Issues with new Mahi..

• 26 Aug 2016, 15758 Views

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

Member: 26 Aug, 2016

Total Posts: 9

• 26 Aug 2016, 6:49 pm
Roshun
Hi sir, I have been following your posts for a few days now and they are nice and practical. I am facing a problem which I think you might be able to help me with.
Problem: I bought a new Mahindra TUV 300 model T4 Plus from Sri Durga, Delhi after doing a decent level of research. Before purchase, I took a test drive 3 times and the car seemed fine then. It has some benefits of an SUV as well (like ground clearance, high sitting position, etc) but I am not satisfied for the below reasons:
1. It's bouncy when you drive over pot holes and bad road including speed breakers. There is no solution for this now as it has a softer suspension and this will happen any way. Still it would be great if you can suggest some thing here.
2. As it was a lower model, I got the music system installed from outside. Initially it worked fine but after 5 months now, my car gradually has started making so much noises on bad roads. Its like some thing is loosely put inside each and every door. Please suggest some good person/shop where I can get this fixed and don't have to spend a lot.
3. Mahindra has not provided a very good interior for the lower model. When I installed a 7 inch touch screen into it, it left me with gaps around the screen. I also tried to set a plastic frame around but even then the gap is visible as it too large. Please help with this too.
4. Average in city is 11-12 kmpl which is not what I was expecting. Before buying the car, I asked its mileage from an existing user and he said its 15. After buying, I saw this is not the case. I googled and found out that many others are getting 11-12 only. Nothing can be done in this regard I guess.
Also, i still have 2 free services. After that I have no clue from where to get my car serviced. Please suggest any good service station in Delhi NCR.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 27 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm
"Originally posted by Ankur_Sachdeva"
Roshun
Hi sir, I have been following your posts for a few days now and they are nice and practical. I am facing a problem which I think you might be able to help me with.
Problem: I bought a new Mahindra TUV 300 model T4 Plus from Sri Durga, Delhi after doing a decent level of research. Before purchase, I took a test drive 3 times and the car seemed fine then. It has some benefits of an SUV as well (like ground clearance, high sitting position, etc) but I am not satisfied for the below reasons:
1. It's bouncy when you drive over pot holes and bad road including speed breakers. There is no solution for this now as it has a softer suspension and this will happen any way. Still it would be great if you can suggest some thing here.
The ladder frame chassis and actually stiff, not soft, rear suspension is responsible for this bouncy ride. It can be sorted out if you carry some weight in the boot. This is a similar issue with the Thar also, where if you put a couple of sand bags in the boot. Add a 100 Kg load in the boot and it settles down. You will notice that with a full load of people it is better behaved.
2. As it was a lower model, I got the music system installed from outside. Initially it worked fine but after 5 months now, my car gradually has started making so much noises on bad roads. It is like some thing is loosely put inside each and every door. Please suggest some good person/shop where I can get this fixed and don't have to spend a lot.
You will probably have to recheck the wiring and fastening screws used for the speakers in the doors. You may also have to install dampmat or sound damping material in the doors. One place you can do that is Autozone, Gurgaon, Sector 14. Contact Deepak Batra: 9810205470
3. Mahindra has not provided a very good interior for the lower model. When I installed a 7 inch touch screen into it, it left me with gaps around the screen. I also tried to set a plastic frame around but even then the gap is visible as it too large. Please help with this too.
I am not too sure what can be done with this. Show it to Autozone, they may have some suggestions on fixing the gap. You may have to get some customization done. I thought the system size was standard double DIN, in which case there should not be much of a gap.
4. Average in city is 11-12 kmpl which is not what I was expecting. Before buying the car, I asked its mileage from an existing user and he said its 15. After buying, I saw this is not the case. I googled and found out that many others are getting 11-12 only. Nothing can be done in this regard I guess.
In the city expect only about 12-13 kmpl at best, because of bumper to bumper traffic conditions. On the highway, you should be able to get service. Also mileage does tend to improve after 10,000 km - after second service. Keep your tyre pressures at recommended level or go even 2 psi higher if you want fuel efficiency. However, that will make the ride a bit bouncy.
Also, i still have 2 free services. After that I have no clue from where to get my car serviced. Please suggest any good service station in Delhi NCR.
I used to get my Scorpio serviced from Koncept Mahindra. They are pretty good. Right now, I go to Sterling Mahindra, and so far the experience has been decent. Are you not happy with Sri Durga's service? Also, do take the extended warranty for the TUV300, because with Mahindra vehicles, you will end up using the warranty as some small issues generally crop up.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 319

