Honda WR-V Launch And Updates

Honda WR-V Launch And Updates

Honda WR-V Launch An..

• 03 Jun 2016, 45782 Views

NikilSJ

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2343

• 3 Jun 2016, 4:12 pm ( 2 Photos )
The Honda WR-V was launched today (16th, March,2017). Available with the 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine, the WR-V will be sold in two trims - S and VX. Here's a look at the price:
WR-V S MT (Petrol): Rs 7.75 lakh
WR-V VX MT (Petrol): Rs 8.99 lakh
WR-V S MT (Diesel): Rs 8.79 lakh
WR-V VX MT (Diesel): Rs 9.99 lakh

(All prices ex-showroom, New Delhi)
The crossover is likely to be called the WR-V and will sit below the HR-V in Honda's lineup
After Volkswagen, Toyota, Fiat and Hyundai introduced crossover versions of their popular hatchback, it’s Honda’s turn to launch one. Honda’s crossover hatchback for emerging will be based on the Jazz and will be called the WR-V. The Honda WR-V, codenamed internally as the Honda 2FM, is being tested on public roads in Brazil for quite sometime now and the Brazilian edition of Car And Driver has released some speculative renderings of the same. From the looks of it, the WR-V looks good.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

The Honda WR-V is expected to look like a jacked-up version of the Honda Jazz with a more rugged personality. Expect a lot of design cues to stay the same as that of the Jazz like the headlamps and taillamps. In addition to what the standard Jazz comes with, expect to see reprofiled bumpers, a larger and wider chrome grille, roof rails and a jacked-up ride height.
The Honda WR-V will sit below the HR-V which too is based on the same Jazz/Fit platform. However, the HR-V is unlikely to come to India.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

The Honda WR-V will be powered a 1.5-litre i-VETC FlexOne flex-fuel engine that produces 115hp (petrol) / 116hp (ethanol) with a peak torque figure of 149Nm (petrol) / 150Nm (ethanol) in Brazil. For India though, Honda will most likely offer the same engine as the Jazz - a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine and a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine.
The Honda WR-V will debut at the 2016 Sao Paulo Auto Show in November. Expect it to be launched in India in 2017. So what do you think of this crossover? Will you pick one over the Hyundai Elite i20 Active or a Fiat Punto Avventura?
Images courtesy: Car And Driver Brazil, indianautosblog.com

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 3 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm ( 1 Photo )
NikilSJ, this car will be to the Jazz what the Polo Cross and i20 Active are to their base cars. I don't get the point of these sub-models. Firstly, they eat into sales of their own cars and being an economics student, I fail to understand the motive behind increasing production cost of the same model, while loosing out on potential revenue. Honda and the other manufacturers surely have some weird algorithm which make it seem okay.
Also, for anyone else looking to 'upgrade' their existing hatch to a crossover, may I suggest the good old suspension spacers? Here is a infographic on this.

NikilSJ

• 3 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm
CorsaVeloce what these manufacturers usually say when they launch a crossover based on an existing hatch is that "We are giving customers what they want" which seems like a bullshit argument to me. If a customer wants something that looks like an SUV, then just make a bloody SUV and give it to them. At least that's what I feel. Not only is the fact that manufacturers are building a crossover out of everything they have irritating, the fact that there are people who really buy these cars with messed up dynamics that bothers me. Good infographic on the spacers though, but won't these affect the components though?

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

• 6 Jun 2016, 11:14 am
NikilSJ the effect of bumps and road depressions is actually minimised on the other suspension bits. There are companies like 'Rogergrab' which make specialized silicon spacers and they usually fit all cars.
The market for these crossovers and the customers who buy them form a chicken and egg situation. But looking at the trend of the Indian market, they will surely continue to exist for a while. Expect more soccer mom cars on the road.

NikilSJ

• 14 Jun 2016, 5:40 pm
A Zauba document on exports has revealed that Honda Cars India has exported a couple of prototypes of the Honda ‘2FM’ to Japan for testing purposes. The 2FM codenamed in all likelihood, could be a reference to the upcoming Honda Jazz crossover that is likely to be called the WR-V.
Except for the engine specifications, not much else is known about the prototypes that were exported. The prototypes that were exported featured the 1.5-litre i-DTEC turbo diesel engine that produces 100PS and 200Nm of peak torque. Looks like the crossover could be launched by the end of the year or early next year. While I’m not a fan of hopped up crossovers, it’s what every car buyer in the country wants currently. I do hope, for business’ sake, Honda hits the sweet spot with the WR-V. The Jazz is a very capable and spacious car and the WR-V will not be any different.

NikilSJ

• 10 Aug 2016, 11:50 am ( 3 Photos )
As JijoMalayil mentioned elsewhere on the forum, the Honda WR-V has been spied testing in Brazil. It isn't clear what the WR-V will look like as the test car had a full camouflage except for the windshield and window areas. The pictures were shot by Brazilian magazine Auto Esporte.

