Confusion in Buying a Car (Swift Dzire,Vitara Brezza, Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo, Ford Ecosport)

Confusion in Buying a Car (Swift Dzire,Vitara Brezza, Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo, Ford Ecosport)

Confusion in Buying ..

• 25 May 2016, 5563 Views

Aakash

First Gear

Member: 25 May, 2016

Total Posts: 3

• 25 May 2016, 10:23 am
Hi All,
Please help me finalize a car. I want a car with the on-road price not exceeding 8.5 Lakh (Delhi/NCR). So the Cars i have in mind are :- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Vitara Breeza, Ford Ecosport and the Volkswagen Ameo.
Now i want to consider good mileage also & if beyond 8.5lakh i can go for either petrol or diesel (only base variants).
Based on this, I am confused to between
i). Swift Dzire - Vitara Brezza
And if Breeza then, ii) Vitara Brezza or Ford Ecosport or Maruti Ertiga.
Please help me out to finalize one from the above cars..
Thanks in advance.

Arjun

Member: 26 Oct, 2015

Total Posts: 807

• 25 May 2016, 10:56 am
You first need to decide if you need a diesel or a petrol. A simple way to decide that is your usage. If you would be using the car more than 1500kms every month, the diesel would be a good choice.If your running is lesser than that, paying more for a diesel instead of going for a higher variant in petrol does not look like a good decision. Also, with the present new rules coming up against diesel engines, it would be a safer choice to stick with petrol cars if you can.
Among the cars you mentioned in the petrol guise, if fuel efficiency is your concern the then Swift Desire would be a good option. The 1.2 petrol engine is quite fuel efficient and peppy. But if you are looking for better features, you can consider the Ford Ecosport Ecoboost.
In the Diesel cars, the Brezza would be a better options in terms of fuel efficiency and space.

NikilSJ

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2353

• 25 May 2016, 6:31 pm
Aakash like Arjun said, you need to first look at how much you'll be driving in a month. If you drive a lot, it makes more sense to buy a diesel car. If not, then a petrol car would be just fine.
But I'd suggest you stick to a petrol powered car as you never know when the government passes another rule that bans diesel cars in particular states.
Of the cars you've mentioned, the Swift Dzire makes sense if your driving is limited to the city. The Swift Dzire is peppy enough for quick overtaking machines. among diesels, I'd say you go for the Ford EcoSport has it has got a very punchy engine. The Vitara Brezza is a good option but I just find the suspension to be too stiff. Even though the Brezza has more space at the back, the Brezza's suspension makes it uncomfortable over long journeys. The Ford is much more supple and is also a better handler. You can read the detailed comparison between the Ford EcoSport and Maruti Suzuki Brezza here. Do let us know what you decide on.

JijoMalayil

Member: 02 Nov, 2015

Total Posts: 2293

• 25 May 2016, 6:48 pm
8.5 lakh budget, you can get the top of the line Baleno Alpha Petrol. Great space and features on offer. Same 1.2 litre petrol motor seen in Dzire, but the lighter kerb weight makes it more fun to drive and fuel efficient too. Try it out! Volkswagen Ameo in all probability will be a good car, and should be launched in June. So, if you have time, do take a test drive of both before deciding!

CorsaVeloce

"Stage 3 Mod"

Member: 01 Dec, 2015

Total Posts: 1305

• 25 May 2016, 6:49 pm
Aakash, of all these guys have suggested, my choice of the lot would be the Honda Amaze. NikilSJ's opinion of the Ecosport is biased as he owns one and is in love with the car ever since. Of the cars you have mentioned, the Amaze Facelift has the highest levels of refinement and also makes for a great value for money deal. it has all the options and gizmos that you would find on a Honda City and the interior has also been redesigned rather well.
Having said that, waiting for the VW Ameo is also a good option. News from this morning is that the first Ameo has rolled off the assembly line in Chakan and will hit showrooms very soon. The level of equipment and options are high and you get more car for your money.

