Which bike to buy?

Which bike to buy?

• 15 Dec 2015, 173539 Views

I Live For Spee..

Hypercar Boss

Member: 15 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 137

• 15 Dec 2015, 1:00 pm ( 1 Photo )
One of the most common queries we get is which bike to buy. There are dozens of people asking the same question as you; let's have a common thread for them.
What are your needs? what's your budget? should be it a sporty bike or a cruiser? Post your queries here and we'll get peers and experts to answer your questions!
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 17 Dec 2015, 10:58 am
Suzuki Gixxer or Yamaha FZ. 2.0? Ride comfort, refinement and handling are priorities. What about the new CB Hornet from Honda?

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1971

• 17 Dec 2015, 12:15 pm
Gixxer is better in my opinion. Despite the understated looks, the bike has good dynamics. Nishigandha Sarolkar's amazing feat of conquering Marsimik La pass is a testimony to the bike's capabilities.

nileshagn

First Gear

Member: 27 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1

• 27 Dec 2015, 11:50 pm
I am planning to buy a scooter in Jan 2016, I am residing at Bangalore.
have shortlisted Hero Maestro Edge, TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa but not sure which one would be the best.Have used Activa and satisfied with the performance but it lacks on some required features while Jupiter and Edge have features but not sure about engine durability and performance. Please suggest. Also If possible please let me know the on road price for all three scooters.

I Live For Spee..

Hypercar Boss

Total Posts: 137

• 28 Dec 2015, 10:29 am
nileshagn post moved since there is an existing topic WRT your query type.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 28 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm
nileshagn , Considering features, the Maestro Edge has some practical touches such as boot light, micro-chipped and multi-function ignition key. Both Maestro Edge and Jupiter are equipped with analogue-digital combo cluster, external fuel filling and under-seat USB charger. The Activa misses out on those features while excels in engine refinement department. The Jupiter is slightly superior to the Edge in terms of power delivery. In the safety department, Activa and Maestro Edge have combined braking feature while the Jupiter does not. Maestro Edge has good build quality and is in fact the best selling scooter from Hero now. All in all, Hero Maestro Edge is ideal in my opinion if practicality is the priority. The on-road, Bangalore prices are as follows: Hero Maestro Edge starts from around Rs. 53,400. Honda Activa 3G: Rs. 60,644. TVS Jupiter: Rs. 59,052. Although, I'd suggest you to please contact your local dealer for more accurate pricing.

Harm3sh

First Gear

Member: 28 Dec, 2015

• 28 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm
Hi Riders,
I am a new biker. I am still a learner so whenever I get chance I borrow my friend 's bike to ride around few kms. Now I have decided I'll get my own bike.
I will buy a used bike for cheap first to crash around and fidgeting and learning new stuff.
Currently I am confused between 3 moto bikes. Hey motorads please help me! 😎
Option 1) TVS apache 180 ABS - Getting for 50k, ABS, Light weight and flickable. Mileage and comfort is okay.
Option 2) Honda CB Trigger CBS - Getting for 55k, CBS Superb ride quality, comfort and mileage.
Option 3) Yamaha Fz - Getting for 50k, superb handling, Better ride quality and wider tire.
As a learner I do not quite fear fallig or crashing but since I am the only child. I need to be careful if you know what I mean!
Please help me decide which one to buy.
Things to consider: mileage, availability of parts, service centre, mileage and comfort. Not too bothered about pick up or performance.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2034

• 28 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm
Between your 3 choices, I think a middle of the road choice like the Honda CB Trigger would be a good bet for all round usage. It's a good starting point before you get into the sport bike league. It is quite forgiving as it is not really about performance. Although the FZ is great, it may urge you to do stuff you shouldn't be doing if you are still not very confident with a bike.

Ayan Ronald

First Gear

Member: 29 Dec, 2015

• 29 Dec 2015, 9:14 am
I am looking to buy a bike ; engine capacity between 125cc to 150cc and mileage between 40kmpl to 50 kmpl (or better).
Most importantly bike parts should be available at all times in the market, please help me out . Which bike would you recommend?
Budget - Rs 80,000 (On road price)
Note from Mods: Please post your queries in a single post

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 29 Dec 2015, 11:33 am
Ayan Ronald If you want a commuter, Honda CB Shine (CBS) is a good choice. Bajaj Pulsar 150 would be apt if you want a sporty bike. You won't be having any problems regarding spares for both Shine and Pulsar. They are well established in the market.

JijoMalayil

• 29 Dec 2015, 11:48 am
Ayan Ronald Majority of the bikes in this segment have enough spare parts available. If efficiency is what you are after, CB Shine from Honda is a well rounded package! 125cc engine, 60+ average, refined engine & good handling are definite USPs. CB Shine is priced at around Rs 62000 on road in Delhi.
If you want have a little more fun while driving, ie more power, riding dynamics & style you should be looking at Suzuki Gixxer in the 150cc segment. Efficiency hovers around the 45-50 km/l mark, comes close to your budget too (Rs 83375, on road Delhi). In my opinion it is definitely worth the premium. Try it out!
That said, Suzuki has a limited dealer network across India, that won't be a problem if you are based in any major city.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 29 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm
Harm3sh , Yes the Trigger would be a good choice. But get a generic color as spares will be easily available for that color. I've had some problems with my Red Dazzler as spares were not readily available. It took the service center a couple of days to procure the parts. Interestingly, parts were readily available for the Black one. So, I think the same rule applies for other bikes as well. Also, generic color has better resale value.
And I think Honda's service is slightly cheaper than Yamaha's.

JijoMalayil

• 29 Dec 2015, 12:51 pm
Harm3sh I beg to differ, FZ in my opinion will makes more sense as it handles brilliantly, definitely more planted(wider tyres) & will inspire confidence for beginners. Fz has better re-sale value too!

Mohsin Rizvi

First Gear

Member: 31 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 3

• 31 Dec 2015, 11:56 am
Hello All,
Thanks for creating such a thread,
I am planning to purchase a bike for myself, I have hardly rode a bike before. I have a car and I daily travel by it, but I am shifting to a new place (Thane) and my office is in Bandra so I will be travelling approx 70 kms daily (both sIdes), 50 kms highway included. So due to traffic, car is not a good option.
Please suggest me a bike which is easy to handle for a learner, gives good mileage, within a budget of Rs. 100,000.
I am 5ft10in and 90kgs (This might be helpful).
The ones which I have come across was
Honda CB Hornet 160R, Suzuki Gixxer ,Yamaha FZ-S FI, Honda CB Unicorn 160, Bajaj Pulsar AS150, Hero Karizma R or ZMR.
If you have any other good suggestions then also please help.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 31 Dec 2015, 4:10 pm
Mohsin Rizvi I think Honda CB Hornet 160R would be the best bet considering your requirements. It certainly looks better than the Unicorn and gives a real-world mileage of 45+ kmpl. Hero is in the process of phasing out Karizma models. Also, Karizma is not ideal for beginners. Bajaj Pulsar AS 150 is good, but Honda has better refinement in my opinion. You can never go wrong with a Honda

Chandrasekar Ve..

First Gear

• 31 Dec 2015, 8:33 pm
Hello,
I need just a small clarification: Honda CB SP Shine or Hero Passion Pro, which is better?

Mohsin Rizvi

First Gear

• 1 Jan 2016, 9:24 am
Thank you so much for your reply Praveen , and Wish you and other members a happy new year,
I will surely consider Hornet as its CBS system and rear disc brake sounds good.
Suzuki Gixxer SF also looks good on paper, what do you think about it ??

