

I wouldn’t be surprised if BMW continues to sell the new 5er with the current crop of engines with slight updates (the 2.0-litre petrol, 2.0-litre diesel and the 3.0-litre diesel on the M-Sport variant). Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic transmission in BMW’s conventional rear-wheel drive layout. An optional xDrive all-wheel drive system will be optional in some international market too. Expect more details of the new 5 Series after the global unveil tomorrow (Octrober 13). The new G30 is expected to go into production in Germany in the next couple of weeks with deliveries in Europe likely to start sometime in early-2017. Expect the new 5 Series to make its way into India by 2017-end or early-2018.

JijoMalayil

• 17 Oct 2016, 1:00 pm ( 1 Photo , 1 Video)
The all new BMW 5-Series has been unveiled and as expected looks like a shrunken 7-Series. Having said that, BMW has managed to keep the proportions just right, and in my opinion looks much better than the 7-Series. The new 5-Series is now lighter (100 kilogrammes), has improved performance, increased fuel efficiency and comes loaded with features and new technology.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->
Here is a video explaining the new 5-Series.

Multiple engine options are offered in the new 5-Series that include a hybrid variant too. Here is the list.
530i- 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 252 PS of power and a peak torque of 350 Nm.
540i- 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder petrol engine that makes 340 PS of power and 450 Nm of torque.
530e iPerformance- 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that works together with a plug-in hybrid electric drive system. The combined power and torque output stands at 252 PS and 420 Nm.
520d- 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 190 PS of power and 400 Nm of torque
530d- 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder diesel engine producing 265 PS of power and a colossal 620 Nm of torque.
M550i xDrive- 4.4-litre, V8 that delivers 462 PS of power and 650 Nm of torque.
The new 5-Series will go on sale in Europe in February 2017 with three variants (530i, 540i and 520d)
available at the launch, and with the other variants following in March. We expect the India launch to take place by second half of 2017.

NikilSJ

• 17 Oct 2016, 3:58 pm ( 1 Photo )
Now I guess only the Audi A6 needs an update in this segment. In India, the Jaguar XF was updated recently, the Volvo S90 is just around the corner and the Merc E-Class is a couple of months away. I think the new 5-Series will only make it’s way to India by late-2017 and not earlier.
Of the engine’s revealed, I wonder how many will make it’s way to India. Here’s what I think will and won’t make it:
Currently BMW sells the 2-litre 1,995cc four cylinder diesel (520d), the 3-litre 2,993cc six cylinder diesel (530d) and the 2-litre four cylinder petrol in India (520i) and I expect them to continue with these engines in the new version as well.
The 540i with the 3-cylinder six cylinder petrol is the replacement for the 535i which too was a six cylinder. The 535i was never sold in India, hence I don’t think even it’s replacement will be sold here.
Now to the interesting bit, the new variants:
The 530e iPerformance: The hybrid 5 series is equipped with a 2-litre four cylinder petrol engine and an electric motor that provides a combined output of 252PS and 420Nm. BMW says the claimed fuel efficiency for the system is 50kmpl. Unbelievable right! The 0-100kmph sprint is done in 6.2 seconds too. I don’t think they’d introduce the hybrid 530e i-Performance anytime too. The earlier 5-Series hybrid was only sold in China.
The 520d EfficientDynamics Edition: Powered by a turbocharged four cylinder diesel engine that produces 190PS and 400Nm which BMW says will make this version the most efficient 5 Series (barring the hyrbid) with a fuel consumption figure of 25kmpl. Claimed 0-100kmph timing is 7.2 seconds. Will find a lot of takers in our country for sure.
M550i xDrive: The M-Sport edition of the 5-Series will now feature BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system. The sporty 5er now gets the updated 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that makes 462PS and 650Nm of torque. The new M5, BMW says, will hit a ton in 4 seconds making it the fastest M5 ever no doubt thanks to the all-wheel drive.

NikilSJ

• 21 Oct 2016, 11:46 am ( 1 Photo )
A new rendering of the next-gen BMW M5 surfaced online recently. The new render is based on CAD sketches that were leaked online a last week. The new M5 will feature all-new LED headlamps, a wipder pair of kidney grilles with active ducts to aid aerodynamics, new taillamps and sharp character lines along the length of the car to give it a sporty and purposeful stance.

Picture courtesy: jonsibal.com
The front bumper retains all the traditional M Sport details like an aggressive bumper with larger air intakes, redesigned side intakes and a rear bumper with a diffuser along with the quartet of exhaust pipes. On the inside, expect the new M5 to be wrapped in Alacantara, suede and carbon fibre with 'M' badges littered around the cabin. The new M5 will also get sports seats and a flat-bottom steering wheel with paddle shifters.
As mentioned before, the new M5 will be equipped with a 4.4-litre twin turbo V8 with BMW's rear-biased all-wheel drive tech called xDrive making it the fastest stock M5 ever. The tweaked engine is likely to produce close to 600 horsepower.

JijoMalayil

• 9 Dec 2016, 9:40 am ( 1 Video)
Here is a quick review of the incoming BMW 5-Series. Has BMW managed to raise the benchmark in its segment?

Video: Autocar India

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1268

• 23 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm ( 1 Photo )
The new BMW 5 series has been spotted on a flatbed in Pune. This image is courtesy Autocar. This car is expected to launch in India in the first quarter of 2017 and should be manufactured at their plant outside of Chennai. Expect the 520d and 520i to be launched first, followed by the more powerful 530d and 530i.

It seems like this car is fitted with the M-Sport kit and sports 19 inch optional rims. Looks hot. I wonder how the new M5 will turn out for this one.

Fourth Div