What is the Best Commuter Bike to Buy?

What is the Best Com..

• 18 Jul 2016, 5017 Views

Prasho

First Gear

Member: 18 Jul, 2016

Total Posts: 1

• 18 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm
I am from Kerala. Next year, in February, I am planning to buy a bike. I know I have enough time to think, but it is something interesting to look for the best.
Before, I was one of the happiest owners of a Bajaj Platina for 7 years. But now I’m looking for some other bikes.
I will point out my requirements from my perspective:
· Not interested in Hero Motocorp and Honda
· Looking for a bike – below Rs. 65,000/-
· Mileage above 60kmpl
· 110CC - 125cc
· The bike should be family friendly.
Please suggest a good one which is suitable for me.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 18 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm
Prasho Hello there. I was about to suggest you to check out Hero Splendor iSmart 110 and the Honda Livo. But you said no Hero and Honda Anyway, jokes apart, I'd suggest you look at TVS Star City Plus. it comes with an econometer to let you know whether you're riding efficiently or not. It also has got a digital-analog combo cluster with service indicator. The claimed mileage figure is 86 kmpl, so expect a real world efficiency of 60+ kmpl. Prices start at INR 49,715 for the base drum brake version.
Alternatively, If there's a Mahindra showroom with service center within your reach, you could also consider Mahindra Centuro. It is loaded with features! The bike comes with an anti theft alarm with engine immobliser, pilot lamps to find your bike in a crowded parking lot. It also comes with service reminder and an econometer. Additionally there's an option of disc brake as well. I rode my friend's Centuro many months ago. It is quite a refined bike, I'd say! Another great feature is the DTE (Distance To Empty) gauge. It tells you the approximate range left before the bike runs out of fuel. The price for a fully loaded Centuro is INR 51,550, ex showroom, New Delhi. At this price, it is good value for money as well.

themallustig

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 57

• 18 Jul 2016, 5:38 pm
Prasho I don't know what you have against Honda bikes. But, in the commuter segment the Honda CB Shine SP really stands out. Adequate power (125 cc), great engine refinement, balanced suspension, front disc brakes with Combi-Braking-System, descent average of 60+.kmp/l. All this will come within your specified budget. Do take a test ride and see!

Fourth Div