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 1 Jan 2016, 10:12 pm
Chandrasekar Venkatesan Hero Passion Pro is a 100cc bike whereas Shine is a 125cc bike. Shine is more powerful an is refined as well. If you're looking for power and refinement, go for Honda CB Shine SP. It gives a decent mileage of 60+ kmpl as well. Even in the looks department it outshines (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) Passion Pro.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 1 Jan 2016, 10:27 pm
Mohsin Rizvi The Gixxer SF is a sorted bike and is aerodynamically superior to the naked Gixxer. Its sportier ergonomics may be a bit uncomfortable in longer runs compared to other naked bikes. It is a good bike, no doubt. But for a beginner, I'd suggest you go for the Hornet. And Happy New Year to you too! Ride safe

Mohsin Rizvi

First Gear

• 4 Jan 2016, 10:48 am
Thanks for your help Chief,
Will surely post a comment after purchasing a bike
Thanks again, Cheers

rohit

First Gear

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

• 5 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm
Hi to all,
I am planning to buy a bike in 150-160 cc segment. I have short listed Pulsar AS 150, Suzuki Gixxer & Honda CB Hornet 160R, i have also read the reviews of all the three and i am confused which one is the best from these three. My monthly run is around 1000 KM in city traffic and i love to go for touring, so please suggest which one should i buy from mileage, ease of maintenance, city riding and touring purpose point of view.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 5 Jan 2016, 4:11 pm ( 1 Video)
rohit Among your choices, the Honda CB Hornet 160 R seems like a good choice. It has touring capabilities and comes with CBS - combined braking system that is really an essential safety feature these days. Here's a comparison that ZigWheels did between the Gixxer, Hornet and Yamaha FZ-S, although the last one is not on your list. From ease of maintenance and mileage too, I think the Hornet would be a decent choice.

yogeshpuri

First Gear

Total Posts: 11

• 5 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm
I am looking for a COMFORTABLE BIKE for long distance, My daily travel is 68 kms, with 34 km each side, going thru City traffic, streets and highways.
Also I am looking this bike for weekend long drives to hills.
My budget is 1.5 lacs.
I am more inclined towards Bullet Electra and Bajaj Avenger 220 Street, but open for other options.
My main criteria is safety and handling and bike response in rains. I am fine with mileage of 40 kmpl.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 6 Jan 2016, 3:01 am
If you're into Royal Enfields, go for the Electra. If you prefer the most practical Royal Enfield, I'd suggest you the Thunderbird 350. It has a 20- liter fuel tank, comfortable seating position, good handler and displays a variety of useful information in the instrument cluster. If you're not particular about Royal Enfields, you can go ahead with the Avenger 220 Street. It is quite a capable bike and can cruise at decent speeds. It is lighter than Royal Enfields, and thus has the added advantage of easier maneuverability. If you're going for long rides, invest in good riding gear. Ride Safe!

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 7 Jan 2016, 6:14 pm
Thanks Praveen, I am more inclined towards Electra and Bajaj Avenger Street 220, safety and handling in traffic and highways is primary concern. I liked Avenger 220 as well, but not sure of it's response in long hill drives.. My height is 5'7", have already driven ThunderBird for 10 years, but old thunderbird was little too big in volume, not comfortable for traffic.. also faced problem of spares wth thunderbird, as every 2 years there were major cosmetic changes.. Benefit of Electra is that it is still consistent.. I like Standard 350 also, but lack disc brakes and Electric start
If you're into Royal Enfields, go for the Electra. If you prefer the most practical Royal Enfield, I'd suggest you the Thunderbird 350. It has a 20- liter fuel tank, comfortable seating position, good handler and displays a variety of useful information in the instrument cluster. If you're not particular about Royal Enfields, you can go ahead with the Avenger 220 Street. It is quite a capable bike and can cruise at decent speeds. It is lighter than Royal Enfields, and thus has the added advantage of easier maneuverability. If you're going for long rides, invest in good riding gear. Ride Safe!

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 7 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm
"Originally posted by nileshagn"
I am planning to buy a scooter in Jan 2016, I am residing at Bangalore.
have shortlisted Hero Maestro Edge, TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa but not sure which one would be the best.Have used Active and satisfied with the performance but it lacks on some required features while Jupiter and Edge have features but not sure about engine durability and performance. Please suggest. Also If possible please let me know the on road price for all three scooters.

My response, I agree Honda and Suzuki has better engine, but engine is on one side, causing balancing issue, 2nd poor shockers take toll on ur back and cause back-pain and neck-pain for mre than 10 km drives, 3rd mileage is less.. My recommendation is Wego or Jupiter, though engine is not as good as activa, it's smooth, 2nd gives 45+ mileage and even more, 3rd telepscopic hockers as very comfortable for long distances, though jupiter is new, but use same enginer of Wego which is 5+ years in market, didn't hear any engine complaints, and engine is in center giving better balance.. I strongly recommend Jupiter safety and wellness comes first and then ofcourse mileage is good

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 7 Jan 2016, 6:33 pm
Royal Enfiled Electra 350, ThunderBird 350, Bullet Standard 500 or Avenger 220 Street or Avenger 220 Cruiser.. Please suggest Suggest bike for daily long distance, daily travel 70 kms, with 35km each side, thru City traffic of PUNE. Also looking for long weekend drives to hills (once in a month).
I am looking for a commuter for long distance, My daily travel is 68 kms, with 34 km each side, going thru City traffic, streets and highways.
Also Pune is surrounded by hills and I am looking this bike for weekend long drives to hills.
My budget is 1.5 lacs.
I am more inclined towards Bullet Electra and Bajaj Avenger 220 Street, but open for other options.
My main criteria is safety and handling and bike response in rains. I am fine with mileage of 40 kmpl.
Please suggest if someone has experienced both.

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 8 Jan 2016, 8:23 pm
Can someone suggest between following: -
Bullet Electra 350 twinspark: 132,000 on-road, 19 PS, 185 kgs weight
new Bullet 500 twinspark: 1,71,000 on-road, 27 PS, 195 kg weight
Both have left side Thunderbird kind gear system
Royal Enfiled Electra 350, ThunderBird 350, Bullet Standard 500 or Avenger 220 Street or Avenger 220 Cruiser.. Please suggest Suggest bike for daily long distance, daily travel 70 kms, with 35km each side, thru City traffic of PUNE. Also looking for long weekend drives to hills (once in a month).
I am looking for a commuter for long distance, My daily travel is 68 kms, with 34 km each side, going thru City traffic, streets and highways.
Also Pune is surrounded by hills and I am looking this bike for weekend long drives to hills.
My budget is 1.5 lacs.
Please suggest if someone has experienced both.

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 8 Jan 2016, 8:26 pm
Can someone suggest between following: -
Bullet Electra 350 twinspark: 132,000 on-road, 19 PS, 185 kgs weight
new Bullet 500 twinspark: 1,71,000 on-road, 27 PS, 195 kg weight
Both have left side Thunderbird kind gear system.. my daily drive is 70 km thru city traffic, 35 km each side

Puneet Satwani

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

• 8 Jan 2016, 11:58 pm
Confused between royal enfield classic 350 vs pulsar 200 rs.. which 1 wl give value for money

JijoMalayil

• 9 Jan 2016, 11:09 am
@yogesh go for the bullet electra, very planted & easy to ride in the city. It has enough power for your weekend drive up the hills too. And the aspirational value of owning a Royal enfield can't be matched!