The jacked-up Jazz is likely to arrive in our country next year after its international debut at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show. Expect the Indian version of the crossover to carry forward the same engines as the Jazz - a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel and a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol. The petrol variant is likely to get two gearbox options - a 5-speed manual and a CVT 'box. Expect prices to be Rs 1-1.5 lakh above the standard Jazz.
One interesting thought I had recently was that except for VW, other manufacturers like Fiat and Toyota came out with the crossover versions of their hatchback when the hatchbacks themselves were struggling to sell. Fiat had a tough time finding customers for the updated Punto Evo, so they launched the Avventura. The same goes for Toyota's Etios Liva and Etios Cross as well. VW and Hyundai, on the other hand, were selling the Polo and Elite i20 in decent numbers but still decided to introduce the crossover variants. Now, these crossovers sold in good numbers only when they 3-4 months old in the market. After that most of them faded into oblivion, which makes me think that these crossovers only sell when there is a hype about them. These manufacturers must have said to themselves, "Look, we have so many unsold hatchbacks in our stock, so why don't we add some plastic cladding, jack up the height and label it a crossover. These Indians will surely go for it!". And so these ugly cars were launched and managed to sell decently and kept both the manufacturer and customers happy. Now, they don't sell anymore. What do manufacturers do with these cars that have been gathering dust in their stockyard now? Frankly, I didn't expect Honda to go down this route like the others. Seeing that these crossovers are only doing a decent job should have prompted them not to go ahead with the whole idea of the WR-V. When the WR-V is finally launched, not only will it cannibalise the Jazz's sales but also make people slowly lose interest in the latter. Anyway, these are just some of the thoughts I had about crossovers.

Arvind Fluidic

First Gear

Member: 08 Jan, 2016

Total Posts: 150

• 8 Sep 2016, 10:55 pm ( 2 Photos )
India bound Honda WR-V continues testing in Brazil..ahead of its world debut at the 2016 Sao Paulo Auto Show in November. It will incorporate unique design touches and features for a rugged look. In Brazil, the WR-V will enter the pseudo-crossover segment comprising of the new Chevrolet Onix Activ, Hyundai HB20X, VW CrossFox.
It will use the same 1.5L iVTEC FlexOne engine from the Honda Jazz, which produces 115 hp and 152 Nm with petrol or 116 hp and 153 Nm of torque with ethanol. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual or an EarthDreams CVT option. Once launched in India, it will compete with Hyundai i20 Active, Fiat Aventurra, VW cross Polo, Toyota Etios cross. Image: IAB.

NikilSJ

• 20 Oct 2016, 4:13 pm ( 1 Photo )
Honda has revealed the first official sketch of what the WR-V could look like:

This sketch was unveiled ahead of a possible unveil at the 2016 Sao Paulo International Motor Show in November. From the looks of it, the Jazz crossover seems like it has got enough oomph to take on the Hyundai i20 Activ, Fiat Punto Avventura and the Toyota Etios Cross. We'll have to wait and see how the final version will look like as this has got the potential to do really well in our country and maybe give Honda Cars India the boost it really needs.

Arvind Fluidic

First Gear

• 25 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm ( 3 Photos )
IAB's Shoeb R Kalania has rendered the upcoming new Honda WR-V, based on the official sketches released by the company recently.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

Honda Jazz's high stance also works in favour for the WR-V, making it to stand tall among its competitors.
Although the car in the official sketches looks like a completely new car and cool enough to compete with the likes of Hyundai i20 Active, Fiat Aventurra and others, the car in the rendering looks more than a pseudo-crossover, which is really a good thing. This will work in the WR-V favour since all its competitors are mere makeover of its hatchback siblings. Hope Honda will price it very competitively in order to boost its sales as well as to make its presence felt in the compact SUV space. Image: IAB.

Arvind Fluidic

First Gear

• 1 Nov 2016, 8:10 pm ( 2 Photos )
Honda has released another teaser image of the India-bound Honda WR-V, ahead of its official revealling in 2016 Sao Paulo auto show on November 8. Image: IAB.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_3## -->

JijoMalayil

Total Posts: 2293

• 9 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm ( 3 Photos )
Honda has unveiled the Jazz-based crossover, the WR-V at the Sao Paulo Auto Show. Honda says that ‘WR-V’ is an acronym for ‘Winsome Runabout Vehicle’. Honda plans to bring the WR-V to India sometime next year to compete with the likes of VW Cross Polo, Hyundai Active i20, Toyota Etios Cross and Fiat Aventura.

