Bengaluru to Munnar - Tips for Road Trip?

Bengaluru to Munnar - Tips for Road Trip?

Bengaluru to Munnar ..

• 18 Aug 2016, 2746 Views

Rajen_Joshi

First Gear

Member: 18 Aug, 2016

Total Posts: 23

• 18 Aug 2016, 1:44 pm
Hi all,
I know it is very short notice, but I am travelling tomorrow early morning to Munnar from Bengaluru with my KUV1OO. Would like to know which is the best route to take?
I've already booked my stay at Club Mahindra, Munnar. Would appreciate your quick response.
Thanks in advance
Rajen

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 18 Aug 2016, 2:55 pm
Rajen_Joshi
I haven't been on this route but have been a part of many discussion. The recommended by most is via BLR-Salem-Erode-Avinashi-Udumalapet-Munnar.
The roads are quite good but do get two laned after erode.
From Udumalapetai to Munnar, the road is patchy and is through the forest.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 18 Aug 2016, 2:55 pm
The fastest route to get to Munnar from Bangalore is to go to Salem, Tirupur, Udumalpet and up to Munnar. This route should take you about 9 hours and is mainly on good highways till Avinashi / Tiruppur. From Udumalpet up through the Chinar sanctuary the road is pretty narrow and a bit bad. If you want a more scenic route, however, you should try the Bangalore - Chamrajnagar - Bhavani Sagar - Avinashi - Udumulpet route. With a KUV100, either route is good, although if you want nice scenery, you will appreciate the second route better. The second one will take about 10 hours of driving time.

Rajen_Joshi

First Gear

• 22 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm
Roshun
Thanks Roshun. I did take the first route and the road conditions were very good except Chinnar Sanctuary as you mentioned but that too was quite managable. No much traffic there so didn't face any trouble.
Thanks again.. I reached there within 8 hours of course that does not include the 1.5 hours of halts I took..

Rajen_Joshi

First Gear

• 22 Aug 2016, 12:12 pm
Arjun
Thanks Arjun,
I took that exact same route.. Thanks again and indeed it was the fastest and a good route. While coming back I took only one break and I reached home within 8.5 hours. I was easily cruising around 90-110KM per hour

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 22 Aug 2016, 12:29 pm
"Originally posted by Rajen_Joshi"
Roshun
Thanks Roshun. I did take the first route and the road conditions were very good except Chinnar Sanctuary as you mentioned but that too was quite managable. No much traffic there so didn't face any trouble.
Thanks again.. I reached there within 8 hours of course that does not include the 1.5 hours of halts I took..
Good to know that your trip went well. Please do share some pics from your trip. Would love to see some latest photos of Munnar (and of course, your KUV100 in it).

Rajen_Joshi

First Gear

• 25 Aug 2016, 11:27 am
Roshun Yes sure, will do.
i downloaded the ZigWheels app on my phone but I don't see any feature of adding photos here.. can you help me how should I do it?

Roshun

Super Moderator

• 25 Aug 2016, 1:51 pm
Rajen_Joshi
The app currently only has text replies. It is still being built. This feature to add photos from the app will come in in the next few days. But what you can do is to open this thread in your phone's chrome browser or even on a laptop. Hit reply and you will get a button that says "Upload Photo" at the bottom of it. When you click upload photo, it will take you to your phone's gallery, and you can upload a single photo. To add more photos, click upload photo button again and repeat.
Sorry for the inconvenience - we are quickly making improvements to the forum UI. In a few days, we hope to have a seamless experience across app, mobile web and desktop.

Rajen_Joshi

First Gear

• 30 Aug 2016, 9:24 am
sure.. good to know that this feature is coming soon thanks for the response.. will wait for the feature to come on the app n will upload the photos because it would be convenient.. thanks.

Fourth Div