JijoMalayil

• 9 Jan 2016, 11:23 am
Puneet The feel of driving an Enfield is something special! If you are okay with a heavy machine which will be hard to tame at times. That gives you troubles occasionally, but still puts a smile on your face everytime you fire it up! Classic 350. But if you are in for speed & good dynamics, go for the RS200. Both bikes are good value for money. Though resale value for Enfields are very high, compared to Bajaj.

Tushar

First Gear

Member: 10 Jan, 2016

• 10 Jan 2016, 10:58 am
I am looking to buy a bike ; engine capacity 150cc and mileage between 40kmpl to 50 kmpl (or better).
I am 6ft & 60kg.I am confused between Honda Hornet 160R & Suzuki Gixxer.
Which bike would you recommend?
Budget - Rs 85,000 (On road price)
Please suggest other suitable option.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 10 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm ( 1 Video)
Tushar Both the bikes are good ones. However, between the two, I would be inclined to suggest the Honda Hornet 160R, simply because it offers safety features that the Gixxer does not - that is CBS - combined braking system - that is much safer than individual braking systems. Plus the stance and ride height of the Hornet would probably suit you better for regular commuting, compared to the slightly more leaning forward stance on the Gixxer. For a more detailed review, see this comparison between the Hornet, Gixxer and Yamaha FZ:

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 11 Jan 2016, 2:17 pm
If you are considering classics and not particular about Royal Enfield, then you should check Bajaj Avenger Street 220, it has the 220 engine of Bajaj Pulsar, seats of a cruiser, but traffic friendly handles. I have taken a test ride and would say it is the best bike for long distance rides in traffic.
Confused between royal enfield classic 350 vs pulsar 200 rs.. which 1 wl give value for money

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 11 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm
Thanks Jijo, will consider Electra, I have already booked Electra, also waiting for Himalyan.
@yogesh go for the bullet electra, very planted & easy to ride in the city. It has enough power for your weekend drive up the hills too. And the aspirational value of owning a Royal enfield can't be matched!

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 11 Jan 2016, 2:34 pm ( 1 Video)
I agree and recommend Hornet CBS version due to safety, handling and a comfortable seat for two people.
Tushar Both the bikes are good ones. However, between the two, I would be inclined to suggest the Honda Hornet 160R, simply because it offers safety features that the Gixxer does not - that is CBS - combined braking system - that is much safer than individual braking systems. Plus the stance and ride height of the Hornet would probably suit you better for regular commuting, compared to the slightly more leaning forward stance on the Gixxer. For a more detailed review, see this comparison between the Hornet, Gixxer and Yamaha FZ:

Honda Hornet is an amazing bike, very stable, offers CBS, a good safety feature, and Honda has large footprint in India, with CBS its 99k on road in PUNE. plus seat is comfortable for family. My recommendation is Hornet.
I am looking to buy a bike ; engine capacity 150cc and mileage between 40kmpl to 50 kmpl (or better).
I am 6ft & 60kg.I am confused between Honda Hornet 160R & Suzuki Gixxer.
Budget - Rs 85,000 (On road price)
Please suggest other suitable option.

tcthiru_vengada..

First Gear

Member: 13 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 2

• 13 Jan 2016, 8:05 am
I am looking to buy a bike with an engine capacity of 100-110cc and mileage above 55 kmpl.

yogeshpuri

First Gear

• 14 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm
Honda Shine, though it's 125CC is definitely good bike, my 2nd recommendation would be Passion

Toshik Langade

First Gear

Member: 18 Jan, 2016

• 18 Jan 2016, 4:59 pm
I want to get a new bike this year before May. I am a newbie. I just know how to drive my Aviator. I don't even know how to ride a bike. But I will learn it after buying it. My budget is 1 lakh 30 thousand. I need a sporty and stylish bike. I hate commuters and cruisers. Suggest me some sport bikes. I don't want good mileage or comfort. I just want it for style and daily coaching purposes. How's Yamaha YZF R15 V2 or R15 S or R15 v3 ??

Mr. Fox

First Gear

Total Posts: 53

• 18 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm
Toshik Langade : The Yamaha R15 V3 is expected only later next year - probably in June 2016. Instead, if you are keen on getting a good, sporty bike, the YZF R15 V2 that is currently on sale is a good bike. It is sporty looking, has a pretty peppy engine, but yet not too much power that could be dangerous. So it should serve you well. However, why don't you also look at the FZ-S? It is considerably cheaper, since you are new to biking, and has a slightly more upright stance, which is better for commuting. Take a test ride of both the R15 V2 and the FZ to decide.

tcthiru_vengada..

First Gear

Member: 13 Jan, 2016

• 19 Jan 2016, 8:02 am
yogeshpuri
I was worried about the weight of the Honda Shine which is around 123kg. I am 5.5 and 55kg
How about Hero Ismart Vs Passion Pro Vs TVS Start City+ vs Dream Series or any other bike

Toshik Langade

First Gear

Member: 18 Jan, 2016

• 19 Jan 2016, 10:19 am
"Originally posted by Mr. Fox"
Toshik Langade : The Yamaha R15 V3 is expected only later next year - probably in June 2016. Instead, if you are keen on getting a good, sporty bike, the YZF R15 V2 that is currently on sale is a good bike. It is sporty looking, has a pretty peppy engine, but yet not too much power that could be dangerous. So it should serve you well. However, why don't you also look at the FZ-S? It is considerably cheaper, since you are new to biking, and has a slightly more upright stance, which is better for commuting. Take a test ride of both the R15 V2 and the FZ to decide.
Thanks Bro!! Now I think I should wait for YZF V3. I don't want cheaper bikes brada. You know what I mean right ?! I don't care for speed or mileage. It's just that it should not make any fuss (as I have to study for IIT) and it should be stylish.

Fanny

First Gear

Member: 19 Jan, 2016

• 19 Jan 2016, 7:12 pm
Hello, currently I own a P220 2011 model and planning to upgrade to a new motorcycle. As there is a lot of traffic and I would use it for daily commuting(probably 40-50kms), I have decided to switch to a naked bike which would make riding easier. Considered options are Duke 200, TNT 25 and BMW G310R( after they come into production).
Looking at the options I have mentioned, it would easily be into the mid of 2016. So is it worth to wait till 2017 for the new line up of the KTM or should I consider any of the options mentioned coz I can wait till 2017 as my bike haven't encountered any major issues. Another thing, is the Duke 200 being replaced by Duke 250( asked this based on the rumors on several sites) ?
Sorry about my english and my enthusiasm.
Thanks in advance

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 19 Jan 2016, 11:06 pm
Fanny We are all waiting to see how the BMW GS310R turns out. From initial reports, it looks like a pretty attractive proposition. That said, I know a couple of folks who own Dukes, and they are pretty happy with it. It is great in city traffic, as you can just point and shoot. (Disclaimer: I'm not really the right one to give advice on city riding, as I use an RE Classic 500 on weekends for leisurely riding). Wait till after the Auto Expo for more choice. (Have you seen our upcoming bikes and cars at Expo thread?)

akash

First Gear

Member: 20 Jan, 2016

• 20 Jan 2016, 7:30 pm
Which is best commuter bike with low maintenance and high average

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 20 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm
akash , Most of the 110 cc and 125 cc bikes are all low-maintenance and give good fuel efficiency - most of the models from Hero / Bajaj and Honda. What sort of daily running do you do? Do you want a slightly sporty bike or a basic commuter? What about features - electric start etc, tell us a bit more about your needs and someone will be able to narrow down your choices better.

ravikapa

First Gear

Member: 22 Jan, 2016

• 22 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm
Hi, I am planning to buy a new motor bike in this March.Plz suggest me the best one considering my requirements.
I am 6.1ft tall weighing 93kg. My Budget is ~80k on Road Price,Bike should give mileage of 45kmpl atleast.
I have checked Suzuki Gixer though it looks comfortable it is shorter for my height as the seat height is below my groin area.
Also FZ v2 Looks small.I have checked CBZ it looks good for my height but the bike looks are very outdated.
Kindly suggest the bike which fits for my height and requirements.
Thanks In Advance.