• 27 Aug 2016, 12:40 pm
Simplest solution to rectify this without affecting warranty - add some weight behind the rear axle. Put some heavy bags in the boot - adjust weight till you find the acceptable bounciness level. When your warranty is over, you can get stiffer springs - this will affect ride quality though.
2. As it was a lower model, I got the music system installed from outside. Initially it worked fine but after 5 months now, my car gradually has started making so much noises on bad roads. It's like some thing is loosely put inside each and every door. Please suggest some good person/shop where I can get this fixed and don't have to spend a lot.
You can ask the mechanic at the Mahindra service station to check the speaker fittings in the doors - it may have come loose. If he reports that the fittings were not done properly then pull up the aftermarket shop where you got them installed in the first place.
Which aftermarket system have you installed? Can you share a photo?
Wait till your car crosses 10k kms, it takes some time for the engine to settle. It could improve after that, but not by too much.
Stick to Mahindra service centres, at least till the warranty is valid.

JOY MRC

Member: 05 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 606

• 27 Aug 2016, 3:20 pm
Hi, Ankur. I see that others have poured in with the correct solutions to your problems. I will try to add a few pointers from my side as well.
1. It's bouncy when you drive over pot holes and bad road including speed breakers. There is no solution for this now as it has a softer suspension and this will happen any way. Still it would be great if you can suggest some thing here. .
Your car is ladder frame(body, chassis seperate) and rear wheel driven and the weight at the rear is not that much compared to front.usual cars out there are monocoque which generally have less bouncy effect. The work around is to carry weight in the back which plants the rear to the ground more reducing movements but your concern with mileage won't be helped by adding more weight. weight increases, mileage decreases. BUT I think I know why you are having this much of a problem. You have to accept the fact that the TUV300 will never drive like a sedan or hatchback car. It is an SUV so will drive like one. Ecosport, Creta, Duster etc rides better because they are monocoque and derived from their hatchback/sedan counter parts.They wont take a quarter of the abuse your car can take. Which is the solution to your problem. I believe you are driving the car wrong. Stop treating it like a car. You don't slow down for small speed breakers or potholes in an SUV, you just glide over them. The ride improves more with speed, you stop and get over them, bounces all over the place. you will get the idea with more usage. The Tuv300 uses the scorpio's chassis so is strong and can take serious beating without any complaints. try out this trick and let us know.
2. As it was a lower model, I got the music system installed from outside. Initially it worked fine but after 5 months now, my car gradually has started making so much noises on bad roads. Its like some thing is loosely put inside each and every door. Please suggest some good person/shop where I can get this fixed and don't have to spend a lot.
I think the idiots at the stereo shop broke some of the clips inside the door panels while removing and put it back as is after the install which is making the whole thing rattle with use. happens to everyone who does aftermarket fitments on car. these can easily be fixed don't worry. take it to the service center and replace the clips and tighten the stuffs thats gone loose by the continuous shaking on our roads.
Please upload some photos of the stereo in th ecenter console so that we can give a proper solution. Usually, the black plastic trim along with some realignment of the stereo fixes the gap issue with aftermarket fitments. you have to redo the stereo alignment(adjusting the screw metal frame) over and over until you get a fit to satisfaction.this can be done by a audio installer or service center only as removal of stereo panel and stereo is required.
The existing user LIED. the TUV is a heavy vehicle. So there is no way it can deliver 15 kmpl in city driving. may be he referred to overall mileage. The ARAI rating is 18.4 kmpl for the TUV in ideal conditions.so expect around 16 kmpl on the highways in the real world. 12kmpl is quite good in the city if you ask me. it will only get better after 5000-8000 kms usually. don't worry about it too much. after 5000 kms, buy a bottle of IFTEX system-D from HERE and use one full neck every 10 liters of diesel. you vehicle's smoothness, throttle response, mileage will improve and smoke will reduce. I used it extensively and it works. you can read more about system-D HERE
Also, I still have 2 free services. After that I have no clue from where to get my car serviced. Please suggest any good service station in Delhi NCR.
Stick to the authorized service center as your car is currently under the 3 year standard warranty and they will deny warranty claims(if any) if car is being service from out side garage's other than mahindra service. Keep that in mind. you can switch between mahindra authorized service stations if you don't like the current one.
If you have any more queries feel free to ask.Regards...