Aakash

First Gear

• 27 May 2016, 10:21 am
Thanks Arjun, NikilSJ, JijoMalayil, CorsaVeloce
I am very thankful for your help, it will definitely help me finalise my first car.
Based on your comments, I will further refine my situation.."Yes" i should decide between Petrol or Diesel first. If i tell you frankly, initially i planned for Swift Dzire Petrol Vxi (Best in mileage, specifications, low maintenance cost)....
But, when it comes to my daughter's & wife's view...."Its a 7-8 yrs old model", why do we need a old model.." So based on this in my budget I thought "Brezza" can be a good option (we didn't liked Baleno) so will not talk of it..
My view - "Dzire", Family View "Brezza", Now I am confused if I am going for Breeza, then Ford EcoSport can also be an option--But talking to my friends reviews they say Ford in Petrol--"Never" & Ford EcoSport diesel will be out of my budget..
Secondly, if we talk of mileage, what Maruti gives no one can compete...which is making me stick to Maruti...even Ameo was a choice but looks like the mileage will be a real challenge.. ( There are some other options like KUV100...but not in the liking).
So...I want to say, We want some thing new, good efficiency, low maintenance as Maruti and standard features...Dzire was good on all criteria accept its 7-8 yrs old model which is coming in mind before booking...
Now hopefully you all got my problem !! pls share your views again..
Thanks !!
Aakash

Arjun

• 27 May 2016, 10:54 am
Aakash , have you considered the Elite i20? It has a peppy petrol engine, has premium interiors and also has great looks. For Ford, I would not suggest the 1.2 Petrol used in the Figo and Aspire, however, the engine used on the Ecosport-Ecoboost engine is very good. It has won multiple awards world wide for the power output and frugal fuel consumption.
Also,m regarding fuel efficiency, the claimed fuel efficiency would not be the figures you actually get. Actual figures may depend on your driving style and in the real world there is hardly much difference in the fuel efficeincy for most of the 1.2 lt engines. I would suggest you to consider the Elite i20 Petrol engine also. If you have time to wait, you can also wait for the Brezza to come with a petrol engine which may be another 1 liter turbo charged petrol engine which is frugal and powerful. However, with the present demand for the Brezza, Maruti has not confirmed any timeline for the launch of the petrol version.

Aakash

First Gear

• 27 May 2016, 7:57 pm
@ Arjun, I got your point But if i had to go to Hatchbacks I would have many choices like...Swift, Baleno...I am looking for compact SUV or Sedan.

saheb25

First Gear

Member: 06 May, 2016

Total Posts: 10

• 26 Jul 2016, 11:35 pm
Don't buy Swift Dzire. With the budget you have ,Brezza wouldn't be a good option. Ertiga is too boring. So you have Ecosport and Honda Amaze.
Buy Honda Amaze.

H._S._K.

First Gear

Member: 28 Aug, 2017

Total Posts: 1

• 28 Aug 2017, 2:22 am
  • Hi I want to buy a car but confused between vitara brezza & All new dzire. Tell me which is best on the basis of driving, comfort, performance, look etc.

Arjun

• 28 Aug 2017, 5:36 pm
H._S._K.
As you have compared it with the Brezza, I am assuming that you are looking for the diesel variant.
Though the Brezza has a more powerful engine, the new Dzire has more premium interiors. Also, being a FGT as compared to the Brezza's VGT, the drivability in city traffic is better on the Dzire.
The advantages for the Brezza are the SUV stance, and more powerful engine.
The Brezza does come with a more powerful engine , driver armrest,projector headlamps,cooled glovebox and cruise control which are great features for the highways.
So, as a city car, the Dzire would be a better option, where as the Brezza would fare better in highways.

Yatin_Kumar

First Gear

Member: 16 Oct, 2017

Total Posts: 4

• 16 Oct 2017, 4:21 pm
Depending on your personal preference, there is a lot of difference between owing a Maruti and Ford especially when it comes to running and maintenance costs. However, Ford has progressed impressively thoug in the last few years. Ford Ecosport with its very aggressive price delivers everything that a conventional SUV should with a benefit being that it isn’t as bulky as a full grown SUV.
The Ertiga would be logical choice among the other two only if you really need a car with higher seating capacity.

Fourth Div

Threads Posts Members