RatnaKiran

First Gear

Member: 24 Jan, 2016

• 24 Jan 2016, 6:59 pm
Hi every one, I would like to buy 125cc bike could any once suggest me the best option please? I am already using Hero Honda Passion Plus. I need the best bike under 70,000/- please suggest me the best once with Mileage, with best performance, daily atleat 90kms I travel on bike. Help me guys. Thank you

Sridhar

First Gear

Member: 24 Jan, 2016

• 24 Jan 2016, 10:17 pm
Hero Splendor Pro Could Be The best Choice...

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 25 Jan 2016, 9:57 am
If you want outright mileage, you will still have to look within the Hero brand - the Hero Splendor Pro would be the best bet, as Sridhar says. However, if you want something a little more fun to ride, look at the Honda CB Shine SP. It may compromise a little on fuel efficiency, but has better riding characteristics and is virtually trouble free.

JijoMalayil

• 25 Jan 2016, 10:56 am
ravikapa Honda CB Hornet 160R will be a very good buy. It might tick all the right boxes for you! check it out.

kamal

First Gear

Member: 25 Jan, 2016

• 25 Jan 2016, 3:42 pm
I'm a very short guy, nearly 5 feet tall .Suggest me some bikes.

JijoMalayil

• 25 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm
kamal What is your budget? Are you looking for a commuter(100-125 cc segment) bike or want something more sporty?

ravikapa

First Gear

Member: 22 Jan, 2016

• 25 Jan 2016, 4:23 pm
JijoMalayil Thanks for your reply. I am in dilemma whether Hornet/Hunk. Only thing worrying me about the Hornet is it is out of my budget as I can only stretch till 80k. For 80k Hero Hunk looks good..Need to decide between the two. Plz provide ur suggestions about both.

Kruncool

First Gear

• 25 Jan 2016, 4:46 pm
Hey, What about Bajaj Pulsar AS 200 a'm planning to purchase it. is it a good choice in 200cc segment ?

Kruncool

First Gear

• 25 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm
"Originally posted by I Live For Speed"
One of the most common queries we get is which bike to buy. There are dozens of people asking the same question as you; let's have a common thread for them.
What are your needs? what's your budget? should be it a sporty bike or a cruiser? Post your queries here and we'll get peers and experts to answer your questions!
Hey! I'm planning to buy Bajaj Pulsar AS 200 is it a good option in 200cc segment ?

JijoMalayil

• 25 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm
ravikapa Hero hunk is a good buy. But, it is dated now. if that doesn't bother you. Go for it! But please test drive both before you finalize. And do share your reviews!

JijoMalayil

• 25 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm
Kruncool I would suggest you check out the new TVS Apache RTR 200 4V that was recently launched, AS 200 is a very capable bike, but if you want a punchy engine, good riding dynamics, a pleasing exhaust note and a fairly decent ride comfort, the Apache might just trump the Bajaj Pulsar AS 200.

chandrahsekhar

First Gear

Member: 28 Jan, 2016

• 28 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm
Please let me know best bike to buy. I want to get the Honda Hornet 160R, but some people are saying Suzuki Gixxer is better.. but Bajaj Pulsar NS150 is yet to come to market.. Which bike is best for long ride and less maintenance and value for money.. Please give your suggestion...

NikilSJ

Total Posts: 2337

• 28 Jan 2016, 12:45 pm
chandrahsekhar I suggest you go for the Honda Hornet 160R, it certainly is one of the benchmarks in the 150cc segment right now. The Honda Hornet 160R is a capable bike for travelling long distances and being a Honda it should be easy on your pocket too. The Hornet 160R makes marginally more power than the Gixxer and can be had with front and rear disc brakes as well. however, Honda does charge a premium for its bikes, so expect it to cost slightly more than the Suzuki Gixxer.

shubham020892

First Gear

Member: 03 Feb, 2016

• 3 Feb 2016, 5:52 pm
Hi, I'm looking to buy a bike in 150-160cc segment with my budget around 85k(on-road), can anyone suggest me the bikes to look for?
I'm currently considering TVS apache 160, but is it worth waiting for pulsar 150NS??
P.S:- Sporty bike preferred

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 4 Feb 2016, 12:37 pm
shubham020892 You could check out Suzuki Gixxer. Although it may not be as flashy as the FZ series, it packs quite a punch when it comes to performance. It is frugal and comfortable as well. Yes, you could wait for the Pulsar 150 NS, but only time will tell if it is worth it.

msvijai

First Gear

Member: 11 Feb, 2016

• 11 Feb 2016, 10:23 am
Hi.. I am planning to buy a new bike and my budget is 1.5 lakhs. My requirements are like Sports bike, normal usage. Can you suggest me a best bike.

shub.dagar

First Gear

Member: 11 Feb, 2016

• 11 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm
I want to buy a bike in between 150cc -180cc. Confused between Yamaha FZS, Suzuki Gixxer, TVS Apache and Honda CB Hornet. Pls suggest one.

NikilSJ

• 12 Feb 2016, 12:30 pm
shub.dagar frankly you could consider any one of the bikes you've mentioned. But if performance is priority you should seriously consider the Suzuki Gixxer. The Gixxer is the current benchmark in the segment. The Honda CB Hornet is also a worthy alternative, but Honda does charge a premium over other bike makers. But rest assured the quality, fit and finish of the Honda CB Hornet and Suzuki Gixxer are a class apart. Praveen can give you some more details of both the bikes. Let me know what bike you go for eventually and you could also start a thread on owner's experience here.

Mihir Joshi

First Gear

Member: 13 Feb, 2016

• 13 Feb 2016, 2:56 pm
Hello Guys!
I want to buy a bike (I prefer naked) with engine capacity of about 250cc.
Budget is about 1,50,000 to 2,00,000 . i can go higher.
I am currently riding 150cc bike.
Which bikes would you suggest?

Mihir Joshi

First Gear

• 13 Feb 2016, 6:45 pm
Which is better benelli tnt25 or Duke 200

Mihir Joshi

First Gear

• 13 Feb 2016, 6:58 pm
Which is better benelli tnt25 or Duke 200?