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 30 Aug 2016, 11:16 am
Thanks for the so much awesome responses guys, I think you guys proposed a solution for all my problems. My genuine regards to all of you. Moreover, for the center console issue i would update the post with pics for you guys to have a better. I will come back soon to you guys for your valuable inputs.
Thanks and Regards

JOY MRC

• 30 Aug 2016, 12:07 pm
Ankur_Sachdeva
Always here to help. Let us know if the suggested tricks worked too. Regards...

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 13 Sep 2016, 12:31 pm ( 7 Photos )
Hi All
Here are the pics of my dashboard. Please suggest what BEST can be done in order to keep the COST of modification minimum
Also, I did some thinking and research myself as well. First of all, I will share my jugad option :
I can get a custom made wooden/glass trim replacing the already present black plastic trim. I will use black wood or preferably glass for this so that it settles with an interior. Further, if in case I get the gaps covered but without a good look, I can use wooden mats available in the market for the interior purpose.
Let me know if this can be done.
From research:
1) have got a guy having a small piece of the center console, the image can refer from here : https://www.olx.in/item/mahindra-tuv300 ... 32697aa9c9
This costs- 1000 bucks and requires cutting the existing console. If this is not done neatly or may be if it does not fit after cutting, then I would end up having a worse case.
2) I went to Autozone, Gurgaon, Sector 14 and met Mr. Deepak. He already knew this problem and assured me that this can be fixed. He said he can arrange the whole center console (the hexagonal one with AC vent).
This will cost 6000 bucks for part and labour extra. My concern here was whether the new console is like the one that top model TUV has (glossy finish with silver garnish) or the one I have right now. No offence but spending 6000 just to get a fitting was on a higher side for me, moreover, I don't have any idea of how the new console would look like. Can be considered if it's like the top model one.

For suspension problem I found many of the TUV owners getting rogerab (coil spring adjusters) installed. Should I also consider this? have you got any experience with these??
Left view
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 13 Sep 2016, 1:32 pm
JOY MRC
Ordered IFTEX as you suggested from roger. Please explain more on the usage part. Its written there that we have to pour 1ml/liter of diesel.
What is the recommended usage as per you and durations??
Thanks

