Collection of Road Rage Incidents

Collection of Road Rage Incidents

Collection of Road R..

• 27 May 2016, 15507 Views

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 27 May 2016, 12:44 pm ( 2 Photos , 1 Video)
​How to get your car out, if blocked by a wrongly parked vehicle? This woman has the answer.
This happened in China a few days back, a woman who had parked her Range Rover Evoque in a designated parking spot, returns to find that her car is blocked by this wrongly parked Jaguar XF. What would somebody do? Most of us will wait for the owner to come, scream at him, make him apologize and take out our car and leave. But, not this woman! She went in to the pain of doing this.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_0## -->

What she does next is something most of us always thought off, when stuck in a similar situation. She rams in to the Jaguar using her Evoque repeatedly, to clear it off her way, and drives away with her car.

Well, that was totally unexpected. Right? Let alone the damage sustained by these high-end cars. She was arrested for destruction of property later. The owner of the crashed Jaguar apparently returned hours after this incident, to be completely taken aback by what had just happened to his car.
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_1## -->

As you can see, the Jaguar was parked senselessly and the lady was repeatedly ramming her vehicle to make room for her exit. A huge group of people gathered around is seen filming the whole incident, instead of trying to reason with her and stop her. I am sure, this guy will never park his car outside for sometime now.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 27 May 2016, 1:07 pm
JijoMalayil I can almost smell money being burnt, just like that! It is so stupid of her to do this. Her car is getting damaged in the process too! Looks like rich people like these actually play out life like GTA!

NikilSJ

Total Posts: 2354

• 27 May 2016, 2:06 pm ( 1 Video)
Looks like Jaguar Land Rover made a quick buck on the same day. Road rage seems to be increasing in our country every day. I've read a lot of incidents of people being shot at for obstructing another car or driving too rash. The police and RTO need to take more measures to curb these incidents. Part of the problem lies in the fact that are roads are crowded and everyone seems to be in a hurry. The scary part is that ever since I shifted to Delhi-NCR, I've seen many people carry metal rods and baseball bats in their cars to bash up offending drivers. I've even seen a gang of people beating up the driver of a car for just accidently nudging a biker at an intersection. The poor driver was left bleeding and no one seemed to care. Even the cops were reluctant to interfere. Something is truly wrong with the system and needs to corrected immediately. Anyway, here's a long video of road rage captured from dashcams from across the world. I have to admit it, some of them are damn funny.

Praveen

Enthusiast

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 2027

• 27 May 2016, 4:00 pm ( 1 Photo )
Meanwhile at the service centers....
<!-- ##phrase_image_larger_version_x_y_z_2## -->

JijoMalayil

• 27 May 2016, 4:02 pm
NikilSJ This video is hilarious, the point with road-rage is that you don't know where to stop. Things can get real ugly, even if you don't want them to. One of these instances in the video, this one guy gets of his car with a baseball bat to smash the other guys's windows. In retaliation, the guy speeds away to hit the other guy. How does one handle road rage? Suggestions please!

JijoMalayil

• 27 May 2016, 5:40 pm ( 1 Video)
Here is an another compilation of road rage incidents. Some of them could have been easily avoided.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 27 May 2016, 5:48 pm ( 1 Video)
Road rage is a huge problem, especially in a city like Delhi. I see incidents happening every other day. It's very important to keep your cool and drive sanely. You never know who you might run into. Speaking of which, here's a public service message from Evander Hollyfield, the boxer. Road rage is a problem everywhere.

Roshun

Super Moderator

Member: 13 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 2035

• 27 May 2016, 6:46 pm
I think it is prudent to put this message down in this thread, since you are viewing a collection of road rage incidents.
How do you Deal with Road Rage?
The underlying reason that causes most road rage incidents is stress. Most people are under a lot of stress and are on a short fuse. All it takes is one incident for them to unleash their pent up frustration on a fellow road user. Here are some pointers that can help you avoid road rage:
Stay calm
When you are driving, try and stay as calm as possible. Take your mind off the mess on the road. Listen to your favourite music, turn the AC to a cooler setting. Basically, do anything that would keep you in a good mood.
Yield
The word "yield" is something Indian drivers do not understand. Heck, for that matter many don't know what those lane markers are for or even what those three lights at a traffic signal mean, but that's a different topic of discussion. Yield, means simply to give way. You will also see this inverted triangle sign at roundabouts which means "Give Way" or "Yield". If you see a car ahead of you with its blinker on, pulling into your lane, let it merge. What many drivers do is they accelerate and close the gap, preventing the other driver from getting into their lane. That's where problems often start.
Follow Defensive Driving
"Always give room for the other Idiot's mistake" is a thumb rule you should follow. Anticipate crazy moves from other drivers and drive defensively. Don't tailgate. Signal when changing lanes. Use your rear-view mirrors. Don't honk unnecessarily. Use your low beam only in city traffic. Follow lane discipline and speed limits. More often than not, you may be just a few minutes late for a meeting, but it's better than being "Late. So&So". Remember the recent case of a politician's son shooting a fellow road user for overtaking him?
Don't React to Aggression
There are many crazy drivers out there. Don't react to their aggressive behaviour. You will find tailgaters, people honking, driving with high beam, driving in the wrong lane etc. Let them go. Let fate deal with them. It's not worth your time or life trying to get into a confrontation. In such situations, thinking of your family and friends waiting for you can help quickly calm your nerves. It's just not worth it.
Smile and Apologise
Even if it's not really your fault, it makes sense to take a defeatist approach. Swallow your pride. It's not worth your life. Apologise, smile and let the aggressive driver go. Usually staying calm can diffuse a situation from escalating pretty quickly.
If none of this works, then try getting the police involved - try to get to the nearest picket. Don't ever try getting into a confrontation, as you never know who you may be dealing with.
Hope this helps. Stay Calm & Drive On, Folks.

kaiserketkar

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 403

• 28 May 2016, 11:04 am
Spot on Roshun.
Those are some very apt tips!
One tip you mentioned is extremely useful- always assume the other driver is insane and keep sufficient margin for his insanity. There's nothing to prove out on the road.

NikilSJ

Total Posts: 2354

• 30 May 2016, 11:24 am
"Originally posted by Roshun"
Smile and Apologise
Even if it's not really your fault, it makes sense to take a defeatist approach. Swallow your pride. It's not worth your life. Apologise, smile and let the aggressive driver go. Usually staying calm can diffuse a situation from escalating pretty quickly.
If none of this works, then try getting the police involved - try to get to the nearest picket. Don't ever try getting into a confrontation, as you never know who you may be dealing with.
This tip has really helped me a lot while driving in Chennai. Somehow, Chennaites are not as hot-headed as some of the drivers here in NCR. They are a cheerful lot and every time I see some car get involved in an incident it's mostly the driver's fault and they apologise, smile and drive away. They don't stop in the middle of the road and pick a fight. Not the case here in Delhi though. The one thing that riles me up here is idiots who go to the left most lane and then cut you off to take a U-turn. Sometimes I do feel like whipping them to pulp but I guess that's road rage talking. Another thing that really pisses me off in NCR is the number of people who drive while using their phones. These lot are always on the phone, driving right in the middle of the road and never give way for others to overtake and stay out of danger. Can't these people just wait a couple of minutes till the next signal to reply to calls or just pull over to reply to a text or something. What phone call or text message could be more important than driving safely without any incidents to home or to your workplace. I think the police should start fining these people so severely that they refrain from doing it later.

Fourth Div