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Total Posts: 1305

• 14 Feb 2016, 4:59 am
Mihir Joshi. the duke 200 has been in the market for over 2 years now, and considering the performance it delivers along with low service requirements, it makes it a better value for money proposition. In the case of the DSK Benelli, the dealer network is rather small and hence service network may be an issue, this is another reason why the bike is not being sold in high quantities. On paper it looks like a good package, but in time we'll know about ownership experiences.
Also, have you considered the new Ninja 300? Is it slightly expensive, but quite worth it. You should give it a try.

kush

First Gear

Member: 12 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 6

• 15 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm
duke 200 is much better in comparison to mileage of benelli tnt25 is what I have checked.

nirmalnimz

First Gear

Member: 16 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 4

• 16 Feb 2016, 11:20 pm
I am currently using 2014 model Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. As I am suffering from a lower back pain problem, I am planning to buy another bike. Can you please suggest me a bike of engine capacity ranging between 150cc and 500cc that can be used in bad road conditions /bumpy roads that offers best comfort?

nirmalnimz

First Gear

Member: 16 Feb, 2016

Total Posts: 4

• 17 Feb 2016, 12:08 am
I am currently using 2014 model Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. As I am suffering from a lower back pain problem, I am planning to buy another bike. Can you please suggest me a bike of engine capacity ranging between 150cc and 500cc that can be used in bad road conditions /bumpy roads that offers best comfort?

Sourav

First Gear

Member: 18 Feb, 2016

• 18 Feb 2016, 1:03 am
I'm planning to buy a bike. My requirements are a commuter bike, comfortable ride, descent mileage, and good enough power(no show off). An all round performer. I am planning to keep my budget below 75k. Prior to this I have been using TVS Victor and am quite happy with it, but since it is not with me now, I have to get a new one. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

JijoMalayil

• 18 Feb 2016, 10:59 am
Sourav The Honda Shine 125 will be a good buy. Adequate power, refined engine and a fuel economy figure of 65 kmpl. It comes with Honda's Combi-Braking System (CBS) which makes it a lot more safer on road. The on-road price will be around Rs 69000/- and is well worth it!
And if you are fan of TVS, check out the new Victor, it gets an 110cc engine and gives an average of fuel economy of 76kmpl. You can save some cash too, as the on-road price for the disc-brake variant is only Rs. 58321/- Got positive reviews too!

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 23 Feb 2016, 5:24 pm
nirmalnimz You could check out Royal Enfield's Thunderbird. It has really comfy seats. Relaxed ergonomics coupled with the wide seat and gas-charged suspension, the bike could be a good choice for you. If you are not a fan of heavyweights, try Bajaj Avenger. It has got a comfortable seat too, apart from decent power and mileage.

Robin

First Gear

Member: 23 Feb, 2016

• 23 Feb 2016, 11:32 pm
I am 56 years old. Have a great passion for biking even at this age. Can I ride a Royal Enfield ThunderBird 350 cc. I am already in possession of a Pulsar 150. Solicit advice from ThunderBird users.

saijak

First Gear

Member: 24 Feb, 2016

• 24 Feb 2016, 5:44 am
Hi, at present I am using Honda Shine 2008 model and I am planning to change the bike. I have two options - one is Yamaha SZ-RR v2.0 and another is Honda Unicorn 160. I am not sure as which one to opt with. Can you please help me narrow my option as which one to go ahead and buy? Thank you in advance.

JijoMalayil

• 24 Feb 2016, 11:23 am
"Originally posted by Robin"
I am 56 years old. Have a great passion for biking even at this age. Can I ride a Royal Enfield ThunderBird 350 cc. I am already in possession of a Pulsar 150. Solicit advice from ThunderBird users.
The Thunderbird 350 will be a good buy. Its upward riding stance, well contoured seats (but might require some extra cushioning!) is perfect for those long rides. The Thunderbird feels planted & absorbs all the undulation on the road with ease. Dual disc brakes make it a lot more safer. Compared to Pulsar 150 (144 kg), Thunderbird's kerb weight (192 kg) is on the heavier side. That said, it inspires confidence while cruising on the highways! Praveen Did i say it right?
Hi, at present I am using Honda Shine 2008 model and I am planning to change the bike. I have two options - one is Yamaha SZ-RR v2.0 and another is Honda Unicorn 160. I am not sure as which one to opt with. Can you please help me narrow my option as which one to go ahead and buy? Thank you in advance.
Stick with Honda, try the new Honda CB Hornet 160R . Honda bikes are known for their refinement, ride & handling. Broader tyres inspire confidence and help make the bike feel more planted, when compared to Unicorn 160. Dual discs with Combi-braking also makes it that much more safer on road, when compared to Yamaha SZ-RR.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 27 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm
"Originally posted by JijoMalayil"
[QUOTE=JijoMalayil;n5363]
The Thunderbird 350 will be a good buy. Its upward riding stance, well contoured seats (but might require some extra cushioning!) is perfect for those long rides. The Thunderbird feels planted & absorbs all the undulation on the road with ease. Dual disc brakes make it a lot more safer. Compared to Pulsar 150 (144 kg), Thunderbird's kerb weight (192 kg) is on the heavier side. That said, it inspires confidence while cruising on the highways! Praveen Did i say it right?
JijoMalayil , Robin Yes, true. The Thunderbird feels very planted at high speeds. 80 kmph is the most comfortable speed for the bike where there are minimal vibrations and the bike feels very comfortable on the highways. Anything beyond that speed will be welcomed with vibrations. If you're into relaxed cruising, the Thunderbird is the best.

Sandeep K

First Gear

Member: 28 Feb, 2016

• 28 Feb 2016, 11:25 pm
If I ask for the most value for money 110/125 cc gearless men's scooter, which one would it be among those available and to be launched shortly?

Suraj Kumar

First Gear

Member: 29 Feb, 2016

• 29 Feb 2016, 8:15 pm
Plz suggest me a bike from "Pulsar RS200, Yamaha R15, KTM RC200".

Yash

First Gear

Member: 29 Feb, 2016

• 29 Feb 2016, 11:01 pm
I want to buy a sports bike but cant decide amongst KTM RC200...KTM DUKE 200...and HYOSUNG GT250R

Rajesh Vijayaku..

First Gear

Member: 01 Mar, 2016

Total Posts: 9

• 1 Mar 2016, 10:32 am
Need a bike with comfortable ride for 40+40 km (80km) ride everyday. In 40km, 20 will be in metro and remaining 20km will be out of city. Please help on this.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 669

• 1 Mar 2016, 11:45 am
"Originally posted by Rajesh Vijayakumar"
Need a bike with comfortable ride for 40+40 km (80km) ride everyday. In 40km, 20 will be in metro and remaining 20km will be out of city. Please help on this.

Rajesh Vijayakumar , I think the new Bajaj Avenger Street would be a good option for you. It gives good ride comfort, and also decent fuel efficiency which you would need in your long commute everyday.
Also, in case you are traveling with a bag pack, the pack will rest comfortably on the rear seat and not put a lot of strain on your shoulders. It is available in 220cc and 150cc options. In my opinion the 220cc is a good option for both urban and highway riding.

koolchap4u

First Gear

Member: 02 Mar, 2016

• 2 Mar 2016, 2:31 am
I want to get some updates about Royal Enfield Continental GT...

is it worth buying for long term use?

theGhOsTrIdEr

First Gear

Member: 03 Mar, 2016

• 3 Mar 2016, 5:44 am
Ok Guyz which is best in allround performance APACHE RTR160 or HONDA CB HORNET.

NikilSJ

• 3 Mar 2016, 11:07 am
Sandeep K the most value for money 110-125cc scooter in my opinion would be the TVS Jupiter. Though there are newer products in the market now, I think the Jupiter offers the best balance of value for money and performance. An alternate scooter you could consider is the new Hero Maestro Edge. The Maestro Edge has a very masculine design compared to the others and is quite peppy too. I would advice you to go for a scooter that offers safety features like a front disc brake at least.