JOY MRC

• 13 Sep 2016, 11:48 pm
Hi All Here are the pics of my dashboard. Please suggest what BEST can be done in order to keep the COST of modification minimum Also, I did some thinking and research myself as well. First of all, I will share my jugad option : I can get a custom made wooden/glass trim replacing the already present black plastic trim. I will use black wood or preferably glass for this so that it settles with an interior. Further, if in case I get the gaps covered but without a good look, I can use wooden mats available in the market for the interior purpose. Let me know if this can be done. From research: 1) have got a guy having a small piece of the center console, the image can refer from here : https://www.olx.in/item/mahindra-tuv300 ... 32697aa9c9 This costs- 1000 bucks and requires cutting the existing console. If this is not done neatly or may be if it does not fit after cutting, then I would end up having a worse case. 2) I went to Autozone, Gurgaon, Sector 14 and met Mr. Deepak. He already knew this problem and assured me that this can be fixed. He said he can arrange the whole center console (the hexagonal one with AC vent). This will cost 6000 bucks for part and labour extra. My concern here was whether the new console is like the one that top model TUV has (glossy finish with silver garnish) or the one I have right now. No offence but spending 6000 just to get a fitting was on a higher side for me, moreover, I don't have any idea of how the new console would look like. Can be considered if it's like the top model one. For suspension problem I found many of the TUV owners getting rogerab (coil spring adjusters) installed. Should I also consider this? have you got any experience with these?? Left view
I have also found a similar double din fascia/ trim panel for the TUV300 om amazon(similar to the olx one you posted). from the glossy black finish, we can understand that it is made for the T8 variant where we might decide to replace the stock double din stereo with another unit.
http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Konnec.../dp/B01DT2E8CQ
BUT looking at your matte dashboard design, don't dare cut the panel as it will stick out like a sore thumb for sure. The best solution i can come up with is to buy some matte finish stickers and cover the entire panel(and cut it out) in such a way that the stereo gap is not that visible(the stereo needs some realignment as the top part sticks out a lot.)
second option is to buy the 1000 rupee panel and do the cutting. again cover up the entire panel using the matte sticker to get an even finish.
Regarding Rogerab, I love the service of rogermotors but never used this rogerab on any vehicles so cann't comment on the same. I have seen the video demo of the product and seems like a logical upgrade. you can clear any doubts before purchase by calling their customer care number.
System-D dosage is 1ml per diesel as they say. that is, squeeze one full neck of system-D to for adding to 10 liters of fuel. I use one neck per 500 rupee worth diesel and increment likewise. you can stop for a while after 2 tankful's or when you feel like it(after attaining steady performance) . Hope these tips work out. Regards...

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 14 Sep 2016, 12:03 am
JOY MRC
Sir i would really appreciate if you can provide any link for matte stickers you are talking about. I dont know from where to buy them or what they are like.

JOY MRC

• 14 Sep 2016, 11:05 pm
Ankur_Sachdeva
JOY MRC Sir i would really appreciate if you can provide any link for matte stickers you are talking about. I dont know from where to buy them or what they are like.
Sorry about that Ankur, I thought i pasted the link also. I was talking about the matte wrap stickers, which we usually use to do roof wraps, A/B pillars etc. Try and let us know.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tufkote-Matte...QAAOSwNSxVdp1z

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 15 Sep 2016, 11:15 am
JOY MRC
Thank you sir. I will post the upgraded pictures.
Also, one more thing i want to ask. I have not got the teflon coating done on my car, the SA at service center told me that it will cost 2400 to me. Should i go for it?

andyind

First Gear

Member: 26 Sep, 2016

Total Posts: 1

• 26 Sep 2016, 10:49 am
Ankur_Sachdeva
Hello Ankur, Please share if you were able to overcome the problem with your touch screen fitting. Could you please share pictures of any modifications made?
I have booked a T4+ and want to install a 2 din system. But, if it won't fit then I will go for a single din system.

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 2 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm
JOY MRC
Used IFTEX , it worked well.
car response is smooth and mileage increased by 2 points almost. Thanks

JOY MRC

• 3 Oct 2016, 11:40 am
Ankur_Sachdeva
Glad to know that system-D worked for you. Regarding Teflon coating, I personally don't use it as a regular wax polish once in 2 weeks done manually would give better results on the long run. The teflon wears off after 6 months or so and leaves a dull finish to the paint, Choose something like 3M care or Ceramic Pro packages from a reputed detailing shop for maintaining long lasting shine to the car. Dealer work is shoddy at best. Roshun uses 3M care to maintain his Black Scorpio 4x4 and it shines . He can throw in more info on what to go for. Regards...

