Best moto-scooter for frequent daily long rides.

Best moto-scooter for frequent daily long rides.

Best moto-scooter fo..

• 16 Jun 2016, 15852 Views

Kavinraj_Karupa..

First Gear

Member: 16 Jun, 2016

Total Posts: 31

• 16 Jun 2016, 3:58 pm
Looking to buy a moto-scooter for day to day purpose. The riding will be around 100 kms per day. Having better fuel efficiency can be an added advantage. Riding comfort and handling should be the main requirement.

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 16 Jun 2016, 4:17 pm
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian Try the Hero Maestro Edge. Powered by a 110cc motor, it is one all-rounder. It also comes with a five-year warranty and an claimed 65km/l fuel efficiency figure. Will cost you about 55,000 rupees on road in Delhi.

Kavinraj_Karupa..

First Gear

• 16 Jun 2016, 5:27 pm
JijoMalayil Maestro is basically an Activa with a plastic body. Considering the mileage surity of the Hero, one can go for it. But as for with the relaiability and comfort, I guess Honda Activa is better compared to Hero Maestro. How about Yamaha Ray / Alpha / Cygnus? Generally Yamaha will give better riding satisfaction. Isn't it?

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 16 Jun 2016, 5:56 pm
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian
I am sure about the riding satisfaction in a Yamaha Scooter is no different than riding any other scooter, barring the Honda Navi. Yamaha scooters are no R15 for sure! You can go for the Maestro Edge. Features wise it wins, hands down. But comfort wise, it is better you take a test ride of both the Maestro Edge and the Activa. If I were you, I'd buy the Maestro.

JijoMalayil

• 16 Jun 2016, 5:59 pm
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian Maestro Edge has some plastic panels, which helps it shed some weight (6 kilos lighter than Hero Duet). But, in my opinion that is good, as replacing them will be cheaper. It won't have much effect on performance though! Hero engines are also extremely reliable. And riding satisfaction will be on par, as all are 110 cc scooters, you might have your personal preferences. Test ride all and see what fits your bill. Do post your reviews after that

Kavinraj_Karupa..

First Gear

• 17 Jun 2016, 5:53 pm
How about the Suzuki Access 125, the newer one? I have been using the older one for the past 4 years. But I hear that the newer one is more refined and better than the one it is replacing.

JijoMalayil

• 17 Jun 2016, 6:02 pm
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian The new Suzuki Access is just an cosmetic update. The engine is still the same 124cc unit that you are used to. If you like new retro classic design theme, go for it! Very reliable machine, I'm sure I don't have to elaborate further on that Are you planning to replace the older one?

Kavinraj_Karupa..

First Gear

• 17 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm
I'm not replacing it. I'm currently using Pulsar 150 and Yamaha Ray. Pulsar for daily commute to office. Ray at my native village. Access I have here which is my uncle's. Now I'm looking to get my another uncle a scooter. He was using Star City so far. Considering his age, I cannot go for more power. So didnt consider Access. Ray was very much comfortable there for my mom and dad. But had Jupiter too on the list.

JijoMalayil

• 18 Jun 2016, 10:25 am
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian That is a lot of bikes that you have access to On a serious note, for your uncle, Hero Maestro Edge will be a good buy, in my opinion. Integrated braking system is extremely helpful and the bike is more planted on road. The power figure will also be just about adequate for him.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 20 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm
"Originally posted by Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian"
How about the Suzuki Access 125, the newer one? I have been using the older one for the past 4 years. But I hear that the newer one is more refined and better than the one it is replacing.
I found the ride quite stiff on the new Access - this could be an one-off situation though.
Also adding the Mahindra Gusto 125 to the discussion - I think i'd prefer that, it is the most affordable of the new lot of 125cc scooters. It is comfortable while also being a good handler. It also has a lot of features, i like the height-adjustable seat.

Kavinraj_Karupa..

First Gear

• 12 Aug 2016, 2:08 am
MotuSid
Finally, we have settled on TVS Wego for my uncle. it comes with the Combi brake feature which is an added safety feature that comes in the recent models of Wego. For his height and riding style, he found that perfect.

MotuSid

Hot Hatcher

Total Posts: 319

• 12 Aug 2016, 9:17 am
Good choice Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian! Congratulations! Do let us know about the buying and ownership experience.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 12 Aug 2016, 11:53 am
MotuSid
Regarding the new Access, you are right. The ride is quite stiff. I had not found it very stiff initially as I was used to worse on the Duke, but after riding an Activa 125 and then riding the Access , I felt so.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 12 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm
Kavinraj_Karupanna_Gounder_Subramanian
Congratulations on your purchase. Do opt for extended warranty. It might be useful for your scooter in the long run. Also, after the free services get over, go for the annual service plan (if available). It will save you quite some money when you give your scooter for service regularly. The Wego comes with an optional extended warranty of up to three years or 36,000 km. Apparently, the assurance program covers labour charges too. I'd recommend you go to the dealer and get a clearer picture of all the warranties and then go for it.

Kedarw85

First Gear

Member: 12 Jun, 2017

Total Posts: 2

• 12 Jun 2017, 3:13 pm
Hi i want to buy new scooter, and i am planning for new maestro edge ... so it is right decision of mine ??

Kedarw85

First Gear

Member: 12 Jun, 2017

• 12 Jun 2017, 3:17 pm
Hii guys .. i want to buy new scooter for local use, and i am planing to buy all new hero maestro edge 2017 ... so is it right scooter for me ? pls help me to make decide for right option

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 12 Jun 2017, 5:47 pm
Kedarw85
The Maestro Edge 2017 is quite a good value for money product by a good brand.
I do not see any issues with going ahead with your choice.

Chen_Daniel

First Gear

Member: 17 Jan, 2018

Total Posts: 1

• 17 Jan 2018, 9:03 am
Looking to buy a moto-scooter for day to day purpose. The riding will be around 100 kms per day. Having better fuel efficiency can be an added advantage. Riding comfort and handling should be the main requirement.

This is a tricky issue, in Taiwan we also have many kinds of scooters, Kymco, SYM, Yamaha, PGO, CPI, Suzuki , Aeon and Vespa etc.
You see performance and price is different for various scooter but for issue of “which one is good for daily long rides”. People will say good acceleration, good milage and longer durability is a must.
So the engaging force of clutch is important, the quality of variator roller is important and most scooter riders will change a better clutch, variator roller to extend the scooter life. You can see there’re many forums discussion how to improve the life of scooter riding in many countries but in India it seems very few threads talk about the CVT parts, I don’t know why ?
If you have interest about how to increase the durability of scooter via good quality variatorroller,variator slider or clutch.
You can consider to visit Dr.Pulley’s booth at Auto Expo 2018, 14th Auto Expo (components) in PragatiMaidan,New Delhi ,from 2018,Feb.08 to 11.. to get a free high quality Variator Slider for Vespa is 3V or Honda Activa.at HALL - A (LAKE) ,booth no. 11-2(Dr.Pulley)

sebian2009

First Gear

Member: 01 Jan, 2018

• 17 Jan 2018, 9:16 am
Thanks.
MotuSidFinally, we have settled on TVS Wego for my uncle. it comes with the Combi brake feature which is an added safety feature that comes in the recent models of Wego. For his height and riding style, he found that perfect.
My freind in Turkey TVS Wego is used for delivery so i'll say it's good for daily long riding.
By the way,do you have the variator roller spec for Wego ?

Fourth Div