Auto XXX - Round 1, Gurgaon

Auto XXX - Round 1, Gurgaon

Auto XXX - Round 1, ..

• 06 Sep 2016, 6592 Views

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 6 Sep 2016, 1:09 pm ( 4 Photos , 5 Videos )
For the last couple of years, InCarNation has been promoting motorsports and related events in North India. They started off with hosting the Speed Sprint initially, and it become a runaway success and since has been an annual feature in the calendar.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

This year, the peeps at InCarNation decided that it was time to step it up a notch and create another first for Delhi - parallel track races. The teaser of the track was also quite enticing, have a look

I wanted to tale part badly, but was having slight issues putting the funds together for this one as we know how expensive motorsports can get. With part support from Roshun and some from Sheroes India, I was able to put up a car at the start line on the day. Mine was probably the last entry, but turned out to be well worth it.
Here is the Thee_Walias daily and my race car - the Yeti, all stickered and ready for the day
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

When we reached the track at 7 am last Sunday, I was in for a real shocker. The track was extremely tight and I had the widest car on the lot (until the F10s arrived :P)
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

Filled up my last minute registration and happened to get competition number '69'; brilliant.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

I had put a total of 3 entries - 1 in AWD>2000cc and 2 in Diesel Open. Each entry gives you one run on the course. I knew the competition in the AWD category would not be too fierce and hence I took only one entry. In the Diesel Open, I had the likes of Dalal's Polo, among the other faster diesels and hence taking two runs there seemed like the wiser decision.
Qualifying Run 1 (Diesel Open) : This was my first run on the track. Managed to get a 1min 57secs lap time. Good for that time, but I knew there was scope to do better.

Qualifying Run 2 (AWD>2000cc) : Improved drastically, much smoother and faster through the course. Managed a 1:47.78

Qualifying Run 3 (Diesel Open) : The launch of the Yeti is just amazing! When in neutral, it locks in at 2.5k rpm and stays there until you drop the clutch. After that, the 4x4 kicks in and the car goes for a flying start. Managed to put in a great 1:47.00, making me the fastest in the category as some of the other competitors managed to rake in some penalties

This was the qualifiers, where everyone who had registered got a run. Now the format was such that you had to pay an additional fee in case you got selected for the semi-final and final run. Quite ridiculous, but what to do.
I had qualified for both my categories at the top. Now the need to win kicked in, and I was pumped!
Night had fallen and the visibility had fallen drastically. The organizers had said that there would be adequate lighting, but it didn't end up being the case. The Yeti's BIG fog lamps and powerful headlights showed me the way and helped me complete the final run without a penalty. Watch the video below to see how restrictive the track was. Looking back at it, I don't even know how I did it.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 15 Sep 2016, 3:21 pm ( 1 Video)
CorsaVeloce
I think it was a day well spent at AutoXXX. Always a pleasure to see you drive. And not just you, there were a whole host of brilliant drivers out there. Lakshay with the Esteem and the handbrake turns he was doing was a treat to watch. Arpit in the Alto K10 was also awesome. Then there was Aman and the raw power from his Gypsy.
Here's a video of one of your earlier qualifying runs (excuse the sudden drop in sound mid way due to some camera issue):

Fourth Div