Ankur_Sachdeva

First Gear

• 3 Oct 2016, 1:35 pm
"Originally posted by JOY MRC"
Ankur_Sachdeva Glad to know that system-D worked for you. Regarding Teflon coating, I personally don't use it as a regular wax polish once in 2 weeks done manually would give better results on the long run. The teflon wears off after 6 months or so and leaves a dull finish to the paint, Choose something like 3M care or Ceramic Pro packages from a reputed detailing shop for maintaining long lasting shine to the car. Dealer work is shoddy at best. Roshun uses 3M care to maintain his Black Scorpio 4x4 and it shines . He can throw in more info on what to go for. Regards...

JOY MRC
Thanks for the response sir. I agree with you, as i also did some online research and nobody at all suggested teflon. Though i will get under body rust treatment done from 3M. (saw Roshun sir post on this.)
I also read the post on DIY "how to remove swirl marks". I bought some products as suggested in that post but to have that done on an suv is quite a job for me if done manually. :P (may be i should wait for winters and increase some stamina)
But jokes apart, do you guys use buffing/rubbing machine for polishing your own cars? If not, then please suggest some tricks to get it done with lesser effort.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 3 Oct 2016, 3:25 pm
Ankur_Sachdeva
Haha. Ankur, waxing an SUV is a workout session, believe me. I enjoy this Sunday morning routine, once a month with my Scorpio. It is quite tiring, but hugely satisfying. I use Meguairs Tech Wax 2, apply it lightly panel by panel, and then buff with a microfibre towel. I re-buff with a separate microfibre once I've finished all panels.

JOY MRC

• 3 Oct 2016, 7:13 pm
Ankur_Sachdeva
It really is a No pain No gain situation when it comes to waxing I don't use any machines to aid the job(Incorrect use will make new swril marks). Instead I use 3M 'Liquid' wax which is easy to apply and buff out. Invest half a day for the procedure but the results are quite satisfying and you get a good cardio workout too (I do it only once in 2-3 months as I loathe doing it) Otherwise you can pay about 800 bucks to a local garage(Ask for a polish job) and let them do the work for you.

Naveen_JN

First Gear

Member: 17 Oct, 2016

Total Posts: 5

• 17 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Hi,
First of all, Thanks for those well thought out suggestions.
I have a T8 -82 BHP version of TUV. Even I have similar issues of bouncy ride, may be I will try to carry around some weight or change the way I drive.
I have 2 more peculiar issues with my TUV -
Problem #1
Rear left wheel tire air pressure reduces drastically irrespective of vehicle is stationary or moving.
- Based on the advice from Dealership, I checked for Tire puncture, wheel alignment etc etc but till date this issue remains a MYSTERY.
- I'm unable to find out a possible / logical reason for this weird problem. Please let me know what could be possibly wrong.
Problem #2
If I have to start my vehicle from stationary position & if there is a pothole then vehicle does not move
- I realized this issue when I had parked the car in a small pothole which is not even supposed to be called as one in Indian Road conditions; When I started my car & tried to move, it just refused to move even an inch. Instead, the rear wheels just started spinning creating a bigger crater .. I reassured myself that it might be an one off case & there could be some stones stuck in the wheel or loose gravel which could be causing such issue.
- Yet again, such incident repeated. This time I was under the impression that there could be an issue with my driving though I have 10 Yrs of solid driving experience. I asked few of my well experienced friends to try it out, but even they couldn't pull it off.
- Not surprisingly, Mahindra Dealer vehemently denied any such claims & simply dismissed off my complaint.
Please suggest if there is a possible solution or workaround to overcome such issue.

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 17 Oct 2016, 2:28 pm
Naveen_JN
The rear wheel losing pressure can only be attributed to either a puncture, faulty valve or in a rare case, a manufacturing defect in the alloy wheel. Since you have the T8, I presume you have alloy wheels. If there's a leak in the alloy, this could happen, as the vehicle runs on tubeless tyres. You will need to swap tyres with another rim and check if the same issue recurs on that particular rim (rear left). If it does, replace the rim.
As for the vehicle losing traction, it could be related to the lack of weight on the rear suspension - the same issue with the bouncy feeling in the TUV300. This is a common issue seen on vehicles that are front heavy, which I suspect the TUV is. If you remember the Maruti Omni - it had a similar issue, being front engine, rear wheel drive. All the weight was located in the front, so even a bit of sand or an undulation on the road meant the rear wheels would lose traction. But if you weigh it down with load, it won't have this issue. The rear of the TUV too is fairly light in relation to the front - and again, this is a rear-wheel drive vehicle, so that's why I see this issue happening.

