2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R to launch on August 9th
Coming week, India Kawasaki Motors will launch the much-awaited and updated 2012 version of the Ninja 650R motorcycle in the country
Having experienced a rather steady response to the 2011 Ninja 650R, Kawasaki is now geared to launch the 2012 version of the Ninja 650R in India on August 9th. While the last year’s Ninja 650R did a fair job of warming up the market to 600cc motorcycles at an affordable price-point, the new 2012 Ninja 650R promises to raise the bar higher with its revised styling and new features.
While its predecessor looked a bit bland in its appeal, the new 2012 Ninja 650R gets a complete makeover which makes it look ultra-stylish and presents it with a belligerent form. So while the Ninja 650R still maintains its practicality and functionality, with its latest update it gets fitting aesthetic charm as well as interesting new features and technologies.
But the updates come at a price and the new model is about Rs. 80,000 costlier than the previous generation model costing Rs. 5.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune). Bajaj Auto, who is responsible for sale of the Kawasaki via its ProBiking dealerships, will bring only limited numbers of the new model to begin with and the deliveries are expected to commence soon.
New features on the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R:
• Redesigned twin-pipe perimeter frame offers proper rigidity, stable handling, a low seat height and improved aesthetics
• Twin-pipe swingarm assembly offers improved rigidity and maximum style
• Redesigned exhaust system features a new connector pipe, a higher-volume 3-chamber muffler assembly for improved mid-range while maintaining peak top-end power, and a higher quality finish
• Redesigned bodywork features better aerodynamics, improved engine-heat dissipation and sharper looks that identify with the flagship ZX™-14R
• Easier-pull clutch cable design for reduced fatigue and enhanced control
• Revised suspension settings and increased wheel travel front and rear offer improved ride comfort while offering excellent compliance in varying situations
• Improved brake pads offer better braking performance and control
• New instrument cluster assembly features an analog tachometer and a digital readout module for at-a-glance information transfer to the rider
• 20mm wider handlebar offers improved rider comfort and control
• All-new multi-function instrumentation includes a fuel gauge, digital speedometer, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, economical riding (ECO) indicator, and an analog tachometer above the LCD info-pod
• Redesigned 2-piece seat assembly features thicker and wider foam for improved comfort for rider and passenger
• Dunlop’s grippy yet durable Roadsmart II tires are standard
• Increased fuel capacity and more compact battery
Sign up for our customized BIKER newsletter today.
Readers' opinions ( 6 )
The carmaker sold 1,020,410 Ford Focus compact...
by Team ZigWheels
Yukontorn 'Vickie' Wisadkosin, managing...
by Rahul Basu
Powered by trademark large American Vee twin...
Here is the exhilarating clip of the 2010 BMW S1000RR being tested at the Portimao Racetrack in...
Bajaj has unveiled its next generation Pulsar 200 for India and has slated its launch sometime...