NikilSJ

• 3 Mar 2016, 11:12 am
Plz suggest me a bike from "Pulsar RS200, Yamaha R15, KTM RC200".
Suraj Kumar Yash could you tell us how much you plan to ride the bike everyday?

NikilSJ

• 3 Mar 2016, 11:19 am
koolchap4u the Royal Enfield Continental GT as an overall package is quite good for an RE product. But truth be told the riding position of the Continental GT is forward-set and this is not ideal for long distance trips. This riding position puts a lot of strain on your hand and back as well. Like all REs, the handlebars start vibrating after 90kmph and after a point they will go numb. Consider buying the Continental GT only if you ride short distances everyday. Otherwise I would suggest you to get a Classic 500 or a Himalayan instead.

NikilSJ

• 3 Mar 2016, 11:21 am
Rajesh Vijayakumar could you tell us how much you are willing to spend for a bike?

udikish

First Gear

Member: 27 Feb, 2016

• 3 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm
Hi, i am Saud Ahmed Sheikh. I want to buy Kawasaki Vulcan S or Harley Davidson Street 750. Which one is the best bike? Please let me know.

Abhirup Chakrab..

First Gear

• 3 Mar 2016, 10:42 pm
I was planning to buy TVS Apache RTR 200. Can someone tell me the on-road mileage? As I would be using it to commute 25 kms up and down regularly.

sutej atgur

First Gear

• 3 Mar 2016, 11:47 pm
I'm a college going guy and i need a bike which would be awesome to ride and good in looking so please suggest me which bike should i buy else should i wait for some new bike launch!!!
And budget would be around 1.5 to 2.0 lakh

Arjun

• 4 Mar 2016, 9:16 am
sutej atgur, I would recommend the Honda CBR 250. The bike is well designed, has a smooth yet powerful engine and is good for touring also. The KTM 390 Twins are also good options, but they would go above your budget. If you are ready to wait for a while I would suggest you to wait for the BMW G 310R, which is expected to be priced within 2 lakhs. The vehicle is a great in looks, and has the BMW brand name also.

Lakshya M Jain

First Gear

Member: 05 Mar, 2016

• 5 Mar 2016, 12:39 am
I am a tall person of height 6ft 2". So will I be comfortable on the avenger 150 street and will I face any backache problems? Cuz presently I ride an activa and I have very frequent backache and this is the sole reason I am planning to shift to a bike.

sutej atgur

First Gear

• 5 Mar 2016, 2:41 pm
Arjun Thank you for replying if my budget been increased would RC 390 2016 model would be a great choice else should i wait for BMW G 310R. But i cant wait for too long can you tell me when
would BMW bike will be out any ideas??

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 5 Mar 2016, 2:51 pm
"Originally posted by udikish"
Hi, i am Saud Ahmed Sheikh. I want to buy Kawasaki Vulcan S or Harley Davidson Street 750. Which one is the best bike? Please let me know.
As far as I know the Vulcan S has not yet been launched and we haven't ridden it yet. So can't really say what it would be like. It is likely to be far more expensive compared to the Harley Davidson Street 750. I've ridden this bike and it's quite a decent commuter - it may not have the class and dynamism that bigger Harley's have, but the engine is pretty smooth and nice. The upright riding position and low seat height make it pretty easy to handle for city rides.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 5 Mar 2016, 4:04 pm
"Originally posted by Abhirup Chakraborty"
I was planning to buy TVS Apache RTR 200. Can someone tell me the on-road mileage? As I would be using it to commute 25 kms up and down regularly.
As far as I know, users of the Apache have reported fuel efficiency of about 32-35 kmpl. I think this is what you should expect in city riding conditions.
I am a tall person of height 6ft 2". So will I be comfortable on the avenger 150 street and will I face any backache problems? Cuz presently I ride an activa and I have very frequent backache and this is the sole reason I am planning to shift to a bike.
The Avenger Street has a low seat height and a pretty upright riding position. I'm not sure you would really find it helping your back, as the suspension travel is fairly limited even with the Avenger, but perhaps the slightly more upright riding position may help. However, I would advise you to first take a test ride of the Avenger and see if you think it is easier on your back. I would have thought that a scooter like the Activa allows for more flexibility, which would help your back if you moved around a bit.
Arjun Thank you for replying if my budget been increased would RC 390 2016 model would be a great choice else should i wait for BMW G 310R. But i cant wait for too long can you tell me when
would BMW bike will be out any ideas??
The G310R was showcased at the Auto Expo - it will be launched in the next 3-4 months.

VISHWAS PATHAK

First Gear

Member: 06 Mar, 2016

• 6 Mar 2016, 6:23 pm
I Will be commuting from delhi east to gurgaon approx 120 + kilometer a day{both side}. which will be best option handling mileage prefered. is honda livo is good option? any other suggestions please.. please do refer the mileage.

NikilSJ

• 7 Mar 2016, 12:39 pm
VISHWAS PATHAK the Honda Livo is a good choice for a commuter bike especially since you'll be commuting so much everyday. The Livo is essentially a replacement for the CB Twister. It returns an avergae fuel efficiency figure of 74kmpl which is impressive for its class. However, like every Honda, the Livo is priced slightly higher than its competition. The drum brake version (which I strongly suggest you shouldn't buy) is priced at Rs 52,989 (ex-showroom Delhi) and the disc brake version costs Rs 55,488 (ex-showroom Delhi). The Livo is available in four colours. The Honda Livo is also Zigwheels' 'upto 125cc bike of the year' winner. You can check out the long-term test review here.
Another option you could consider is the all-new TVS Victor. Not only is it the newest bike in the segment, it promises to deliver great performance and fuel efficiency as well. The TVS Victor with disc brakes is priced at 53,490 (ex-showroom Delhi) and has a claimed fuel efficiency figure of 76kmpl. On the long run, I think the Victor would make more sense. Check out the Zigwheels review of the new TVS Victor here.

ShIva NaIdu

First Gear

Member: 07 Mar, 2016

• 7 Mar 2016, 7:03 pm
My question is i am confused. To which bike should i buy in 200cc segment ,best for long Ride trips .One more thing i want to ask i have honda unicorn bike which engine oil is the best for it. Also I want to buy riding gear also which company brand should i prefer my budget is around 10 to 15k. That's all please help me guys.

siddharth5

First Gear

Member: 10 Mar, 2016

Total Posts: 10

• 10 Mar 2016, 9:03 pm
I am Siddharth from Mumbai. Looking for a bike between 100cc to 110 cc for occasional commuting in city (3-4 days in week). My preference shall be (1) Mileage (2) Comfort in handling (3) Style. Budget is 60k on road (can go higher too) . I had shortlisted few bikes like Bajaj Platina ES, TVS Star City plus, Hero Splendor i-Smart. Dont know about HONDA bikes, however after reading blogs and post here, I felt that experts are more stressing on HONDA bikes for smooth ride compared to TVS, Bajaj, etc. Pls suggest good bike with 60 kmpl mileage in city and with good looks. You can suggest some other bikes too (other than I shortlisted). Thank you.

siddharth5

First Gear

• 11 Mar 2016, 3:50 pm
Anybody here who can answer my query above .... moderators / experts pls suggest on my above question.... waiting

NikilSJ

• 11 Mar 2016, 4:41 pm
Hi siddharth5 Honda bikes are generally good and reliable. However, they are priced at a premium compared to the others. I would suggest you take a look at the all-new TVS Victor or the Honda CB Shine. The Victor is priced at Rs 56,260 on-road New Delhi for the drum brake-equipped version and Rs 58,381 for the one with the disc brake. The TVS Victor has a 110cc engine and delivers a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl. The Honda CB Shine comes with a 125cc engine and costs Rs 68,760 on-road Delhi for the disc brake-equipped version with Honda's Combi-Braking System (CBS). The Honda Shine delivers a fuel efficiency of 65kmpl. You can even stretch your budget and go for the newly launched Bajaj V15. Check out the details of the Bajaj V15 here.