JOY MRC

• 17 Oct 2016, 9:14 pm
Problem #1 Rear left wheel tire air pressure reduces drastically irrespective of vehicle is stationary or moving. - Based on the advice from Dealership, I checked for Tire puncture, wheel alignment etc etc but till date this issue remains a MYSTERY. - I'm unable to find out a possible / logical reason for this weird problem. Please let me know what could be possibly wrong.
Since a puncture is ruled out, remove the tyres from the alloy wheel and check the tyre bead and alloy thoroughly. My friends Elite i20 had the same issue. after doing the same we found out that there was some gooey stuff on certain part of the tyre beads and alloys like what happens after a chemical reaction. tyre mechanic said it was dogs, cats etc urinating on the tyres(marking territory, taking a leak, whatever) every now and then which leads to such reactions which in turn caused the leak(the car was street parked always). He cleaned it using some solution which took about 20 mins and put the tyre back on. The issue was gone after that. Other reason could be alloy bent/out of shape due to a manufaturing defect or jumping potholes and speedbreakers at high speed-unlikely. So I recommend doing tyre removal and inspection before concluding defective alloy.
Problem #2 If I have to start my vehicle from stationary position & if there is a pothole then vehicle does not move - I realized this issue when I had parked the car in a small pothole which is not even supposed to be called as one in Indian Road conditions; When I started my car & tried to move, it just refused to move even an inch. Instead, the rear wheels just started spinning creating a bigger crater .. I reassured myself that it might be an one off case & there could be some stones stuck in the wheel or loose gravel which could be causing such issue. - Yet again, such incident repeated. This time I was under the impression that there could be an issue with my driving though I have 10 Yrs of solid driving experience. I asked few of my well experienced friends to try it out, but even they couldn't pull it off. - Not surprisingly, Mahindra Dealer vehemently denied any such claims & simply dismissed off my complaint. Please suggest if there is a possible solution or workaround to overcome such issue.
I also drive a rear wheel drive car and I have experience the same issue on loose surfaces but when going in reverse up a gradient. Last time when the same happened, I was spinning wheels when reversing into the service center. The mechanic told me to stop and he got into the rear seat, problem fixed. It is indeed happening due to no load on the rear of the car. so the vehicle is unable to put all the power down and find traction. The situation will improve with more weight over the rear axle like seating people or filling the boot with stuff which inturn will affect the mileage .But in your case its happening when going forwards too. Just to know, Take your car to a water service center lift or a garage which have lift facility(service center may not allow you to go inside the bay). put the car in neutral and try spinning the front wheels by hand. If it's too hard to roll or not rolling at all, you might be having sticky brake calipers(brake pad always in contact to the disc). If this is the issue, then it will reduce your brake pad life and braking performance on long trips(overheating cause Brake fade). Hope these tips help you and keep us updated. Regards...

Naveen_JN

First Gear

• 18 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm
Thank you for the suggestions.
Let me check & get back...

Naveen_JN

First Gear

• 24 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm
Roshun
JOY MRC
Finally the Tire pressure issue seems like resolved. There was a puncture due to a broken nail which was twisted so badly that neither the Mahindra guys nor the other local puncture guy which i went to earlier, could identify. I went to a tire care center this time & seems like it is resolved now
Thanks!!

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 25 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm
Naveen_JN
Glad to know the tyre issue has been sorted out. Now for the traction loss issue - keep tyre pressure optimum, or even slightly lower at the rear if you don't carry more than 2 passengers. Also if possible, carry some weight (keep a suitcase with tools or something or a 50Kg sack of something) in the boot. It should improve ride considerably and prevent the wheels from losing traction easily due to the added weight over the rear axle.