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

• 30 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm ( 5 Photos )
Amidst all the news of the Honda WR-V arriving in March, here is a set of pictures from tbhp of the first few Honda WR-V off the production line in Rajasthan.
The ‘Winsome Runabout-Vehicle’ will be Honda’s third crossover to join the Indian portfolio, others being the Honda BR-V and CR-V, and will rival the likes of \ the Hyundai i20 Active, Fiat Avventura and VW Cross Polo, as well as the Ford EcoSport and Maruti Vitara Brezza.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_4## -->

<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_5## -->

In the background of the above picture, you can also see the 2017 Honda City, with the updated fronts facia and gunmetal alloys.
Honda is yet to confirm the engine lineup, but the WR-V is more than likely to include the 1.2L i-VTEC petrol paired with a 5-speed manual or CVT, and a 1.5L i-DTEC turbo diesel engine paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. Power will be sent to the front wheels only.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_6## -->

The half of the tail-lamp is the same as the Jazz. Cost cutting it seems.
A closer look up front reveals more of the Honda family design elements with the big, bold chrome grille.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_7## -->

A new grey should be available in this as well.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_8## -->

NikilSJ

• 22 Feb 2017, 2:05 pm ( 1 Photo )
Honda will launch the Jazz-based WR-V crossover on March 16th, 2017. The WR-V will compete with Maruti Suzuki’s and Ford’s best-selling sub-4 metre SUVs, the Vitara Brezza and the EcoSport among other rivals like the Hyundai i20 Activ and Fiat Punto Avventura and the Urban Cross. WR-V, Honda says, is the abbreviation for Winsome Runabout-Vehicle and has crossover elements like higher ground clearance, larger alloy wheels, a bolder grille with an all-new headlamp assembly among other things.
The interior will be an all-black affair with silver trim peppered on the dashboard and door pads.Engine options will be the same as the ones offered on the Jazz - the 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC turbocharged diesel engine. The diesel variant will come with a 6-speed manual transmission while the petrol variant will be equipped with a 5-speed manual ‘box. The petrol will also be launched with a 7-speed CVT unit borrowed from the City sedan.

JijoMalayil

• 6 Mar 2017, 12:01 pm ( 2 Photos )
How does Honda WR-V fare in comparison with its rivals (Volkswagen Cross Polo, Fiat Avventura, Hyundai 120 Active and Toyota Etios Cross)? Let's look at the dimensions.

Diesel Variants

Petrol Variants

JijoMalayil

• 6 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm ( 3 Videos )
Media reviews of the WR-V are out ahead of its launch on 16th March. Here is Autocar's review of the same.

Motorbeam's review

Autoportal's review of the WR-V

JijoMalayil

• 7 Mar 2017, 11:11 am ( 1 Video)
Here is Zigwheels first drive review of Honda's cross-hatch. Looks quite a promising proposition.

NikilSJ

• 16 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm
The Honda WR-V launch event is underway in New Delhi. We'll get you the prices of all the variants shortly.

NikilSJ

• 16 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm
The WR-V is available only in two variants - S and VX. Here's a look at the features list on both variants:
S MT
Safety: ABS with EBD, Dual SRS Airbag, Driver Seatbelt Reminder, Immobilizer, Day/Night Rear View Mirror, High Mount Stop Lamp, Front Defroster, Rear Defogger, Brake Override System
Exterior: LED DRLs and Position Lamps, Solid Wing Chrome Grill, 16-inch Steel Wheels, Split Type Rear Combination Lamp, Silver Finish Roof Rail Garnish, Body-coloured ORVM and Door Handles, Wheel Arch and Side Protector Cladding
Interior: Multi-Information Advanced Combimeter, Adjustable Front Headrests, Interior Light, Grad Rails, Black and Blue Seat Upholstery, Interior Silver Decoration
Comfort and Convenience: Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel, Integrated Audio System with USB/BT/Aux connectivity, Steering Mounted Audio Controls, Front and Rear Speakers, Keyless Entry, Power Door Lock Switch, Driver Seat Height Adjuster, Power-Adjustable ORVM, Parcel Shelf, Front 12V Accessory Socket, Power Steering (Electric), Front & Rear Power Windows, 100% Rear Seat Fold Down, Trunk Light, Manual AC, Intermittent Wiper, Coat Hanger, Footrest, Front Roof Antenna, Single Horn
VX MT (Over S)
One Touch Electric Sunroof, 7-inch Advanced AVN with touchscreen, Push Start-Stop Button with Smart Entry (Diesel only), Cruise Control (Diesel only), Front Centre Armrest with Storage Console, USB and Accessory Charging Socket, Multi-View Rear Camera, 16-inch Gunmetal Alloy Wheels, Auto AC with Touch Control Panel, Front Fog Lamps, Chrome Outside Door Handles, Rear Wiper and Washer, Power Foldable ORVM, Turn Indicators on ORVM, Black and Silver Seat Fabric with Double Stitching, Driver Side One-Touch Up/Down Window with Anti-Pinch Guard, Front Map Lamp, Silver Door Ornament, Silver Finish Dashboard Ornament, Front Tweeters, Rear Micro Antenna, Dual Horn, Passenger-side Vanity Mirror

NikilSJ

• 16 Mar 2017, 1:23 pm
The addition of the sunroof on the VX variant makes the Honda WR-V the most affordable car in India with the feature.

JijoMalayil

• 17 Mar 2017, 11:05 am ( 4 Photos )
Let's see how the Honda WR-V compares with its rivals in price.
Petrol Variants

Diesel Variants

Here is a list of features you get with each WR-V models.

Fourth Div