JijoMalayil

• 11 Mar 2016, 4:45 pm
"Originally posted by NikilSJ"
Hi siddharth5 Honda bikes are generally good and reliable. However, they are priced at a premium compared to the others. I would suggest you take a look at the all-new TVS Victor or the Honda CB Shine. The Victor is priced at Rs 56,260 on-road New Delhi for the drum brake-equipped version and Rs 58,381 for the one with the disc brake. The TVS Victor has a 110cc engine and delivers a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl. The Honda CB Shine comes with a 125cc engine and costs Rs 68,760 on-road Delhi for the disc brake-equipped version with Honda's Combi-Braking System (CBS). The Honda Shine delivers a fuel efficiency of 65kmpl. You can even stretch your budget and go for the newly launched Bajaj V15. Check out the details of the Bajaj V15 here.
As Nikil said, go for the Honda CB Shine. 125cc, refined engine and minimal vibrations. The suspension is sorted and handles quite well too. The CBS system make it that much more safer on-road. Worth the money! On the other hand, V15 from Bajaj (recently launched) sports a bigger 150cc engine, looks butch! Priced really well. Do take a test drive of both and then decide. Do come back and post your reviews.

siddharth5

First Gear

• 12 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm
Thanks Nikhil and Jijo .... I will take test drive soon of both. Just 1 more thing... does TVS gives 1 year extra warranty in comparison to other bike manufacturers, as I have seen TVS giving 3 years Warranty and others only for 2 Years. !!

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 18 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm
theGhOsTrIdEr , On paper, the Hornet is the more powerful one. Hornet also has Combined Braking System (CBS) as an option. This helps the bike to handle better by providing more efficient braking. It also has a smooth and refined motor. Take a test ride of both the bikes and see which one you like.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 18 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm
ShIva NaIdu If you want a relaxed cruiser, go for Royal Enfield Thunderbird or the Himalayan for all-terrain riding. Although, Himalayan would be a tad expensive than the Thunderbird. If you're into high-speed runs, then the KTM Duke 200 would be apt for you. It is to be noted that the Duke's ergonomics is more aggressive. For safety gear, check out the brands- DSG and Cramster. For bike luggages, Viaterra is really good. As far as boots are concerned, you could have a look at Spartan ProGear. I'd suggest you visit a reputed gear store where you can try them out real-time and then and narrow down the products based on your needs. JijoMalayil , any thoughts on the engine oil? I used only the stock engine oil for my Dazzler and had no problems

Vaibhav Sharma

First Gear

Member: 22 Mar, 2016

Total Posts: 7

• 23 Mar 2016, 3:05 pm
@Sidharth5...I would suggest go ahead with Avenger as cruisers are best for long distance rides due to relaxed riding position, only thing which puts a negative aspect is the long wheelbase and low seating position it becomes little difficult to manage the bike if you are stuck in traffic. For a relaxed ride and unmatched road presence TD a Royal Infield also, you wil have to compromise with the fuel efficiency a bit but trust me Bulls are very comfortable to ride.

anuraggeffen

First Gear

Member: 24 Mar, 2016

• 24 Mar 2016, 12:12 am

Look Man if you wanna buy a bike between 100 to 110 CC then go for either the Hero MotoCorp Splendor series or Passion ......... these are the most trusted 100 CC bikes in India till this time ....... you get a wide dealer network .......... take it to any place you want and you'll get its after sales support ........... servicing is easy ............ selling it after say 5 years would give you a lot of your money back ......... but if you do not want to go with Hero MotoCorp then the other option left is HMSI Dream series ............ or if you can pay upto 65, 000 Rs. then you can buy Livo .......... the more you think the more you'll get confused ....... so easy as it is ......... either go for Hero MotoCorp Splendor i-Smart or Honda Dream Yuga ............ you'll be happy with either of them

Lakshya M Jain

First Gear

Member: 05 Mar, 2016

• 24 Mar 2016, 12:43 am
I am a 6ft 2" tall person. Which bike would be suitable for me?
I have selected some options like bajaj avenger, bajaj as150, Honda cb hornet.
Which would be the best suited bike for me because I have got a backache problem.
I am currently riding a Honda activa and even during shorter rides I develop back pain. So please suggest me the best bike for me. My budget is below 1L. And if its of any use:- this would be my first bike!

AviNash

First Gear

Member: 24 Mar, 2016

• 24 Mar 2016, 11:29 pm
Hello sirs.
Just asking this out of curiosity..
I'm studying in class 12, and I have a passion for biking.
No, I don't do "road-rash" driving, nor do I drive my dad's bike that often on the main roads. Just weekly once.[He doesn't use it that much, so..]
I'm tall, something above 6 feet.
I'm in a pandemonium, as to which bike might suit me. [Only thoughts now, rest all stuff later on.]
I prefer cruising, since I've a wish to go on long highway drives.
Not going too upscale, I prefer to stay with Indian brands.
I have a thing about Royal Enfields, their style, gait, boldness., and the (apparently) ease of ride.
Do you think a RE might be good for me..?
If yes, then which model would be suitable..?
What are the differences between a Thunderbird, a Bullet and a Classic..?
Thanks,
Regards,
Myself.

JijoMalayil

• 25 Mar 2016, 11:20 am
"Originally posted by Lakshya M Jain"
I am a 6ft 2" tall person. Which bike would be suitable for me?
I have selected some options like bajaj avenger, bajaj as150, Honda cb hornet.
Which would be the best suited bike for me because I have got a backache problem.
I am currently riding a Honda activa and even during shorter rides I develop back pain. So please suggest me the best bike for me. My budget is below 1L. And if its of any use:- this would be my first bike!
Try the Honda CB Hornet 160r. Excellent suspension setup & very refined engine with minimal vibrations. Broader tyres make it very planted on the road. Will come within your budget too.

JijoMalayil

• 25 Mar 2016, 11:30 am
"Originally posted by AviNash"
Hello sirs.
Just asking this out of curiosity..
I'm studying in class 12, and I have a passion for biking.
No, I don't do "road-rash" driving, nor do I drive my dad's bike that often on the main roads. Just weekly once.[He doesn't use it that much, so..]
I'm tall, something above 6 feet.
I'm in a pandemonium, as to which bike might suit me. [Only thoughts now, rest all stuff later on.]
I prefer cruising, since I've a wish to go on long highway drives.
Not going too upscale, I prefer to stay with Indian brands.
I have a thing about Royal Enfields, their style, gait, boldness., and the (apparently) ease of ride.
Do you think a RE might be good for me..?
If yes, then which model would be suitable..?
What are the differences between a Thunderbird, a Bullet and a Classic..?
Thanks,
Regards,
Myself.
Hey, Royal Enfield has a charm of its own. The Thunderbird 350 will be the perfect bike for you. Given the fact that you are tall, and this particular model is well versed for cruising, you can opt for this. Thunderbird 350 comes with features like dual disc brakes, projector head lamps and broader rear tyre. If you prefer off roading, combined with cruising ability, check out the recently launched RE Himalayan. Do test drive both and post your review regarding the same. Cheers!