Naveen_JN

First Gear

• 28 Oct 2016, 11:32 am
Hi Roshun,
I have another issue which I forgot to mention in the previous post.
People hesitate to sit in the middle row, particularly on curvy roads / Ghats as there is extremely high swinging / rolling feeling, Like sitting in a roller coaster & makes people throw up easily….
Even while driving at lower speeds, people experience nausea while going uphill or downhill. I read that people are opting to add Roger rab suspension for similar issues.
But I’m worried that any such changes will lead to Warranty getting void. Is there any other solution to this issue? Is it a common complaint with TUV 300?

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 28 Oct 2016, 3:14 pm
Naveen_JN
What that Rogerab suspension kit does is to limit the travel of the coilspring. So you will technically get lesser body roll, but you will also get a slightly stiffer ride (which means smaller bumps and potholes will feel much sharper inside the vehicle). Installing that Rogerab kit though, won't really affect warranty because it's just a polyurethane band binding two coils on the coil spring together, reducing flex. It's worth trying - although I don't know of anyone who has done this on a TUV300.
JOY MRC - do you know anyone who has it? Have you tried it?

JOY MRC

• 29 Oct 2016, 12:11 am ( 1 Photo )
"Originally posted by Roshun"
Naveen_JN What that Rogerab suspension kit does is to limit the travel of the coil spring. So you will technically get lesser body roll, but you will also get a slightly stiffer ride (which means smaller bumps and potholes will feel much sharper inside the vehicle). Installing that Rogerab kit though, won't really affect warranty because it's just a polyurethane band binding two coils on the coil spring together, reducing flex. It's worth trying - although I don't know of anyone who has done this on a TUV300. JOY MRC - do you know anyone who has it? Have you tried it?
No, I haven't yet. but I know Honda Civic, Quanto Owners who have gone through this route(not rogerab but some other brand available locally). In the Civic, the scraping problem is well contained but the ride is pretty firm. they have installed it on all 4 springs of the car. AFAIK Rogerab comes in 2 pieces for the front struts only(~6k) and we need to buy 2 sets to install on 4 wheels(Contact customer care first).
People don't usually install on the rear struts because the cushion effect on bad roads goes away when the bushes are installed at the back. At front the engine weight helps in keeping the stiffness in check but the firmness is really felt by the passengers at the rear as there is less weight.
Cornering issues, nose diving on braking, engine underside scraping will be resolved with 2 installed at front. But Naveen_JN wants to get rid of the excessive bouncing effect at the rear. It can be sorted with the PU spring buffer but you should know there is this downside.
There are suspension buffer's available from other manufacturers available online at better prices. just search for Coil spring buffer. there are sizes(or hardness i don't really know) like A,B,C,D,E for these buffers(front and rear). so ask the seller about the same and confirm vehicle compatibility before purchasing. Installation and removal is easy, So if you find it too firm, you can remove the rear ones easily. Regards...
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

SPRING BUFFER LINKS - HERE and HERE

Naveen_JN

First Gear

• 2 Nov 2016, 4:07 pm
JOY MRC
Roshun
I have contacted Mahindra team to check if they have a solution for these problems. They did acknowledge Wheel spinning issue happening with other Users due to high torque. Regarding the issue of Middle row occupants feeling uneasy during ride, they haven't heard it from other TUV customers. Anyway they have promised to come back after checking with their engineering team.
So i m thinking for waiting for their feedback to see if something feasible comes up.
Meanwhile, do u know of any Driving tips / techniques to avoid middle row passengers feeling uncomfortable particularly while driving on Ghat Roads... This is been a pain since i purchased the vehicle!!