Fraz

First Gear

Member: 27 Mar, 2016

• 27 Mar 2016, 4:31 am
ABS is mandatory in Europe for new bikes since 2012. Small cost for a big advantage on uneven surfaces in India. ABS saves lives. My next bike will have ABS ! BMW rider since 1970

Shreyas Manohar..

First Gear

Member: 29 Mar, 2016

• 29 Mar 2016, 11:26 pm
I am a college going guy.. and I need a 150 c.c motorcycle. My dad considers Bajaj. But I'm not clear in choosing between the various models. I shortlisted the AS150 , V15 and the Avenger Street 150. I need decent mileage and more concerned about the maintenance.

Aravind008

First Gear

Member: 31 Mar, 2016

• 31 Mar 2016, 10:11 am
I'm having a royal enfield classic 350. I'm thinking of selling this bike and getting the new royal enfield himalayan, I will be using it mostly for city rides.. Is it worth the upgrade??

JijoMalayil

• 31 Mar 2016, 1:00 pm
"Originally posted by Aravind008"
I'm having a royal enfield classic 350. I'm thinking of selling this bike and getting the new royal enfield himalayan, I will be using it mostly for city rides.. Is it worth the upgrade??

Himalayan is out right adventure bike. If you riding is confined to the city, stick with the Classic 350 only.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 4 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm
Aravind008 The Himalayan is definitely versatile. Maneuvering it in the city roads won't be much of a problem if the rider is sufficiently tall. If you'd use the bike on weekend highway rides, then it is worth the upgrade. Also, the maintenance of Himalayan is also less frequent than the other Royal Enfields. You could wait for a while, gauge the customer experiences and then upgrade for one, if it is appeals you.

naveen.abm

First Gear

Member: 04 Apr, 2016

• 4 Apr 2016, 10:38 pm
I have a budget of Rs 1 lakhs, i want a bike with great design, looks and comfort (for both rider and pillion), with good brakingm handling and also i am 5'5 80kg weight, please let me know which bike will be suitable for me, i will be using this for communiting around 35 km per day. I have shortlisted Bajaj Pulsar NS 150, Yamaha Fz version 2, Honda Hornet 160, TVS ABS 180, TVS 200. Please suggest and do let me know..
Regards
Naveen

Arjun

• 5 Apr 2016, 9:54 am
"Originally posted by naveen.abm"
I have a budget of Rs 1 lakhs, i want a bike with great design, looks and comfort (for both rider and pillion), with good brakingm handling and also i am 5'5 80kg weight, please let me know which bike will be suitable for me, i will be using this for communiting around 35 km per day. I have shortlisted Bajaj Pulsar NS 150, Yamaha Fz version 2, Honda Hornet 160, TVS ABS 180, TVS 200. Please suggest and do let me know..
Regards
Naveen

I would suggest the Apache RTR 180 ABS. It is one of the best bikes in terms of power, braking and features, and also the design of the Apache would suit your height well. The Apache 200 is also a good option, but the ABS version with FI engine is yet to be launched. The RTR 180 is overall a well balanced bike and quite fun to ride. The seat of the Apache 200 is higher as compared to the RTR 180.
Otherwise, the FZ16 is also a good option, as its light and nimble, if its a regular commuter you are looking for. It also has a low saddle height.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 5 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm
naveen.abm You could give Honda Hornet a try. It has good pillion comfort and the braking is wonderful, thanks to the Combined Braking System (CBS). The engine is refined and fuel efficient as well.

docview

First Gear

Member: 06 Apr, 2016

• 6 Apr 2016, 1:43 am
I'm relocating to hilly area of Uttarakhand. Presently, I have a Hero Hunk & was waiting for BMW 310R release. Will Hunk be comfortable for hilly terrain otherwise I'll buy a Apache 200 cc instead of waiting for BMW 310R.

Arjun

• 6 Apr 2016, 10:03 am
The Hero Hunk has decent torque to handle hilly terrains. It may be a little slow with a pillion, but it would comfortably pull through hilly terrains with a single rider. The Apache 200 would certainly perform better, but I do not think an immediate replacement would be required. You can later replace it with the BMW310R, when it is released and you should be able to comfortably manage with the Hero Hunk till then.

Shreyansh

First Gear

Member: 06 Apr, 2016

• 6 Apr 2016, 11:54 pm
Which is the best bike to buy at around 50K? I'm thinking of tvs victor 2016. I'd mostly be using it for urban riding.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 7 Apr 2016, 10:47 am
Shreyansh TVS Victor 2016 is a good bike. You could also check out Honda Dream Yuga. It gives superb mileage and refined as well. Another good bike is Hero Splendor. It comes with a five-year warranty which is a pretty good deal if you want a no-nonsense and reliable commuter.

Rajesh Vijayaku..

First Gear

• 8 Apr 2016, 10:33 am
Hello friends,
I am planning to buy a bike to travel 80 KM everyday. Morning ride includes 20 km city ride and 20 km highway ride. Evening ride is also the same.
My budget is 1 Lakh.
Please suggest a bike which provides both comfort and mileage.
Regards,
Rajesh V.

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 8 Apr 2016, 11:00 am ( 2 Videos )
Rajesh Vijayakumar , I'd suggest you go for Avenger 150. The bike gives decent mileage; is light enough for nimble handling in city roads and is comfortable enough for highways. If your priority is mileage, then the Avenger 150 is good. But if you're looking for more power, then Avenger 220 is better. Both the bikes are similar in looks. You could also check out Pulsar AS series if you're looking for something that's different from a cruiser.
Here's a video review of Bajaj Avenger 150 Street:

Here's a video review of Bajaj AS 150 and AS 200:

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 8 Apr 2016, 11:07 am ( 1 Video)
Rajesh Vijayakumar If you're looking for a sporty bike, you could go for Honda Hornet or Yamaha FZ or Suzuki Gixxer.
Watch the comparo video and let us know which one appeals you!

Rajesh Vijayaku..

First Gear

• 8 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm
Praveen : I am very much confused between avenger 150 , gixxer and fz v2

Praveen

Enthusiast

• 8 Apr 2016, 4:37 pm
Rajesh Vijayakumar , It all boils down to power, comfort and mileage. If you want more power, then Gixxer is the best, followed by FZ v2. If you prioritize comfort over outright power, then Avenger 150 is the right bike for you. Mileage- wise, all the three give out decent range. The FZ may give slightly better mileage owing to the fuel-injected engine, but loses out on power. All in all, for your kind of commute, I'd say the Avenger 150 would be apt. Cheers!

Dragonfly

First Gear

Member: 08 Apr, 2016

• 8 Apr 2016, 11:37 pm
"Originally posted by Rajesh Vijayakumar"
Hello friends,
I am planning to buy a bike to travel 80 KM everyday. Morning ride includes 20 km city ride and 20 km highway ride. Evening ride is also the same.
My budget is 1 Lakh.
Please suggest a bike which provides both comfort and mileage.
Regards,
Rajesh V.
Honda has relaunched CB Unicorn 150 once again. I think this should be perfect as you are traveling 80 kms daily
Thanks,
rahul