Atul_Pattni

First Gear

Member: 21 Feb, 2017

• 21 Feb 2017, 2:37 pm

Ankur_Sachdeva
Hi Ankur, where are you from? I am a TUV owner as well and you can get the 2-din audio frame for Rs 3,000 in Surat. Don't spend so much on what you are saying. If you still have any doubts, call me on 9898456545.

Ashim_Sen

First Gear

Member: 28 Oct, 2017

• 28 Oct 2017, 3:35 pm
Before buying TUV 300 (Bronze Green) was going through all the websites regarding the Customer Satisfaction status and felt that your comments are the best. Will you please clear my doubts in respect of the following :
1) After sales service in Bhopal (I own an Ertiga and have faced no problems with Maruti Service, but earlier I had a Tata Manza and my the service personnel made my life terrible).
2) I will be driving the vehicle particularly in city. Any issues in driving TUV in respect of bumpy ride or body rolling or braking.
3) Should I buy it now or postpone it till Jan 2018 (your opinion on new year discounts as compared to ongoing Diwali discounts of Rs 20 k and atleast on the bill it would be 2018)
Thank you in anticipation.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 31 Oct 2017, 6:35 pm
Ashim_Sen
Compared to the discounts given in Diwali, usually better discounts are offered during year end and during financial year end.
Diwali offers are given as many people find the time auspicious. They know people are there in the market for a buy and any offer big or small would still attract a buyer.
However, during year end sales, dealers find it difficult to sell a car manufactured in the previous year in the next year. Here, they would rather be looking for buyers, who don't have a strict timeline and are ready to wait, but they would need to tempt them with better offers.
Here its the dealers need to finish off the year end stock and most of the time , this is the period when best discounts can be availed. Another such case, is just before a face lift of a model is launched, where the dealer may want to get rid of the previous edition.
Many dealers also have year end targets to achieve during the end of the financial year and they also give offers during that period. However, from my observations, most of the best offers are during new year.

JOY MRC

• 1 Nov 2017, 11:54 am
Ashim_Sen
"Originally posted by Ashim_Sen"
Before buying TUV 300 (Bronze Green) was going through all the websites regarding the Customer Satisfaction status and felt that your comments are the best. Will you please clear my doubts in respect of the following :
1) After sales service in Bhopal (I own an Ertiga and have faced no problems with Maruti Service, but earlier I had a Tata Manza and my the service personnel made my life terrible).
This totally depends on your Dealer/ Service center. you have to check with you local Mahindra customers to get a feedback on the service quality provided to them. Mahindra as a manufacturer provides quick resolution to its customers. It may not be as smooth as your Ertiga ownership but still liveable(TATA also has evolved past their Indica/Manza days in terms of service ).
2) I will be driving the vehicle, particularly in the city. Any issues in driving TUV in respect of bumpy ride or body rolling or braking.
If you are driving solo most of the time, the ride will feel bouncy because TUV is a body on frame SUV like a Scorpio/bolero. the ride gets better as you put more weight(passengers and cargo) in. The advantage of such setup is that its abuse friendly, so don't need to worry about taking potholes and speed breakers at speeds. It won't get damaged like a typical monocoque compact SUV. If ride quality is a concern, you should do back to back test drives of TUV and the others like Brezza, Ecosport(facelift will launch in a few days), Nexon etc and then decide.
3) Should I buy it now or postpone it till Jan 2018 (your opinion on new year discounts as compared to ongoing Diwali discounts of Rs 20 k and at least on the bill it would be 2018)Thank you in anticipation.
Like Arjun mentioned, discounts especially for low selling cars, are at their peak in December-January where the manufacturers try their best to push-off stocks. So if you are value conscious, buy either in December or a MY2017 car in January 2018 which will get more discount being a previous year stock. BUT If you are looking at newly launched vehicles like Nexon, Ecosport, Brezza etc I doubt if there will be any significant discount as these are selling like hot cakes at the moment(minus the Ecosport) and do not have any running discounts at the moment. TUV had discounts to the tune of 25-50k across variants last time I checked. So there is a chance it will be back or more in December.
Happy Car Shopping.

Fourth Div